Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 01:26 AM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default ~~ Thin wannabees Chit Chat - #19 ~~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Wannabees!

We are a friendly group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join us and let's work together towards a healthier us!!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: The Thin Group
Old 07-28-2006, 01:28 AM   #2  
CJ

OK - let's see lots and lots of posts now ... and remember to check the last thread for any posts you may have missed. Remember, I'll be gone for a couple days ... won't have a computer with me. See ya Sunday or Monday. Have a great weekend.

Love, CJ
Old 07-28-2006, 07:12 AM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

CJ- I don't talk to my dad more than a few times a year. Our relationship has been strained for many years....since I was about 12 when he decided he wanted a new family and basically cut off all ties to my mom and "her" kids. I call him on birthdays and special occcasions. My sister has visited him a few years ago, my brother Eric stays in contact with him, but my little brother Chris was just 6 when dad left. He really doesnt know him or claim him as his dad. Its rather sad but I can't blame my little brother. He never had a dad there for him while growing up. All he remembers is how badly mom struggled after he left and for many years without child support. She also lost her job with Harvestor shortly after the divorce and we went on welfare for many years. Its hard to raise 4 kids on a high school education. So in alot of ways I guess we blame him.

But that was 30 years ago now, my mother has made a life for herself and remarried 18 years ago (After we all left the nest). My dad is still married to the same woman he left mom for. He's now 62 and in poor health. I think its time for my little brother to bury the hatchet. Its not gonna happen because dad denied that Chris was his way back when.

Well enough of the old family history. Life is too short to dwell on the past!! Have a great weekend
Old 07-29-2006, 07:39 AM   #4  
banned

Ah life is back to normal once again. My 5 year old neice is back home with her mommy, daddy and new brother Ty. Its just me and my 3 kids home right now and school starts in a glorious 3 weeks!!! Geez its been a long summer.

On the weight front...I'm down another 3 pounds!!! 163 You would think I would be happy now, but its still fat. I've noticed that spare tire #1 and its twin spare tire #2 have really started to diminish. Now if they'd just go away!!! Only 13 pounds to go until I reach my November goal and then probably another 15 and I will stop. Easier said than done, I have a habit of wanting to lose more when I start to get down into those smaller clothes.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!

Love,
Tami
Old 07-31-2006, 02:27 PM   #5  
banned

Good afternoon ladies!!! Looks like I'm talking to myself again, LOL

3 weeks from today............drumroll please...................SCHOOL STARTS!!!!
I am sooo happy, its been a really long summer and I hate summer. Today its once again in the low 90's with a heat index now of over 100. And the stupid sun is out, I'd rather have clouds today so I could go swimming without turning into a peeling tomato.

I really think I need to get a job. I am soo bored and have lost interest in doing my computer art stuff. And of course, I'm always broke. Anyone know where a lazy 40 something with no talent or skills can get a decent job???? LOL

Haven't weighed in a few days and don't plan to. The scale becomes an obsession with me very easily and it determines my moods. On the bright side I got my fat a$$ in a size 10 Levi's today......LOL, ok so it was really tight and I have a tremendous muffin top in them, another 15 pounds and they will fit. Once I actually fit in them I only have 1 goal (my old clothes) and its a size 7 levi's jeans and skirt. Damn if they don't look like they'd fit a small child though, it will be a long time yet.

Hope everyone is keeping cool right now, back later

Love,

Tami
Old 07-31-2006, 04:45 PM   #6  
CJ

Hey tami - you're not alone - not talking to yourself! Congrats on your 3#!!! You're doing greaaaaaat! So your kids go back to school in 3 weeks - that will go fast! Boy, do I remember that feeling - mine were so wound up by the end of summer.

OK ... big drumroll for me here .... ready? I JOINED CURVES TODAY! Yup, I picked the hottest day of the year I think so far - we're way over 100 but I walked in that door and did it! I even did my first 30 minute workout too! Got measured - YUK - and weighed - DOUBLE YUK - but believe it or not it was actually fun and can't wait to go again. I was going to go the 3 times a week for starters but, I'm thinking of going again tomorrow.

It is sooooo hot today that I did something else that I never never do ... I was lying on the bed watching my soaps and I just plain fell asleep ... napped all afternoon! Now I feel like S___! Not cooking that's for sure - going to go to a restaurant where it's cool and eat. Actually, not even hungry - just thristy - for water!

Did you see Suzanne's notice above our thread about the forum weigh-in for August? Tomorrow's the 1st of Aug so let's all weigh ourselves ... then we just have to report how much weight we lost at the end of August. It's for the whole website not just our group. Sounds like a good thing.

Well, hope to hear from our other ladies soon. Have a great day!

Love, CJ
Old 07-31-2006, 05:01 PM   #7  
banned

CJ- Congratulations on joining curves!! That a step in the right direction. I'm not sure whether I'd be able to do that or not.

I got a call today for a phone interview for a part time job. I'm nervous as ****, LOL I would much rather go in, in person. I just know I'll stumble all over myself or talk waaaay tooo much on the phone. But the job is for phone customer service for Centennial Wireless, right up my alley. I used to work CSR for the City Water Dept here. Of course the lady called me around 4 pm when my kids were screaming and hubby had just gotten home. She said she would call me on Wednesday morning(hubby is taking the kids out of the house for a few hours). Now I am a bag of nerves. Oh well, it doesn't really matter that I get this job, I just want a job. Maybe Walmart will hire me for evenings only....I really need to get out of this house.

I'll weigh myself again tomorrow and hopefully by the end of August I will have some good news to report. It seems to get harder the more I lose those.

I understand the sleep thing. I get really disoriented when I fall asleep during the day. Its like I can't wake up. Unfortunately I don't get the opportunity to do it often.

Talk at ya later

Love,
Tami
Old 08-01-2006, 07:36 AM   #8  
banned

OK, August 1rst- 162 pounds. Thats what I'm starting off with.

Your turn
Old 08-01-2006, 09:12 AM   #9  
CJ

Oh my - this isn't good but here goes - 178 for me - Aug 1st.

I'm going to Curves again this morning ... I CAN DO THIS!

Another over 100 degree day for us here ... my poor garden needs weeding but I just can't get out there in this heat ... hopefully tomorrow will be cooler.

Have a great day!

Love, CJ
Old 08-01-2006, 09:38 AM   #10  
banned

CJ- Yes, you can do it!!! I have faith in you.

Its supposed to be 92 with a heat index of around 100 here too. Looks like cooler temps are moving in for Thursday and the weekend though. Well if you consider the 80's cooler, LOL

Have fun at Curves, I get to take my kids to the dentist this morning. My pocketbook is already crying foul!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:54 AM   #11  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Hi my friends, I missed you!

How is everyone? I thought I would post since I have been gone for a while and let everyone know how I am doing since my brother, Jerry died a couple of weeks ago.

Well it has been really hard on my, since I took care of him for the past 5 yrs and did everything for him, and took him everywhere, it is a big adjustment for me. How do you go from making sure he got what he needed, Little Debbies, hot dogs, his favorite kind of pop and taking him wherever he needed to go for various appts, like Dr's, Dentists and for his medicaid, food stamps and everything else to nothing? Jer was like my little brother, but he was 4 yrs older than me, because he was mentally challenged. I guess also being I was with him when he died in my car on the way to the hospital, that is hard and that will say with me for a long long time to come.

The funeral was sad, but we lasted just one day and than it was over. Lots of people came to see him, and I was happy to see that he had touched so many people in Michigan. As well as here in Indiana, I get cards and calls all the time from those who knew him. But I wll get through this in time.

Ken and myself are going to go to New Orleans from Aug 11th to the 18th, I have never been there, Ken has some family there that he hasn't heard how they fared. They are from the Plaqiminnes Parish area, in Bureas that got pretty much devistated, and we don't know if can even go there. But now we can go away and I won't be constantly worrying about how Jer is doing and if son Dan has to take him to the hospital for an attack. I need to get away just to think and have some time away from everything. Today daughter, Kelly is coming over to go through his clothes, she is a 6t grade teacher in an inter city school in Indy and says the school will make sure the clothes go to those that need it. So I won't have to do this alone at least. I have been so busy with the Thank You Cards and doing various things for Jerry's bank accounts and some other things you do when someone dies and 6you take care of their affairs.

But anyways other than that I am hanging in there. Weight wise I am down several pounds since I have not had much of an appetite lately. But I am trying to take care of myself too.

I have missed you all so much!

CJ-Thanks so much for the phone call and everything else. We were in Michigan for Jer's funeral when you called, but I am so appreciate of everything and your love and support mean so much to me. We have known each other for many many years now and I know I can always count on you when I need a friend.

Sylvia-Thanks for the lovely email from you, I sure did love getting it in spite of the circumstances. You always know how to make me feel better and I have loved getting those wonderful emails from you, like when you sent a beautiful email to me on the anniversary of my brother, Rick's death. You are one in a million and a sweet and thoughtful person.

Kim-Thanks to you too for your beautiful email as well. That was so nice of you to offer a shoulder to cry on, as you put it. I hope things are going good for and Hannah and one of these days when things slow down maybe we can meet downtown Indy for lunch. I would love that.

TamiL-Thanks so much too to you your kind words too concerning my brother and myself. It is wonderful to see you post like you do, you are a wonderul person to have in our great group. Congratulations on you nephews birth, I know you are a great Aunt to him. Also good luck on the phone interview for the new job. I will keep my fingers crossed that you get it and they will be so lucky to have you too.

Well I guess I better get going cause Kelly will be here in a few minutes. So love to all of you's. Hope we can get a lot of Wannabee's posting soon cause I miss all of you.

Love you much, Sharon
Old 08-01-2006, 12:51 PM   #12  
banned

Sharon- So nice to hear from you sweetie. I know its been rough for you lately and I know you will be ok in time. Its wonderful that your daughter is helping you out in this way. She sounds like a super person. New Orleans sounds a bit scary still. I don't know anyone from there personally but I spend alot of time on the internet reading up on the aftermath and the re building process. Have a great trip and stay safe

Glad to hear that your weight is going down even with all the road blocks in your life right now. Atleast its a positive event.

Well gotta run once again, my house has been a bonafied looney bin for the last 2 months and I still have 2 weeks and 6 days until school starts

Wishing everyone a wonderful Tuesday and some goes out to us all!!!
Old 08-01-2006, 01:14 PM   #13  

So nice to see some new people on our forum and also see that we have had some that are so faithful to the group.
CJ- I think you will love CURVES. It's an easy way to get your excercise done and out of the way. I'm heading out in a few minutes to put in my 30 minutes. The ladies are all so nice and the staff is friendly also.
Tami- I hope your job interview goes well. I tend to talk too much when I'm nervous so I know how you feel.
Sharon- So sorry to here about your brother. It must be hard for you since he was such a big part of your life. Hopefully each day will bring a little healing. You will be in my prayers.
Looks like we have all had a heat wave this summer. We had a temp of 104 last week. That was too hot for me! We have come down 30 degrees in a weeks time. I love the 70's!!!! I'm back to working in my garden. Hopefully, between gardening and Curves I will start losing weight again. I'm stuck at 178.
Janicej
Old 08-01-2006, 01:38 PM   #14  
banned

Thanks janicej!! I tend to ramble when I'm nervous and without visual cues to the person I'm talking with its really hard to stay focused without either coming off "*****y" or "know it all", LOL Its kind of like my typing.....I could go on forever sometimes. Don't sweat the plateau, I was on one for 3 weeks in July and then went from 172 down to 162 in the last few weeks. Its just soo aggravating. I want to be much smaller than I am. I know it will happen, I have the determination and the will power.....just not the patience!

Its only 94 degrees here right now and really humid. Thursday its supposed to cool off into the 80's. Did I mention I hate summer? Atleast I have the air conditioners going full blast here. My poor little ones will start school on August 21st, the school has no air conditioning. Its really pathetic to start school in mid summer. I think they should go from mid september to mid june here due to the weather but no one listens to parents.

I love the mid 50's BTW and I like snow (looks nervously for arrows pointed at her).

Tami
Old 08-01-2006, 04:34 PM   #15  

Wow, Tami that is encouraging to have a 10 pound weight loss in a few weeks. I hope my body starts giving up some weight real soon! I'm a little shorter than you are so every extra pound shows. I would like to get down to a size 6-8. I've already dropped one size since June. I would love to have to buy a new wardrobe for Christmas.
janicej
Closed Thread