3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2001, 07:28 AM   #31
Work in Progress

Good Morning all
How is everyone?

I am still Op and did a 45 min w/o yesterday morning. What a menatl battle that is as my mind tries and tells me that I have done enough. Not that I can't go another minute. SO I am trying to vary it. Or plan my w/o's so there is somekind of rouitine

I have seen Sue do that when she posts.
How are you doing anyway? I am kinda worried about you. Ozzie or no Ozzie .

Lee, It is so wonderful to see your posts. I love the words of wisdom. Thanks for the quest about carb counting. It made me do an inventory. I keep my fruit choices w/ a glycemic index under 50. There isn't many of them, and the majority from green stuff.

Dana you're absolutly right!!! We are going to do this together!! I have been posting invitations to those asking ques about low carb eating. I hope they jump on the bus!!

Joanne WAY TO GO!!!! Isn't it a great feeling? I feel so much better OP,

Terri Hello, How has your husband made out? He had to have a 3rd surgery????? Congrats on the OPness

Well hope everyone is doing well

Plenty of seats on teh bus

Pat

Old 09-06-2001, 07:35 PM   #32
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Been kinda quiet around here which makes me sad. Where the heck is everyone????

Not gonna give up on you luekers out there...PLEASE jump on board!

Tomorrow is weigh in day so I will be sure to check in and give my progress. I hope all the goodies I passed up at the rib fest will make the "scale gods" shine down upon me! Keep your fingers crossed for a loss!

Hope everyone is ON PLAN and still fighting the good fight! See ya tomorrow!
Old 09-06-2001, 10:31 PM   #33
Senior Chicky

Arrow Hey Fellow LC'ers !!!

I don't know if you are aware of some of the things that have been going on with THE Mother Hens...but wanted to make you aware.

These girls have worked hard and sacrificed for this board. Not for monetary gain, but for all of us. I hope that you will take a few minutes to read their journals and post to ALL if our support going to them. I've been around for quite some time and have gone thru the transformations (which meant sacrifices for them) of this board.

It is my hope that we can all come together for many things, BUT first and foremost to our HOSTS in offering our love and support.

If I've done this right, please click here for the story.

http:http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...&threadid=9167

Please join us and others in thanking our "sisters" for this wonderful site.

mamaj aka Janice

Last edited by MamaJ; 09-06-2001 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-06-2001, 10:55 PM   #34
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Pat Whooo Hooo it sure is exhausting to make the exercise go. Try looking up www.bodyforlife.com they have a killer exercise plan for you. it is all done by self and with weights. I found that i did not have what it takes to push my self to the limit but ended up hiring a trainer.and he pushes me. isee changes and that ia really ispiring and really encourages me to kepp going. I also make personal goals when i exerxise, ti hit a certain number during the exercise for calories burned the keep trying to go higher, and that helps, I will say that at first it was to just finish the time frame, the veryfirst time i steped on a machine I DIED at 2 min and by 5 I was panting like a train, now i am panting and sweting up a atorm but I love it, and these last few days I have been so busy i have not been to the gym and am dying for s taste. I am going for 20 min tomorow. so I can get my fix. it has taken me a long time to be able to say that,so keep on pluging. the bennies of exerciseing that way is so great, I will post them another time but I need to catch up on all that has been going on.

Dana you go girl 28 wow that is truly fantastic. I gave you a message back My scale has been bouncing but I am still playing at 179-180 so that is 55 lbs ish I truly knows the feeling when you say that you have found your face. I still stare at mine and can not believe that it is showing, I just stared for hours when i saw my cheekbones for the first time in many years, I am now starting to get a sculptured face, i have some angel to my cheeks and boy it sure is exciting.

Joanne whoo hoo for the control that you had, that is truly great. one step at a time and you will be there at goal before you know it.

Now just a bit to say what i have been up ot. I have had a tough week, monday my dog killed a skunk and well you guessed it, i washed him for over 2 hours on an empty stomach and did not fair to well, i came inside and dove into a bowl of ffrosting that was on the counter, then ate not pig out style the rest of the day but not good either i did have cake and icecream, I have been mostlyu OP after that. then tuesday I found that the endo of the month i am jobless. well that is gong to be tough I am trying hard to find ways of making money without going to wrk in a hospital or nursing home, unemployment is out of the question with this nursing shortage an RN is not without a job!!! but i do want to be picky. I had a dear old man friend die on saturday but did not find out untill tuesday and then a bunch of other things happen so I have been a bit preoccupied but I need to be OP and neeed to have my time with my friends, sso tomorow is a new day and Dana get the superglue out I keep telling myCabana boy that i need to have a killer body by the end of the month so i can make money selling my body ar even better yet dancing I do not have much rhythem but i do not think they are looking for that

So have an OP day
Old 09-07-2001, 07:30 AM   #35
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

The "scale gods" have smiled upon me today! (Passing up all the goodies at the rib fest paid off.) I have taken OFF 3 more pounds which brings my total to 31 now! Whoooooo Weeeeee!

I am sad that we have som many lurkers and not many posters here...so this BUS may be coming to a halt. (Not me...or my enthusaim for low carbing, (Atkins here) or my commitment to getting to goal, just this BUS thread. We just do not seem to have enough passengers to warrant a whole thread.

I appreciate those who have "taken a seat" and those who have posted......but it does not seem worth the GAS to drive a big empty bus.

Please check out Jennifer's journal about that negative message. I sent her a pm a couple of days ago expressing my thanks for the web-site and my support. Every one should take a moment to do so. My mom always taught me to CONSIDER THE SOURCE...and that is what I told Jennifer to do. Some people just don't "get it." This Cline person has obviously never had to battle a weight problem. There is TOO much negativity in this world as it is...SHAME ON PEOPLE WHO SPREAD MORE!!!!!!!!!!

To all you regular bus riders......you may have to find "another ride." We will see how this goes. I may be walking to goal.....alone.

Have a great ON PLAN day......and let me now if I should park the bus or not. Thank you! Dana
Old 09-07-2001, 07:36 AM   #36

Default Mixing programs?

Good morning.

Yesterday was OP . . . IF I was using the CAD program and not Atkins. At lunch time, I indulged in some serious carbs (ate at a Starbucks' Cafe ) but I consumed them all in a 45 minute period. I had had an OP breakfast and dinner and drank the water. I felt pretty good. Maybe I'll let myself have one of those "reward" meals once (emphasis on the "1") a week. Something to tell myself I have to look forward to when the cravings are really strong.

25_Hopeful -- I wouldn't worry so much about the number of lurkers for this thread. For many months, lurking is all I did. I used the information and the support given to others to motivate me to try (yet again) to lose my fat suit. Some people are just shy. Some are looking for the thread that makes them feel at home. Folks will chat when they are ready. In the mean time, if you want to talk, here I am.

Joanne (Jo)

02/02/04: 272 (OMG!!!)
04/11/05: 242 (YES!!!)
Old 09-07-2001, 07:38 AM   #37

Default By the way . . .

. . . Have we settled on a new club name yet? We really need to start a new thread and I'd like to know what it's going to be called.

Joanne (Jo)

02/02/04: 272 (OMG!!!)
04/11/05: 242 (YES!!!)
Old 09-07-2001, 05:27 PM   #38
Work in Progress

Hi just a quick note,
I am still here , Op, and devoted to this thread.
Let's give this a little more time to let the dust settle.
I am recovering from my morning procedure and still have medicine head.

Sue I am so sorry about your week. and your job. Big Hugs!!!!!

Dana hang with us
Joanne way to go!!!
I am going to start #2 thread w/ just low carb support club until we can decide what to call ourselves
Pat On teh BUs

Old 09-13-2001, 05:26 PM   #39
gbo

Greetings all. My name is Pam ,I am 47 and have been a shut in for about 8 years. I have been heavy since childhood and extremely overweight since puberty. I spend alot of time doing genealogy, writing and crochet. I began this on the 8th of September,2001. I began at 338 lbs. I discovered I had lost five lbs in the four days I spent finding a support group and doing a good bit of low carb research. Boy was I surprised.
Sue has made Adkins my best friend once again and I will weigh on Saturday. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I know I am losing as the metallic taste is in my mouth. Extra water has helped(bless you Sue) . Years ago I lost 108 lbs on Low carb and kept it off for several years until I was injured at work. A severe spinal injury that caused me to be bedfast for over a year. Several years later the weight kept building and exercise was impossible , Illness followed and so here I am. I will be successful.
I want the me I know to return and I have prayed for those years lost to be rolled away as well. Which means I ask for the hands of time to reverse about 17 years. Well... one can dream you know! I am determined to lose . My goal is 125 as I have small bones ( boy was I mad at the doctor who first told me that) . I have along way to go and support is new and wonderful to me.
I check in most everyday. I am so happy I found all of you. So far so good!!!!!
Old 09-13-2001, 06:13 PM   #40
Trying to find my way.

Pam I am coping this and bringing it over to the thread labeled #2 Ok?? So glad to see you here get ready for a great ride we do like to kick but here!!!
Old 09-19-2001, 04:54 PM   #41
gbo

You can move me anywhere you like as long as I am still here! As if you could do any wrong in my eyes SuzieQ. Not possible.

I have lost 20 lbs and holding. I took a carb day as a reward for the 20lbs. I won't do that again for a while. My weight has not dropped an oz. , now Sue I know it is not what it seems but I must get below 300 as quickly as possible. It is my wall of China and it is here I have fallen to the way side over and over again.
Thank to your posting I understand it and will nor stop. If it takes
weeks of plain tuna and nothing else , I will get past this wall. I am surrendering the crystal Lite for plain water aand if you all can think of any other steps I can take feel free to offer suggestions.

I am hanging tough. So far so good.
I will not stop...I am success incarnate!
I have 193 lbs to go.
Old 09-19-2001, 10:49 PM   #42
Trying to find my way.

Pam I do not want you to get lostin this thread. you may want to post in low carb support #2 ro what ever number we are on. that way the others can see you and respond too. there are several of us using this as our kickbutt thread and reallypushing to get the fat off. we love you and your enthusiasm so do not be shy just jump in!!! (I am moving the post over so the others can read it) I posted a repy to the thread up in the 100's. i have a menu thread and exercise thread (combined) here in the miscl group. write your daily food intake and the rest of us can see if there is something that should be changed to get the fat rolling off. Dana has been doing beautifully. she is such an inspiration she has lost over 30 within a few months of being Op for atkins.

well i will see you up there
Old 09-22-2001, 08:00 PM   #43
gbo

Wow am I proud of our group! ya'll are doin so well. I slipped once this day and had a biscuit. My husband doesn't get it and brought me breakfast. Eggs, bacon, potatoes and a biscuit with butter and jelly. I held my fungers up like a cross and hissed at him. My down fall has always been breads. I had one biscuit with my eggs and bacon. He thinks you can only lose weight by calories and no matter how I explain it.....well my Taurus is stubborn. It is my only slip and it won't happen again. I am a good kid. So my Mom say's. Really I am just not willing to let go of the vision....the day I reach my goal and Sue You already know mw pretty well......I will have fireworks even if they come from my own soul!!!!!! Love you all.
Closed Thread