3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2001, 12:03 PM   #16
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Happy Labor Day All!

Hope everyone has the day off and can enjoy on of the last "days of sumer!" It is BEAUTIFUL here in Pittsburgh. Sorry I did not check in as I promised yesterday. Hubby and I spent the day getting the house back together after the big double college move! We then went to a rib festival where the group AMERICA performed! A great time! Ribs were yummy and I was able to pass up the fudge, roasted corn and funnel cakes that were whispering my name! (Me soooooo proud!) Next labor day we will all be closer to goal..(or maybe even there for some.).. and we can run around in bikinis eatting an ice cream bar! (Dreeeeeeams!)

OK jdoneil......you are now SITTING on my lap in the drivers seat of the BUS! (You ain't going nowhere babe!) Forget about that one pound! Eat a few eggs and some tuna to get yourself back up to high energy and consider yourself back on track! (I saw you hanging on that bumper.......a girl could get hurt!) We all have our bad days. Falling down is not failing........failing to get back up IS!) You know what ya gotta do babe and you ARE doing it! (Me so proud of you1)

hello dottie Are you planning on riding the bus? There are plenty of seats here if you wanna get to goal with us!

my nasus....seat belt in locked, girl! (You will always be my co-pilot...right there in the front seat!) We will get to goal together...don't worry!

my fralick.........you are always so helpful with pointing out tips about the other threads! Great job! KNOWLEDGE IS POWER and the more we know (and APPLY that information) the better chance we have at success! Keep up the good work!

louvanwhk.......where are ya babe! Your seat is here. Hope you are on plan and still rolling with us!

To all you lurkers...as stated above.....we got lots of seats here! Please come aboard for plenty of "fellowship and butt kicking" as we all get these darn "fat suits" off. (How cool will it be to arrive at destination....get off the bus...and have nobody recognize us 'cause we got so skinny!) We can wish it right now.........but DREAMS DO COME TRUE!

Last edited by 25_HOPEFUL; 09-03-2001 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-03-2001, 07:05 PM   #17

Default Buckled In.

You are all SO GREAT! Thanks! My seat belt is fastened and I'm back OP.

Actually, I don't have much choice today. First my little one got sick (poor baby) Then I started feeling nausus (although I'm starting to feel a little better now). DH is making us burgers for dinner. He's so sweet. He did all kinds of driving back and forth to Massachusetts today (about 6 hours alltogether). Driving like that really takes a lot out of you. He heard me tell Jen that my stomache didn't feel so hot and promptly offered to cook dinner (which was my job tonight).

I did get out this afternoon (neighbor sat with Shane). I just HAD to go to the book store. I found out that Atkins made a companion cookbook to the "New Diet Revolution" plan that I'm following. Got it! Don't be surprised to see some new entries in the recipe threads after I've experimented some. I've only gotten through about 1/3 of the book and there are already about a dozen post-its earmarking recipes.

Joanne (Jo)

02/02/04: 272 (OMG!!!)
04/11/05: 242 (YES!!!)
Old 09-03-2001, 09:14 PM   #18

Default HA,HA I FOUND YA

HELLO

thanks hopeful....I prob wouldnt have found you all and I was having withdrawls......I fell off the wagon but am jumping on the bus..... (this is me waving my bus ticket hehehe)

So glad to be here with everyone..... I dont have time to post right now but I will be back .....

Take care everyone....tomorrow(tues) I start induction on Atkins ( for the 3rd time)...

see ya later and glad I am here with ya!!!!!
Old 09-03-2001, 10:34 PM   #19
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I fell out of the window this morning. I am strugeling not to go back and eat the cake for snack. CARB MONSTER!!!! UUUGGGGHHHH. Dottie you are right the protien will really go a long way to helping stay OP and I did not do that, all morning i said I need to eat breakfast and did not!!! (MY dog killed a skunk, and i had the fun job of trying to wash him) and my stomach was turning from the dog and hunger so when I came inside i dove in to a bowl of frosting that My DD made. well I am grabing at the bumper, and thank god it is made of duct tape as I am sticking to it, I am going to go to bed so I can resist, and start fresh in the morning.

janice the hamburgers souded great, better than the ones i had I hope the stomach is better. write down all your foods it really helps and to know that you have to write it dwon helps keep you on target, (like I did not do toady)

Terri glad to see you catch up with us.

25 I know you will be wearing your bikini next year, and I will be right there too!!! I am soo proud of you will power, it is so contagious i should have read this thread thismorning then i would not have been in the frosting!!!

Dottie I love the saying each meal is a new start. you are so right about that. thanks for the words to make us think.
Old 09-04-2001, 06:29 AM   #20
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Happy Tuesday All! (But, it FEELS like MONDAY!)

The message for today is BE PREPARED!!! I was a little on the HUNGRY side yesterday.........(spent the day heavy cleaning.....great way to spend the day off!) I did not go off plan... (thank goodness)....but I did grab some extra cheese and 3 slices of hard salami to stop the hunger. (I am paying for it this morning with swolen hands from the salt!) I know believe I was only THIRSTY and should have stopped a couple times during the course of the day and DRANK SOME WATER!!! Also, eating 2 eggs will get the protein up in your body and that is a much better choice than what I did. Live and learn! [

COLOR=coral]How about a GREAT on program day for everyone.....okay??? I already have my meals planned out and have challenged myself to put my kidneys into "overdrive" today as I drink like a fishy![/COLOR]

I see lots of people "lurking" on this thread but not many are posting. How about if you lurkers jump on the bus and get to goal with us??? EVERYONE is welcome!

jdoneil....glad to see you got the book. Sometimes a change of foods is a big help for being excited about staying on plan. (Hope the little one is feeling better!)

tornadoterri....Don't you mean you start induction for the LAST time!!!!????? You WILL be successful this time because you are strapped in here and we will NOT let you down! Glad to see you again my friend...I missed you! PLEASE post a little information about yourself here for the gals who do not know you. We are all getting to goal TOGETHER. I am SICK of my "fat suit." Aren't you sick of YOURS???? Let's take then off together!!!

nasus........YES!!! A bikini would be soooooo awesome! The "bathing suit" I put on this summer (June 15.....remember that day...cause it was the day I GOT REAL about weight loss)...that made me about throw up.....has been TOSSED! I bought a new one when we were on vacation and although I still have about 80 to lose....it looks nice on me! I will be HAPPY to toss it next summer for a 2 piece....OR MAYBE A THONG!!!! Woooo hoooooooo! (Sorry about the dog/skunk thing. That really STINKS!! (Sorry...could NOT resist!) Glad to hear you are still with us! (You GOTTA be...we all need eachother!)

How about fralick....michelle and dottiejon......you all still with us????

Get on the bus and get to goal all! Plenty of seats and plenty of fellowship to go around!
Old 09-04-2001, 06:29 AM   #21
Work in Progress

Alright girls
Do not push the button on the seatbealts !!!!!!
It releases you and lets things happen like falling out doors, windows etc. The carb monsters are lurking on the curbs and in the ditches!!

Anyway,

While posting that I missed my labor day goal by 1# ( over in 100# club) I was reading my previous posts and I realized that I have lost

12 # since 7/17/01
Which is pretty good for me as it took over 6 months for me to lose the first 12.

I stuck to water yesterday and amazingly there were no cravings last night. So I think crysatl light was the culprit.

Did my morning routine yesterday as well as "labored" out doors all day yesterday.

Dottie , great tips and support. Yes you are right about the low carb forum . Lots of knowledge there.

Terri , We had a seat on the bus waiting for you.

Joanne, how is your little one? Glad your back on track.

Sue I am telling Ozzioe about the frosting. I don't think a kiss will get you out of what he has in store for you. Back to work today? Hope you have abetter work week.

Way to go Dana !! I hate when "they" are calling your name. I was watchinga Sara Lee commercial last nite and could have licked the screen. Gross huh?

I am on vacation, and would like to lose 2 more # this week. That seems about my avaerage.

Will check in later

Pat

Michelle are you still in seat 12 b?

Old 09-04-2001, 06:44 AM   #22
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

my fralick! We were posting at the EXACT same time! Just wanted to drop you a quick hello and say that I enjoyed your post! (Question: What is more gross..... 1.) Licking the tv screen during a Sara Lee commercial or 2.) Wanting to steal a bit of strawberry shortcake from a stranger sitting across from you at the rib fest we went to? Hmmmmmmm
We WILL succeed!
Old 09-04-2001, 08:56 AM   #23

Default Quick "Hi!"

Good morning!

This is gotta be quick (I'm at work).

Shane is doing much better. He went to school today.

TOM finally showed up (about 6 days late!). Just like a man!

Stayed OP last night.

Switched to decaf & water after my two coffees this morning. Have added reduce caffeine to my list of "goals".

Our systems are all down here so I'm going to ask a co-worker if she want to "break" early and go for a walk.

Joanne (Jo)

Old 09-04-2001, 10:30 AM   #24

Hello Princesses!!!

Once I post, you will probably need to start a new thread. Imagine...I'm thinking this post will be rather lengthy!!! lol

Dana: Thank you so much for creating this thread. I know that we all need one another...those of us who are really SERIOUS about low-carbing and getting to our goals.

I know how you're feeling about being an empty nester. It's like a love/hate relationship, but you will love it sooner than you think. The quiet and personal freedom will be yours, and you will better be able to get your own life in order. After all, you have done a wonderful job with your boys, and it's your turn. You definitely deserved that wine, but now it's time to really kick butt!!!

Good job staying OP!!! You just keep on keeping on!!! Before you know it, we all will be celebrating having reached our goal. I'll be right there with you.

Pat: It's so good to see you here, too. I just love your enthusiastic posts. Crystal Light is so full of preservatives!!! In my case, the preservatives (and the salt) are the culprits in making me have cravings, or hungry. They really do a number to the stomach, too. I'm glad you decided not to have it for a while.

I do have a suggestion for you: When you eat fruits, you are loading your system with insulin...they're full of sugar, and high in carbohydrates. The sugar makes you crave nore sugar/food. Maybe if you either cut down on them, or cut them out altogether, you wont have the carb monsters lurking around so much. Are you counting carbs?

Michelle: Welcome!!! You have come to the right thread. These people are definitely motivated and serious about losing their weight. It's great to have you with us!

Joanne: I am hauling your butt on the bus and tying you down!!! You were probably nauseous from eating all that sugar!! Time to restart induction and get your system cleaned out and back in balance. Carrots are high in carbs and have sugar in them (I'm sure I read that somewhere), so they may well be the culprit in making you have more sugar cravings and kicking you off the program. Maybe staying with green and/or leafy vegetables would suit you better?

As for your slice of bread having 10 carbs, I wouldn't even go there! The carb monsters would really get me. Imagine 10 carbs of vegetables you could be eating...more easily and healthily filling your stomach so that you won't be so hungry...especially so soon . Bread is a real trigger for carb and food cravings.

As for your daughter, you're the boss. She needs to prove that she can be more responsible about getting herself up in the morning before I would allow her to have a later bedtime. Hang in there...I'm in your corner!!!

Dottie: Nice to see you here. There's lots that can be learned from all over...as you have found out. Lots of support and knowledge here. I hope you come back often and checkin with us. We're a great group, too!!!

Terri: Glad you found us. I am looking forward to hearing more about you.

Sue: It's good to see you here, too!!! I'm smacking your hands and strapping your butt down!!! You have done so well, it's time to stay on the bus! You know that you need your protein...how have you managed without (or without enough of) it??? This plan is about eating healthy and eating right. Read your book again and get right with the program. You've been a great inspiration to many with your weight loss.

By the way, I also celebrate my birthday in December (the 22nd) and plan to be at my goal by then.

I've been OP for 9 weeks (I think) now. These last couple of weeks have been really bad for me. I was having to take pain medication, and then I ate something that I was allergic to which (between the meds and the allergies) has caused me to have an abdominal (yeast) infection and to gain weight. I am now up to 208 pounds, but I am not disenchanted with the Atkins program. Hubby and I have eaten out a few times lately (he's been trying to keep my spirits up), and I think it might be something that was put in the vegetables or salads that I have been eating. I do fine when I am at home, so we have decided that for at least the next 3 weeks that we wouldn't go out to dinner any more (no big deal...I prefer eating at home).

I (again) share these thought with you from my Journal:

I have really thought about this program that I am on and about reaching my goals. I cheated in the first week of the program, and was really disgusted with myself. I started out my program by sabotaging it!!! Since the second week, I have been faithful to myself, and havenít repeated my mistake. My thinking today is that overeating and using food for rewards while on my program just doesnít make sense. Doing without the things that I enjoy while I am on this program is not a matter of depriving myself. It makes perfect sense. Those things that I am doing without are always going to be there, but right now, they donít fit in with my program. They will cause me to either gain weight, or not to lose. They might make me feel good momentarily, but really make me feel unwell in the long run. I will be disappointed with myself for not keeping to my strong commitment of losing this heavy burden that is extra weight. How can I justify eating something that isnít on the program? Why reward yourself with something that will sabotage your weight loss when the actual reward is the loss itself. How ridiculous can one be?

Please know that I do have cravings for my "other" favorite foods. Tiramisu, apple something-or other, chocolate, and etc. are not all that far from my thoughts at any time; but, what's most important to me is that I lose this "fat suit", reach my goal, and maintain my weight. I know in time that I can have (a little of) those foods...they will always be there. It's just a matter of time and planning.

For those of you who do not know me, you can read my story at: http://www.angelfire.com/al4/paula/story.html

I know this has been long, but I needed to get back in touch with my buddies again. Thanks again Dana for helping us all to do so. The other thread we had was great, and I was really resentful for the interference when we were all doing so well. We all can and will accomplish our goals...thanks to Dana, we have that much more support to do so!!!

Lee

Quote:
Remember...you are the daughter of the Heavenly King...that makes you a Princess!!! Feel like one...look like one...carry yourself like one!!!
Old 09-04-2001, 07:51 PM   #25

Default Are you ready for this?! :D

I STAYED OP ALL DAY!

TOM arrived (late as usual) today and I struggled off and on with some really nasty carb cravings. I did NOT give in. I just ate my last meal of the day (beef patty with mushrooms and cheddar cheese and a large glass of water). No longer hungry so I'm sticking to water from now until bedtime.

I even got in a quick 1 mile walk this morning and a leasurely 15 minute "mall" walk (a.k.a., window shopping) at lunch time. Even managed to up my water intake.

I am feeling SO STRONG! And I owe all of the credit to this support group. You all take a bow! You've earned it. Thank you! Thank you!

Lee -- You posted almost as long as some of my "books". Thanks for the encouragement with the program and my daughter. I hope I didn't give the wrong impression. She really is a good kid. She's just typical of her age (13) and not extremly responsible. You know the story -- wants to grow up and get all the privileges but wants none of the responsibility or work that accompanies the transition. She'll make it eventually. Although, I'm not sure DH and I will.

Joanne (Jo)

Old 09-04-2001, 08:10 PM   #26

Of course you and your DH will, darling...you are tough. Stick tio your guns and let her shoe you how responsible she can be. With a Mom like you, I am sure she will go far!!!

Congrats on staying OP. Don't let anything dissude you from staying that way!!!

I'm sending all my strength, support and love to you!!!

Lee
Old 09-04-2001, 10:05 PM   #27

Default MADE IT THROUGH DAY 1

whew...... day 1 and I barely made it....BUT, I did!!! thanks to my daughter who helped me with dinner choice...actually she ate my serving of mac and cheese which I was about to dive into, knowing full well I couldnt have it , but I had gotten home late, TOM arrived (havent had one since july 1st), so really pms-ing, anyway, she said, are you suppose to have that??? I said no, and she said "Ithought u were starting atkins today?" I said yep, but I wont make it thru first day, so I will start over tomorrow...she said, "well, I will eat it cuz Im still hungry and you can have a hot dog with your salad and she grabbed my bowl and inhaled the mac and cheese (WHAT A GREAT KID)

SO, thats how I made it thru my first day, after all, I went all day OP , why blow it at night.....

well, a little about myself, I turned 40 last November, so that means I will be uh, um, um,, oh yea.....39 this Nov.... I go backwards now hehehe..... I have 2 step daughters, 27, and 18 years old.....2 daughters....14 and almost 12 (both going on 20),
I work part time at a Credit Union, I used to own a gym, so I know the importance of working out, however I have gotten away from it and that is one of my goals this month is to get back at it...... I have a hubby who has had 3 eye surgeries in the past few months,, (and on the flip side, I have a great ex hubby, he is the girls dad, and I swear we get along better now than ever) and we have a darling cocker spaniel who is our BIG BABY!!!!

I enjoy reading, reading and more reading, I used to enjoy exercising alot and am going to start up now... after taking care of everyone else.... as Dana as mentioned .....IT IS TIME TO START TAKING CARE OF ME!!!!! SO WATCH OUT, CAUSE I AM READY TO TAKE THIS BUS RIDE TILL I REACH MY DESTINATION.....ONLY STOPS ALLOWED ARE POTTY BREAKS

STAY OP AND EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!
Old 09-05-2001, 06:40 AM   #28
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

THE ONLY PLACE TO BE IS ON PLAN!!!

Good Day All! I am so glad to see you all posting and giving a little information about yourself! There are still plenty of seats on this BUS TO GOAL...so do not be shy. If you are lurking about..get on board! (PS...Hate to break it to ya terri....but since I bought a bus with 2 lovely restrooms.....THERE WILL BE NOOOOOO POTTY STOPS! We just can't take a chance stopping where there might me vending machines full of "no-nos." The bus has 2 pottys so we can enjoy all our water without "worrying."

As I stated at the start...on plan is the only place to be! You gotta PLAN to stay on PLAN. I have been taking a few minutes each day to have my health food choices ready. You gotta take some time for yourself gals! You do it ALL for hubby and kids....(and even make sure the dog is fed and has water).......do it for YOU! Just because you put others first...does NOT mean you have to put yourself LAST. That is how many of us got to wear this "fat suit" in the first place. (((By the way....WHO ordered these ugly fat suits????? I HATE MINE!!!))

I gotta get to work all....so no time to say a friendly hello to each of my GREAT buddies here......BUT..please do us all a favor today and post 1 thing positive or inspiring that has happened to you since committing yourself to this WAY OF LIFE and deciding to DO SOMETHING about fighting the fight!

I would like to share that with 28 pounds gone now..(and still 80 or so to go)....I am starting to RECOGNIZE my FACE again! Yes....I know you understand. That "puff ball" that I saw staring back at me sometimes as I put make-up on or brushed my teeth is starting to change back to "the girl I remember."

I don't know how we all got here.......struggling to get back to NORMAL. (It is like walking all the way around the world to get to your next door neighbors house sometimes!)..but we ARE here......and we have to TAKE CONTROL....and we gotta FIGHT this WEIGHT PROBLEM...and we are gonna do it together!
Old 09-05-2001, 08:22 AM   #29

I thought that I would share this with you all this morning:

Your Quick Inspiration For The Day:

The joy is that we can take back our bodies, reclaim our health, and restore ourselves to balance. We can take power over what and how we eat. We can rejuvenate and recharge ourselves, bringing healing to the wounds we carry inside us, and bringing to fuller life the wonderful person that each of us can be. - John Robbins

Lee
Old 09-05-2001, 08:47 PM   #30

Default Day 2 Down & Out (But OP!)

I STAYED OP FOR ANOTHER DAY. That's 2 in a row!

I had my monthly Avon meeting tonight. Which I forgot all about until 20 minutes before I had to be there. I hadn't had any dinner because I was making Shane (my little one) his dinner first so he could jump in the tub before bedtime. Luckily, Jennifer (DD) reminded me! I grabbed a 24 oz. bottle of water, ran a brush through my hair, and kissed DH and the kids good-bye. Meeting was very informative. The water helped with the hunger pains. Get this: I did not use my hunger as an excuse to go off OP when I got home! I was tempted. DH didn't make any dinner for himself (wasn't hunger) and the kids had already eaten. There wasn't any food made up. Luckily, I had some sliced roast beef in the frig that I rolled up 4 slices and dipped into Grey Poupon for dinner. Washed it down with another 24 oz of water. No more hunger!

Gotta go. I am really tired and I still have to remove my make-up, brush teeth, etc. before bed.

Joanne (Jo)

Closed Thread