Old 08-06-2006, 12:53 AM   #151  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Red face hitting the ropes....

Heh all. Sunday here and I'm recovering from a long night out. Oh well, call it an early birthday party. I'm going to have to see where this lands me with my challenges though. I'm afraid it ain't lookin' good.... In any case, I will be continuing on where I can, restarting where I have used up my pauses. Birthday bashes or not, this baby's gonna roll!

Shad dearest, don't be a stick in the mud. It's a silly little animated series of a balloon that scares people, that's all. It's real kid stuff. I wouldn't have put anything on here if it had been otherwise. The name and the description are rather frightening, that's all. I got a kick out of it. In fact, it's so tame, it is really cute and so your imagination hit the spot, really. It is a silly, goofy little balloon just playing pranks, poppin' itself. So, since you yourself keep poppin' in here....pun, intended! tell us what's up with you. I take it you're not up to a challenge, eh? How are things at work? You always sound so busy and harried. Hope things are going well!

trob -- Good going on those crunches! I admit to having not done mine yesterday. Should have done them in the morning. I had planned to come straight home after work but I was dying to get something off my chest and when a coworker said he'd join me for a pint, one certainly did lead to the next. It was good though. I had a lot to talk about and needed some advice and a trusted friend's perspective. Now, I checked out your husband's Web site and the pictures are gorgeous!! I didn't go through too many but I did go through a couple galleries and, really, they are beautiful. The Special Olympics one actually had me crying, seeing the joy on those faces...great stuff. You'd have to be proud. Enjoy the tourney!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:26 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 218/218/168

Height: 5'8"

first i must confess that i didn't get my crunches in yesterday. i was at the ball park from 8am until 1am. i did, however, drink about 200+ oz of water!

glad that you enjoyed the pics red. i am very proud of him. if you ever have a chance to take another look, go to my sons gallery. photos by drew. he was only 12 when he took most of them...now 14.
gotta run....baseball awaits me!

trob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:37 AM   #153  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Day 21 - exercise - good, DONE

Day 15 - calories under 1800 - good, 0 pauses left, level 1 BLEW IT

Ok, managed to complete the exercise challenge! However, the calorie challenge didn't make it. I was doing really well, but yesterday was so busy that I didn't have time to log everything as I went along. When I finally sat down to log my food after dinner, I ended up 55 calories over! So close! Oh well. I'm not going to start that over yet though. We are going camping for 4 days next week and I'll have no way to log my calories. I'll get going again after we get back.

Red - Yes, I checked out your balloon link. It was rather goofy, but I admit, I got a kick out of it! Sure hope your challenges end up ok!

Trob - I looked at your husbands pics and they are wonderful! Wish I had a talent like that. You have every right to be proud!

Even though I have no challenges right now, I'll still keep up with all of you. Hope you are all having a good weekend!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:27 PM   #154  
Never give up

Smile going to restart soon....

Morning all. Monday here and I must get out to the office. I am going to restart all my challenges again on Wednesday, the day after my birthday. I still have been doing them but have been slipshod, and I just want to start clean and strict again and figure I'll give myself till after the birthday celebrations to do that.

trob -- I will do just that...which is your son's gallery? Does it say as such in the title?...oh, I see, it's "photos by drew," right? Well, do double crunches today and I'm sure nobody will call foul on you! Keep up the good work!

dj -- Three cheers for you, dj!!! And what a hard challenge that was too! Yes, well too bad about the calorie challenge. I certainly would have allowed it. 55 calories, come on! That is too close to call. I would let it go and continue on. Of course, if you really don't want to, just consider it a restart. Nothing is lost. You had 15 days of staying under 1800! Glad you looked at the balloon link. I admit I had no idea what this balloon was or where it was from. I had just found the picture doing a google image search for "balloon" and only later realized there was a Web site. I like the party one. It's so innocent you gotta love it, though I do question why people even make sites like this, you know? That camping trip sounds like fun. I love getting out into nature and miss that here, though I could go and used to. These days, it's just riding and working. I used to do a lot of hiking, kayaking and cycling. Where will you be going and are you taking a trailer or just tents, or staying in cabins? Your area certainly has the beautiful nature. We were just talking about that area, Oregon, well, maybe far for you, but close when you're looking over from Japan. In any case, I hope you have a great time!

Old 08-06-2006, 11:16 PM   #155  

dj- congrats on getting your 21 days of exercise!!! don't be too hard on yourself about your calorie challenge, things happen. thanks for comments about my dh's pics. we took a giant leap of faith in jan. when he quit his job to follow his dreams...so far so good. remember to take a camera on your camping trip...you never know what you might see.

red- hope you enjoyed my son's pics. he has had two published in the last year which made him a professional photographer at the ripe old age of 14. not only does his take great pictures but he is a great kid.
what day is your birthday???

i was smarter today than yesterday, i did my 100 crunches right after i got up. so that marks off my 9th day of crunches and 64 oz of water every day with no pauses left.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:18 PM   #156  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Whoof, can't believe I haven't posted in here since the 31st! Let me see if I can figure out where I'm at with my challenges...

Challenge 1: max 15 cheddars per day -- Day 20 today (one pause day left; two taken on Aug 3rd and 5th)
Challenge 2: no chocolate -- Day 15 (3 pause days left)
Challenge 3: keeping a food log -- completing Day 8 (one pause day left; two taken Aug 5th and 6th because of travelling/hiking - no way to record stuff until today)
Challenge 4: no food after 7 pm -- Day 14 (two pause days left, one taken on Aug 3rd)

And my new challenge - to be in bed with lights off at least 8 hrs (preferably 8 hrs 15 min) before getting up time - started today, wish me luck!

I'm afraid I'll be a rare visitor over the next 2-3 weeks, if not longer... overseas move coming up soon, and tons of things to take care of before and after... eeek!
Red, imagine, I was not at all sore after the riding - hurray. No idea how come, especially since my boyfriend couldn't move the next day (and for most of the week afterwards!). It was great, can't wait when I can go riding again.

Take care everyone, and good luck. I might not be posting for a while, but I'll be present in spirit!

Sushi

Last edited by Sushi Penguin; 08-06-2006 at 11:28 PM.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:58 PM   #157  
Never give up

Cool long day...

trob, it's the 8th. Today is already the 7th here, so it's my tomorrow. I just took a look at your son's photos and they are really nice. The eagles are beautiful and I'm sure it mustn't have been easy to get those. I guess it helps having a photographer father to guide him, but it looks like he has natural talent. Do you think he really just enjoys this on his own? Does he say he wants to be a photographer as a career? Sounds good on your crunches. If you're going to have a busy day, that's the only way to do them really, early!

Sushi, you must be doing something right, not being sore. Perhaps you were able to relax and have good balance as well. Do you do any balance or core muscle exercises? Your challenges sound like they're coming along just fine. Just one more day on the cheddar one! Good luck on the lights out challenge and I hope to see you again soon!

Heh, check out that beautiful big moon!

Last edited by redballoon; 08-07-2006 at 06:40 AM.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:46 AM   #158  

red- drew loves taking pictures but he doesn not want to try and make a living at it, he wants to be a doctor. he says that he wants to make enough money to be able to have all the nice equipment and not have to worry about selling his work. right now, if he could, he would be out hiking with his camera every minute of the day.

sushi- great work! hope that the move goes well.

off to do my crunches and then to the pool. believe it or not, i met another teacher, on a different thread, that teaches in my district and has a daughter that is friends with my daughters. we are going to get together this morning and take our girls swimming. small world.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:03 AM   #159  

Good morning all.

Red - Yes, I hated blowing my calorie challenge by only 55 calories but I'm not going to continue right now. With our camping trip coming up on Friday, it's just not worth it. I'll start all new challenges when we get back.

We do have a camp trailer. Actually, just got it after selling our old one because it was too small now that my two older kids have gotten so much bigger and now we have a toddler too! It's not new, but it's new to us! We've gotten spoiled I guess having a trailer. It's so nice to get inside if the weather turns, which happens alot here in Idaho.

We live in south eastern Idaho, near Yellowstone, but we're going camping in central Idaho where we used to live. We haven't been up there since we moved here 7 years ago. We are actually looking to move to Oregon possibly and wanted to go back up to the central mountains one last time before we make our big move.

Sushi - good luck with the big move! Hope it all goes well.

Trob - yes, I will take our camera. Maybe we'll get lucky and see a moose. I don't know why, but they are my favorite. We also have elk and deer and sometimes you can actually spot a wolf! Hopefully, we'll see somthing out there.

Keep up the good work on your challenges!

Have a good day all!
Old 08-07-2006, 09:30 AM   #160  

Good morning all. OK. After wallowing in my cave for awhile, I am ready to come out and join the human race again. I am finally listening to the good angel some, and not the bad.

I will be starting two challenges tomorrow.

1. NO SODA!!! Soda is evil. Must not drink

2. Follow menu. The focus for this first one is to not have any unplanned out to eats and to monitor portion sizes. Will work my way back to the calorie count.

Both will start 8/8/06, and be level 3s. Heck, let's make them level 1's! There is a whole lot of leeway in the 2nd one, so I shouldn't have to cheat!

I am going to have to add in an exercise challenge soon too. I have decided to train for a sprint distance triathlon sometime early next year. I am also looking for a couple 5k's to do yet this year. The running is going pretty well, though I need to work on the speed now. So, once I figure out which one, and what I need to do to prepare, I will set some challenges to help.

Everyone, thanks for your patience with my ins and outs. Good luck with all your challenges, and I will check in tonight
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:42 AM   #161  

Hey Red, Happy Birthday! I keep forgetting that you are so many hours ahead of us that you're into the next day! Hope it's a good one for you!
Old 08-07-2006, 03:54 PM   #162  
Never give up

Wow! Thank you dj! It's 5 a.m. here! Getting ready to leave. Thanks again!
Old 08-07-2006, 05:54 PM   #163  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

RED

Have a great day.

Last edited by girlieyorkie; 08-07-2006 at 06:00 PM.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:49 PM   #164  

Happy Birthday Red Many blessings, and hope you do something extra nice for your self. You deserve it!

Not much else to report here. Had a nice ride on my horse tonight. Ready to start my challenges tomorrow. And (drumroll please) I said I would pop in tonight, and I ACTUALLY DID! This must be a record.

Have a wonderful night all!
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:28 PM   #165  
PinkSnowDays

S/C/G: 260/250/150

Happy Happy Birthday Red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats DJ!!!!!!!!!!!

Just stopping in, I'm moved... well mostly and am settling in. My internet is on and off for the most part lately so I'll stop in when I can. Taking a lil two day vacationscoming up this week too so I may not be back for a bit but when I am I will be ready for new challenges!! Miss you all! Keep up the good work!
PinkSnowDays is offline   Reply With Quote