Old 08-09-2006, 03:48 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

I'm going MIA for a few days!! I'll catch up when I get home!
Cheers!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #107  
dgpebbles

Monica sorry to hear about your father...your family will be in my thoughts...if you need anything I will be here for you..

Last edited by dgpebbles; 08-10-2006 at 01:53 AM.
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 04:02 PM   #108  
dgpebbles

Shari way to go...that was a great workout...sorry you had to get upset...keep up the good work
Old 08-09-2006, 10:59 PM   #109  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Thanks you guys!

Today was okay, not eventful BUT SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW!!!! YES! My little brother and sister are out the door! *evil laugh*
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:56 AM   #110  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Shari School started here yesterday woohoo
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:37 PM   #111  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

How's everyone doing? I'm doing okay, just tired. Payday is tomorrow and I'm already broke. Ah bills. I need another job.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:09 AM   #112  
so sweet

Height: 5'4"

Well, other than the fact that my nerves are shot because I just managed to suck a HUGE brown spider into my vacuum cleaner, I'm doin' good. That thing was freakin' GINORMOUS(Jim Carey, Bruce Almighty :P)!!! I'm not a total chicken, I can deal with your average little house spider, but dammit, this thing was completely out of control. I keep looking over at my vacuum wondering if the creature will find its way out.

Anyhoo, I stepped on the scale yesterday against my better judgement and to my surprise I'm down to an even 202. So only a .8 lb loss, but I'll take it.
It's been a little over 10 years since the numbers on the scale read anything under 200 and now I'm only 3 lbs away! But I'm so impatient with myself that it seems like its taken forever. I've lost a total of 40 lbs since last November, so you can see why I'm a little frustrated. Its so hard for me to not concentrate on the numbers on the scale, I'm totally obsessed, I admit it. Does anyone else struggle with compulsively hopping on the scale? Do you have any advice for an impatient chicky? Hope you guys are all doing well.
Jannelle
bejeweled*curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:12 AM   #113  
dgpebbles

Jannelle--I'm right there with you..I have to get on the scale everyday...I keep telling myself that I'm not going too but I can't keep away from it...I also want to see that number move...but don't count on just the scale...sometimes you are losing inches and not weight..so make sure you take your measurements also....I also have lost 40 lbs since december...its coming off slow but that a good sign....means we are doing it the correct way and that it will stay off...

Congrats on getting to 202..you will be in the 190's before you know it.

as for me I'm doing good...I'm on track with eating and my water but I haven't exercised since sunday...I really need to get it in gear....so starting sunday no more being lazy and no more excuses...I'm going to get in at least 4 days a week...someone give me a kick to get started.

Shari- I hear you about the bills...its like every payday you get all excited and then you pay bills and your depressed cause it all gone...lol..I need to throw all my credit cards away...and pay them off...that might help...lol but you know us girls we have to have our credit cards.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:27 PM   #114  
Day 1 back on plan...

Jannelle- LOL at your STORY I get those huge brown monsters as well.

I jump on the scale as much as 3 times a day. Depending on how many times i can get to it...Only when I'm trying to lose though.... if I'm not I stay as far away from that thing as I can. I got a new scale a week ago and it shows a higher weight so I'm all messed up trying to get back to where I started even though I really haven't gained Should take it back and tell them it isn't working right
Old 08-11-2006, 06:58 PM   #115  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Jannelle ~ Both me and my mama was ROFLMAO about that spider.

Donna ~ I am TOO scared to get a credit card. I just got the guts to open a checking account today. I got into trouble with checks when I was younger and I hope I don't screw up again cause this time I can go to jail. So yeah, I'm really scared right now. LOL

Lorra ~ LOL scales are evil....most of the time.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:35 PM   #116  
so sweet

Its always a plus when I can make people laugh with my sillyness!

Donna- thank you sweetie for your support and encouraging words. And congratulations to you also on dropping 40 big ones! I do sometimes take waist, hip and thigh measurements. In fact, sometimes those measurements are what keep me going when the numbers on the scale don't change. I know you're right about taking it slow, I just have to learn how to accept it, I have close to no patience.

Losing4another-(what's your name?)How do you kill those big suckers? Please tell me anything you can. And if that scale isn't behaving, I say lock it up in the closet until it decides to act right! Damn scales, they're so damn smug!

don't mind me, I just have issues with scales.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:01 PM   #117  
Day 1 back on plan...

Jannelle- YEA locking it up sounds good ..has been evil since the day I got it My name is Lorra.....My husband is my spider killer. I have a HUGE one behind my couch RIGHT NOW Dh went fishing and it looks way to big to suck up in the vacuum cleaner......he needs to hurry up and get home cause I am a BIG CHICKEN...He is the size of my hand and super fast.....YES I'M SCARED HELP!!!!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend...as soon as that spider is gone I will be able to finish enjoying mine
Old 08-13-2006, 01:13 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/135

Height: 5'9"

Default Lorra Get the Hairspray!!

Hi everyone,

I am getting by right now, things are tough and I have good days and bad ones, as far as my diet goes things are good the weight is coming off slowly.

Lorra, my husband is also my spiderkiller and if he isn't around I get out the hairspray and stick them where ever they are, that way they can't go anywhere until he gets home. There is nothing I hate more then a big spider that has disappeared somewhere and I know they can turn up at any minute.....*shudder*.

Jannelle, I practically live on my scale, I can step on it anywhere from 2 to 5 times a day. And I don't know about anyone else but I do my best to sneak up on it, like somehow if it doesn't see me coming I might weigh less, lol. I am hopeless. Anyway your not alone for there seems to be a few of us here

Well I should run, I want to change my avatar picture to my Daddy, may he rest in peace.
MyOwnSaboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 02:08 PM   #119  
Chicky

S/C/G: 250/155.2/130

Height: 5'6.25"

Hey everyone. Because my loss has slowed the last two months. I've adjusted my weight goal to the weight I need to be to go from obese to overweight.
SupersizedChicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:26 PM   #120  
so sweet

Hey Monica! Welcome back honey. How are you doing with everything? Taking it one day at a time, right. That's all any of us can do. But I'm glad you're back. I sometimes do the same with my scale, I kinda step on as slooooowly as possible, even hanging on to the wall or a counter next to me sometimes so as not to shock the scale into reading a higher weight than I actually am. {Oh come on ladies! You know you've done it too, confess right now!} Monica, big thumbs up that the weight is still coming off. Blessings and hugs from my heart to yours.

Lorra hon, I hope your hubby has got the spider situation under control. I got the chills when I read your post!