Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2001, 08:52 AM   #16  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Just popping in for a minute here ... been so busy clearing away trees and leveling ground so we can get our footings and floor in next week for our equip garage (hubby's playpen) ... It will be good to get home for a couple days again so I can "play" on the computer - LOL

Jo - PLEASE do tell us about your new wt loss plan! Would love to hear it. Am doing pretty good mysellf ... have missed the last 2 weeks of WW up here tho ... have not been journaling and I need to get back to that but ... did weigh myself yesterday and it looks like I am down about another lb (my scale is pretty right on with my WW scale in Royal Oak).

I think I already did welcome all the newbies but just in case - once again: WELCOME! I usually come here much more often, but we've been so busy getting ready to build on our property up north - just have not had the time!

Judy: Let us know how you are doing please! I think of you and Cal every day - I put you in my prayers along with my niece.

Well, gotta go ... I'll try to check back in later for "JO'S NEW DIET PLAN" .......

Love you all,
CJ
Old 09-08-2001, 03:27 PM   #17  

It's me again! I just got back from another 1.9 mile walk/little run! This is beginning to feel great. So far, I've done 6 miles toward my September goal of 35 miles.

Just keeping on keeping on....

Anne
Old 09-09-2001, 09:27 AM   #18  

Hi!

Sorry I haven't been here lately. I've been busy! My husband and I went to the Finger Lakes for a few days before Labor Day. We stayed at a bed and breakfast on Cayuga Lake, went to restaurants, visited wineries, and took a boat ride.

My son and new daughter-in-law came home for a visit for Labor Day weekend, and her parents came for dinner. We all had a great time. My son and his wife are leaving today for Pensalcola, where he will be for the next six months, training to become a flight surgeon.

Things have been hectic at work, so I just haven't had the time or energy to post a message until today.

Jo, tell us all about your weight loss plan!

Anneward, keep up the good work. All that walking will pay off.

Sylvia, joining a gym should help you lose weight.

CH, aquasize sounds like fun!

Sharon, how was your trip to West Virginia? Congratulations on the weight loss!

CJ, it sounds like you are keeping very busy with your new house. How exciting!

Judy, how are you? Take care!

Chrissy, glad to hear you did so well on your quiz!

Hope all of you have a good week!

Trish

I hope this post registers correctly! I had to edit it because it was all mixed up!

Last edited by Trish; 09-09-2001 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-09-2001, 10:31 AM   #19  
CJ

good morning everyone! Checking in real quick here. Annaward - good job with the walking! I should have my pedometer on - I bet I have walked tons! We've been removing trees and dragging the branches to the burn pile - lots of back and forth all day long! I bet I put on 10 miles! Felt like it anyway. Keep up the good work. You'll make your 35 miles yet!

Trish: Sounds like you had a wonderful time on your trip. I have never stayed in a B&B yet .. would like to some day.

Hope everyone is doing well - will check back in later on. Going to a birthday party today. What a change from clearing land! LOL

I started a new updates thread, if anyone is interested in joining me on it, let me know. Most of you know what I need: Start date/Start wt/present wt/goal wt ...... I'll be posting updates every Friday ....

Well, talk to ya all later ... still waiitng for Jo's "new plan"...

Love, CJ
Old 09-09-2001, 02:35 PM   #20  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default I am here too!

Yes Jo, I want to know about your new weight loss program too. Tell us, maybe it will help us out too.

We got back from our trip to West Virginia to see our friends. Man what a beautiful place to visit. The mountains were beautiful and we saw so many creatures from their deck of their condo. They had put up a big wooden feeder for the deer with cracked corn in it and we saw so many deer, big ones with full racks, does and even some really small babies eating out of their. Besides all the different kinds of birds as well as chipmonks helping their selves too. We took some video of it and it turned out great.

It was neat cause if you walked outside their condo and up some steps there was Snowshoe Ski Resort. It is whole town with restaurants and quaint little shops like Rocky Mountain Chocolates and Whistler candle Shop. So we rought some T-Shirts, some candles and I had to have a small piece of chocolate, one of my weaknesses. But just one piece which wasn't bad. We took the ski lift down the mountain to the lake below for lunch. My husband Ken was really scared to go on the ski lift at first, he said the thought he would have to jump off at the bottom really quick. But they stopped for us to get off and Ken said once we got on it wasn't bad at all and he enjoyed the view from the lift.

We did do alot of things like take a 5 hr train ride called the Cass Scenic Railway to the top of Bald Knob and that was really great to go up the twisty windy mountain to the top where we had lunch. Also we went to the Green Bank National Astronomy Radio Observatory where they have all these big satellite dishes to learn about the universe. They collect radio waves or beams, and use the imfo to take pictures and measure the energy and gases around the various planets, stars and galaxies and the rest of outer space. They had 10 satellites and the biggest one was so big and weighs 16 million pounds, stands 485 feet tall and is taller than the Statue Of Liberty is almost as tall as the Washington Monument. It was very impressive. We saw some slides of pictures that were really colorful of what the satellites got from outerspace. Than we took the bus tour to actually see the satellites. It was really interesting and I am glad I went there.

They sure did feed us well thought. Sandy's fiance is a dentist but he should have been a chef. He cooked all the meals and one night made home made spaghetti and meat balls complete with garlic bread, than one night ribs with homade potate salad and baked beans. Than there was always deserts afterwards like the banana pudding with the Nila wafers or Pecan-Oatmeal cake. They sure did have the wine though and even though I tried to watch my food intake, you know my weakness for wine. They even had Mimosa's (champaign and orange juice) with breakfast one day. Man as much as I loved it there I am glad to be getting back to my routine and to work on my food plan, drinking my water and exercise. Which I have been trying to get back to. I have been trying to walk and get back to where I was. We will see when I go to my WW meeting tomorrow.

I just started a new challenge called The Thin Group "Till Thanksgiving" Challenge. Some of us were talking about another one. I figured that I always do fairly well till about Thanksgiving and for some reason I fall apart after and during the holidays. So I am hoping that this will help us out. To keep us on the straight and narrow during the holidays. I figure if we can have a good weight loss than maybe we can think twice about putting it back on during the holidays. So join in guys, we have maybe 10 weeks to go and I am aiming for 10 lbs which is a pound a week. Join in Thinsters.

Jello-Come on girl FESS UP and let us in on your secret to you weight loss plan. I am waiting to hear all about it. If you don't I will have to do something bad to you. LOL Are you scared? You should be. LOL

anneward-Welcome to our great group and I am so glad you have joined us. You will love it here and will find so much encouragement to help you on your way. Also congratulations on getting back on track and losing those 17 lbs. I can tell you are determined from what you say about getting serious with your walking and I see you have indeed been walking, walking and more walking. Good for you and I have faith that you will be right back to where you were really soon with all you have been doing. You have done it once and you are really determined so YOU GO GIRL!

Gail-Hey girlfriend, where are you? I am getting ready to call out the National Guards here. LOL I know I probally owe you and email and will soon I promise. Hope things are going good for you. Post when you have a few and let us know how things are going. I miss you lots and lots and hope that you are all over your flu by now and back to normal again.

Sylvia-I too have ups and downs and can get depressed when things are not going my way. But I think you will find that when you work out that dissapears quickly and gets you mentally on track and that is the hardest thing to overcome. If you have it going for you up there than the rest will follow. Keep it up!

Judy-How are you holding up sweetie? I am thinking about you and we would love to hear from you for whatever. To vent or whatever. We love you!

Carolyn-Good for you in using that fitness center. You will find that exercising will really speed up your weight loss too. You are doing so great with you program. Yes you are right and I do have fun wherever I go and whoever I am with. One of these days we will meet and than oh what fun we will have. You have been in our group almost as long as I have and I have always enjoyed your posts and feel close to you as well. You are a really special person and have been there for me like when you took the time to call me when my brother Rick was murdered. I am so happy for you that you have made such wonderful progress.

sweet tooth-Good going on losing another 1.75 lbs. I know that makes you happy to move in the BMI catagory. It's things like that, that keep you going in your weight loss plan efforts. You are probally packing to go to Qatar now. I probally have asked you this before but WHERE THE HECK IS QATAR?????? I could always go and try to find it in my atlas and I am sure it is somewhere far away. But if you get a chance to post before you go I would love to hear where it is. Have a good time on your trip.

Chrissy-My gosh you sure have been busy sister in law. I am sooo proud of you for going back to school and starting a whole new career. You will soon be able to leave your nursing and do something you like. I can tell from what you say that you are learning so much and I know you love learning new things. Congratulations on your great score on you quiz. See you still got it. Remember to have lots of fun in Vegas and I know you will do that. Hope you win lots and lots of money. Love you and miss you Chrissy!

CJ-Hey there you sure have been the busy one with your cabin. You must be really getting your exercise in there with all that work you have been doing. You still are doing great in the weight loss dept. KEEP IT UP CAROL, YOU WILL BE THERE IN NO TIME WITH THE WAY YOU ARE GOING! I'll let you know my stats after tomorrow when I go to my WW meeting. Miss you too.

I am sorry I have been wanting to post before this but I am kinda sad cause we had to put our 13 yr old Manx cat, Kingsford alias Pigg to sleep a couple of days ago. He had been having a blocked up bladder and a year ago we had to have it unblocked surgically, he also had that unirary cat infection male cats sometimes have. He dribbed sometimes due to that, but we took care of him, short of a diaper. Well he wasn't eating for a while and has lost weight and his back legs were giving out sometimes. So when we took him they found that his bladder was huge and all blocked up and they also found another mass which could have been a tumor as well. The vet also suspected there may be kidney damage from everything going on with him. So with all that and the age and we just couldn't put him through that surgery again with having to have the cathader for a couple of days and Ken and with all that was going on with him, Ken and I both made the decision to put him down. We stayed with him, the vet gave him a shot of anestetic and we stayed with him for that part but for the IV we knew he was out and opted to leave for that. We stayed with him while he was conscious and I know he knew it. It was so rough and I feel soooo guilty about it like I killed him, and I keep crying most of the day, but I know he had a wonderful life full of love. We always treat our cats like family members and it is really hard losing a much loved member of our family. I think the other 3 cats are kinda missing him by the way they are acting. We now have one less cat on our bed and I really feel the loss at night. It is like part of our family is missing. He is sure missed by our whole family. Oh well life goes on I guess but it sure hurts sometimes.

Well guys, Take care and talk to you later. Love you all so much, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 09-09-2001 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-09-2001, 05:26 PM   #21  

Talking I'm Back From Vacation

Those 2 weeks really flew by this year. I have to admit at first I was a little hesitant about going to the Dominican Republic. But I think if you go to the capitol city you may have some problems. But we were at an all inclusive resort in Puerta Plata and it was one of the most beautiful places I have been. The food was great(In fact too great) as were the drinks. The grounds and the pools were superb. The beaches went for miles and one day we walked over 10 miles on the beach. Did shopping as usual and got a beautiful gold necklace with a 1/2 carat diamond on it set in platinum. Told hubby it was my anniversary gift.Then we went to Texas to visit my brother and some friends and did nothing but eat and drink there too.So it was a nice 2 weeks. But now we came home to cold and rain.

Chrissy......Miss you too girlfriend. I will call you this week when you tell me a good day and time.

Judy....Please post and let us know how things are going.

Trish....I love staying at B&B's. They are so homey. Hope work isn't as hectic for you as it was.

C.J....You sure are working hard at your retirement hiome. I think I wil just buy a new one with everything done. LOl you will have so much satisfaction out of all your hard work. Good job on the weight loss. I will not send you my stats as I plan to have the 3 pounds off that I gained on my vacation in a week.

Sharon......Your trip sounded really nice too. Funny you mentioned Mimosa's as they are what I always have when we are fortunate to fly First Class and they serve them. We were fortunate this trip and got First Class all the way there and back. Will you be looking for work now that sumer is over?

JO....How much longer do we need to wait to hear your weight loss secret? Or was that a ploy to get people to post here? LOL

Anne......Welcome to the group. You just stick around here and you will get those pounds off with all the encouragement you will get.

Gail....Where are you? Hope all is O.K. your way.

Carolyn....How is the fitness center going? For sure the exercise will help.

Sweettooth....may I ask if you went to Qatar for pleasure? Isn't that in Saudi Arabia or near there? That sure must be exciting.

Sorry if I missed people and I am sure I did. Need to go hop in a nice warm tub and relax and read since our cable just went out. Love to all Sandi

Old 09-10-2001, 09:47 AM   #22  

Default Sharon

I am so sorry that I forgot to mention how sorry I am at the loss of your cat. You sure did have many years with him. It is always so hard when we have to have one of our pets put to sleep. But to see them suffer is sometimes harder.Take care....Sandi
Old 09-10-2001, 10:13 AM   #23  
Mother Hen

Default HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS............

This is gonna be a long one this morning. I really feel the need to vent!

Two weeks ago, about 1:00 a.m., Cal woke me up calling for help. (I believe I have told you before, my daughter has the night shift and I take the day shift taking care of Cal.) After I got up and took care of him I went to her room to see why she hadn't gotten up when he called for her over the baby monitor. She was nowhere to be found, her bed was empty! When I looked outside I discovered my car was missing from the driveway!

I called her cell phone and when she answered I told her the next time she decided to go running off in the middle of the night to at least wake me up!

About 10 minutes later she called back and she was furious. She was screaming over the phone at me for not asking if she was alright and acusing her of not helping with Cal's care. (Which I really didn't do)

When she finally got home she was out of her mind. Remember this is a 39 year old mother of an 11 year old daughter. She was still very angry and screaming all kind of insults and pointing her finger at me like I was her worst enemy. She woke my grandaughter up and made her gather up all she could carry and took off with her about 2:30 a.m.

About 6:30 a.m. I got a call from one of her friends telling me that she had my grandaughter and she was safe. My daughter was in the ER being treated for a drugs! She had fried her brain on Meth.

She had signed a paper with the police as witness stating she was signing over custody of her daughter to my son and his wife and that I was not to have any visitation EVER! ( It'll be a cold day in **** when anyone can keep me out of my grandaughter's life!) I don't think she knew how fast the wheels of justice can work when my son and DIL get going! He had told his sister he would take custody, but when he did, he was not going to give her back!

My DIL called a lawyer here in town, he did all the paperwork right away. The next day they drove up from Houston, went to court, and were granted temporary custody. The court date for permanent custody is this Friday! They will drive back up here and it will all be over!

My poor grandaughter saw all of this and heard everything that happened. She was so frightened she doesn't even want to live with her mother again. (Can you blame her!) Her little heart is broken but she knows she is safe where she is and wants to stay there with my son and DIL. She is in school in Houston and seems to be adjusting to everything just fine.

I haven't seen or heard anything from my daughter in the past 2 weeks. She was released from the hospital and I know she is still here in town, staying with her druggie friends no doubt! I don't know if she is still angry or if she is just too ashamed to show her face. This was a very frightening experience, I don't know what she is capable of doing anymore, so I had the door locks changed so she can't just walk in whenever she feels like it.

I'm taking care of my Calvin all alone now, 24 hours a day, so I'm pretty busy. Hospice comes in during the week to help but the weekend we are all alone. So far we're doing just fine! Friends drop by and visit to give me a chance to run to the store when I need something. Everything is going to be okay.

I have to go to court Friday with my son for the custody hearing (I have been supoenoed!(SP?) Will have to find someone to stay here while I'm gone but it shouldn't take too long.

I really hate having to do this. My daughter and I have always been very close, best friends. The woman I saw that night was not my daughter, she was a stranger. My main concern is, and always will be, the welfare of my grandaughter. She will be much better off in a home with two parents who will love and care for her and raise her right.

It's just not fair for a 25 yr. old couple with a baby of their own, to take on someone else's child as their own. But thank the Lord they are willing and eager to do it. The lawyer told me that he was very impressed with both of them. He said I shouldn't blame myself for my daughter's problems because my children have been raised the same way and at least I have one to be really proud of. I know he's right but it still hurts like the devil.

This is just the latest saga in my soap opera life. You know, if I had seen this on a soap opera, I would never have believed it could happen in real life!

I don't have much time these days but I still drop in to read the posts when I get a chance. Please remember me and know I love you all.

Hugs, Judy
Old 09-10-2001, 10:49 AM   #24  
CJ

Judy: I am so sorry you have to have all this added stress during your last days with Cal. You can only do so much for a child, you do your best, and I'm sure you have done your best so you just have to accept and move on. It's hard, I know -- I have a daughter who has decided she does not want to be a part of the family any longer (long story) so I know some of your pain. Your granddaughter will be better off with your son and DIL ... You have been thru so much Judy, do you realize how strong you are? We are here for you, remember that. You and Cal are in our prayers daily ... and I am glad that you care enough about us to come and vent to us! FRIENDS FOREVER! That is what this group is! Stay strong Judy - things will get better. We love you!

Love, CJ
((((((HUGS)))))))
Old 09-10-2001, 04:37 PM   #25  
Long Lost Chickie

I have no time to post today but I just had to drop a line to Judy. I'm sitting here teary-eyed because I think you deserve so much better that what life's handing you now. I'm sending you all my good thoughts and prayers. Your son and daughter-in-law sound like absolutely amazing people ... just like you!!!

Whenever I start obsessing about things that are going wrong in my life, I stop and think about what a strong, brave, terrific person my friend Judy is. You are such an inspiration to me.

I'll be thinking of you Friday and hope everything works out for your granddaughter. I also hope maybe someday your daughter will be able to get her act together and change her ways. In the meantime, I'm praying for you and for Cal and sending you my love, as always.

Love, Jo.
Old 09-10-2001, 04:55 PM   #26  
Conquering with SBD

This past week has been a bad week all around...including a 3.75# weight gain, putting me back into that dreaded obese category.

Judy, I feel so badly for you during this time. I have been in tears most of the past week and your story makes me wonder what is going on in our society and with families. I can't believe that families do this to each other at the time you need their support the most.

I am having a similar problem, but with a mother who is throwing temper tantrums and carrying on like a 10 yr. old child. Her latest, in a long string of events, was a voice mail message (she won't phone when I am at home) advising me that when DH and I are in Qatar she is selling her house and I won't be able to contact her when we return.

My prayers are with you during this difficult time and hope that you have the strength and the stamina to weather this without jeopardizing your own health. Take care.

For those who are wondering where on earth Qatar is, it's a small pennisula located on the Persian Gulf between Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Some friends emailed last week from UAE and advised that the temp was 48C. That's too hot for me - I like it around 25C - but I will try to cope

While DH is working, I plan to bask in the sun in front of the pool for most of the time that I am there with the odd outing to the souks and perhaps the camel races. DH also has some work in London, England, so we will be stopping over there on the way back. I can do lots of sightseeing there while he is busy.

I am really worried about staying OP eating in restaurants. When there is a menu in front of me, I am not very disciplined. Does anyone have any suggestions for staying OP while vacationing in other countries?

Hope everyone has a great week. Keep up the great job losing weight. I will try to email from Qatar next week and see how everyone is doing.

Bye for now...
Old 09-10-2001, 08:07 PM   #27  

Judy,
It just doesn't seem fair that life can hand you so many problems at one time. You are a strong gal to be able to handle them as you do. My prayers and blessings are with you and Cal and Allura now. Also to your son and daughter in law that are taking on the responsibility of raising Allura. They sure are some special people. I will also pray that one day your daughter may straighten her act out and realize what she has and the people that care about her. Good luck to you on Friday. Love your friend Sandi
Old 09-11-2001, 04:24 PM   #28  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default WHAT IS HAPPENING ??????

Hi guys,
I just can't believe all that has happened today with the double plane crash at World Trade Center, followed by the one at the Pentegon, the one near Pittsburgh and than Camp David. My gosh I have been watching the TV all day as I am sure most of you have. To think of all the lives lost on the plane, the buildings and on the ground. AND WHAT FOR???? How the heck did 4 different planes get hi-jacked around the same time? Do they not have security at the airports????? This is like an all out war and my thoughs and prayers go out to everyone that parished in the crashes and in the WTC and to their family. I have been sitting here, watching the TV and I think about those people. What is the world coming to now? This day will go down in history forever.

Also to Judy. You sure have had so much happen to you first with Cal and now your daughter. Thanks so much for posting with what has been going on. You are so strong and brave, may God watch over you and you family at this time. I hope and pray that your daughter, Doris, gets the help she needs and there is peace in your family once more. How wonderful of your son and daughter in law to take over guardianship of Allura too. Your grandaughter's safety and happiness is all that should matter and I know that you will all protect her and I know you will see her and like you say, no one could keep you from seeing her. I know you are so close to her and just keep remember that Doris is not in her right mind and it is the drugs speaking. She loves you Judy, it is just beyond her control right now. Just take care of yourself Judy. We love you and please come here when you can and vent vent vent or whatever you want to do. We are here for you!

Love you guys, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 09-11-2001 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-11-2001, 04:32 PM   #29  
CJ

Default Today's trajedy:

Please say a prayer for the trajedy that has befallen our country today and for all the lives that have been lost in NY, DC, Pitts, Manhattan and the passengers on the 3 hijacked planes and also for the families that lost their loved ones today. This is so awful, I still cannot believe that it actually happened!

Love, CJ
Old 09-11-2001, 05:56 PM   #30  

I feel like we are all living in a a bad thriller or horror movie. It's hard to believe it's actually happening. What a terrible day!

Trish
Closed Thread