Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 11:56 PM   #31  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone

Thank Goodness It is Friday. Week #3 of crappy weeks at work.

Angie are you ok, saw that you guys had a terrible storm, flooding everywhere. Did your house flood or were you lucky and it missed you. All the hail looked like you would have to shovel your sidewalks. Hope you were not outside at the Stampede when it hit. We are in the middle of a storm right now, but nothing like what you got. Not yet anyways.

Hi Marti I can't wait to hear all about your trip. Hope that you had a wonderful time. I hope that you get to have a good sleep in your own bed and will feel great in the morning;.

Jane I hope that you have a wonderful weekend. Can't wait to hear all about that when you get back. It sounds like you and DH are enjoying the time together. Does he enjoy spending time with the DGD's also? My dad has a hard time with the kids if he is by himself, but he enjoys them if we are around to watch them.

Sue hugs to you. I hope that you sell your house soon. Does someone come to look at it everyday?

Hi Jules. Are you going to have a day to yourself any time soon just to relax and enjoy yourself?

Sassy, I can just imagine your driveway....a big extended cab monster truck for him ( a fold out ladder for you to climb up and in) and a little mini beside it for you. A convertable of course so that he can ride in comfort sometimes when it is nice enough to have the top down.

Hello to everyone else that I hope that I am not forgetting.

Well the little guy sprained his ankle the other day. We have had to carry him around for 2 days. He is getting quite heavy. I hope he is better by Sunday as we have a company picnic in Red Deer. (90 minutes away from us). It is ok having my boss back, as we get along really well, along with some of my other coworkers, but it is just so busy that we can't keep up.
Well I guess that I better run, I am going to go and watch Supernanny. Will check in tomorrow.

Kathy
Old 07-08-2006, 12:18 AM   #32  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Ya Ladies!

Still looking into cars. Probably will go and look on our days off (M-W). I just love the minis. I think they are so cute! lol. I know stupid reason for liking a car, eh? lmao!

Hub told me today he is concerned about me. Wants me to go to get a Sleep Study done. He thinks I have sleep apenea. He has it too. (he already had the study done and has the machine) He said here lately I've been snoring badly and lastnight I guess I stopped breathing once.
So I guess I need to call Monday and schedule an appt. for a sleep study.

I'm hoping they can schedule it on an early Monday Morning so I can go right after work, that way I'll be tired. (I work nights). I have a hard time sleeping in strange beds.........

Editing to add this: I bought a Walking Away the Pounds DVD. Well its not that exact brand or whatever, but still the same concept, so I'm going to give it a try!

Well I hope you all have a Great Night and Weekend!
Old 07-08-2006, 11:01 AM   #33  
GmaTo8

Our weekend away had to be cancelled because my plantar's fasciitis has flared up again. Please forgive me for not doing individuals, but I'm in a bad mood and in a lot of pain, and grrrrrr!!!

Have a good day and when the pain lets up, I'll be back - hopefully later on today.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:35 AM   #34  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

ouch Jane...is there something you can take for that?

Kathy, heading to Red Deer right now,,,visit with my friend Carole,,,sweet lady that I did theatre with. Then to Benalto for the rodeo. Meeting up with the family there and then bringing Tan home.
The Stampede is in full swing now,,,crazy madness!

Shel,,,let me know how the DVD is...was thinking of getting one also...

well Im off...have a great day everyone
Old 07-08-2006, 11:38 AM   #35  
Not Giving Up

Jane my friend

Hugs to you. and more Hugs to you. Do you have some orthodics for your feet? I hope that you feel better. I suffered from that a few years ago, and so I understand what you are going through.

Hope that everyone has a great Saturday.

Hey Marti its morning....time to wake up.....how was your trip?

Chat with you all later.

Kathy
Old 07-08-2006, 11:41 AM   #36  
Not Giving Up

Angie have a great day. Is the Stampede still on next weekend? I was thinking of taking the kids up but I don't know when it ends.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:34 PM   #37  
ugggg.....

Jane--sorry about your weekend cancellation and your sore feet--DH's gout acted up last weekend and made him miserable!! Hope your feeling better soon!!

Kathy--I have had bad weeks at work for months now--it just doesn't seem to be easing up--hopefully my co-worked/friend who is out on medical will be back soon--she may be able to help some from home--working on getting the permission.

Angelia--sounds like you have a busy weekend planned! Enjoy!!

Sassy--I think several on the board do the Walking video and there are some at my work that do it too. Everyone who does it seems to enjoy it and alot have said that it works when you do it three times a week.

Marti--hope you had fun in SF!! You'll have to give more details..

Sue--hope your house sells soon!!

Robin, Michelle, Connie and anyone I may have missed--hope all is well..

Going for a motorcycle ride and then to a tractor pull with friends. DS's gf and her friend are doing the painting so they didn't need me. DD is giving them half a gallon of blue paint left over from her bathroom and a half a gallon of apricot lily for the kitchen--DS brought home some leftover white paint from the painters on the jobsite. He wants the walls in the LR and his bedroom kept white. They painted gf's friends bedroom (DD's old one) maroon. All the floors except the kitchen will be repainted black. DS said that he wishes the previous occupants would have never painted them since he likes wood floors and once they are painted they aren't ever the same and the paint shows dirt more. Will help move GF in tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-08-2006, 08:52 PM   #38  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

I'm back, and having less pain, so I'm not nearly as grouchy, lol.

Marti - so glad you're back. We want details, friend. And photos, too. I bet you had such a good time. You were missed, lady!

Angie - is the Red Deer a pub? Hope you and Carole had fun today and that you got Tan brought back safe and sound. Yeah, I took some aspirin and then some ibuprofen for the pain, and it has lessened quite a bit. I'm still hobbling around like some old lady, though.

Kathy - long time, no see, and I missed you. How's the little one's ankle? Poor fella! Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I have some inserts, but haven't been wearing them because I've been wearing sandals. Bad call on my part! Week #3 done and over with, right?

Sassy - so are you scheduled for the sleep study yet? Neal, thank goodness, doesn't have it, but I sure thought he did. He'd stop breathing then all of a sudden, have this loud snort and gasping sound. But between the time we made the appointment and when the study was actually done, he lost 15 pounds, and the doc said that could've been what helped. Good luck to you with your study.

Julie - lots of painting and moving going on for your family, and it all sounds so pretty. Could the floors be stripped? I think black ones could be really cool looking, though. Have fun on the motorcycle ride and tractor pull. Is it Fair time for you? Ours is the last week of this month.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

Well, as I said, my foot is feeling better. All I've done today is lay around or sit to keep it elevated. I read a lot in my book and tried to avoid everybody. Neal took care of supper since I couldn't cook. Hey..... I could milk this for awhile, couldn't I? Nah, I wouldn't do that.

Hope you're having a great weekend with lots of fun, and lots to do. Take care, ladies.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:06 PM   #39  
~Believe~

Hey Ladies!

Haven't yet tried the DVD yet. Will certainly let you know as soon as I do! I plan on trying twice a week at first, then gradually building up!

Question.......Does anybody here eat/make sushi? I am not into the Raw Fish ones, but I want to try making some veggie ones at home. If anybody has any good recipes or links, please feel free to PM me! !!!!

Will schedule the sleep study on Monday or Tues. Yes if I lose weight there is a good chance it will go away. Hubs too.

Jane I hope you feel better!

I hope everybody is having a great night and has an Awesome Sunday!
Old 07-08-2006, 10:31 PM   #40  
GmaTo8

Sassy - I've never eaten sushi. Can't get past the (gag!) rawness of it! But I googled vegetable sushi for ya, and found this from Self magazine:

Vegetable Sushi
Wow your friends at your next party with this easy vegetable Sushi recipe.

Ingredients

1 1/4 cups sushi rice or short-grain rice
ground pepper to taste
1 2/3 cups water
sea salt to taste
1 tablespoon rice vinegar (or mild white wine vinegar)
1 package nori* (pressed seaweed sheet cut in thin slices)
1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
2 large carrots, peeled
1 bunch green onions
1 tablespoon wasabi paste*
dash paprika

Directions

Toast rice in a saucepan over medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring constantly so it doesn't change color. Season with pepper. Add water, cover pot and cook rice for 12-15 minutes without lifting the lid. Turn off the stove and let the rice stand on burner for 5 minutes, covered. Remove from stove. Let stand, covered, until cool. Season with salt to taste. Stir in rice vinegar.

Spread out the nori sheets on a large cutting board with a kitchen towel or bamboo mats underneath. Leave a 1-inch border on each end. Arrange rice on top of sheets and pat it smooth. Arrange cucumber, carrots and green onions in a strip down the center of the rice. Spread with wasabi; sprinkle with paprika and sea salt.

Using a kitchen towel or bamboo mat, roll up the nori sheet around the filling and press it firmly into a roll. Slice the rolls crosswise with a very sharp knife, dipping knife in cold water between cuts.

*Available in gourmet supermarkets, shops and Asian groceries

Is this sort of what you had in mind?
Old 07-09-2006, 12:34 AM   #41  
~Believe~

Ya thanks Jane. I didn't like the Raw fish, but I sorta liked the rest of it and figured I could make it healthy too.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:26 AM   #42  
ugggg.....

Sassy--my DS LOVES sushi--I couldn't get past the raw fish myself. The veggie recipie from Jane actually sounds pretty good. Hope the study can help you!!

Jane--DH and I got in a fight so he went without me--friend's girlfriend called to try and get me to come up--I told her no and what happenned and when DH came home we got into another fight because I told her what happenned and it embarrassed him. I slept in the spare room last night--I have to leave at 8:30 this morning to meet my brother at DS's apartment to go move his gf. DH is planning on working in his garage all day. * There are fairs and carnivals in the area all summer. * The black floors do look good at first, but they also show the dirt. Stripping isn't an option as they don't want to take the time/$ to do it when paint is cheaper--they got the okay to paint but they won't be reimbursed in any way for it. The only paint they will have to buy is the black for the floors and the maroon color of the spare bedroom. GF's friend bought the maroon paint and the black for her floor. DD gave them the 1/2 gallon of leftover light blue paint for the bathroom and a 1/2 gallon of the Apricot Lily for the kitchen. Both are really small so it should be enough. DS is trying to talk the landlord into buying flooring for the kitchen and he will put it down. DS may just buy it himself if the landlord won't. Since they didn't get the other place DS will have to sign another years lease so it won't be so bad if they fix up a little and it will make gf happy. The apartment isn't bad it's just really old and things a guy doesn't mind would bug a girl living there.
Side note--I think the Red Deer in Ang's post is a city in Canada.

Hope everyone has a good day!!
Old 07-09-2006, 07:41 AM   #43  
GmaTo8

Julie - awww, men can be such meatheads sometimes! Hopefully, it will all blow over soon, and you'll be cuddling again. If you need to vent, we're here, ok? Sounds like you've got a busy day planned. Don't work too hard, ok? If I was your DSs landlord, I'd buy the vinyl if he was good enough to put it down. Sounds like a win/win situation to me. Oic about Red Deer, lol. I've gotta go get something to eat - I'm starvin' like Marvin this morning! Stayed OP yesterday again, so I guess that's why. Have a good day, Miss Julie!
Old 07-09-2006, 07:58 AM   #44  
ugggg.....

Jane I know we will make up eventually--he definitely can be a meathead sometimes. Has control issues. Early in our marriage he was physically abusive to me and if that ever happenned again I would be out of here. He blows up and says very ugly things and is the type that doesn't usually say I am sorry--he will just pretend nothing happenned.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:54 PM   #45  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies!!

Sorry for not popping in yesterday. We took the day to unwind and destress!! (traffic in SF is unbelievable!!)
We also came home to a leak in our master bathroom so we had to wait for a plumber to come and fix it. Nothing like enjoying a vacation away and then to come back to problems!

I have not uploaded my photos to the computer yet, but when I do I will post some. I told James that we sure didn't get a lot of "us" in the photos!! I want some of us in the photos next time. We took over 200 photos (love this camera we have!!) and maybe about 5 have us in them.

I'm going to go spend the last day of my vacation w/my hubby and then I'll be back to post about my adventures, photos included!

I'll try and do that tonight.

Have a great Sunday!!
Closed Thread