Old 08-22-2006, 05:30 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

I don't think I must have explained myself very well with the ice cream "incident"...sorry for the confusion. I don't eat sweets and hardly ever ice cream as I've never been much of a fan of milk products period, even as a small child.

So the entire situation with the sudden, out of the blue ice cream craving was odd (to me), but was not because I normally eat sweets all the time and then just stopped. As far as fruit goes, I have at least blueberries or raspberries every day, but can't have fruits such as peaches, etc. as they create hunger cravings for me.

Hy
hyacinth merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:57 PM   #122  

Today got to watch my grandaughter while my daughter had a meeting for work. It is so great. Love this place in life. She is so precious. Know I am making progress I made a pasta dish for dinner with homegrown tomatoes and it was so tasty wanted more but controlled myself. Had a ww fudgecicle spelling but it was so good and now I am stuffed. This is a new feeling for me there was no getting stuffed before. Progress.
luflic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:33 PM   #123  

Hi Ladies...Well the first day of school went well for the FD's. With volleyball practice after school, we don't eat dinner till 6:30 or 7, which is late for us. Hubby finally got the microwave installed with my help tonight. can't wait to try out the popcorn button tonight. This morning I cut out one twin size quilt and have one more to cut out before I go to retreat in a couple of weeks. I want to get the stripes sewed together so I can do the final cut before retreat. Then I can just sew, which is fun and relaxing for me. I have a meeting bright and early tomorrow morning and also WW. With all the grazing I've been doing the last couple of days, I know I will be up. I did pretty good today by staying within my points and writting down what I have eaten. Looks like everyone is doing well.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:32 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Weigh in day and I'm doing the happy dance. Finally the FFM has blessed me and taken away 1.25 pounds. Now I will really get busy with my exercises. Seems once I get on a downward trend that's all I need to kick me in gear. I get anxious to see that downward trend continue. I can feel it in my clothes. Am almost anxious to go shop for some fall things now, and believe me that is saying a lot because I really hate shopping especially for clothes. You have to try everything on; even after you find something that fits nice the next thing in the same size might not fit at all.
Life is Good !!!!! Will have to get my tracke updated now
Have to run will post later. DONNA

Last edited by Donna72664; 08-23-2006 at 10:40 AM. Reason: WEIGHT TRACKER
Donna72664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:57 PM   #125  

Yeah Cheryl enjoy that 94 percent free popcorn! It is so yummy. What kind of retreat you going on.

Donna Whoo HOOOOOO!
That deserves the happy dance.

I did not go to WW today I usually go on Friday but I am going back to Ohio in the morning taking my mom to meet little Violet for a few days and to celebrate my mothers birthday. So won't be here for WW didn't want to go today because I didn't know what the scale would say being it is two days early. Not suppose to be about numbers anyway right but about obedience. so trying to prove that to myself I am going to wait until next Friday to weigh/ Not sure if I will have computer access for next few days so know I am thinking of you but loving on the new grandbaby!!!!
Old 08-26-2006, 06:58 PM   #126  

Hi Ladies...Boy time sure fly's by when your having fun and just plain busy. It seems I'm more busier since school has started than I was before. The last couple of days I have cut out two twin size quilts to start working on. I also cut out the baby quilt yesterday and I got it made in two hours this afternoon. I need to go out and buy the backing and batting and get it off to the quilters. It really turned out cute. I just might get it mailed off to my daughter-in-law before the baby arrives.

Donna...Congrats on the fairy fat mother visiting you. Shopping for fall clothes sounds like fun and a small size I know will put a smile on your face.

Luflic...Hope you have a safe trip this weekend. I know you will smother that new granddaughter with lots of hugs and kisses. I'm going to a quilt retreat in three weeks and I can hardly wait.

Cheryl
Old 08-27-2006, 09:29 PM   #127  

Evening Ladies...Thought I would pop in before I go to bed. Had a great time at the lake today. The weather was great, about 80 with no wind. I took the kid's quilt for everyone to see it. They thought it was beautiful and hope they win it.
Thought I would post a few pictures from vacation, the quilts I made my son and daughter and a picture of me. The first picture is of Crater Lake, the second is of Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach, Oregon. Hope you all have a great evening and I'll talk to you tomorrow. Cheryl
Attached Images
File Type: jpe crater lake.JPE (15.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpe haystack rock.JPE (15.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpe mike's quilt.JPE (17.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpe pirkko's quilt.JPE (15.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpe me and crater lake.JPE (15.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 08-28-2006, 03:57 AM   #128  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Cheryl~ the pictures are beautiful. The quilts are amazingly gorgeous- I wish I have your talent and patience. I'm completely hopeless with hand crafts.

Have a nice day everyone.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 03:38 PM   #129  

Cheryl that is totally Gods country they are BEAUTIFUL pictures. Wow your quilts are amazing. I have zilch sewing ability. They are great. So glad you shared.

Home from Ohio and today I am back on track. I think I need to keep my bucket home for awhile. I am sabotoging myself.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:39 PM   #130  

Hi Ladies...It's been one very long day for me. Hubby hurt his back on Saturday and it has gradually gotten worse over the weekend. This morning he got up and said let go to the doctor. It was suppose to be a 30 minute wait and ended up being 1 1/2 hours before he saw the doctor. Got done at 1 pm and had to make a mad dash home and drop him off and get to school to pick up the FD and make a dash back to town for her appointment. Anyway, hubby is sleeping due to some heavy painkillers and he is off work for the next week and has therapy twice this week to get his back in shape.

Thanks for the compliments on the quilts and pictures. Yes, Oregon is God's country and I can't wait to move back. It will be about 6 years if we wait till hubby turns 62, but hubby wants to go in the next couple of years, which is fine with me. Miss my family and grandkids so much!!!!

Girlieyorkie...Nice to have you pop in for a visit. Miss hearing from you. Hope you had a nice summer in Denmark.

Luflic...Glad you made it home safe from Ohio. How was that new granddaughter doing?

Well, I need to get a few things done before I go to bed. See you ladies tomorrow.

Cheryl
Old 08-29-2006, 02:31 PM   #131  

Hi ladies, it is an absolutely beautiful day here in central Nebraska. It was 50 this morning when I went for breakfast with friends. It is now almost 1:30 and still only 68 and the sun is shining. MORE, MORE.

CHERYL: Thanks for putting your pictures on. What a beautiful place Oregon is. No wonder you want to move back, it looks so relaxing there. And the gals are right, your quilts are gorgeous. I envy gals that have that kind of talent. I'm with Luflic when it comes to sewing. I always say my sewing machine starts screaming and trying to hide if I even look at it.
Sorry to hear your hubby hurt his back. Hope he will feel better soon. If he's getting physical therapy, I know he will. ( I work for a PT)

LUFLIC: Bet it was hard to leave that new grandbaby and come home. I want to go see my little grandson so badly. He started kindergarten this year. Told his mom he didn't like all the rules there because he liked to visit with his friends.

GIRLIEYORKIE: Stop by more often, it's always nice to have more to talk to.

EEEEKKKKK We are in the last week of August and I'm nowhere near where I had hoped to be by the end of the month. Someone needs to give me a good swift kick in the seat of the pants and get me going again. Seems like it doesn't matter what I say I'll do, I don't get it done. My granddaughter informed me last week that there are only 38 weeks until graduation. Right now that sounds like plenty of time to get where I want to be, but as fast as time goes by anymore it might as well be 8 weeks.
Lord I have to get there before that!!!!! ALL HELP APPRECIATED
Enough whinning, time to go to work. Have a great day everyone.

PS; I can't seem to get my tracker changed, any ideas ?
Old 08-29-2006, 02:41 PM   #132  

It is humid here in Michigan and kicking up my asthma big time. Trying to lay low today.

So you have grandchildren out of state also? It is hard....

Tracker when you hit edit signature scroll down to where the numbers are and simply replace the numbers there with correct numbers then hit save signature and should change it for you. Is this as clear as mud

Hope hubbys back is better today.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:05 PM   #133  

Afternoon Ladies...Thought I would pop in before we leave for the FD's first vollyball game. Have about a two hour drive to get there. The FD is on C squad, so she only has four games she will be playing in. I'm pretty happy about that, less traveling for me with the price of gas.

Donna...Yes hubby is starting theapy tomorrow. Hopefully this will do the trick. Here's a swift for you and me both!!! Yikes!!!! 38 weeks till graduation, I need to get my butt in gear as well. My gradndaughter graduates also and I really want lots of fat gone by then.

Luflic...Yes all of my grandchildren are out in Oregon and it if very hard. The new baby will be 9 months old before we get to see him if they come out for a visit to North Dakota, but they have been saying that for the last 6 years!! We try to go out every two years.

It's a beautiful day here, 80 and a slight breeze. Have a good one and I'll talk to you later.

Cheryl
Old 08-30-2006, 04:37 AM   #134  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Hi everyone~
Cheryl~ I've been off the wagon for some time because I wasn't losing weight and got very frustrated so I reverted to my old habits (not exercising, eating everything in sight-you get the picture ), then I started to gain back the weight that I've lost- a total of 5lbs. (147) - my wake up call. I don't want to gain all the weight back and then some, so I've been back on the wagon for almost 3 weeks now and I've only lost 3 lbs.- still 2 lbs. to go before I'm back on track. I really need to learn to be patient- that's my downfall.
We have had a very warm summer in Denmark, it was so warm that there were days where there wasn't enough oxygen in the ocean that some cholera type bacteria (very unusual because cholera prevails only in the tropics) developed and was dangerous to go bathe if you have an open sore- I did not want to take the chance, so I avoided the water. During our morning walks the beach was full of dead shrimps, small fishes and crabs, when we went for our afternoon walk all the shrimps and crabs have turned orange (boiled by the sun) and when there were no people at the beach, there were literally hundreds of seagulls feeding on these gourmet. On our evening/night walks (there is sun light till 10PM in Denamrk during summer) the beach was completely clean, thanks to the seagulls- I don't feel good looking at dead sea creatures on the beach.
The weather now is better at about 60- I like it that way, good for those seemingly unending hot flashes.
Hope your DH feels better.
Donna~ I'm nowhere near where I had hoped to be by the end of the month either, I have hoped that I would have lost the 5 lbs. that I've gained, but I think that there must be some extra calories sneaking in- so I need to work harder on my portions, I'm eating clean food- just way too much I guess.
Have a great day everyone.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:23 AM   #135  

GOOD MORNING

Girlieyorkie: I didn't mean to steal your signature, but I needed something new and that is cute. I hope it will brighten my spirit and get me going.

Luflic: Thanks on telling me how to change my tracker. I just decided to change the whole darn thing. Sometimes change is good.

Cheryl: Thanks for the kick,here's one right back to you NOW let's get busy and get ready for graduation. We want these girls to be as proud of us as we are of them. We have a common goal now so let's really push each other to get to our goal for May. Thanks a million.

Today was my weigh-in and I maintained,which is what I expected.Hope this long weekend doesn't screw everything up. I just have to really keep reminding myself before I open my mouth and insert food, that I do have a goal and I need to meet it. Hopefully if I get to visit my grandson he will keep me running and I might even get in a little exercise. Hope to post at least one more time this week. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU .
Have a great day and remember,Food never tastes as good as thin looks !!!