Old 07-02-2006, 09:35 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Crafters Incorporated -- July/August '06

Hello there all you Crafty Ladies . . .

Here's a fresh new 'Summer Place' for us to hang out.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:46 AM   #2  

Morning Gals,
Well that lovely fairy fat mother paid me another visit. I'm down another pound. I decided to change my ticker to what my highest weight was before I started here. I have worked very hard for every pound of fat I have lost. Off to church, so will check back later. Have a great day.
Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:53 PM   #3  

Linda and Meslissa, come out, come out where ever you are. Just kidding! Saw you on the other thread, I know you will find your way here.

Melissa...Giving you a swift kick and a knock on the head to get out there and start walking and use that weight room!!
Get your self a walkman or mp3 player and pick some music to workout to. It really helps me. I walk to Santana and the soundtrack from "Sex in the City". I use a product called Mox and a toothbrush to get the blood out of the quilt. I usually don't clean a quilt that I am giving away. Once it is washed, it take on a different look depending on the batting I use.

Well I'm going to slap a bandaid on my finger and lock myself up in my room and lay out the final side of the quilt. I might set up my other machine and do some machine embroidery on some dish towels. I have a bridal shower on Friday and I think they will make a nice gift.

Cheryl
Old 07-02-2006, 02:00 PM   #4  
Onward and Downward

Yeah, CHERYL, yeah . . . way to go, girl.

Well, you're never going to believe how stupid I was earlier this morning . . . well, at least I hope you won't just say "Yep, sounds just like her." Started the new thread and then went back and posted in the old one. Then Mel tried to make me feel better, I guess, because she followed my lead and posted over there too.

Don't know if this is going to work, but I'm going to try to move both of them over here. Well, I don't really know how to do that . . . but

Here is the content of mine . . .

Oh CHERYL Have been there and done that while free-form quilting with the feed doggs dropped and no foot at all on the shank. Hurts doesn't it.

Our weather is still fairly dry although it is clouding over and thunderstorms are imminent, again. Don't really mind, as long as we don't get left with high humidity again.

See you later, gators . . . Keep moving and shaking . . . :carrot

And here is MEL's --- or, at least the content of it ---

Yeah!!!! on those 2lbs Brandy!!

Cheryl, so sorry about the blood on the quilt. I'd be very upset too!! I'm not a quilter, you'd know better than i how to handle that, but could you just "spot" clean it with cold water (cold water is best with blood), then when it's finished, maybe have it dry cleaned? like i said, you'd know best
I guess I'm fortunate in that i dont have to worry about pricking myself with my hook

sorry i've been MIA on this thread, but i've been all over this place. but you know? i guess i've determined that i like this thread the best, and will probably just start posting exclusively here. nothing specific (well, maybe one thing not worth going into detail about), but there are a couple of posters who just give off "bad vibes" to me. 'course i do tend to be quite "direct", and i know some cant handle that, one of the few things my father ever told me as a child that stuck with me was, "never leave 'em guessing". but then again, could just be my hormones (i like to blame a lot on hormone! lol) So if i ever say anything here that rubs you guys the wrong way, it doesnt hurt my feelings to call me out on it, and i dont mean anything by it, i'm not the sort to say something just for the sake of hurting someones feelings, its just my nature. as my best buddy in the world always tells me, "yeah, i know how ya are, but i love you anyway!" LOL. I've also met and hooked up with a wonderful gal here and we've become "diet buddies", she is a newbie like me.

i finally ponied up the $8 for the sweater shawl pattern, i know i know. i tried a couple of thngs off my head that came really close to that one that i showed you, but it just wasn't the same, i guess i'm too particular. so i ordered the pattern, and i hope its in the mail on monday. cleaned up my craft area two weeks ago, and you cant even tell i touched it! lol

i haven't done too good this weekend in the food department. what is it about weekends??? i have THE hardest time staying on program on weekends. last monday when i got in the car to go to work, i said "ok! today is the day! today I will start walking on my lunch break!" did I? NO! argh!!! so! tomorrow I WILL START walking. since dr. says that's all i can do, i just gotta do it! but its so hard to get started. have this huge FREE fully equiped weight room in the building at work, and i dont even take advantage of the treadmills. yes, that's plural, i think there are 4 of them down there. this is a full size weight room, with every piece of work out equipment you can think of, and free weights too. and its FREE! i dont even have to pay membership. not only that, i can go anytime i want. i have a badge that lets me into the building anytime i get ready, and i dont even take advantage of it. is that pitiful or what?? it makes me feel bad when i think that a lot of these posters here have to pay exorbitant gym membership fees, that they have to be practically dead to get out of a contract with, and here i am with this free gym at my disposal anytime i want to use it, and i dont. ok, i'm done beating myself up about it. just gotta do it! like Nike, JUST DO IT!

Sorry, gang . . . just another one of those days when old age is creeping up on me a lot faster than I can get out of its way . . .

Last edited by meowee; 07-02-2006 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:09 PM   #5  
Onward and Downward

Hi again, CHERYL . . .

Obviously you were over there, finding out how stupid I was while I was trying to find a way to get the silly things moved. I'm beginning to think all the www I've been holding on to isn't just in my ankles. Seems like a lot of it landed between my ears.

Glad to hear that you got the blood out of the quilt and I know what you mean about them looking totally different after they've been washed. They actually look 'softer' but definitely not new and when you are giving the quilt away, 'new' is the look I prefer, too.

Hope you find us too, MEL. Sorry I'm so confusing today. I will try to do better.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:20 PM   #6  
Onward and Downward

Okay now . . . MEL . . . it's a good thing crochet hooks are fairly blunt or I'd be sure to manage to cut myself on mine today. You are absolutley right, girl . . . you should definitely be taking advantage of that exercise facility, especially since you can get there in 'off-work' hours, too. Wish i had one so handy and so free. BUT, I also understand how difficult it is to get doing anything sometimes. I am afraid I'm just not very good with the exercise stuff, either.

Hopefully, we can all settle down in our new 'summer place' now. Hope that Linda smartens up.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:28 PM   #7  

Linda...Your too funny!!...Your more computer smart than me. I'm lucky if things go well just to post here. Got the last side layed out with the kids and have started sewing them down. Didn't do any machine embroidery, too tired! I've been up since 4:30 and my eyes are really tired.
How your cut? See you ladies tomorrow.
Cheryl
Old 07-03-2006, 11:45 AM   #8  
Onward and Downward

Hi girls . . .

Some bad news and some good news to share today . . . first the bad --- long term forecast says we are in for another round of high humidity so, in a fit of convoluted logic, I decided to break my cardinal rule and I got on the scale this morning --- and that got me to the good news that my www has departed and as of this morning, my ticker is correct.

So, whatever my real Wednesday weigh-in says, so be it. Knowing the way my body reacts to the heat and humidity, I may not know just what is going on for sure until the Fall. I'll just keep doing as much of the good stuff as I possibly can, secure in the belief that it will eventually pay off, and try to stay calm about the scale-'s little flights of fancy.

Have a great day, chickies. Keep on moving and shaking and doing the right sort of things and downward movement will be the result. See you soon.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:56 PM   #9  
Onward and Downward

Happy Fourth of July . . . where are you all hiding today?

This morning wasn't as bad as predicted, but it is now getting very cloudy and heavy. Can hardly wait to see how much I weigh tomorrow morning.

Anyway, hope you are all having a great moving and shaking time. See you soon.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:33 AM   #10  
Onward and Downward

Morning, ladies . . . it's stormy and humid again and my weight is up again . . . but not as high as last week so maybe that means I actually lost something (if it wasn't being obscured by the WWW). Whatever, I'm just not going to get upset about it. My ticker is staying exactly where it is until I can move it downward again (soon, I hope).

Hope everybody else has a good day. Keep on moving and shaking, gang, and I'll see you soon.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:42 AM   #11  

Morning...Busy with 4th of July activities Monday night and yesterday, so wasn't able to get back here to post. Missed you all! Well we had company for a BBQ yesterday and I did good!! Helps that the FD's are acting better. Guess saying that they were not going on vacation with us did the trick. Got my two quilts back yesterday from the quilters. She did a beautiful job on them. Lastnight I trimmed the excess batting/fabric off so I can get the binding on. I only have 2 weeks to get them and the quilt I'm working on done. I sewed on the kids quilt yesterday. Got all the body parts sewed on and started sewing down the clothes. I should have it done by Friday, if not sooner.

Linda...Congrats on the WWW finally departing. When it is hot and humid here, my feet swell up so bad I can hardly get my shoes on, and there is no way I can stand to wear anything that crosses across the top of my foot. Hurts do darn much. I have a very bad habit, but I've been doing it for over 30 years, I'm usually barefoot, unless I have to go somewhere.

Have a good day
Cheryl
Old 07-05-2006, 09:06 PM   #12  

Hi Gang...Just a quick check in to let you know the scales were down 1.8 lbs at WW. So happy to see 329 on the scales.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:47 AM   #13  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hi ladies-I had a great weekend. My brother and his family came up for a visit, and we had a nice picnic and a trip to Cedar Point. Lots of fun both days. My 5K was Tuesday. I did a lot better than I thought I would. I expected a time around 33 min. and did it in 28:57!!!! Happy me!

Cheryl-Congrats on your loss!!! My scale is broken, so I guess I'm taking the week off from weighing.

meowee-hope the humidity moves out of your area soon. Keep smiling.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:16 PM   #14  
Onward and Downward

Hi girls . . . another one of those days when you have to chew the air instead of being able to breathe it . . . ugh This is definitely not our usual summer weather.

Cheryl . . . Yay for your loss. Glad one of us has the scale-demon under control.

Brandy . . . Yay for your great mini-marathon time and the fun weekend.

Nothing exciting for me. Getting a little crocheting done but mostly busy, busy, busy doing I have no idea what.

Have a great one gang. Keep doing the good stuff and I'll see you soon.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:32 PM   #15  

Hello,

Brandy...Congrats on running the 5K. Awesome time!!!! Happy to hear you had a great weekend as well.

Linda...Sorry to hear you have that horrible humidity to deal with. We are in the same boat. The air conditioner is on and it doesn't even seem to help. Hot and sticky...Ugh!!!

Well, I finished the quilt today. Just have the french knots to do and I'm trimming up all the loose threads. Also need to do some spot cleaning on it. What to have it completely done by Aug 8th, so I can get it to the quilter. Doing good eating wise today. I have had an upset tummy, so I ate a very lite dinner. See you crafty gals tomorrow.

Cheryl