Old 07-07-2006, 07:34 AM   #16  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Morning ladies,

I'm teaching a group of 4Hers a glass fusing class today. We're going to make pendants and earrings. Its a small group and I know all the girls well so I think it will be a fun afternoon. I may even be able to get something of my own made!!

Cheryl-Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

meowee-Hang in there. That humidity has to break soon.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:06 PM   #17  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ladies . . . we are having a really lovely day today . . . and I'm taking advantage of it to put some finishing touches on an crocheted afghan.

CHERYL . . . Good going with the kid-sewing. Have fun with those french-knots. Yuck, don't really know why I dislike them so much . . . probably because I'm not good at them. Seems like every one I do takes at least 3 tries to get it right.

BRANDY . . . That class sounds like loads of fun. Hope you get a project done, too.

Well, better get back to my crocheted edging . . . and then I've got about a thousand (well, it seems like that many anyway) ends to work in.

Have a great evening of moving and shaking, gang. See you soon.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 09:52 AM   #18  

Morning....Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I had meetings all day and I didn't get home till 10PM. All I wanted to do was take a shower and go to bed. It was so hot and miserable yesterday. We hit 95 and the sweat was just pouring off of me. With the heat and the farmers mowing their hay, I had a blooming headache. Today I'm going to cut the binding out for the quilts and sew the sides on, so I can sit and watch a movie while I do the hand stitching on them.

Brandy...How did your class go with the 4-H group? I wish I lived closer, I would love to learn. Even here, I would have to drive 90 miles to take a class and buy supplies.

Linda...Bet you are so happy to have cooler weather. Did you get a lot done on the afagan? It has been a hot, dry summer so far for us and we are hurting. If we don't get a good rainfall before the weekend ends, the farmers will have a very poor wheat crop, and it doesn't look like it will rain. It's so dry, that the leaves on my trees are falling off!!!

Well this is not getting the quilts done, as much as I would like to stay and chat with you lovely ladies. Have a good weekend and try to stay cool if it's warm where your at.

Hugs to all
Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:15 PM   #19  
Onward and Downward

Hi there, oh crafty ones . . .

Humidity has stayed down, thank goodness, but it is just plain HOT today. I seem to have been very busy and the heat is really making me feel tired this evening. My blood sugar is high, too. Just kind of strange all round.

Yes, I got the edging done on the afghan and it is currently draped over the back of the couch with cats sitting on it. It really isn't quite finished because I've still got to weave in all the ends, but I can't see them right now so they can wait for a bit longer without driving me totally nuts. Was thinking about a few finished projects. I need to take a few pictures and get them posted for you guys to have a peek.

Sorry to hear you had such a hot and busy day yesterday, CHERYL. I can definitely relate to the 'heat headache' as I've got a bit of one today. Thankfully, I don't have any hay fields around. We have had about double our usual amount of rain so far this Spring/Summer and the farmers around here are complaining about crops getting too much water. I'd send you some if I could. Hope it rains for you soon.

Have a good evening, chickies. Keep doing the good stuff and I'll see you soon/
Old 07-09-2006, 10:13 PM   #20  

Linda...Hope you are having much cooler weather today. Thank goodness we are much cooler and I have no headache. Still no rain in sight. Only good thing about that, is I don't have to cut the grass.

Brandy...Hope you are having a nice day also and it's not too hot for you.

Got the binding on the quilts today and have already picked the loose threads off of the queen size quilt and got it folded and put away. I have the king size to do next. Going to start doing the french knots on the kids quilt tomorrow. The FD has meetings all day, so it will give me something to do while I wait. Have a good evening.

Cheryl
Old 07-10-2006, 05:23 PM   #21  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . . it's still too hot to even think around here . . . this is unusual for us. Last Friday was one nice comfy day out of two weeks of misery; hopefully we'll get some more relief soon.

Glad things are a little cooler for you, CHERYL.

See you soon, gang . . . stay cool and keep doing the good stuff.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:39 PM   #22  

Hello...Pretty nice day and I was gone most of it. We are going to be hot tomorrow and hotter each day up through the weekend. It's suppose to be 100 on Saturday. Hubby and I are going out for our anniversary and I think a movie.
Any place that has central air is at the top of my list. Got the tags for my quilt made on the computer. Went to town to buy the photo transfer paper, bought everything but that. I will write myself a note and paste it to my forehead.LOL

Linda...Hope you get cooler weather soon. Just think, five months from now we will be complaining about the frigid weather.

Cheryl
Old 07-12-2006, 11:17 AM   #23  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . . just taking a little break from the "work project" and wishing I could get cooler. At least working from home, I can sit around in my nightie instead of having to wear real clothes.

The humidity is so high, it's hard to believe it isn't raining. Oh well, you are absolutely right, CHERYL. It won't be long before we'll be complaining about how cold it is . . . but at least we will know how much we actually weigh.

In the meantime . . . I got a little break at my WWI this morning and I'm actually registering .6 of a pound lost. So I've moved my ticker. Heaven only knows what the scale- will have to say by this time next week. Summer is so much fun.

Hang in there, gang. Keep moving and shaking and doing the good stuff and by the time we get a "real" weight reading in the Fall, we'll all be sooooo much thinner. See you soon.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:46 PM   #24  
used to be tofat

Hi ladies,

We've got the worst humidity so far this year today. I skipped my run/walk and opted for a bike ride where I'm moving fast enough to get a breeze. My hubby ran and swore it was raining at one point, but it wasn't!!!! That's humid!

The 4-H'ers glass turned out well and we only had 1 small cut (a glass sliver which unfortunatly are common when cutting all that glass) I think they and their parents are all happy with what they made.

I'm out of here to go sweep the pool, and then take a dive.

Stay cool,
Old 07-12-2006, 08:12 PM   #25  

Hi Ladies...Sounds like we are all having the same weather, hot and humid. I have such a headache! Feels like it is in a nut cracker. Good news is the fairy fat mother paid me a visit. I'm down 2 pounds!!! Also got my new clothes I ordered today. I only have to send 2 tops back that I don't like how they fit. The petite capris are pants on me and I thought about shortening them, but they have a printed boarder. There are times I hate being only 5'.

Linda...congrats on moving that ticker downward. Always a good feeling.

Brandy...You lucky gal, a pool!!! Can I come and take a dip? Think I would live in it about now. LOL

Lastnight I got the first row of kids hair and eyes done. They really look cute, gave them a bit of a personality. Don't know if I will work on it tonight or not. Take to you later.

Cheryl
Old 07-15-2006, 06:17 AM   #26  
used to be tofat

off to a long weekend. Be back on Wednesday. Have a great time.
Old 07-15-2006, 03:09 PM   #27  

Brandy...Enjoy your weekend! Have fun and stay cool.

Linda...Hope you are enjoying your weekend as well, have your feet proped up and staying cool.

I'm planning on staying home pretty much the whole weekend. Have a birthday party to go to tomorrow night. It's very hot here, I'm sure hope it cool off by next week. Great news girls, I got the kids quilt top done this afternoon. It is so cute!! Have to match up the backing fabric and sew it together. Should have the quilt to the quilters by Wednesday.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl
Old 07-15-2006, 03:13 PM   #28  
Onward and Downward

Hi gals . . . Another hot, hot day . . . don't even feel like moving . . . have a great weekend doing fun stuff and staying cool and comfy. see you soon.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:50 PM   #29  

Hi Gals...Still very hot and humid...Don't feel like doing anything, but be a slug. I have a very busy week ahead with appointments for the FD's and packing for vacation. Haven't stepped on the scales this week, feel pretty water logged.LOL Let you know by the end of the week if the fairy fat mother paid me a visit. Taking the kid quilt to the quilters on Thursday, can't wait to get it back. Have a good week ladies.

Cheryl
Old 07-19-2006, 10:11 AM   #30  

Morning Ladies...First, a great big to Faye. So happy to have another chickie join us. A little bit about myself...I'm 53 and just celebrated my 34th wedding anniversary. Have two grown children and 7 1/2 grandchildren. We leave next monday morning for the West Coast to visit the kids and grandkids and I can hardly wait. Haven't seen my family in over two years, so I have a lot of spoiling to do. My hubby and I are also foster parents, and we have two teenage girls right now. I use to do a lot of different crafts, but I now do mostly quilting, machine embroidery, counted cross stitch and sewing for the grandkids. I am following WW points and doing well at it. I am also going through menopause and have times when I want to eat anything that isn't nailed down, but I have learned to now lock myself up in my sewing room and sew. It keeps my fingers busy and my mouth shut. My exercise of choice is working out to Richard and the gang and walking. Right now I can't workout with Richard till I buy a new VHS player, (RATS!!!)...SOOOOOO I'm walking early in the morning before it gets HOT. I love to swim, but refuse to squeeze into a suit till I reach 250 lbs. Hope to make that goal by next summer. We have a great bunch of gals here and Linda and I are on two other threads that we would love for you to join us there as well. The Over 50 and the 100 lb/1 year.

Linda and Brandy...Woke up to a nice cool breeze, cloudy and it feels wonderful. I was hoping we would get the sever thunderstorm, but it passed us by, so no rain. My lawn is so dry, it crunches when you walk on it. Have already gone out for my walk before it gets hot. We are going to be back in the high 90's for the rest of the week. Going to get the house work done today, start packing, have the FD's vaccume the surburan so I can start packing it and tape the side of the aida cloth, so I have something to keep my fingers busy with on vacation. Don't have to worry about my mouth, I'll be yacking like crazy with my folks and the rest of the family. Have a good one ladies, stay cool and stay on program. Hugs to you all.

Cheryl