Old 07-10-2006, 09:19 PM   #61  

Erin...Happy to hear you had a safe trip home and the kids were good. Sorry the scales are not moving for you, they will.

Robbin...Hope you have fun working out tomorrow morning. Does hubby workout with you? Glad the water weight is retreating. The quilt is done except for the french knots I need to do for hair and eyes. The FD's are better. The threat of not going on vacation did the trick.

Tina...You sound just like me. I'm getting the house in order so it looks nice when my friend comes over to feed my cat and give her some love while were gone. We are going to be gone 14 days, which isn't enough for me to get all my yacking time in with my Mom, Dad, daughter, son and 7 grandkids, plus my brother and sisters. I've already started packing the car for the trip and got my list started so I don't forget anything.

Linda...Looks like I will be cranking the air on tomorrow. 95 tomorrow and 100 by Saturday. Swollen feet here I come. LOL...Hope you get a break from the heat soon.

Not much going on today, had meetings most of the day and it is the same for the next couple of days. Hope to be home and not have to go anywhere by Thursday. Got the tags for my quilt made on the computer today, but didn't have any photo transfer paper. Went to town and bought everything but the paper. Guess I will have to write myself a note and paste it to my forehead.LOL...Have a good on ladies.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:26 PM   #62  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hi Ladies ~ just home from work and taking the dog to the park. Another warm one here.. and I must say that I am tired of it being summer.. LOL Give me a few months though and then I will be wishing it was warmer.. it is a no win situation !!!

I am still floundering with weight loss.. I go a couple of days really behaving myself and then I get side tracked and it all goes to H-e-double hockeysticks in a handbag. (if ya know what I mean !!!). I think I need to set myself some short term goals and work towards them. I will give them some serious consideration over the next few days and then get my butt in gear !!!!

Meowee ~ do you work at home ? Or do you work on a contract basis ? The time that I spent at home studying was lovely and if it wasn't for the human interaction I think I would be very happy working at home.

Tina ~ wow 7 more sleeps.. I didn't realize it was so close. You are going to have such a great time and probably have a million and one things before you go.

Robbin ~ sounds like you had a busy weekend. Did you get yourself anything while you were out shopping ?

Erin ~ welcome home !! So glad that you got to spend time with your family. Does your scale run on a battery.. maybe it is time for a new one ?? I will sometimes test the scale with an item that I know weighs a certain amount (ie 5 lb bag of potatoes etc...) At least then you can make an adjustment for whatever amount it is out by

Cheryl ~ wow your weather sure did change overnight.. sounds like it was for the better though ! I hear ya on the water weight.. I feel like I have been drinking gallons of the stuff.. but not sure where it is all going

To all the other chicks ~ hope you didn't have a manic monday

Well I am off to see what I can mix up for dinner.. with this hot weather I don't feel like eating.. but know that I must. Have a good one and I will c ya soon
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:52 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey Ladies!

Sorry I was MIA for a few days but I had finals to complete and now I have the next 3 weeks off! Yayyyy!! I'm sooo stoked to have a break!

Linda, hope you cool off soon! What kind of work project are you working on?

Tina, did your basement flood? Ours did a few months ago and it was a nightmare but we finally got it all taken care of. It sucks when stuff like that happens, and it turns out that our insurance wouldn't cover it because the water was coming from the outside and wasn't the result of a broken pipe. Stinkin jerks LOL

Robbin, sounds like you are really motivated to get in the gym! I'm sure you'll see some excellent results soon!

Erin thats really great that your Hubby wants you to help him. I think it's awesome when couples tackle the weight monster together. Good luck to you both.

Cheryl, I'd love to see some pictures of your quilts some time. Its something I've always wanted to try but just don't have the time really.

Louie, I hope you enjoyed your relaxation/coffee time I could use a little of that today LOL

RyanMi, Woooo Hoooooo! way to go on be 4 lbs down!!! That's freakin awesome! WTG!

Well, I'm bushed and just want to relax and read for a bit. I hope you all have a wonderful evening!!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:51 AM   #64  
Michelle

Default Good Morning!

Hi Ladies...

Just dropping in to say hello before heading off to work! The humidity here was so terrible yesterday that I walked out to the car and almost instantly felt like I couldn't breathe! Fabulous...needless to say this put me in a stellar mood pretty much all day yesterday! The kicker? One of the girls that works for me (my assistant, nonetheless) announces that she is pregnant-again! She has an 18 m/o daughter already and while yes, I am happy for her, at the same time the last 18mos plus the previous 9 have been spent completely pre-occupied and not exactly "on the ball" if you know what I mean??? And as accomodating and understanding as I try to be, she takes full advantage constantly...She and I have discussed this and she was just starting to get back in the swing of things and I was feeling good about the situation when Bam! She's pregnant again... and I know it's partly me because I don't have nor will I be having kids, and my priorities are elsewhere, but at the same time, if you're going to come to work and barely do your job because all you can do is talk about childbirth, breastfeeding (YUK) diapers, etc..,and not pull your weight (or anything close to it), then maybe you ought to consider whether working is where you really want to be. PLUS, she and another gal in the office were actually trying to see who would be pregnant first, so apparently the other one isn't all that far behind??? Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........

And while I am ranting, please allow me to go on record and say that the absolute worst thing any pregnant person can say is "I don't know how it happened..." For Christs sake, I know how it happened, and I wasn't even there!

Ok, had to get that out...please, no one yell at me-I just had to vent! Now I am off to work...
ryanmi72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:56 AM   #65  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Good morning Chickiedoos!!

Well I moved my ticker a little the scale is still being contrary but I felt confident about the adjustment i made this morning to the ticker since i haven't had an average and rarely a weight over that in a while. I am looking at options of what I can do to kick start losses again but i am just kind of dragging at the moment. Getting back into working life and all is rough! Also I got hit with a major project to take on at church and am a little overwhelmed, also started a bible study at church and am trying to finish a fiction novel i started on the trip!!! Too many things that allow for sitting! I am wanting to get all the stuff settled from being away and then will work on sweating to music again, or hit the elliptical. Either way i think i gotta move more!

Robbin - all day shopping sounds like fun, maybe!!! Only if you were successful in your mission, it usually takes me all day just cause I can't find what i want! Hope the working out with hubby goes well! Oh and the scale-a-cide is scheduled for Friday if things don't change soon!

Tina - Don't let the getting ready make you crazy! I know it can and it is just not worth it. My suggestion tackle one major task a day and then start on the next one if there is time. I did the little bit of all of it everyday and it just makes you nuts! Thanks for mentioning hubby, I am hoping his motivation stays as we face the real world again! Wonderful ideas can fade fast when the reality of life sets in!

Linda - Don't let the heat get you down, what did we suggest to Michellrp - strip and arm curls in front of the AC???? Works for me! Can you go to the office Naked!!! Then maybe you would have everyone else distracted and you could accomplish something! Glad hubby is on board too. Let's just hope he gets past the initial "this sucks" phase!

Cheryl - thanks for the condolences on the scales. I have finally realized it has been several weeks since I have done true cardio exercise and i am wondering if that may be some of the difference. Hope to get back to that soon and then we'll see. Your trip sounds wonderful, I wish we could spend that long. I know what you mean about getting everyone in, it can be so hard!

Louie - don't get frustrated, we are so bad about the all or none stuff, a few days in a week of better eating can really make a difference when you add them up! The short term goals can really help. The big picture can be so overwhelming! Thanks for your suggestion on the scale, I am going to try to find something i know the weight of and see what happens!

Michellerae - congrats on finishing finals!!! Enjoy your three weeks!! Any big plans for the break?

Gotta run so much stuff to get done before the day really gets rolling!
ELEM-PGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:06 AM   #66  
rambler

Ryanmi - you and i must have been posting at the same time! I was one of those women who was pre-occupied with getting pregnant, losing pregnancies or having kids --- but I changed my job to accomodate the new lifestyle instead of making everyone around me miserable. Although childbirth and child rearing are wonderful undertakings in life they are not for everyone and these ladies need to remember THEY HAVE A JOB THEY HAVE TO DO! Don't worry about the ranting, we all need to do it!

OHH and seems like my ticker is messed up, did the changes and when did the post all i am getting is the red X. Still working on it but it you can't see it, its not just you!
Old 07-11-2006, 09:29 AM   #67  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Ok Chickies this is gonna be a quickie but I will be back later. I just wanted to pop in and say Good Morning to everyone. I just got clocked into work so I am gonna have to do some actual "work" before I can get back here. Hopefully I will find the time before 5 if I dont I will be back this evening.

I finally made it to the gym at my hubby's office and we worked out together. I feel great. I know I am not up to what most of you who exercise regurlary are but I feel pretty good about myself. I did 1 mile on the treadmill in 17 minutes and 38 seconds. Not too bad huh?

Well better get the rear in gear and get some work done.

Check back later
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:07 PM   #68  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Tuesday!

Good morning chickies! Hope you are found well and happy! So far, so good here. I didn't get much done off of my list yesterday. Hubby just couldn't stay at work. He popped back home 3 times! and then finally wanted to go out shopping for a few groceries and items on my list that we'll need during our travel. You know tissues, wet ones, hand sanitizer..etc...etc. But I did get the shopping done and did get his hair cut, so at least that's a little something done. I'm facing the fridge and pantry today for sure...no interuptions please!

Linda, I think you got the heat that we had last week. In the mid 30's was highly unusual for us too. I took it as a staging to try to get used to what I'll be in for 3 weeks! I hope you're finding a way to stay cool and comfortable.

Cheryl, list? Did you say list? haha! I'd never get as far as I am with my head still operable if I didn't have a list. Why is everything always left up to the "wife" and "mother" to remember?!! Sounds like you have a lot of catching up to do with a lot of people you might have to set up that new "speed dating" with each one of them! LOL!

Louie, shhhhh...you shouldn't say that too loud! I can't even think of the winter coming around. I so dread it! But you should get way more milder winters than I do, right? I gotta another reason to "love" summer...I think we all struggle in staying on project..something about being free to roam outside more makes us all wonder from our schedule. I know it does for me. It's too nice to workout indoors..a stroll would be nice instead....the wiff of BBQ always triggers a crave...being out and about always suffers my water intake. So I guess having winter does have it's pluses afterall. I can't wait to be back home already and getting back to me, myself and I working on weightloss and exercise. Hang in there girl...we're all having struggles and know exactly how you feel.

MichelleRae, hi ya! Three weeks off sounds great...especially after finals, yuck! Our basement flood was due to a hose under our kitchen sink giving way and going through the floor gushing everywhere like a wild snake in the basement 1/2 developed. Soaking the drywall and the furniture. We were lucky, we caught it almost as soon as it happened, just ankle deep water. Then the power went out for 3 hrs. and I was left by myself in the dark with a mop and bucket to clean it up with! Some of the ladies here had a "laugh out loud" moment at that visual!

Ryanmi, while reading your post I wasn't sure how to respond. I may only be 28 years old, but I have very old fashioned ways. For me, family is my #1 priority...so I can relate to your assistant. But, I also am very realistic...if my heart wasn't in it, then neither was I. I took my leave of absence from my job when I was about 5 mos. pregnant. It was too hard to deal with having morning sickness and manage a nearly 2 million dollar company (oil industry related). Since then, my place is home. Don't get me wrong...working mothers get a lot of respect from me...because I don't know how they can swing it or deal with being away from the little one. But I "intend" on going back part time when she is in school full time. Hope I didn't step on anyones toes?!

Erin, do you think that maybe the ride in the car shook up your scale?? Maybe it had something weighted on it the entire time and everytime you hit a bump it started to try and weigh it and it needs new batteries now? Maybe try the new batteries, if that doesn't work...try giving it a good shake again! You described me to a tee...that's what I was doing yesterday. Trying to do a little of everything and not really getting much done...of course the interupting hubby didn't help either! LOL!

Robbin, I tell ya...just reading your enthusiasm about exercise is doing me a world of good! Glad to hear you had a positive experience at the gym. Your time is very good for someone just starting out. I'd be proud of it too! Did hubby workout with you?

Well ladies, I think that's about all she wrote. I'll try to check back later. Have a great day!

~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:20 PM   #69  
Michelle

Tina (and anyone else), you didn't step on my toes at all, and believe me, I wasn't trying to judge anyone, and hope that I didn't offend anyone.

My person tends to milk the system for all it is worth, and she tends to have her priorities mixed up a bit. She is in Grad School F/T (for free, mind you, because as a University employee, she gets that benefit), doing a practicum/internship several hours a week, playing on two softball teams, and working full-time-so what ends up happening is that she tends to use the time set aside for work to take care of her personal business and family business, and has her in-laws bring the kid up here to visit (it is 18mos) for a couple of hours at a time. Then...she catches up w/all of her friends, emailing, talking on the phone, two hour lunches etc...and ends up slacking off on the work side. Not cool when the bulk of your job is customer service...and other staff members are picking up the slack constantly.

I am far from a slave driver-believe you me, but seeing as how I just went through all of this once, and 2 yrs later (between pre-and post birth) have finally gotten my employee back to being a bit more focused, I just have the horrors of having to deal with it all again-and I already see little signs. Example- she just got back from a 2hr nap/lunch..."Ooops, I fell asleep." "Ok, yes, I certainly understand being tired-but perhaps you wouldn't be so tired if you weren't out playing softball until well after midnight last night...."

I should have explained a bit better...my situation is clearly the exception, not the norm. I definately am for family first- I guess I just think that if you're going to be here, at least put forth a bit more than the bare minimum, especially when you are constantly asking for the maximum.

Does that make sense? Because the last thing I wanted to do was offend anyone-especially all of you that are clearly working your rears off to raise a family, work, whatever...because I do respect and admire that-regardless of whether I have my own brats or not! LOL...
ryanmi72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:50 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies!!

Boy am I worn out! I spent a bit outside in the pool with the family and the chlorine always wears me out.

RyanMi, you didn't offend me I understand how you feel! I used to work with a girl who swore upand down that she was a virgin...what a totally rare thing to happen to her...she just needed attention lol

Tina, man your basement got hit like ours did but not from the same thing. Ours was partially finished as well and teh drywall and several pieces of furniture were ruined

Robbin, way to go on your exercise!! That's awesome!!!

Erin, No big plans for my time off except relaxing and enjoying it! Glad you got to move your ticker down

Well ladies I'm gonna hit the hay early tonight. Hope you all have a wonderful evening and I'll ttyl!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:34 PM   #71  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hi Gals ~ I haven't had time to read all the posts from today, but I just wanted to check in and say HELLLOOOOO.

I had to work late tonight and I just finished dinner, so going to put my feet up and see what is on the boobtube to watch. I am sure I will be able to find some mindless TV... my favorite !!!

I'll be back tomorrow to catch up with everyone. Hope you all have a great evening and take care
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:52 AM   #72  
rambler

Good morning girlies, well i decided to move the ticker again. I have been weighing frequently since yesterday morning and everytime have gotten the same number both times I weigh. Was more active yesterday (pool for about 1 1/2 hours) and drank some water. Pool always seems to get my WWW off, so if any of the rest of you suffering from that have access, spend some time in chest deep water, I had to get out twice to pee and then went two more times within the first hour I was home! Thus the scale was 252.3 this morning, with two weighs in a row! Remember how we chanted 230 for Robbin? Well i hear 240's in my camp! I honestly believe it has been a minimum of 6-7 years since I have seen that number. This is also where i blew it last time. Wanted to get below 250 for a Dr. appointment i had and ended up at 270 by the time i got there! It was downhill from there to say the least!!! I am confident that I will get there this time, with the help from ya'll!! I can't put my finger on how but being here has really made a difference for me!! Thanks Ladies!

Robbin - Awsome job on the working out. I can do 2 miles on the elliptical in under 13 min but can't even finish 1 mile on a treadmill!!! You did great! Keep it up!

Tina - I hope you are able to keep hubby out of the house today and get something done! When i hit "woman on a mission" mode things interrupting my plan just make me nuts!!! As you can see from above the scale has settled down. I guess it just took it a while to realize it was home!

Ryanmi - No offense taken here! I am a working mom (P/T now) and I am a firm believer of when i am there I give a hundred percent but when i have my time home don't bug me about work! I think our society as a whole has gotten into a "ME" mentality a little too far. It's all about how can i make my job work for me not the fact that we were hired to perform a task for someone else!!! I work for them not the other way around! Hang in there, can this be addressed on a performance eval or something that has a little consequence to the pocket book, that usually wakes someone up!

Michellerae - AHHH relaxation, yeah i remember that, it was just last week for me! Does the pool have the same effect on you it does to me?

Louie - So how was the boob tube?? Find anything good?

Linda, Cheryl,Robsia, Lois, Tracey, Shawn, Michellerp, hopeyou all are doing well!! Hope i didn't forget anyone!

Well Ya'll have a fantastic day and I will try to check in later. Have to take the kids to the dermatologist this afternoon and have no idea how long i will be there!
Old 07-12-2006, 09:33 AM   #73  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Good morning girlies. How is everyone? I am pretty good today but am disappointed because I didn’t get to workout. We had some pretty wild storms last night and our electricity went out, we all know what that means. I overslept. No biggie I will get it in tomorrow. Sorry I never made it back here last night to do personals. We ended up planning a little mini vacation for this weekend and that took up most of my evening.

Linda – I noticed that last post of mine was a little funny looking with smaller type size but don’t know what I did to make it that way, I dunno. I understand your heat problems, we have been having storms here and instead of cooling it off it has only raised the humidity to around 97%. YUCK!

Cheryl – My husband is working out with me. Its not like he needs the extra exercise though, being military he works out all the time. You know the type, he can do a ton of sit-ups and push ups in just a couple of minutes and run 2 miles in less than 15 minutes. He is very fit and thinks he is overweight. He weighs more now than when we got married 15 years ago so it has to be that he is fat. I say a 33-inch wais for a man is not fat.

Louie – I didn’t get anything for myself while out shopping but I did get a hair cut. And man o man did I cut it. I haven’t had hair shorter than about 2 inches below my shoulders in 15 years and when I went in to cut it, it was 6 inches below my shoulders. Well now it is about ˝ an inch above my shoulders. I am gonna take a picture and post it as soon as I get the time that way all of you can give your opinion. I think maybe my face looks fatter.

MichelleRae – Sounds like you have been busy with your finals. I bet you are excited to be off for 3 weeks.

Ryanmi – Even though I am very committed to being a parent I can understand where you are coming from. My youngest two are only 13 months apart so I imagine the employer I had at that time was discouraged. However I tried to be 100% committed to my job also. I worked up until I went into labor both times and only took off work for my doctor appointments. I feel that if you are gonna work you have to commit yourself to it. I like to share stories about my kids with my co-workers but there is a time for stories and there is a time for work.

Erin – I think I am with you on the scale-a-cide. Mine are not making me happy. Up 3 pounds again today. Dang I am tired of this up and down up and down. Yesterday I was only 1 pound off of my ticker now I am off by 4 pounds. Of course I do know it is WWW. My hands are very puffy. I am just tired of this and want to know what I weigh with out all of the WWW. I am chanting for you 240 240 240 240 240 240!!!!!!!!

Tina - You need to tell hubby if he is gonna keep popping in he is gonna be put to work. LOL, that always seems to work for my guy. He does not want to be put to work so he steers clear while I have a list I have to do. Now if it is a list for him to do there is no way I get to steer clear, he pulls me right in to help.

Well girls gotta get to work. Check back later
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:53 AM   #74  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Hi gang . . . just dropping in for a quick HELLO . . . sorry, but no time for personals to everyone . . . you know how it goes sometimes. This project is really getting me down, boy will I be glad to see the back end of it.

For those who asked . . . Do I work from home? No . . . I'm retired. Retired about 5 years ago now, but about once a year or sometimes more I get asked to work on something special and I don't seem to know how to say NO! The projects are usually something I can do from home. This little 'special' seems to be going on forever. I worked/work (?) for a very large, multi-national manufacturer. Right now they are closing a plant and about 1000 employees are involved. Under pension law in Canada every employee gains a lot of extra rights under the Company's pension plan in the event of a facility closure. About 100 of those 1000 have a very complicted situation and since I (supposedly) am an expert in this particular field, I'm doing all the really hard, convoluted calculations and presentation packages for them.

Tiny little surprise this morning . . . in spite of the humidity soaring back up to the upper 90's, I actually knocked of .6 of a pound in addition to getting rid of the WWW from the last couple of weeks. So I'm going to move my ticker while I've got the chance because there's no telling where it will be by this time next week.

Have a good day, chickies. Keep on moving and shaking and heading in that great downward direction. Eventually the good work will pay off and we will all discover ourselves a bunch thinner when the weather finally breaks. See you soon.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:16 PM   #75  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Wednesday!

Good morning/Good afternoon! I got up and went straight to the basement to start putting some sense back into it. Taking a little break right now. I was really productive yesterday. Got the pantry and fridge cleared. The yardwork and mowing all done and gave myself a pedicure. I phoned the salon to make an appt. and I get "we're now making appt. for Aug."....did she say August?!! So there goes my treat before I leave..had to do it myself. (did I mention I am qualified?...seriously. I only have half a year to being a certified estitician...but I didn't go back...my bad).

Ryanmi, thank you for putting your situation in perspective. One can totally understand the frustration with a good for nothing around. How old is this person? Seems they need a good ol' lesson in responsiblity and respect. Is she employeed through you or the school? Otherwise I'd give a couple of warnings and then be done with her. She isn't an asset at all.

MichelleRae,
I wouldn't suppose you wanna come put another basement back together? LOL! Sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday...I love the pool! A lot of great calories burned too.

Louie, hope you are having a less of a full day today. So what did you find to watch?

Erin, "weigh" to go getting that WWW flushed out. I'mma chantin' for you! Go Erin! Go Erin! Meet the 40s! It's fun! So glad the scale finally remembered where it was. I got a feeling we're a lot alike. When I'm doing something...don't bug me! LOL!

Robbin, of all days I wish I had a little help to move furniture...he stays away! Wouldn't that always be the case!? Anyways, I always said if you want something done now and done right you may aswell do it yourself. My hubby isn't particularly a particular person when it comes to getting him to do stuff. All I get is a half-*** effort and a response .."good enough". EEEGRRRGggg!

Linda,
how much more longer do you think it will be till your project is done? Kinda sucks when you're retired to be bothered with it. Congrats on the movement on the scale. Must be such a relief!

Well ladies, 3 sleeps and 3 1/2 days left!! Any of you scared of flying? Got any words of advice. Yes I've flown before, but it doesn't make it easier. When I land I'm so relieved! LOL!

Have a great day! I'm sure I will...hehe!
~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote