Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 05:55 PM   #16  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Cheryl-Some doctor's can be so heartless. If she is truly that concerned about your weight, she could have approached it a bit different. I have the opposite problem around here. I can't get one doctor to tell me that they are concerned about my weight. Sometimes I wish one would just come out and say it...just to see if they would.

Well chin up and stay strong!

chris
Old 06-29-2006, 05:22 AM   #17  

Dee-Where are you? I need your help your sympathy about not being able to run. What am I going to do? I can't swim because my foot is wrapped in something that I can't get wet. Give me some ideas, other than biking. I am going to do that, but I feel my thighs growing as we speak!
Old 06-29-2006, 09:28 AM   #18  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

I'm sorry, I haven't intended to be MIA...it's just been a really busy week here!

The flooding all around us is horrible! Places just a couple hours from here like Binghamton, NY and Wilkes-Barre, PA were all over the national news and weather channel yesterday and they are still reporting on it today. There are more roads closed here than open and most every county is under a state of emergency. Our immediate area is ok though...just minor flooding. We have water in our basement, but that's nothing new for us. The sun was out most of the day yesterday except for a strong storm that moved through around 9:00 last night. The sun is back out this morning, so hopefully that will help dry things out today. I'm going to try and cut grass today at Tim's aunt's house, her yard has a lot of hills and not many low spots, so I'm hoping it will be dry enough to cut. We had trees cut down in our yard earlier in the week, but the rain has kept us from being able to finish the clean up, so we have a lot to do here before I can cut our grass again. Our yard is too wet to cut today anyway.

Shelley ~ I'm so glad you went to the doctor and now have a proper diagnosis and treatment plan. Do follow the doctor's orders so that you can get better! You don't want to do anything that is going to slow the process down. I would think that biking would be a good substitute for running...that will take the stress off of your heel and still workout your legs!

Cheryl ~ I admire you for sticking to your plan and losing the weight in the way that is going to be best for you! I know that there are some people whose only alternative is surgery, but I really do believe that diet and exercise is the best way to take weight off and keep it off. Keep at it and show your doctor how it's done!

Chris ~ Sounds like your sister is going to try and one up you no matter what you do. I think you would be best to overlook the things she does the best you can and just keep on doing as you have been. You're off to a great start, don't let her undo everything that you have done so far!

Janice ~ How are you doing towards your goal? You are getting so close...

Does anyone have anything special planned for the weekend and 4th of July? We have a picnic to go to on the 4th, but that's about all we have planned.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:58 AM   #19  

Gayle where the heck are you? Did you find a few cowboys to take you away?

Sherry are you teasing us by posting a couple of times and wandering away? We need you girl.

Shelley I have been thinking about what to say to you for the last few days. I know that you understand that I can sympathize with you. It is one of the worst things that can happen. I know because we are both addicted to exercise. Not too many people know this about us or could understand. To quite cold turkey is like taking away out life. I have been there I know that. You just have to focus on knowing that there is an end in site. The best thing for your body is to take time off for it to heal. I know that this is not going to happen for six weeks, you will probably only go the four weeks. I don't think that you will be able to make it that long. The only other exercise besides biking I can think of you to do is an elliptical machine where you aren't pounding down on your heel. You can still get the runners high from that but it isn't the same. It is going to be tough because we both manage our weight by increasing our exercise when we over eat. I know I also do it to relieve stress as I am sure that you do too. Shelley hang in there and do what the doctor ordered or it will be a longer time. I know that hearing this must make you feel like crying but it is only a short time in your life even though it feels like forever. Maybe just knowing that I understand what you are going through will help a little bit. I love you.

Larry went out of town this morning and won’t be back til tomorrow after lunch. It is our long weekend this weekend so he is off at noon tomorrow. We have a family reunion to go to on Sunday but the rest of the weekend is open. We will probably go to the beach one day and Larry will probably finish taping a mudding our Garden Room. I think that is what we are going to call it. Any other suggestions? It looks out on to my garden, it has a double garden door and a large picture window on the other wall. We already have a sunroom so I can’t call it that.

I am sorry girls but I am off again. I am going downtown to get weighed in at ww’s for my monthly. Take care.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:01 PM   #20  

Dee-Thanks for your sympathy. I know you understand! Enjoy your weekend.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:21 PM   #21  

Hello

I'm here Dee!! I've been sort of bored this summer because I couldn't find anything to do here. Well guess what??! I found a local swimming pool! I just got home. It's about 2 miles from me. I did lots of exercises and got lots of sun.I still haven't meet anyone here though I know the neighbors on both sides of me. One couple is much older then us but very nice,country folks. The other neighbors and about Wayne & my age,super nice but she hates the heat & sun and stays in all day!

I also have been going to the town square (about a mile from me) and I walk EVERYDAY!!! A sign says 10 laps is a mile. I have been walking 1/2 mile (5 laps) but I walked 6 laps today!! Hopefully I'll be up to a mile by next week!!

Shelley,
Bless your heart!!! I'm so,so sorry. I know how upset you are about not running. But remember...it's only temporary!!!! Just think, If you hadn't of gone to the doctor and kept running, you might have got to the point of NEVER being able to run again.Look at it that way. Can you do exercise videos in your living room? Keep your chin up. I know it will all work out. Love ya!

Where's Gayle? Are you not coming back because I came back??!!

Got to go push mow the yard now...
Later!!
Old 06-29-2006, 06:13 PM   #22  
Losing it!

Hi girls! I only have a few minutes to post! Lightening hit our home & wiped out the puter, TV, etc. so this is the first opportunity I have had to get on the net. Posting from MIL's computer. I will be up & running soon I hope! I will try to be back within the next few days so I can read all the happenings! Take care, love you, miss you!!!
Old 06-30-2006, 06:26 AM   #23  

Sherry-I'm so proud of you for walking and swimming! Keep it up.

Oh, did I tell you the stupid thing the podiatrist's nurse said to me? When I was so upset about running and the fact that I may gain weight, she said can't you just maybe eat less? What an idiot!! Speaking of idiots, Mike mentioned that since I won't be running, I may want to cut back on my salads. Hello??? Iceberg lettuce = very little calories. I always use ff dressing too.

Gayle-Sorry to hear about your computer. Hope you are back up soon.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:22 AM   #24  
In it for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelleyM
Oh, did I tell you the stupid thing the podiatrist's nurse said to me? When I was so upset about running and the fact that I may gain weight, she said can't you just maybe eat less?
I bet this obviously came from someone who has never had a weight problem in her life?!? Some people just don't get it.

I had my WI last night. Down another 1.2 pounds!! I told my friend and her B/F that I wanted to lose another 23 pounds and they looked at me like I was crazy! She said, "You're gonna start looking bad if you get down too skinny so you need to stop now." I thought, "I COULD ONLY DREAM!" According to my family doctor, I need to weigh around 150 so that's what I'm going for.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:39 AM   #25  

WTG Linda!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2006, 10:15 AM   #26  

Yay, Linda!!!
Old 06-30-2006, 11:38 AM   #27  
Focus on the Process

WTG LINDA!

Shelley, couldn't you just kill everyone who says that! I'm with ya on that one. Like Linda said, anyone who says that probably hasn't been overweight a day in their life. They just don't get it!

Well I stayed OP yesterday as far as food is concerned but I just can't get motivated to "MOVE" !!!! I don't know what to do. Exercising to me is as excruciating mentally as going to the dentist or the Gyno. Hate all of it! Wish I could figure out something. Hubby keeps saying he needs to exercise but the farthest he gets is lifting his finger to change the channel on the remote.

Chris
Old 06-30-2006, 12:08 PM   #28  
In it for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrily
Exercising to me is as excruciating mentally as going to the dentist or the Gyno. Hate all of it! Wish I could figure out something.
Chris,

I know just what you mean. I HATE to exercise. I looked around and found things that I do like to do. I LOVE to dance. Doesn't matter what kind. Anything that gets me moving. Or I walk at the mall or the college in the A/C! Swimming is good right now.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:16 PM   #29  
Focus on the Process

Everyone seems to enjoy swimming. I never got to learn. I can't seem to find any adult swim classes around either. God, I would love to be out there with everyone...I just have to settle for wading in so far. Sometime I'd also love to get my hubby to dance classes but he's a shy one also. At my daughters' dance studio they attend, they offer adult hip hop and jazz dance classes. My sisters' and I always joke about doing it, until we saw the performance of the ones that took it last year. OMG...I wouldn't be caught dead in those outfits. I'd have to squeeze into one like a sausage and then perform in front of an audience.. AHHHH.....No!

Chris
Old 07-01-2006, 06:42 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Sorry I have been missing this past week. It has been crazy here. I am staying at a friends for the next couple of weeks, she is taking a cruise and I am dog sitting. So trying to get things together for that. Also, had a medical scare and was at the dr.'s for appointment. I was getting dizzy during exercise, and felt faint. Luckily, it is an inner ear thing and easily fixed. I am still haveing a stress test on Monday, but I am fine.

Suzy, hope you are drying out. I can't believe the flooding in that area! Hope the clean up is coming along!

Shelley, take care of the foot, you don't want it getting worse. I can't believe how much better my foot is, when I use the inserts. They really help. How is the biking, do you like it any better?

Chris, Sounds like your sister is jealous and it is not going to change. Keep looking for some form of exercise you enjoy doing! If you like to dance, try looking for some videos or DVD's. You could do it at home, alone, maybe get the kids to dance around the living room with you? Might be fun!

Gayle, hope the computer issue is resolved soon! I hate being without a computer!!

WTG Linda! I agree go for a weight you and your Dr. settled on, not someone else.

Hope everyone has a great fourth of July!
Closed Thread