Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 09:31 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies (#80)

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Don't forget to go back to thread #79 to catch up!
Old 06-27-2006, 10:26 AM   #2  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning ladies....

Everyone must be sleeping in??? Yesterday I stay OP with my WW and did 35 min. on the treadmill and did some weights. I just have to tell ya...because I think its funny. I went with my sister again, and I was kind of watching her out of the corner of my eye. I knew what she would do and I just had to see it. She looked over and looked at the display on my treadmill and saw that I was burning more, so she cranked up her speed right away and jogged. I still burnt more. She just doesn't get it. A person who weighs more, burns more. I walked at 3.4 mph at an incline of 3 to 7.8 and burned more than she did jogging without an incline at 5 mph. She is just super competitive. Now I know why my other sister says she hates working out and doing things with JEn. She's even a little miffed that I made it on the dean's list for our spring semester at MSU and she didn't.

Well gotta work on the laundry and get going. Since Nicole is feeling better we are going to eat lunch at the park and go to the swimming pool. She had breathing problems yesterday and the day before but the albuterol makes her sick. What fun!

Chris
Old 06-27-2006, 12:21 PM   #3  

Janice-WTG!! You have really lost quite a bit!
Old 06-27-2006, 01:15 PM   #4  

Chris,
I want to join the gym! Reading your posts makes me gym-sick!!! I think the whole thing with your sister is funny (although I know it must be really annoying for you!). I'm the "competitive" one in our family---but I don't take it that far!

Hello to everyone!!!!!!

Miss you Gayle!

Cheryl
Old 06-27-2006, 01:34 PM   #5  
Focus on the Process

Cheryl...it's been kind of tense with my sister but when I saw her do that last night, I just wanted to laugh out loud. It was hard to keep that one in. I do think she may be jealous to a point because its hard to look at the difference in our body sizes and that I can keep up with the rest of the skinny chicks...esp her. Just wish the weight would disappear. I was so happy about lifting weights last night. We hadn't done it for almost 2 months and I thought I had lost alot of muscle tone but I found my weight lifting card in the file and checked it against what I was doing last night and I haven't changed. That was nice to know.

Well gotta go. The swimming pool is calling. Me and Mrs. Competitive are taking all the kids to park for lunch and then to the swimming pool for a while. That's 8 kids worth. Wish me luck!

Chris
Old 06-27-2006, 01:35 PM   #6  

Quote:
That's 8 kids worth. Wish me luck!
LUCK!!!! (and LOTS of it!!!)
Old 06-27-2006, 07:20 PM   #7  
Focus on the Process

Thanks for the luck....

It actually went good but man is it hard to keep track of them all in a pool of what seemed like a sea of 1,000 little people heads. We made it home with all the kiddos accounted for and Nicole is sleeping off her day. SO that is good. She's still breathing a little hard so the rest will do her good. WHen she wakes up, I'll give her a breathing treatment and she should be set for the rest of the night.

Check back in a while...

chris
Old 06-28-2006, 05:55 AM   #8  

Ladies, I feel like I lost my best friend yesterday. I went to the podiatrist, and he told me I can't run for 4-6 weeks. I am going to try and bike on Patty's old bicycle, but it's just not the same. I am so depressed over this. I normally earn 35-40 AP's every week from running. The weight and exercise benefit is just 2nd to the fact of the mental solitude it gives me. What am I going to do? My foot is wrapped up. I have plantar facitis and a bone spur. I also have to take Celebrex. He said I can't walk either. Oh, and I have to wear enclosed shoes, which I don't have any that I can just wear around other than my ugly running shoes. I am so bummed!
Old 06-28-2006, 07:11 AM   #9  
Janice

Shelley - I can imagine how upset you must be. Running is such a big part of your life. You have to get well first. Have to listen to the doc. Are you having surgery? I don't know too much about what you have. Is it caused by something? Hang in there girl!
Old 06-28-2006, 11:37 AM   #10  
Focus on the Process

Shelley...
So sorry to hear about your foot. I know it's very disheartening but get that foot healed up and you'll be up and around in no time. I know how depressing it can be when you get limited on the things you love to do. ((HUGS)) Keep your chin up and stay strong.

chris
Old 06-28-2006, 12:00 PM   #11  

Shelley, girl, I feel for you! Please do what the doctor tells you to, though--you don't need to do permanent damage to that foot!!! I know that part of your worries stems from the fear that you'll find it difficult to resume running regularly when the 4-6 weeks are up. Try not to worry about that because WE ARE HERE TO KEEP YOU MOTIVATED!!!!

I had my yearly dr's exam yesterday and I'm depressed now. My ob/gyn asked me if I had considered gastric bypass surgery to lose wieght. I'm telling you all, if that isn't a slap in the face that you need to lose weight then NOTHING IS!!! I am so in shock that she even suggested that--I've always considered that a last resort for "FAT" (sorry) people who couldn't lose weight--so basically, she told me that I'm "FAT." I wish I could more adequately describe how that made me feel, but I can't.

I am definately re-joining the gym NEXT WEEK. I'm going to try to go every day after work. I may not be able to go regularly until my summer class ends on August 3rd, but I HAVE TO JOIN NOW!!!!! Have too.

Sigh.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:02 PM   #12  
In it for life!

Shelley,

Sorry to hear that the doctor has limited you so much. I don't run (boobs would black my eyes! ) so I can't relate. But I can relate if I was told I couldn't dance!

Hang in there.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:12 PM   #13  
In it for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myself
I had my yearly dr's exam yesterday and I'm depressed now. My ob/gyn asked me if I had considered gastric bypass surgery to lose wieght. I'm telling you all, if that isn't a slap in the face that you need to lose weight then NOTHING IS!!! I am so in shock that she even suggested that--I've always considered that a last resort for "FAT" (sorry) people who couldn't lose weight--so basically, she told me that I'm "FAT." I wish I could more adequately describe how that made me feel, but I can't.
Wow, sorry to hear that your doctor suggested that. Did you tell her that you are against it? My best friend had that surgery about three years ago and lost 146 pounds. She is super tiny now (Size 0/1) and I think she looks bad. A 12-year old has more curves than she does. She didn't exercise along the way and her legs look like chicken neck skin (my daughter's phrase) and are saggy. I would rather shed mine slowly and keep the firmness of my skin than to look like that.

I wouldn't give that another thought and you rejoin that gym and stay OP and show her you can do it without the surgery. We're here to help you!
Old 06-28-2006, 04:08 PM   #14  

Cheryl-How awful of your dr. to say such a thing. Sounds like she has no bedside manner. I would be switiching drs. immediately! I have a friend that had the surgery years ago, and to this day she can't eat more than a little bit of food at one sitting. She is still quite large though, so surgery is not always the answer. Yes, you are right. I am afraid that I won't get back into the running habit again after not doing it for so long.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:52 PM   #15  

Arrow Debbi, Suzy and Erin

Quick shout-out to the ladies in the NE area---Debbi, Suzy and Erin (if you ever lurk)-------------------

Hope you're all warm (but not too warm) and dry where ever you are!

Please be careful up there!

Love ya,

Cheryl
Closed Thread