Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 06:34 PM   #16  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

SUSAN... So are you maybe going to move to Hawaii? I can't believe that the girls wouldn't just jump to that suggestion; mine sure would! I think that is really neat about the ceremony for your dad, and also the family getting the plack, thanks to you for speaking up. Why doesn't your ex work more with you regarding the girls? I just don't understand how he doesn't see that things would run much better if he did! I'm going to go crazy here pretty soon in this heat!! Where is Cristi, she's supposed to rescue me!
Old 06-26-2006, 06:44 PM   #17  
kitty Momo

Michelle I think I could only go if the girls would go with me. Before there was an issue with Gabsters dad but he hasn't seen her in a year now. I don't think the courts would keep me from going knowing that, or would they??
Anyway- we have 2 round trip tickets on our miles thingie. Can't we just have 4 one way tickets instead?? .....logical to me. I would just sell everything and take pictures and clothes - it is a wonderful escape at least thinking about it.
Ex just likes the control while wondering why the girls are the way they are...he has raised them. I haven't had a voice in much of it. lol......

awww, I dread 45 minutes when I have to leave my AC office!! It should be cooler tomorrow Michelle hugs to you!!!
Old 06-26-2006, 08:26 PM   #18  
ugggg.....

I just wanted to pop in and say hi!! Lightning and thunder and flash flooding...o..my... Feeling a little better--muscle relaxer help the tightness but made me into a zombie. Got the other prescription today and it has helped with the edginess.....

Hopefully the storms will pass!!
Old 06-26-2006, 10:15 PM   #19  

On the 5 oclock news, they said that someone called in from a town that is about 15 miles south of us, and reported it was 118F!!!
Old 06-26-2006, 11:29 PM   #20  
time to focus!!!

S/C/G: 279/245/170

Default blah

ok were almost done.......ya!!! have to be at work at 6 am, but i get off at 2 to go to the dr.......woopty doo
thanks for the offer susan but i think we can get one here lol.
i will keep everyone posted on the dr visit.
night yall
shawna
Old 06-27-2006, 07:56 AM   #21  
ugggg.....

Good Morning--quickie post before starting my day. The anxiety pill is making much more calmer--if I can just make it until my co-worker/friend makes it back at least part-time I will be okay.

DD & her friend have painted their little house--I saw the color samples but not the finished product yet. DD's friend is a art major and has a good eye for color. DD's bedroom is blue of course, DD's friend bedroom is a rose color, The bathroom will be decorated with rubber ducky's--(DD already has shower curtain and some accessories-They painted the walls blue and the cabinents Yellow & got a border with ducky's., The kitchen is a pale yellow that they liked better on the sample paper--the say it looks white not yellow--they are deciding to go with a darker yellow or go dramatic with turquoise to match DD's turquoise and lime color dishes. The living room is a pretty coral color and I forget the color of the dining/computer/study room. The place needs a little work since it is older. DH is concerned that some of the locks on the windows don't work so he is going to fix those and the breaker box is actually outside so he wants to put a lock on it too so only the girls can get into it. His main concern is that since it is older--will the girls have problems--DD smiled and hugged him and said that's why she has him!! He will grumble about it but get it done. The landlord is older and actually installed a better lock on the back door and is getting a deadbolt & chain for the front one--he wants the girls to be safe. The house had been empty for awhile and a bunch of guys from the college lived there before. The yard needs some work so we will go over on Friday and clip,weed whack & mow again. The landlord paid someone to do it, but it was not done very well or finished.

Well I gotta go!!

Last edited by jules1216; 06-27-2006 at 08:05 AM.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:06 AM   #22  
RosieKate

One carrot for me - I'm down 1 pound!

Sorry - today's a drive-by....I have to get some work done on these curtains...hoping to get them done before we leave on Saturday. Ok now fellow Oregonians here...all day yesterday I was thinking, you know, If I'd wanted this kind of heat I'd live in Phoenix! It's not part of the deal, man...Oregon is supposed to be MILD.... Mild I tell you It's a state full of people who get cranky when it hits 82 and it hasn't rained in a week...oh I need to calm down...crazy from the heat...Hub saw a sign on the street at some garage that said it was 112....of course all I think is that it's global warming..going a little nuts

I took the kids to the pool by the high school yesterday and it was a lot of fun - great way to beat the heat, but it's 10 bucks a pop....the outdoor pool is really nice on a hot day, but I may end up taking them to the community center next time as we have a family card there.

Well, other than that not much else happening here. DH and I saw Hairspray the musical on Sunday and enjoyed it very much. MIL treated us for our anniversary...what a sweetie. The rest of the week is all about working on the house and getting ready for our road trip to Condon. I'll be back later to chat some more...until then have a great day everyone!

Old 06-27-2006, 11:07 AM   #23  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi all! DH & I have been working on painting the new guest room we had added in the basement. We have a partially finished basement, just need to finish with a drop ceiling. We have a full bath down there and no one uses it so we decided to put in another room for a guest room. Hopefully, we will get all the painting done and things put together down there before July 4th since we will have a house full for a few days. I want to find a pool table for the rec area down there also. I want to try to find a nice one really cheap second hand. Since we would only be doing it for fun now and then, I don't want to dump a ton of money into a brand new one. Maybe sometime soon I will find one for free in the paper..yeah right! Stranger things have happened though!

Owie! I have bad rug burn on both of my knees. DH & I each had one of our kids on our backs last night 'riding the horsie'. We were going around and around the house. I was wearing shorts so my knees are burning big time. It was a blast though.

OK...one more 'whine'. I spent all day Saturday getting caught up on my landscaping work. I was wearing a spaghetti strap tank and got a nasty sunburn right over my tan. It is still sore...the worse when I am in the shower. Ok...can't whine about that after all - it all was my own stupid fault.

How are you all today??? Everyone having a fun ole time of it today?

I just gave my baby girl a big ole zerbert on her tummy and she tried to give me one back on my face...I just got another shower! She is so stinkin' cute!!!
Old 06-27-2006, 11:11 AM   #24  
kitty Momo

grrrrrrrrr, I wanna maime children!!! They aren't ready to go!! I was on schedule until I realized they were still in bed whining why they had to go to the ceremony for grandpa - and if they went, they didn't want to be seen *eyes roll* get the frick out of bed!!!!!

Good Morning! It is another *&^%$%^&* hot day!!! My sister , who doesn't drive asked me if I had AC....she is such a car snob. Has no children, never been married. I have the kids mobile.....of course her nose turns up at my filth,,,,,, hey!!! you never know when you might be hungry for a chicken nugget - certain to find one in my car.....might even have some sauce on it.....bets are around Gabys chair.....hehe

ugh.....I am late - gotta go.

Hi Jules, Shawna ,Michelle, Cristi, Bep , Kathy and Katy (congrats on the pound)!!! Chat later
Old 06-27-2006, 01:30 PM   #25  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya Chickies

Can't believe the temps you ladies in Oregon are having. Have to agree with you Katy about it being global warming. Hope it cools down for you guys soon. We are at a cool 72 and only supposed to get up to 87. But the 90's are back tomorrow for the rest of the week. I haven't seen 113/118 since living in the desert in CA...the highest it got was 118.

SUSAN...there are support groups, just haven't found one yet. I have been looking online and found a lot, can't remember where but was kind of looking for some place close to home...there's got to be something here I mean, we have a stinking Air base here. I'll find something, soon I hope. Have a nice time at the ceremony and wtg on getting the plaque given to the family...but who get's it? I too can't believe that the girls wouldn't want to go to Hawaii! But at the same time I can understand them not wanting to leave their home and friends. But it would be a new adventure for them and I think they would like it.

MICHELLE...it is hard knowing that Josh (DS) will be heading to Iraq. Not so worried about Kuwait, although anything could happen there as well...just really worried about him being in Iraq. I watched the world news and saw where those two kids were killed and they thought beheaded, and then yesterday a kid was home because he had is arm shot off. Really need to quit watching the world news.

KATY...WTG on the one carrot! I think that is the only way to spend the day with 100+ degree weather...in a pool! Bet it was busy there. Glad you and hubby enjoyed Hairspray.

SHAWNA...hope all goes well at the doctors today. Glad you decided to go and find out what's going on. Reminded me that I haven't had my yearly, ick. Just hate going.

JULES...I am loving all the colors in DD's house. I too am into color...maybe not the bright colors they are doing but I love color in the house-it liven's it up. The only room that is white is DS's (Jason) he hasn't decided on a color yet. Anyway, love the duckies in the bath...sounds so cute! The turquiose made me think of my Aunt...she was into the southwestern look and colors and painted her refrigerator turquiose. That's all anyone talked about for a while and I kept picturing this horrible looking thing. Finally went to see it and I thought it looked good. It was turquiose but it wasn't bright and didn't look out of place...it looked good. Glad DH is a handyman...that does help doesn't it? Glad the meds are helping you and hopefully the co-worker/friend gets back to work soon to help out.

BEP...you never know missy...I got a piano once for free...just had to pick it up. Did some damage to my dad's truck getting it home but it was his fault so...lol. We moved and had to get rid of it...was just too big to move. Pool tables are nice to have. We had one or actually DH had one when I met him...when we bought our first house together he decided it was too big a pain to move, which I know it would have been but still would have liked to have it-love to shoot pool. We also had a ping pong table...that's fun to play too. Now our basement is just a family room, office, two bedrooms (one is used as an exercise room) and bath. I bet you can find one cheap though. So what color are you guys going to paint?

Not much going on...I over slept again. Don't know what is wrong with me. I went to bed at 9:30 but didn't go to sleep. Was watching How to Get The Guy-anyone seen that? It's a reality show about four women trying to find the guy. I did watch it all and then fell alseep with the t.v. on. Set my alarm for 6, not sure why so changed it this morning at 5 to 7. But didn't get up until 8. Geez, I thought I turned over for a minute and a hour had passed. Feel so tired lately. The weather still wasn't so bad when I finally got to the park. I did work up a sweat though...walked three miles, four times around the park. Then came home and cleaned my bedroom, made the bed, cleaned the bathroom and vacuumed my room and Josh's room, and the hallway. Now just need to dust the living room and dining area and clean the kids bath and vacuum. And that's about all I have for now.

Hope everyone is having a nice day!

Chat with ya later!
Old 06-27-2006, 04:13 PM   #26  
ugggg.....

Popping in real quick for Cristina:

A friend gave me this website:
http://deploymentlink.osd.mil/deploy..._support.shtml

Last edited by jules1216; 06-27-2006 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:39 PM   #27  

HIYA GIRLIES I am SO ready for a cool down here! It's still supposed to get up to 90F today, and in the 80s the rest of the week. It just hasn't completely cooled down in our home yet.

SUSAN... I hope your day goes good and the girls don't give you any problems at the ceremony. I bet there will be lots of people there, because of how well known your dad was. Try to just stay cool though!

CRISTI... I can't wait until our weather cools down some so that I can get back to my exercising and taking walks up at the park. My DD has been wanting to go, but it's just too hot for me; with her being smaller, the heat doesn't get to her as bad as it does me.

BEP... You and your DH are so good to your kids, and you have so much fun with them! You are such a good mommy!

JULES... The colors of your DD's house sound so neat! I bet she's having lots of fun doing the decorating. I'm glad your meds are helping, and hopefully things will be fine until your co-worker gets back!

KATY... CONGRATS on the pound down! Hope you have fun and stay cool in the pool!
Old 06-27-2006, 07:44 PM   #28  
ugggg.....

I didn't think we'd make it home tonight, our road is almost to deep to drive my little car across and then the driveway has a small creek running across it!!

Michelle ma belle--nice to see you back!! They are having fun.

Cristina--all the colors are really soft--unless they do go with bright turquoise or lime green kitchen!!

SuzyQ--hope your doing okay & the Gabster is feeling better...

Bep--I miss the kids being little--not in the I am having an attack of empty nest syndrome and want to cry or have another baby sorta way, but in a look back and smile kinda way!! They were soooo cute and soo much less trouble!!

Katy--yes for the one pound loss!!!

Shawna--hope your Dr's visit went okay and he can get you feeling better!!

Well I brought some work home to do and I want to get it done before I take the muscle relaxer before bedtime!!
Old 06-27-2006, 07:51 PM   #29  
ugggg.....

PS--it looks like ALL the groups in this whole bottom section will be moved!!! I hope I don't get lost...I mean were only in kindergarten--I don't know if I am ready to be thrown into highschool and being crushed in the crowds!!!!!
Old 06-27-2006, 07:52 PM   #30  
ugggg.....

I guess it's my turn to talk to myself, but I really have to go!!! I have homework!!!!
Closed Thread