Old 07-12-2006, 06:50 AM   #151  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile *yawn* Good morning!

8/2/1, Baby! Yup -- still going. And it's getting easier to get the harder parts of the challenge in (that would be meditation and fun ). I did go to the beach with DS and DGS but it was like jellyfish soup -- nowhere to launch oneself without being swarmed. I don't know if it's just the height of the season and right stage of the tides or what, but holy moley! I've never experienced that before. I dunked myself a couple of times and lay on the sand, made a little sand sculpture and watched the boys make a castle. It was still nice, although I'm going to have to try again soon. I love me some beach!

Had a little trouble getting to sleep last night, maybe the fullish moon. Maybe the extra coffee I had early in the afternoon. Will have to be more careful today.

Katrina, that's you and Ceara both had the experience with the sugar water. I may have to start trying it, although I'm a little fearful... Wow -- pmsing and not hungry? hmm...

I've got a cottage on the shore booked for the last half of August. I really think I need to live on the ocean, yup.

Good luck with WI!

Kaylets, our words of the day are related to technology in some respect but we do try to make them interesting. Monday's WoD was Nikola Tesla. He invented the radio and developed the first alternating current device -- but Marconi, Edison and others typically get credit for his achievements. Today's word is breathalyzer cell phone. Our freelancer suggested that it was probably created by a bunch of editors to prevent writers from drunk dialing

WSW, this is it, huh! First around the block today? HUZZAH!!!

Let's make this a good one!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:13 AM   #152  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Well they're having a great time messing around with my schedule...I'm beginning to hate work.

Another good day on top of the wagon....gotta go to the eye doc's this am...so a fly bye...
Tally:
1. water ******* ******* **
2. Road walk ***** ***** *
3. No food after 7 pm. ******* ******* **
4. 2 glasses of wine/week. -1-/ -1-
5. multivitamin ******* ******* **

wsw today is the day right? Clutha, Kat and Arabella, you are all in the same ball park.....WTG! Jellyfish....ugggh. Hpnotq, at least the scale was going in the right way...I find I get lax if I'm not on it daily....start playing mind games! to y'all....we are all doin' great!
ceara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:05 AM   #153  

Ceara, 12 pounds!!! I have to keep an eye on your ticker because you are so quiet about your losses.

Sorry about work -- sucks sometimes, huh.

Me too on the scale thing. I've sworn to weigh daily ever since I weighed after a long hiatus (maybe a year?) and found that I'd gained close to 40 pounds, all "without noticing."

Old 07-12-2006, 12:03 PM   #154  
the sword bearer

Thanks Arabella...Yes I'm heading for "virgin" territory here....I'm still in the 15 lbs I've gained and lost a gazillion times...once I break this decade, or actually just hit it, I'm "virgin"...like years.....it is kind of exciting. Keep in mind that the ticker is since the 22nd of June....the number above reflects the challenge.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:53 PM   #155  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Well I was gonna start again, but I think I'll be MIA for a bit. We're having to send our computer in for service, and my only options are to go to the library (and sit with a bunch of little kids goofing off and being incredibly loud) or use my laptop (on dialup...it's excruciatingly slow lol). Good luck to everyone...you're doing fabulous!!
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:20 PM   #156  
a work in progress...

hypnotq: Good luck to you...but you don't have to give up on the challenge just because you can't post...hang in there and tell us about your progress when you get back!

wsw! Our hero! Congratulations on 21 days! On to block 2!

Arabella...I'm a beach girl too...just wish I had a "beach body" to go with that persona! Ah, but that's what we're working on here! You know I had one of those 40 lb weight gains "sneak" up on me too! :freak: If only those lbs would just turn around and sneak away now!

I must further comment on the sugar water...this morning when I got home from work, I decided to take just a wee catnap before my doctor's appt. Dontcha know, I slept right through and missed my appointment. Once I rescheduled, I went right back to sleep til 1:00. Woke up and I STILL wasn't hungry. As a matter of fact I still haven't eaten, but dh and I are planning on going to see "Pirates of the Caribbean" this afternoon, so we'll go to lunch first. I'm holding out for that.

Interesting that such a small amount of sugar could sustain me for this long. No wonder we gain weight! Think of how much more we consume than is actually necessary for survival!

ceara...I was nodding vigorously in agreement over the "virgin" weight! I have a long way to go to get there, having gained and lost the same 50lbs for years! This time WILL be different!

Okay, someone's getting impatient here...and I haven't even done my hair yet! Gotta run, back later!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 07-12-2006 at 07:29 PM.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:15 PM   #157  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Alright...starting tomorrow I get my challenge going again.

Rules:
1) take a multi vitamin every day
2) eat at least 3 servings fruit/veggies per day
3) exercise at least 20 min every day

When we get our computer back, I'll let yall know how I'm doing
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:22 PM   #158  

Well, ta da! Today is the 21st day of my "drink 8-10 glasses of fluid a day" challenge and I have done it. Some days it was close and I'd drink 3 of those glasses right before bed time and pay the penalty of 2 or 3 mid - nite potty calls. But I did do it.

So - for my next block .......

I will endeavor to keep my calories under 1800 (divided into five or six smaller meals).
There will be one day each week when I can go higher (to confuse my lazy metabolism). I am at the end of my third day of "good" eating. I have a doctor's appt 3 wks from today so the timing is good.

Of course I hope to continue (or improve) the liquid part but I'm not going to count as closely. It should be a habit now.

I've also been managing some good regular exercise. Tai chi twice a week, pool work out 2 or 3 times a week and an occasional walk and yard work. Today was tai chi and some yard work.

I have lost no weight (alas) and go up and down waterwise, esp if I have eaten out (salt) as I did last night. I remind myself that I'm looking at health and lifetime and the rewards WILL come.

Forgive the me--me but we're expecting a storm momentarily and I want to get off computer.

Hooray for all queens.
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:01 PM   #159  
wsw

just a quickie before i jump in to bed. congrats anagram, on day 21! and to ceara for the weight loss, and to all our royals-you're doing great! made it to end of this challenge, and tomorrow will figure out what i will add to my challenge- block 2. nite all! you are the best!
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 06:38 AM   #160  
the sword bearer

for wsw and Anagram. WTG! You each did 21 days! What are the next challenges? Inquiring minds really need to know!

Tally:
1. water ******* ******* ***
2. Road walk ***** ***** *
3. No food after 7 pm. ******* ******* ***
4. 2 glasses of wine/week. -1-/ -1-
5. multivitamin ******* ******* ***

Well, I have programme #3 this am....only 2 more and I will be done after that....then I can read adult books for a change. So, I plan to walk either after dinner, or after the programme and before lunch...whichever happens. That being said..,.I have to boogey. Where's Eydie these days? Was she going away? And the Empress?

Last edited by ceara; 07-13-2006 at 06:44 AM.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:39 AM   #161  
deleted2

Hi all! I'm still here. Just haven't been able to get on in a few days. No more pounds lost since my initial "whoosh" of 5 pounds, but that's just how it is with me. Trying not to be disappointed. Had a bit of a sugar-free ice cream binge around the Fourth and still feel like I'm scrabbling to get back on the wagon!

Off to a doctor's appointment and then to work. I'll check in later!
Old 07-13-2006, 08:06 AM   #162  

Post Another morning dawns in the summer palace

I had a good reminder yesterday of why it is I don't eat wheat. The day was going along well, had completed all parts of challenge except for the food thing by 9. DS and DGS came over and I fed them and DH but somehow didn't get around to feeding self. Drove DS to work and was suddenly ravenously, tummy-threatening-to-digest-self hungry. I'd made them tuna sandwiches on whole wheat, 12 grain bread and was dying for one for myself. I got home and made one and scarfed it down and then another. Not a problem, core-wise, because I did have the points. But then I was exhausted and brain-dead all afternoon AND craving sugar. Yup, that's why I don't eat wheat. Not good. I managed the sugar craving with a chocolate-yogurt banana-PB thing that I stuck in freezer, but I wasn't actually hungry and it didn't make me feel good. Even if it didn't put me off track plan-wise. 9/2/1

I realized afterwards that I hadn't done the Shangri-la thing the day before. And I guess it's not likely going to work if I don't give it a good shot. Onward!

Hoooorrray for WSW and Anagram, first s around the block!

Eydie, funny how even SF ice cream can do that, huh. Have had the same experience. It's a great product, but I've decided that I can only buy it if it's for a dinner where it'll be shared out among a bunch of people.

Anagram, weight loss is the ultimate result of these healthy habits we're forming. If we concentrate on developing the habits the weight loss will happen.

Katrina, I've got to lose about 30 pounds to be a virgin again That'll be going back about six years, I think. Funny how the years slip away, though. I feel like it's not that long since I was within 10 pounds of my acceptable range. But, in fact, it was going back 16 years. Ah well, we plug away and we get there.

Ceara, 12 pounds since June 22nd is INCREDIBLE!!!

Hokay-dokay. I'm gearing up to go for a little woggle, I am. And then aiming for a putter-y kind of day. Along with work, of course. Hoping to putter my house into shape betwixt and between whilst also managing to have some fun. I've got construction workers outside the window right now -- might be fun to practice my vocal exercises

Avanti!

Old 07-13-2006, 10:09 AM   #163  
Got to be in it to win it

S/C/G: 239/203/174

Height: 6'

Still here and still doing it. Last night I managed a 20 minute swim followed by 45 minuted of a aqua circuits class. Good fun and exercise - so today I make it the seventh day - Yay go me.

Everyone else looks like they're doing really well especially those of you who've reached the 21 day mark. I'm trying to think of what the next one will be and I think it's going to have to be night time snacking!
Clutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:16 PM   #164  
the sword bearer

Well Jeepers...if inquiring mind would read for content, it would know...sorry Anagram. I see yours...sound quite reasonable.
WTG! Clutha....you're going to break into a new century soon! Night time snacking is a biggie for me...it leads to a little night-time wine and then we're off....boom, onto the dirt. Long fall off the wagon bench. I'm just better not to start...I drink water. Or escape to bed. Don't eat there unless I'm sick.

I'm gonna walk after supper...then I can jump into the pool after...Can't do that now...I have make-up on and have to go back to work.

Arabella...how's it woggling? Hi Eydie!
Avanti!
Old 07-13-2006, 02:48 PM   #165  
wsw

so for my next block, i wil continue with:
-drinking more water.
-regular daily exercise program
-daily meditation
-1200-1400cals/day
-using my food journal daily
and will add for block 2:
-have fun daily (to borrow from arabella!). wish that one were a no-brainer for me, but unfortunately, it isn't, so need to consciously work on it.

man, this heat has got to go! it is just clobbering me. well, so far so good on beginning of block 2. hope everyone has/is having a good day.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote