A Few Good Friends/18

You're on Page 1 of 14
Go to
  • Hello and welcome !! Glad to have you with us! we are a group that caters to friendship over everything else. Along with our diet and exercise journey we have discovered that having friends to talk to about all lifes ups and downs have helped us reach our goals! Please feel free to jump in and make yourself at home, here on A FEW GOOD FRIENDS!
  • Hi!!!
    Glad you found us!!!

Just going to head off to bed in a few minutes,just had to get this thread underway!!
    Looks like going to the lake on Wednesday is still up in the air, If I don't go I will be meeting a bunch of moms at the park for a picnic with the kiddies, should be fun!
    Starting to get the itch to lose some of this weight again, I hope that itch sticks around till I reach my goal this time!!
    Have a good day/evening/night everyone!
    W.
  • hi just popping in!
  • Hiya SWEET!!! Long time no chat!! Hope to hear how the packing and such is going....
    OK, G'night, catch ya on the flip side !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • hi there. counting down now to move!!! 6 days to go eek

I am totally exhausted. I woke every 2 hours last night. I guess I had too much water as I kept waking to go to the toilet. And then of course I had an early start (by my standards) to get into the lawyer’s office for today’s settlement conference. That was pretty draining. It’s a lot of arguing and you have to keep your wits about you. also at one of the breaks the judge said that he felt that their case was better than ours and tried to push for settlement. It was very emotional having to think about it and make immediate decisions on such a large amount of money when I have my lawyer saying we have a good case and the judge saying he has doubts. Very big turmoil and stress. emotionally draining. i ended up eating total crap today so it was disastrous in that respect but at least that part is done now. we have to full hearing in 6 wks time.

lots to do before the move. still organising things and i have ongoing commitments. toastmasters tmrw night...
  • Sweet Pea~ Sorry you are having a rough time with the settlement Hope all goes well for you.
    6 days!!! better get crackin' girlfriend!!! Wish I could help!!

Today I have managed to sit on my fat behind for all of 1 and a half hours,it's been go go go all day!!
    Ryan is in the tub and will be in bed ASAP and then I'm going to have a bath and RELAX for awhile and go to bed early(I hope )
    Take care, chat tomorrow,
    W.
  • Hey Ladies,

Glad to see that you're both well. My long weekend was unexpectedly extended by two days due to food poisoning! Not the best way to end a weekend - especially in hospital! Spent all of Monday sleeping and reading and then left work early yesterday. Finally feeling better today, although still eating cream crackers and coke! One up side is that I fitted into my size 12 (8) pants easily this morning! The weekend was ok, going to the Game Reseve was nice, although with all the rain it was very overgrown so difficult to see the animals. Did see rhino, giraffe and a sleeping hyena! Have been working so far today, but now it seems to have petered out again.

Will take the week off from exercise and start again next week.

Mwah
  • Good morning!
    Meg~ sorry about the food poisoning!!That's horrible!Glad your feeling better
    Today I feel like poop. I have thrush from my inhaler and my allergies are really bad I feel like I have a really bad cold, but I really don't!Better go and get some meds to clear everything up!
    Have to go get some fruit and veggies today and other healthy food.I have decided that I have to get on the "DIET" wagon and lose some weight. I scared myself last night wihen I got on the scale before bad and it said 141lbs!EEK!That's crazy!! Today it says 138 again but it was enought o put me over the edge!
    Have a wonderful day/evening/night ladies!
  • i couldn't post last night. i was very cross i typed everything in but the server was down and it wouldn't post grrrrrr

trying to remember! countdown to packing still going on so i am busy. starting to feel better and on top of things so that's good.

have ballroom dancing today - whoppppeeeee

wendy - don't fret about the weight. the healthy approach with your fruits and veges sounds good, and i'm sure your bum isn't fat hehe

meg that food poisoning sounds nasty. hope you're back on top of things and take care of yourself and rest up
  • Hiya girls!!
    Just got back from the store and got my fruits and some veggies. My mom and I take turns cooking supper, usually over at their place now so I tend to only buy stuff for breakfast and light lunchs for around here.And the rest we go halfer on because we eat dinner together so often! They live right next door so it's nothing to run back and forth with food!!lol!
    So get this!!! I got asked out on a date!! Unfortunately I'm already trying to find a way out of it I like the guy and all BUT I'm being silly and don't usually give people a chance CRAZY GIRL!!!! I WILL GO ON THIS DATE!!!And I will probably enjoy myself, it's not for a week or so so I'll let you know how it went!
    Sweet Pea~ Have fun dancing!! I'm jealous!!
    Well, bed time soon, g'night all! Chat tomorrow,
    W.
  • Wendy - the date sounds good. I'll have to live vicariously through you! I'm doing the internet thing, but so far it's only been email/sms/phone flirting. Hoping to meet up with some of the guys soon. I'm feeling a bit better, but had to get up early this am and take an anti-nausea pill. There is apparently a tummy bug also going around, so may also have a bit of that.

Sweet - Good luck with the move. It will be wonderful when it's over and done with. My mom went to go and get details about her new place yesterday and on the weekend we will be going tile shopping! I think that she is now really looking forward to it.

My diet will start again next week. I'm supposed to be going for breakfast on Sunday and the place we go has an AMAZING buffet - so no lunch for me! Hope that I'll be able to do it justice with this dodgy tummy.

Must go, plans to print.

Mwah
  • Quote: Wendy - the date sounds good. I'll have to live vicariously through you!
    Me too! i did go on a date earlier this year but i never fancied the guy i just did it because i didn't know how to say no!!! wendy go for it. have a little fun. it doesn't have to go anywhere but all the better if it does i met a cute guy the other day. no idea if he is single or if our paths will cross again. we'll see

i'm pretty exhausted today. i went to my prvte dance lesson this afternoon and she said she might have a partner so i went back for another class this evening. looks like i can go regularly. its not exactly what i want as they also do old time and new vogue but it's exercise and a foot in the door to doing it regularly
  • Hi girls, just back from our playdate with 3 other moms and 6 kids!! Wow, Ryan had fun!! Nice to meet up with people with kids once in awhile!
    Have to throw him in the bath as he is covered in sand..
    catch ya later!
  • i feel the same way about playdates for my dogs but there aren't any places here to meet other dog lovers ...
  • It's Friday! Yay, but a major cold front has hit and it feels like the Antarctic here. Tummy still dodgy, so now drinking stuff from my brother who uses it while cycling. It does mean that I've drunk nearly a litre and a half of water already today which is a lot more than the rest of the week! I'm supposed to go out for breakfast on Sunday, but won't be if my tummy still dodgy.

Wendy - always nice to meet up with people with similar interests, even if just the fact that you all have kids. I don't do that enough and need to start! Pity that it would have to be around other people!

Meg