Weight Loss and Chit Chat #199

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Hello and Welcome to the Jaded Ladies.

We are a group of ladies that come in for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting! So please, won't you join us?
  • I didn't do WATP but went for a 2 mile walk instead. It was humid after the rain, but not too bad. Hopefully I can get back on track with walking outdoors...it feels good.
    I watched Oprah today and saw the guy who lost over 500 pounds without surgery. Also the 12 week boot camp with Bob Greene. I am sure it was a re-run, but got me motivated AGAIN. My biggest habit to break, and challenge to myself this week...not eating after 8 p.m. I have been eating low fat snacks, but I am going to say nothing at all after 8 p.m. Oprah was drinking a cup of tea before bedtime...so I guess I can drink, just not nibble.

Didn't really do much else after the house was picked up other than dinner and clean the kitchen. We had chicken tortilla soup tonight. I watched Jeopardy...Cristi, I am a big fan too.

Talk to you all tomorrow....
  • Sue,,,you talk about cracking the whip like you know what you are talking about...scary...lol Don't mess with Sue! I have started drinking herbal tea. One of the things Dr. McKenna said was drop half my caffeine (coffee) in half. So for warm drinks,,,I have been drinking blueberry bliss, herbal tea.

Alex,,,congrats on the new home.... you are so lucky with all the trees..very nice. I have 1 tree,,,a sapling really. And I planted acouple of bushes in the back.

Connie,,,welcome back...sorry to hear of the infection.

Marti,,,I cracked up,,,the Lone Temptation. As for the whip,,,its my list Monte is reading off of...lol That must of been nice to have a few more hours with James...

Shel,,,sweetie believe me I know the call centre drama! And like you I cry when Im fusterated,,,well actually when Im really angry. And you have got to be so proud of yourself for passing the junk.

Jules did you have the bake sale yet?

Robin,,,lime no salt,,,and I bet you know what Im talking about!

Double dang wouldn't you know it...I really wanted that job with Wayne, didn't get it...had a job offer, and didn't want it and they keep asking me to reconsider. 2 things on the job list made me take a step back...one is must be able to work with a diversified group of people...and have thick skin. ahhh no thanks Ill wait for the next employment train to come by. Seriously that sounds like I will be jumping out of one frying pan into another.
    I told Monte to take pics of the house so you guys can see what I have been doing...darn I should of done a before and after since its totally different. New curtains and all.
    I had a wonderful clean day of eating,,,and drinking all my water...plus more with all the tea. I went for a walk,,,feeling good. Just need to remember to eat more protein...its what is helping me with my sweets.
    well going to go check out the want ads.
  • Hi Ladies, just stopping by. But wanted to say for all the support.

I did pass on the snack foods but we did end up eating McDs for breakfast. So oh well. Today I didn't do too bad. We ate at a Mexican Restaurant with a friend and I got a HUGE plate, but I left more than half of it! I only ate the chicken and avacado enchalidas and my potatoes, I left the rest. I did have a drink but after yesterday I really needed it and I didn't even finish it, hub did.

Later on hub and his friend got some pie and I did eat two small pieces of pumpkin. For my last meal of the day/night I had ONE (NOT two!) roast beef sandwich on whole wheat bread and some pasta salad. So okay may not be the most wonderful things to be eating, but a lot better than I have been doing.

Now I just need to get motivated with the exercising. I do keep doing those Denise Austin things when I think of them. (holding in your stomach for 5 sec and your behind) But that is about it for now. We haven't gotten out walking and its been a scorcher here and its going to be even hotter here today! So I am thinking of finding a work out DVD to do that is not too hard for me. I have two, one is pilates and one is a tougher workout that I really struggle with. So I think if I can find something more simple for me to do for now, then at least its something. Or maybe I can scan the cable listings and find a work out program on tv to record daily.

Oh and we got a call from fil. Not a call to see how we're doing or if we are going to come over to visit. NO. A call to see if hub would come over THIS week (on one of our days off) to fix a computer for mil's friend. This is the computer mil VOLUNTEERED hub to fix for HER friend without even bothering to ASK hub first. So hub just simply said, "We have things to do this week" and we do. We have to go out to my mother's today to fix her computer, but she called us about two weeks ago and ASKED us too. Hub is not feeling too well, but if anything if she brings it half-way we can meet her and bring it back here, fix it, and then take it back out to her when he's feeling better. (my mom lives an hour and a half away from us)

So we'll see. He took a nice hot shower and is relaxing a bit now before we got to bed. (we work thirds so we keep our schedule even on our days off) I even got the bed stripped and remade already this morning. Now I'm getting very sleepy. For some reason I've been very sleepy today. Don't know why.

Everybody kept asking me if I was okay today. I don't know if I look tired or run down or something??? I was okay just tired. Maybe lastnight at work just took it out of me. Probably even better to meet my mom half way or maybe schedule another day to go out. Plus its going to be so HOT and our air does not work on our car right now and we don't want to drive our truck that far with its radiator problems. We fixed it but don't feel comfortable driving it too far yet.

Anyways. this has turned into a small novel. lol.

Take care and have a Great Day!
  • Good morning, ladies,

Sue - not eating after a certain time sure does work for a lot of people. I betcha it will work for you, too. About the man who lost 500 pounds, can you imagine! Makes our weight problems seem a lot more doable.

Angie - yikes, you're right to wait for a better job. If they want you to be thick skinned, you know there's going to be tons of stress involved, lol. I'd love to see pictures of your house.

Sassy - have you tried WATP video? If you start with the 1 mile DVD, it's could get you started. How nice of your MIL to make plans for your DH, lol. I like your idea of compromise.

Today I'm going to go out and move some geraniums that aren't getting enough sun. I want to do this before the temps rise. Then I really have to swiffer the house and get some laundry done.

Have a good day, ladies!
  • Morning All!

Marti... Thanks! I read in this forum once that someone said, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" (ok that is a lie but it is also true)

Connie... Welcome back & Hopes for a speedy recovery!!!

Sue... My willpower? Hmmm probably the fact that I still do 18 flights of stairs a day trying to tone up my butt (yes it works) but do I want to do extra for a piece of pie? nope I figure when I get to where I want I will incorporate desserts back in very slowly.

Jules... Thanks! oh my dd was so proud of herself for doing those laps. I just hope they retest her. Which they should - I will know this Thurs afternoon how she did

Angie... NO SALT! icky We made our margaritas in buckets (have you done this?) I like the green ones. You pour in your tequilla (ok I like tequilla) and then you mix it all in the bucket & freeze it overnight & whompa there you go. It is awesome & powerful if you use enough LOL

Well yesterday I thought I was going to go to bed early until my gf called all upset so over to her house I went. She leaves today for Korea (she took a teaching job in Pohang, S. Korea. Exciting yes, she will be gone for a year +. She is just now realizing she really leaves today! So for fun to take our minds off it, we dyed our hair LOL. Well my dark brown dye turned my reddish brown hair BLACK. Her blond hair is now brown. I told her at least she won't stick out as much (yea right she is like 6') lol. I am gonna miss her. We set up a blog for her because the phone charges will kill us when we used to just walk next door.

Good morning to everyone I missed!
  • Good morning. Beautiful day here but supposed to get up in the high 80's. We are going to see my SIL and BIL in a couple hours. Going to their favorite little diner. I am trying real hard to plan what to order...and going to TRY to not let the menu suck me in.
    I felt so good after walking last night that I decided to weigh this morning. Skipped it yesterday feeling like I had gained. Well, I didn't gain but I didn't lose. After the week I had, food wise, I was pleased. Now I am on a mission to get those scales going down.

Angie, Who me, crack a whip, shy, innocent me? Surely you jest. Lol....

Jane, Yes, that was quite a story..500 pounds, yikes! I am taking baby steps again with making myself behave..so the no eating after 8 will be an improvement if I follow through. I told DH, no more late dinners..period! (and no, Angie, I didn't crack the whip)

Sassy, Oh do try the WATP videos. The 1 mile walk is such a great starting place. When I first started I could hardly do it, but she tells you to go right back to walking if you can't keep up. I felt like even moving for the length of the video was an accomplishment. Now I am better at it and really enjoy it. See if you can check one out at the library...at least you can try it before you buy one.

Robin, Bet your hair looks pretty...at least I hope you like it. I am going to TRY to improve on my willpower. Today at lunch will be a test.

Hi everyone...hope your day goes smoothly and the sun shines upon you!
  • Robin - how do you do 18 flights of stairs?? That would kill me, lol. I like the way you think - not doing it for pie. Sounds like you and your gf had a good time. Good idea about the blog. Katie had one when she was in Florida, and posted lots of pics. Four years is a long time, but will pass quickly. Want to post a pic of your hair?

Sue - maintaining is sure better than a gain. In the diner today, whatever you order as a main dish, order double green beans, and you won't have room on your plate for much else, lol. I do that in buffets. Green beans and tomatoes are our friends, lol.

Ok, I really need to get outdoors before it heats up!
  • Ok back for a sec before I run to WI (ugh)

Sue... Actually the color is growing on me a bit, it is dark that is for sure (my kids hate it) I think the more I go out in the sun it will fade out a bit. Sure can't redye it, I learned that lesson in HS LOL (can you say green?)

Jane... When I first started stairs was back in March. I thought I would die!!! I now do them in the am only (before it was 36, yes 36!) it is too freaking hot in the stairs here to do them in the pm too so I am down to 18 but I do 2 steps at a time rockin to my MP3. Once the 1 step was easy that is when I moved it to 2 steps. Yep I feel it & yep I am actually getting to be proud to say I actually have a butt & you can feel the muscle in my thighs (there's a first!). I got results FAST so I keep doing it, it is my stress reliever as well.

The girls here at work didn't beleive I did it, so I invited them to either join or watch me rock on past them which I did
  • Just wanted to pop in and say hi--I am home sick--hopefully I will be well enough tomorrow to get back to the heap of work on my desk!!
  • I'm back for a few minutes...

Robin - omg, I bet your leg muscles could crack walnuts, lol. I'm impressed, and I totally admire your persistance.

Julie - aww, hope you're feeling better. Will anyone at work help you with the backload since you were out? I remember when I first started office work, if I missed a day, I got docked, but still had to do all the paperwork from that day. What a ripoff! I didn't dare complain, as a young single mom, for fear of losing my job. Anyway, hon, I hope you're getting some rest.

Michelle - I know you have some stress going on with your mom's situation. Just want you to know I'm thinking of you, ok?

Marti - rest up and have fun with your sweetie.

Hello to the others.

I got the stuff for my patio and plan to string up the garland soon. It's so hot out I can't stand it. I think we get spoiled with air-conditioned houses, cars, stores, etc. and can't take the heat, lol. Neal said we need to wait until this evening to move the geraniums, so I'll take his word for that.

I'm doing well with the food today. One day at a time, right?

See you later, chickas!
  • Hello Everyone!!!

How is everyone doing? I'm alright. Just got off work about 1/2 hour ago. I'm going to meet a 17 month old boy I might be babysitting tomorrow. I'm excited, I hope I get the job! I've had a headache 2 days in a row now...I don't know why...its been so long since I got alot of headaches, I used to get head splitting headaches almost every day and then they just went away..It will be nice to get this babysitting job, b/c then I will be working full time, not one day a week, and my bf and I can save up money faster to move out! It will be nice to be on our own, and not have to worry about anyone else, my mom thinks I won't lose any weight until we get on our own b/c of all the stress here. I'm *thinking* of starting to write a "book" not to neccessarily publish, but to help me sort of some issues in my life, especially from my childhood, I think I am sub-conciously holding onto my weight for protection. I read an article in Self magazine a while back about how some people sub-conciously want to be fat to protect themselves, or to make themselves ugly so people won't pay attention to them.....anyway I'm not really on program right now..I've been trying to eat less and make healthier choices, I think my calories might be too low though, yesterday I barely hit 1200, but then other days last week I was anywhere between 1300 and 1800, I think one day I might have even gone higher than that...I ordered two Billy Blanks Tae bo DVD's and a Leslie Sansone 1 and 2 Mile walk DVD, I enjoy doing Billy Blanks workouts so I hope I like the two I ordered, and WATP will be nice for when I want a more relaxed workout.

ANYWAY! lol

Sassy Chick - I love Mcdonalds breakfast!! lol I'm rarely up early enough to have it though, which I guess is a good thing!! I don't know how you could leave half your plate of food, I'm so bad for eating everything, even if I'm full, but usually only if we eat out, b/c I don't want to waste the money spent on the food!! It is a habit I need to break I know...don't worry about eating too much, it's just one day, I have a bad habit of giving up if I have one bad day!

Jules - I'm sorry your sick, I hope you feel better soon!

Cafe Ole - lol I've had some bad experience with dye, I should just stay away from it! lol I tried going blonde once and ended up with brown spots all over, then I tried to dye it back dark brown and it went black!! My best friend Ashley told me it looked "awesome" and I would "make an awesome goth" lol I laughed at her, I've tried going blonde sooo many times and it never turns out right, which is weird b/c I was born blonde and I was blonde up until I was about 8 or 9 when it started going brown! lol Maybe I will need to get is done professionally for once! Anyway I hope your friend enjoys Korea, I would be so nervous about moving to a new place, with a new language, does she speak Korean?
  • A quick good evening to you all. I had a pretty good day and got my walk in tonight. AND nothing to eat after 8 (if I make it till bedtime) I am hoping to start doing the WATP in the mornings and walk outdoors at night. The evening walk works best in this heat.
    Food was my friend today, but I have no idea how many calories....I need a calorie counter.

Hoping for a great weigh in next Mon.
  • wow...nothing on here? Noone? Yikes.

No time for me to gab this morning either. We have a showing. Just asking for the "good luck fairies" to watch over us. Fingers crossed...

• Good morning ladies,

I'm so happy the server is back on after being struck by lightening. I thought maybe it was just my computer, lol.

Trixie - so glad to see you back here! So how did the meeting go with the boy and his mama? Did you get the job? I hope so. I agree that stress can throw off our good intentions to lose weight, and it's just one more thing we have to deal with, lol. My DD who's 19 writes all the time. She journals her own life, and writes short stories, too, based on her life with her friends. I think it's a really good idea for you to do that. It can help you sort out your feelings, although it sounds like you've already begun that. YGG!!

Sue - yay for not eating after 8PM. And good luck on the showing today. Hope you pop back in later.

Hello to the others.

Wow, the same line of storms that got the server here also got us. We were w/o power over 4 hours last night. Which means no water, either, since our water pump is electric. I read by candlelight, lol. Just call me Ma Ingalls.

Back later.......