Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 01:52 PM   #31  
Losing it!

Happy Fathers Day To All The Dads & Hubbys Of My Favorite Chickies!!!

Have A Great Day!
Old 06-18-2006, 11:26 PM   #32  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hey all..how was Father's Day? Of course, dh decided to start yet another project...landscaping the front yard. We still haven't got the house finished with the painting. I don't know what to do. I'm gonna have to paint as much as I can this week. Kelly is just gonna have to buck up and do the high spots for me. I hate ladders and I hate heights but I'm not about to let the house be unfinished all summer. That drives me nuts to have all these things uncompleted.
But it has been a great day. The kids fought some but that's about normal around here anymore.

Talk to you tomorrow.

chris
Old 06-19-2006, 05:27 AM   #33  

We had a nice Father's Day. I made the spaghetti. We gave my dad and Mike both USF hats. I am going to Tampa on Friday with my parents to celebrate my SIL's mom's 80th birthday. She's having a party on Sat. We will be coming back on Sat. I hope I can fit into something!
Old 06-19-2006, 07:08 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Good weekend here. Got most of the closet back together and even ironed the things that needed ironing! Everything that is in the closet right now, I can actually grab and wear! IF it doesn't fit, or needs mending or something, I am not putting it back in. So project is taking forever!
Sunday we went to see the movie, "The Break Up". It was ok. Not my favorite, but a good movie for a hot day, and in the air condtioned theater!
We also bought a new vacuum. The purple Dyson, the animal one. What a great cleaner! I feel like I am doing an infomercial, but I love that thing! I hate to vacuum, but that is one great cleaner! I have no idea how, but it really gets the cat fur off the couch!
Old 06-19-2006, 08:34 AM   #35  
Losing it!

Debbi, when I was in the market for a vacuum, I priced the Dyson. At that time I was just going off of product reviews and not word of mouth. Happy to hear it lives up to its promises. I purchased the Hoover Fusion, which at that time was the younger "less advanced", cheaper version of the Dyson available at Walmart. It has been a good vacuum for the money.
Would you like to come clean my closets? Sounds like you ventured into quite a chore!

Shelley, I'm glad you guys had a good Fathers day! Sending vibes to Mike today that he hears back about the job. Have fun in Tampa! I bet SIL's mom will be thrilled to see you on her 80th!!

Yesterday was a busy day! We had church early in the A.M. then we went to the cemeteries to place flowers on both of the graves since it was Fathers day. Then home for lunch and to prepare for the party! It went off without a hitch!! We had brisket, BBQ sausages, pasta salad etc. My Aunt makes the most AWESOME HOMEMADE mac & cheese ever! She brought a huge baking pan of it and almost all of it was gone. We then finished out the evening with a cake & ice cream. Soooooooooo.....needless to say, I did not stay on plan! Mom had fun and enjoyed the evening and that was my main concern. I wanted her to feel special and remember her 80th birthday.

Well, off to by puppy food before our special one with a special diet starves because I am completely out and she is missing her designated feeding time! She is underfoot as I type! She thinks just as soon as I'm up out of bed, I should be feeding her. Then on to the bank and countless other errands.

Hope you have a great day!
Old 06-19-2006, 08:47 AM   #36  
In it for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdeann
Linda, if I worked in a coffee shop with all those goodies, I would be rolling instead of walking!
When I first went to work there, I don't know how much weight I gained. It was horrible! But I got tired of being the only fat person that worked there so I decided to do something about it.

I'm OK with the things there now. It's become a challenge to me to see if I can resist temptation. So far it has been working great and I've managed to get rid of the weight so far.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:47 PM   #37  

Gayle-The party sounds like it was wonderful!

Linda-I have seen the Dyson. I'm sorry that I bought the Hoover Windtunnel a couple of years ago. It doesn't work well at all. The Dyson is quite pricey, and at the time I hadn't heard much about it. Lucky you!
Old 06-19-2006, 06:25 PM   #38  

We just heard, Mike got the job!!! Yay! He starts this Wed.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:49 PM   #39  

So happy for you Shelley, what great news!! Wishing Mike (and you) all the best!

I have been busy putting the closet together. Looks great and is wonderful to be able to see all our clothes and know what is in there. Everything has a place. I do have more shoes than anyone I know, and am having a bit of a problem finding space for all of them! I did get rid of three pair already, which for me, is a major thing!
Still loving the new vacuum! I can't believe how well it works!

Chris, I know what you mean about starting projects. We moved the beginning of Dec and this place needed so much work. We knew some of the problems when we moved in but as we went along, we discovered more and more problems. So we have been living in a construction zone since then. The end is in sight. I will actually miss my handyman when he isn't coming around every evening anymore! He is part of the family after all this time! Hope you get some projects finished, Chris! Good luck painting! Wish I lived closer, I love to paint! Just can't do ceilings.

Gayle, sounds like a really special birthday for your Mom! Hope you got your errands done!

Hope everyone else is having a great day!
Old 06-20-2006, 08:53 AM   #40  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Shelley ~ That is the best news I've heard in a long time! I'm so happy for you and Mike!

Debbi ~ I know how much you are looking forward to having a place for everything and everything in its place! Hang in there...it won't be long now and you will be able to just sit back and enjoy your new house without all the dust and construction!

Gayle ~ It sounds like your mother's birthday party turned out perfectly! I'm sure she really appreciated all the work that you put into planning her special day.

Linda ~ I read somewhere once that losing weight is like trying to learn how to ride a bike. You can put training wheels on and just half way do it, but you really can't learn how until you take the training wheels off, get on and make up your mind that you ARE going to do it. That's the hardest part! Sounds like you have made up your mind that you ARE going to lose this weight and that is what keeps you out of the goodies at work. Good for you!

Chris ~ How is the painting coming?

Dee ~ You really need to start thinking about a wireless hookup for your laptop so you can type from the pool house!

Tim got home earlier than expected on Sunday, so we ended up spending the afternoon with Tim's dad and step mom and then took them out to dinner at Applebee's. It was a nice day.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:41 AM   #41  
Losing it!

CONGRATS TO MIKE!!! YIPPPPEEEEEEE!!!! I KNEW HE WOULD GET IT!!!!! I hope you can start resting easier now Shelley. Maybe the reduced stress from Mike finding a job will help you feel better too.

Suzy, I'm glad you were able to share the better part of Fathers day with Tim.

Debbi, your house sounds like it is looking really nice! You love to paint??? Must be those paint fumes getting to you girl! LOL!

Chris, did you get your painting done? I am scared of heights too.

Linda, you have did a great job resisting temptation at the coffee shop. I love donuts, but I also know the smell really gets to me if I walk into a donut shop. It is way too sweet and sickening. Maybe it can be the same way working around other sweets and goodies so much.

Where oh where is our little Cheryl??? Dee is at the pool I'm sure! Janice? Everyone else? Did ya all forget us???

I work today, then home to start preparing for our trip. We will leave Thursday around 4:00 in the morning so you guys won't hear from me then until late Monday night or Tuesday sometime. I need to go get the stuff so tomorrow we can make jello shots. It's juvenile, but everyone gets a kick from them. Last year we made about 150 of them, filling a huge cooler, they were gone by the 2nd day.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:26 AM   #42  
In it for life!

Shelley, I know that is a load off of your mind with your hubby getting this job. My ex worked construction and he traveled a lot and it always was stressful when he was between jobs. That was enough to depress me and I always ate whenever I was feeling depressed. I must have been depressed a lot!
Old 06-20-2006, 11:14 AM   #43  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

FYI group- We didn't even get to touch the painting. Of course, when you have all these BIG plans, the weather won't cooperate. ARRGGHHH!

I had to work yesterday so I walked for 20 min. during my breaktime and then went to the gym last night and did another 40 there. Amazing for me lately!

Sorry so short but my sis will be here shortly to drop of her kiddos. Check back later, when I feel a bit overwhelmed and ready to pull my hair out.

Chris
Old 06-20-2006, 12:22 PM   #44  

HUGE news today! I stopped into Kohl's today and tried on a couple pair of shorts, I actually fit in a size 12!!! I bought them just because they were
12's! I am so excited!
Old 06-20-2006, 12:30 PM   #45  

Just popping in to say HI to all my friends.

Shelley I am so glad that Mike got the job. I am sure that there is alot less stress in your house now. Do you think this job is better than the other job he had?

Gayle I remember those jello shots you made last year. Boy would I love to come and party with you. Have an awesome weekend. I will be thinking of you because Country Fest is my kind of party.

Suzy you are right about a lap top for the pool house. I have thought of it. If I had that I wouldn't be so quiet here. That's where I am heading now.
I just can't miss the nice days.

Sorry I didn't post a personal message to you but my Royal Prince will be home for lunch and I wouldn't want to keep him waiting for his Princess.

Love you all.
Closed Thread