3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Pointer Sistas Challenge: Week #5 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/86681-pointer-sistas-challenge-week-5-a.html)

Jane 06-12-2006 09:46 AM

Pointer Sistas Challenge: Week #5

A great points-counting challenge idea that came from Angie. So far it's been a hit and so we'll continue on each week, Mondays being the starting point.

Here is what it's all about:

The rules are simple... you get to earn 4 points per day, that is a total of 28 points per week. If you get 25 points or more, give yourself a reward. It doesn't have to be big, a new lipstick, pocket book, a pedicure, or time for you, just you.

You can earn 1 point for drinking all your water, 1 point for eating clean, 1 point for your workout, and 1 point for doing what ever you forget or avoid. ie: taking your vitamins, or tracking all your food intake...this is something you can decide.

At the end of the week tally up your points. Make this fun, and remember you do deserve a reward...
:gift:

Jane 06-12-2006 09:51 AM

Ok, here we go again! I'm more motivated this week because my church is doing a 6 week mind/body/spirit thing starting 6/22 and I have to be in a good place mentally, for weight loss and healthy eating before then.

Plus, I really enjoyed the feeling of success the one week that I did get all my points. :cp: I want that feeling again. So I've got my food journaled, the water is on the way, I've had my vitamin already, and I promise to get on the gazelle afterwhile.

Here's to us, ladies! :cheers: We CAN do this.

da fat n da furious 06-12-2006 10:03 AM

Yup a new week... taking my vitamin right now. 1 down...3 to go...*smile

jules1216 06-12-2006 10:32 AM

Took my vitamins this morning and started in on the water and calorie counting!! Will exercise tonight!!

They are doing a biggest loser team contest here at work for the next 14weeks--the team I am on weighed in this morning at 2092--with up to three more people that need to weigh later today if they want to participate. They are also doing a wellness program where if you drink water, get enough sleep etc you get points and if you get enough points you will get a $20 bonus each month. If you maintain the minimum points for 6 consecutive months you get a $50 gift card from Dick's Sporting Goods store, for each additional three months maintaining--you get a $25 gas card and every 12 month period those who have the needed points get put into a drawing for a three night vacation package or an extra paid day off.

Marti 06-12-2006 12:09 PM

This has to be the week for me too! I got a total of 21 last week....21!! So darn close yet not close enough.

I will be doing the same darned thing....only I plan on getting more exercise this week!

Heres to a better week ladies!:carrot:

Jane 06-12-2006 04:09 PM

Okay, ladies, I know what I'm playing for now. I ordered some hibiscus garland to go around the top of the ceiling of our enclosed patio, and a parrot for the wall, and some flip-flop and sunglass ornaments, too, to hang from the vertical beams. Although this is a little over the top for one week, since my track record has been (much) less than acceptable, I'm bringing out the big guns. The order will be here on or before June 22nd they said, but I will NOT use these things until I've earned the points. I just love this idea!

I feel like I can really do this, but often feel that way on Monday, lol. Let's see how I'm feeling by .... mmm, Thursday.

Angie - I'm so glad you started this whole idea.

Julie - wow, the people at your job are making it worthwhile to be healthy, huh?

Marti - hop to it, sista! :D

da fat n da furious 06-12-2006 08:24 PM

Jules, that is a fantastic insentive eh? Id be all over that...maybe I should get something like that started at work.
Jane,,,you have more will power then me,,,and since you do,,,this I think will be a great way of keeping you on your toes.
Marti,,,you and me Sista we are holding the back end of this challenge and now we need to get up there with the rest of the pack..ahem aka Jane.
I want an Ipod thingie...same as Robin's. Trying to think how I an fit it into my challenge. If Im good for 6 weeks at $50. a win...and I saw a Ipod at Costco for almost 300. My thought is,,,either I work for it,,,OR wait for my birthday...but Sept is so long away....

Jane 06-12-2006 11:27 PM

I'm reporting in for today... 4 points! :cp: My exercise was walking outside instead of the gazelle. It was such a pretty day, it seemed like the thing to do. Our road is hilly going south, and I could really feel it in my calves.

Angie - I like your idea of putting back $50 a week as a reward. Goodness knows this is worth that much, lol.

I'm headed for bed... I'll check in sometime tomorrow.

Marti 06-13-2006 12:44 PM

Happy to say I got my 4pts in yesterday. In fact, as soon as I got off the computer I got on the gazelle. Which is what I have planned for today.:D

Will report later on for today.

4pts total

Jane 06-13-2006 06:12 PM

Yay, Marti! See, I knew we could do it.

I'm doing great for today, too. I behaved myself at lunch at Wendy's by ordering the grilled chicken sandwich, with only lettuce and tomato, and the oranges, and water to drink. Since I don't like pop, water is my usual drink choice anyway.

My motivation is running high. I want the patio stuff! Also, I want to stay OP for the group study of my church.

da fat n da furious 06-13-2006 10:45 PM

lol Jane,,,at first I thought a small reward would be fine...heck Im up to $50. just to get 25 measly points...measly I say? Not. Each point should go on the stock market...lol Its worth alot!
Marti,,,fantastic! So you feeling better?

total- 6

Marti 06-14-2006 01:56 AM

Only got 3 in today. I started to gazelle it but the nerve in my leg was just to much to bare. So unless you count the 10mins I was on the thing......

3pts add that to yesterday

7pts total

Yes Angie...feeling much better in the head....but looks like it worked its way down to the legs!:D Must be signs of old age!

Jane 06-14-2006 09:35 AM

I got 4 for yesterday, too. My exercise was chasing Caylin around in the yard, and playing kickball with her. She's quite a handful!

subtotal = 8

Jane 06-14-2006 08:08 PM

So far, I've got 4 points for today, too. I watched Everybody Loves Raymond while I used the Gazelle, which made the time go fast.

Angie - heck yeah, list these puppies on the big board on Wall Street, lol! They're very valuable. I can't wait to get my stuff for the patio, lol.

Marti - if your leg is too hurt to do the gazelle, how about trying some arm exercises or something so you can still claim your point? I think if you can't exercise, it shouldn't go against you.

da fat n da furious 06-14-2006 08:47 PM

Marti,,,being hurt is no fun...and Jane is right,,,being unable to exercise shouldn't count. Perhaps..drop your points to 21 and you need to get 19?

Today is a good day...going for the gold,,,I mean 4 points!
total=10