Old 06-24-2006, 08:25 AM   #136  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Well, I'm back to day 5 today on logging in fitday. The kids and I took the day off to go play and we were gone most of the day. I thought about trying to log my food at the end of they day, but was too tired so I'm taking a pause.

Day 5 on exercise was good though. Part of what we did yesterday was to go play disk golf. That gave me almost 2 hours of walking. Part of it was even pushing a 30 pound 2 year old up steep grassy hills in his stroller when he got tired of walking! Hard work, but fun! I think we all needed a break with all the craziness around here lately.

Red - Sorry things are rough for you right now. Hate to see you take a break from this, but if that is something you feel you need, then take it. Just come back soon!

MyOwn - I'm so sorry about your dad! That's so hard to have to see someone you love not doing well. My prayers are with you.

akacutie - Keep up the good work with the journalling!

citychick - Hope you're feeling better. Don't worry about your challenge being a flop! We've all been there. Just pick things back up as soon as you can.

Hope the rest of you are doing well.
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:47 AM   #137  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Wink 10 to go!

Hi all. I haven't come up with another challenge yet. Well, I just don't want to immediately start another one. But the journaling challenge continues. I am finishing Day 11. Decided to take my remaining pause days, as the last two days I had not written everything down and could no longer remember for sure. So, I have to do 10 days straight, no pauses! I can do it!

dj -- Things are sounding good with you. Thanks for the warm words of encouragement. I feel much better today. Am hoping I can turn a corner. The workplace is like a very bad relationship and things are weighing extremely heavy on my mind. Normally, in a relationship, someone would either be shown the door or I'd be out of it. This isn't possible really right now, well, I'm not ready to do that with work, but what I can do, is cut emotional ties to certain co-workers. That's what I've been thinking I can do at least and I think that has helped me get some calm perspective now. Let's hope it holds! And, I'll hang around here a bit more if I can come up with a challenge that holds my interest.

Last edited by redballoon; 06-25-2006 at 04:39 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:51 AM   #138  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Wink house Buying can kinda suck

Day 5 of my challenge is complete although I think I ate a little too much. I managed to avoid going to the various fast food places with about 5 blocks from my house.

Red I'm buying a condo in New Jersey, but I live in the outer reach of NYC. So since things seem to go quickly in my price range, I get up at about 5 am , leave at 6 so I can get to NJ by 9 and look at houses before I have to be at work before noon. I put in an offer on something, but the owner mother just passed away so waiting with all my available body parts crossed.

I don't get home till 8 mon wed and fri, so would be a big ole lie to say I would try and do exercise everyday.

My and the boyfriend are stable, the problem is we live 2 hours away and he is taking advantage of the fact,so I said we can put us on hold until I can move closer to he has to follow some rules and regulations. Surprisingly, He chose the rules and regulations.

I did get up (in the heat, no AC) and do the 2 mile walk so getting back on track

/Obie
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:53 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/135

Height: 5'9"

Hello there girls,

Red and djstorey thanks for your thoughts and kind words. This has been a real emotional rollercoaster for now he seems to have snapped out of it. One day he is on the brink of death and two days later he looks like once again he might make it to Christmas. Of course the doctor has warned us that things can change like that over night and not to get our hopes up. But it was so nice to tell him, I love him and hear it back no matter how weak his voice is.

I will be back tomorrow with my challenges and hope that I can stay on track.

Good luck girls
MyOwnSaboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:24 PM   #140  
PinkSnowDays

S/C/G: 260/250/150

10 days of exercise done!! Lots to do today catch you girls later!
PinkSnowDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:50 AM   #141  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Well, so that's three challenges finished - I've been keeping a food log for three weeks, I've not eaten chocolate for three weeks and I've not eaten those crackers which are so easy to overeat for me!
Finished all those yesterday, actually, without any pause days, but I did an extra day with chocolate today - I drank a cup of hot choc on Saturday, and while that wasn't eating chocolate as such and thus not really a cheat, I wanted to make it up anyway.

Finishing Day 16 on no food after 7 pm, and I think it's Day 1 for a new food logging challenge. I'll see about starting anew on the other two in the next few days.
I'm out of work again, no need to get up in the mornings, so today is also Day 1 on getting up before 8 am. And it was supposed to be Day 1 on an exercise challenge, but I've sort of forgotten about that... so will start tomorrow.
So that's 3 challenges completed, 1 in progress, 2 started and one or two or even three to be started soon.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:58 AM   #142  
Never give up

Talking Hurrah for Sushi!!!

Triple winner!!!
CON
GRATULATIONS!!!!
SUSHI!!!!

Last edited by redballoon; 06-26-2006 at 07:03 AM.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:26 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/135

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone,

Well I am back here like I said I would be with my challenge, which is doing my Billy Blanks contact video which will be a level 3.

WOW Sushi, way to go, congratulations on a job well done.

I gotta run be back soon,
MyOwnSaboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:20 AM   #144  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Thanks Red...
I must say the "no food after 7 pm" bit is getting a tough test tonight... I'm awfully hungry for some reason, despite having had a delicious filling dinner...
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:26 PM   #145  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Busy day today! Just wanted to report in real quick. Days 6 & 7 on exercise are good. No actual workouts but lots of errand running and laying floors, moving appliances around, etc.....

Logging my food on fitday will have to start at day 1 today. We were so busy over the weekend that I didn't get everything logged and couldn't recreate it. Anyways, floors here are pretty much done now and life is slowly getting back to normal so I should be able to do better now.

Hope everyone is doing well!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:25 PM   #146  
PinkSnowDays

S/C/G: 260/250/150

Hey ladies, took a pause day on my exercise today but I did do some HEALTHY shopping tonight and ate under my calorie mark! I seem to be a night owl lately... I'll lay in bed hours wide awake. I need to start getting back into a reasonable routine.

Wednesday is my first weigh in day since I started... hopefully I will see some change.

DJ - laying floors... what a workout. I helped my father do a room when my parents built their house and got a good enough workout just helping out!
PinkSnowDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:56 AM   #147  
Never give up

Talking the old and the new!!

Hi all. Tuesday evening here. The journaling challenge continues. This is Day 13 and I've been writing away. Yesterday I got to the gym and did crunches and just did them now so I'm starting a new crunch challenge and Day 2 is done!

AND, two more new challenges!!!! I am starting a new phase of CLEAN LIVING! That means good food, whole grains, brown rice, veggies, fresh veg juice, and, with conditions, no beer, no sugar, no processed foods... and I must exercise, exercise, exercise. So, Day 1 there.

Also, I am cutting WAY down on caffeine again and making that a separate challenge. ....Okay, today then is Day 1 on the caffeine challenge (level 3). I am allowed one mug of tea, black or green in the afternoon and my regular coffee in the morning, otherwise none!

With the CLC (clean living challenge) I am allowing myself to be imperfect! But, I will judge whether it was excusable or not...a little here and there of the things I want to stay away from is ok, PROVIDED someone else wanted me to have them (as in socializing where it's rude to refuse), but not when it is up to me, if I can easily say no then I have to...no one is forcing tons of junk down my throat or pint after pint of beer...so if I do that to myself it's a no-no!

Something just clicked yesterday and I decided to really kick A! The past six months or even longer, I've just been slacking so badly. And it is showing, in my skin, my weight, my energy levels...and I just want to clean things up and take years off again.

So, here's the tally:

Journal -- Day 13/no pauses left

Crunch -- Day 2/3 pauses left

Caffeine -- Day 1/3 pauses left

Clean Living -- Day 1/3 pauses left

Old 06-27-2006, 06:35 AM   #148  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Day 6 is a wrap, things are going nicely. I have some cravings, but seem doable. Still working on getting the condo and the boyfriend is helping me not pull my hair out over that. Hope everyone is going ok with everyones challenges.

Red, glad you're still around.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:48 AM   #149  
Never give up

Smile hi there all...

Obsidian -- Hi there! Yeah, thanks...I decided to jump in and go stronger than ever...must be all that energy from the good food I'm eating! Glad to hear your challenge is going well! for notching Day 6! Hope the condo works out..sweet of the boyfriend! That was a great save not going to the fast food places!! Those places are evil!

dj -- Good for you for keeping going! Glad to hear things are getting back to normal! Too bad about the food logging challenge, but nothing is really lost! Remember that!

Sushi -- Any time, Sushi! How did the after 7 challenge go on that hungry night?

MyOwn -- Welcome back! Tell me, what/who is Billy Blanks? Contact video? Is this a martial art of sorts?

Pink -- Glad to hear about that healthy shopping! How did the weigh-in go? : Great going on ten days down!!

Others?!?!? Where are you?! Come in and tell us what's up! It's no magic... ...just hard work...that's gonna get you where you wanna go!
Old 06-27-2006, 11:17 AM   #150  

hEY rED!!! pLS Dont leave us...we will be missing you so much...

no one can kick my @$$ like you ...LOL

sorry I havent been here much, lately i have no energy for nothing...i am starting to think that i have iron deficiency or something is missing in my diet...well hope you guyz still going strong on your challenges....
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote