Old 06-12-2006, 05:35 PM   #61  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I had a great day at the mall but for some reason I started out very depressed this morning....and anxious. What's up with that??? Maybe too much time alone?? WTF, it's always something I bought myself new cereal bowls and a loaf pan for my meatloaves. Now I am hungry! lol

Carla~ I forgot all about toaster ovens! My DD says to look at the new grills that have the pul;l off plates that can soak in the sink for easier clean. lol I am not looking forward to hot and steamy weather either! Phew!! I'll send some uniformed men your way....I share!!!! Take good care of the arm and let it heal right so later on it's not a bigger bother!!!

Shad~ too bad the bigger is married!! IF HE LIKES FROGS AND SUCH MAYBE HE WOULD LIKE A JOB CLEANING hAPPY'S POOL!!! : rofl: I'll keep a look out for a single guy...... any particular hair and eye color you find appealing? I would love a looooong train ride. Perhaps the Orient Express!!!

Madcat~ cuddle time with DH is a good thing. I am sure Martha Stewart would approve. Hope whatever team you ended up with won!! Instead of buying a GF grill maybe I should hire a male maid!

Holly~ same problem here too. Adware/spyware eroded my micro file system 32. Ate it to shreds and brought my newish pc down to it's knees! 2 days and over 6 hours later it was back up and running. I feel so empowered now that I did it(with Dell on the phone too....lol). Good luck with yours too!!

Teel~ no word from Linus yet and here we all are over in her territory!!! I never knew toads could make a dog sick!! YIKES!!! maybe I should get some toads so I can call the coppers out to catch them.....or maybe the firemen!!!

well Chicks it's getting late and I need my beauty shower, dinner and sleep so I better get a move on. Food shopping is first thing in the morning so I need an early night. Have a great one and a wonderful day tomorrow
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 05:50 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

My cable modem has been fried. Will call them tomorrow and get things squared away. I thought adaware and spyware was a good thing. They've got it on the work computer also. I will diffinately be taking those off my computer when I get home.

Not much else is going on. I've been busy today at work.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:58 AM   #63  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

I need to take a pass for a few more days. Lots going on here. If I sit down at the computer it will be once it's really late and since I can't temper myself to spend just 15 minutes, I'd really be seriously cutting into some much needed sleep. I have made a promise to myself that I will get no less than 5 hours a night.

I'll be back in a few days. Carry on. to the chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:28 PM   #64  

Just popping in quickly to bump the thread back up the first page. Hope everyone's having a terrific day!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:22 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Carla, I like your idea of the 500 mile bike challenge. If it's alright think I will join you.

Happy, I understand about the computer.

Mel--We love you know matter what is wrong with you. Is there any recipe's that doesn't require cooking in your new book? hehe.

Still nothing exciting.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:29 PM   #66  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Another day in Paradise (not). I had to take the car in for a service today. I hate having to break in a new car servicer. They love to charge like a wounded bull and you have no idea what they might or might not have done.

Busy day yesterday, but it was good to see Carla and Teel popping in. Sorry I didn't manage an entry. It sorted got kind of busy and I didn't make it home until seven. 6.30am to 7pm makes for a long day.

Now I had better go sort out the class for the day. I'll be back.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:31 PM   #67  
Happy September

Happy~ for you too!!! Hope you get the much needed sleep. See ya when things calm down.

Carla~ to you also and thanks for the bump. Looks like this place is barren!!

TODAY WAS SO GORGEOUS. SUN, GENTLE BREEZE AND LOTS OF SWEET SMELLING AIR FOR A CHANGE. i DID THE FOOD SHOPPING, PUT AWAY ALL THE REFRIGERATOR STUFF AND WENT OUTSIDE AND STAYED THERE TILL 3:30!! LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT TOO. IT FELT GOOD TO HAVE THE SUN ON MY SKIN......REMINDS ME I NEED TO GET SUNSCREEN. WE HAVE 2 BIRTHDAY GIRLS THIS WEEKEND....TEEL AND LINUS. FLAG DAY NIS TOMORROW. LOTS TO CELEBRATE THIS WEEK. TONITE IS A HEALTHY CHOICE DINNER. I BOUGHT A FEW ON SALE FOR DAYS I DON'T FEEL LIKE COOKING. MAYBE I BETTER GET A BIGGER FREEZER
HAVE A GREAT DAY TOMORROW

HAPPY FLAG DAY

Old 06-13-2006, 05:33 PM   #68  
Happy September

HELLO MISS SHAD!! HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
Old 06-13-2006, 09:00 PM   #69  

Ceejay, of course you can join the bike challenge. The thread is under the EXERCISE heading. I'm already hundreds of miles behind most of the others, and I need SOMEONE with less mileage than me... My goal is to hit the target by Labour Day. (That would be Labor Day - no "u" - in American. )

Mel, I envy you your Healthy Choice dinner! I took inertia to extremes and had a PBJ sandwich. On whole wheat of course.

Shad, where in Aus do you live when you're not away on contract? I googled my first love and discovered he lives in Melbourne and has done extremely well for himself. Involved in wind energy projects. (Just planning my sequence of visits for a someday trip to the Antipodes.)

Gotta go feed the cats before someone gets hurt. They wrestle each other (and claw my knees) when they're REALLY hungry.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:22 PM   #70  

I feel so out of touch with everyone here. Life is darn wonderful!!!
Today I was up at 6 and had a womens business breakfast meeting at 8. Sitter was here with the kids. It was sunny and 24C/78F. Perfection. Kids played on the slippery slider.I weeded to my hearts content. Tacos for dinner and the a church womens gathering. I had invited the guest speaker. So I went. It was fun.Came home and watered some shurbs. Had a few laughs with DH. I should be tired but am not.

I have been eating too much and it has started to bother me. Maybe it is finally time to focus on my weight again.

G'night worldly chicks.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:09 AM   #71  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I came back,

I've finished my class. They are a confused lot. Not sure if I made them that way or not. Seems that the Illawarra lot have not got the message yet. <----- Maybe I need one of these or maybe 1 for each hand.

Crikey, there is a few birthdays around and I have forgotten most of them. Drat. My sister is also on 29th of this month and Chris on 21st. They are probably not going to get an early one this year. In fact Chris' will be late, since I haven't even figured it out yet.

Carla, when not hiking around the countryside, I can be found in a small house on a small block about 40k south of Brisbane in Queensland and about 1/2 way to Mount Tamborine in the Gold Coast hinterland. If you are planning a visit, you need to come here in our winter (temps cool at night and around 20-24 during the day, no humidity and no bugs) but I would not suggest you go to Melbourne at that time. If the man is working on wind turbines he is probably incurring the wrath of the local people - who hate the environmental vandalism (their words not mine) so maybe carry a sign which says I may be with him but don't necessarily agree with him!!!!

Good to hear you up and chipper Holly.

And Ceejay. How far have we pedalled today??

Happy, sorry to hear that you won't be with us for a couple of days. Hurry back we will miss you.

Linus - get back here. Just for a couple of minutes anyway.

Teel - you came back. Nice to see you. What are you doing for your birthday this year???

Where is Raven??? Painter??? Suzi??? Meadow???

Mel - borrow the prod from LindaT and give the recalcitrants a prod please. I'll reach out to Suzi from here with me bit o 4x2 with da nails in the end. Glad to hear that you are having some really good weather and can go outside andplay for a while.

That's it, they are back! Gotta go.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:04 AM   #72  
Suzi in Auz

Hello all...just a quick one from me. Not too much to report, although I seem to have brushed myself off a little...a much better me TYVM!!!
Now quickly to SHAD. I would LOVE to meet for coffee with you. I live in the Sutherland Shire close to Cronulla, it's a little North of Wollongong and not quite as far as the city, sort of inbetween the gong and the airport.
I would love to meet you before JULY 1st. I can either come down to you or you can come to me . PM me if you like about it. I would love to chat further.
TIG I will try my darndest to get to you too. Please PM with details of addy and such to make it easier.
The trip it gradually getting closer, only 4 weeks away. I haven't been planning for that long and so was a little worried that all the details are not in place. I just need to trust in all the online books etc, I am a natural worrier.

Ok, must go and get some afternoon tea for these kids.
love to all and will catch up Friday. I have 1/2 a day as did a day on Tuesday in the city listening to someone telling us about changes to Centrelink clients and their payments, very scary what is proposed, for those who don't know Centrelink are in charge of all the benefits paid. The scheme was on "welfare to work!" The plan is to get everyone working for their benefit, otherwise they breach and don't get their benefit for 8 weeks. Kinda scary really esp for single parents, they are expected to go back to work when youngest child is 6. Children go into child care...but problem, no childcare available, only approved care will get rebate, it's all very scary with many holes. The clients we deal with at work will be so confused. All these changes happen July 1st.
The seminar was "information sharing" crap!!! It was more like dictatorship.
I am on my little soap box at the moment .
The "state of origin" rugby leagur game is on tonight....shad...go BLUES!!!
Love to all
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:12 AM   #73  
Happy September

Talking Happy Hump Day

It is incredible what a bit of sun and balmy breeze can do but I slept like a log last night!
No one needs anything from me today so it's going to be a day devoted to straightening up. Richie is supposed to drop off some packing material so I can get these boxes sent out. Willy has offered to take them off my hands by end of week or early next week. Seems his wife is not up to par yet. I sent her a guardian angel pin and card. She has been such a big help to me.
Time for brekkie. Have a great day....happy Wednesday

Carla~PBJ sandwiches are our favorite but we use butter on them also and sometimes toast. My Gram was English and butter went on ALL sandwiches no matter what was in them!! Watch out for the cannibal cats!!

Shad~ It sounds like YOU need the prod for the Illawarranians more than I do with this lot.
Don't hit them too hard....they're confused already!!

Ceejay~ you'll be pedaling across country soon! I'll lend you my map!

Suzi~ We have a similar program for wefare to work. Fails miserably at the best of times due to the same be getting excited about the upcoming trip!!!

Holly~

FOR THE MISSING CHICKS: COME OUT, COME OUT, WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!
Old 06-14-2006, 09:11 AM   #74  
Smackin' into a Wall

Carla ~ loved that Zen has many a cat dancer. Sounds like my cats. They walk around with these sad looks on their faces that say “we don’t have ANYTHING to play with” so I move the furniture and, voila, it’s like being in a Petsmart! Hmm, bike challenge that sounds interesting. I may have to check out the thread as well.

Mel ~ enjoy your day of calm. I hope you are feeling better today. You may be by yourself, Melly, but you are never alone – you always have us!!!

Holly~ So nice you to see you. Wow, things are just rolling for you, aren’t they? That is so great. I am with you – if we could have an entire summer of this kind of weather I would be very happy! Glad the Nerd was able to help you. I’m lucky, I married my nerd. I run antivirus and Adaware and SpyBot on my machine at home and I almost never have any kind of problem. Tour of poop?????

Tell ~ I have a friend who just got back from London and was telling me about the heat there. Geez, I hope it breaks soon. Stay cool!

Happy ~ Hope things calm down for you shortly. Work? Is it that pesky work again? Stupid work, always interfering with our lives. Come back soon!

Shad~ I have never really understood the objection to wind power. We have a huge turbine down the road from us and it is almost silent, doesn’t seem to be killing birds or squirrels or interfering with the natural order of things, and it provides enough power to take a respectable number of houses off the grid. Cleaner and safer than coal or nukes. And yet every time anyone suggests installing more you can hear the screaming all the way to the suburbs. I don’t get it. But maybe I don’t understand the “whole issue”. I am sure everyone will forgive you for being “not early” with the birthday greeting. You have been a tad busy. Hopefully today’s lot will be a bunch of sponges.

Suzi ~ How exciting it is as the trip gets nearer. Have you seen the Unofficial Guide to WDW, by Bob Sehlinger, Len Testa? It has a lot of valuable info about beating the crowds, free stuff to do, and insiders’ information, and it is not published by Disney so it is somewhat unbiased. I found it useful last time I was there (which was admittedly in about 1995).

Best go and do some work. I’ll try to think of something interesting to say later.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:14 AM   #75  

Just had some eggs on toast. my appetite is enormous. I wanted a big plate of spaghetti.( and garlic bread and salad)

“Hollyhock has added to her AVON dream...what dreams have already become
reality as well as future dreams. Hope this is what you are looking for.
My dream is to find a whole bunch of Hollyhock’s!”
District Manager

“And our Dream is to develop a whole bunch of district managers’s who can inspire this kind of Leader!”

National Leadership Manager-Avon

“What a story! We need more Hollyhocks’s at the Executive level so their
reach is broader to touch more women’s lives...”

Vice President, Sales. Avon

Still riding this wave!!!!

todo’s-
-fold laundry, 3 calls to make, groceries to be got, general tidying.

HUGS!!!!!!

Yes, Linda and I will exercise. Yesterday I cut grass for over an hour. I am thinking on the body sculpt dvd.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote