Old 06-27-2006, 07:55 AM   #151  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Home Ceejay! I am very glad the trip was so good and you had fun with kids and family. Nice to touch base and get to know Eli and Eva. Sorry to hear the bite was a bit of a bother. Hope everything will be ok now

Happy~ The Zoo sounds great fun and enjoy! Hope the vacation weather is good and you all have a grand time!!

Suzi~ I was never a gym person even before the chiar. I liked the outdoors better too for walking. I used the Mall trips for the wintertime. Orlando watch out!!! Here comes Suzi and she's strutting a new pair of shorts!

WHERE IS THE SUN???? Even the "grandson" is depressed!!! Jen is running out of ideas to keep the kids busy in the house. They go out as much as possible. Just so long as she doesn't bring them here!
I have already been downstairs to recycle and leave notes. that should be enough for today. I woke early and decided it was better this way. let them think I'm not "up" to being with them. I made the decision last night. I cannot afford to get "sucked" back in.......and I am such a SUCKER for needy people!!
Off to the shower and brekkie. Have a wonderful day
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:43 AM   #152  

Mel~ everything I love and plant in the garden seems to be what my Grandma had.

Late Avon meeting last night, then I watched Canadian Idol til 12:30. Up at 6 for a breaky meeting at 8am. just had a wee lay down with dd. 2 other kids just arrived. Lots to do but not feeling overly motivated.
Food has been good but struggling with some water retention.

HUGS!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:44 AM   #153  
Radiate self!

Mel-don't let them drag you into their dramas! Pretend they are sugar lumps and avoid those needy people downstairs, you don't want cavities The weather here is major warm, I'll take a huge breath and blow your way. Wait for the warm wind from the West, it will be me

Suzi-I'm glad your were successful in finding a decent pair of shorts. The kind in the stores where the butt cheeks hang out don't make a good impression. You are representing your country after all when you are in Disneyland Gyms smell

Ceejay-good that you did get that tick bite checked. Aren't babies fun to play with? They are just so new and delicate and precious. Good to hear you got back safe and sound.

Happy-Oh boy! Pandas! Have a grand time at the zoo. Take lots of pictures, share Hug your mom for me, tell her I'm glad she is visiting you too I hope all the siblings are behaving and not making her scowl.

Fruit salad, yummy, yummy
http://fruitsaladyumyum.ytmnd.com/
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:47 AM   #154  
Radiate self!

Hi Holly
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:42 PM   #155  

My black Hollyhocks are starting to bloom!!!!!! My late June-July garden is so enjoyable. Tiger lilies, primrose, salvia,daisies, painted blanket,late peonies,coral bells, blue bells, blue clips, lavendar, stella d'oro lilies,tickseed.............bliss.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:45 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Holly--Your flower garden sounds lovely. I can smell the lavender from here. What is tickseed? Nicole's, my niece in Louisville, flower garden was beatiful.

Mel--You sound like me in getting suckered in by the "i wants and needs" of the other person. I still have a hard time saying no.

Suzi--When is your trip to Orlando? Believe it or not I bought a couple of capri pants to wear in Louisville, but only took one pair. I don't feel comfortable in shorts anymore.

Happy-- I didn't realize that the Panda's were still in Memphis. Enjoy your vacation.

Hi to Shad, Painter Woman, Madcat, Carla and the others

It seems there is a rumor floating about me missing work Monday. I was really a very sick woman late Saturday night and early Sunday morning. The IBS flared on me. I called work on Sunday afternoon and told my co-worker that I was sick and then called my boss and told him. My co-worker is the culprit. Unfortunately, he's bringing up the other time I went to Louisville and came home sick. I was in bed for almost a week with a temperature over 100degrees, anxiety and depression from the death of my nephew. I want to ask my boss whether he believes me or the other person. Circumstancial evidence can hurt a person. His statement is "why did she not ask for another vacation day." I'd planned to come home on Sunday.

Had a phone call from the dermatologist today reminding me of the appointment on Thursday. I thought the appointment was in the afternoon but it's in the morning. I may pack up and spend the night with the aunt and uncle. It would be closer to go there and be in good hands at the same time.
She believed me when I told her that I was sick.

It's suppose to get down to 63 degree's tonight. I don't feel comfortable in leaving my window's open at night.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:05 AM   #157  
Happy September

Default A Message From The Land Of Oz

THIS IS FROM SHAD:
"Last night I finished up in the training room, closed my laptop down and voila when I got back to the office it won't go anymore. 3 Computers broke down yesterday and now the new laptop doesn't appear to have any internet access. Must be coming to the end of their own project life. So I will try from the remaining training room computers today to get onto the site but if I can't, I'll have to rely on you (sorry to burden you with the job - can't find anyone elses email address) to ferry messages back and forth until Sunday or Monday when I get home. Best thing about today is that it is Wednesday!!!! Only two more full days to go and today. And I am working in the same building as the twit.

Just tried one of the training room computers and it won't let me on either - maybe I have outstayed my welcome.

Flat is practically packed up, from tomorrow night I will start to pack the car and will clean the bits that haven't been cleaned so far. The fridge is nearly empty and I will be eating some most peculiar meals from tonight. Tonights dinner is Salmon with rice in one form or another after that it will be Healthy Choice dinners. Very few veges left so will not be a balanced diet for the next couple of days. At least they feed me here so I can make a pig of myself at lunchtimes I suppose. My strange landlord (lady) is supposed to be coming around with some papers for me to sign so she can pick up the bond as the last 2 weeks rent and still hasn't got here. I will try to ring her again today. I don't know what to do with the keys if I don't see her or him before I go. They are definitely not your usual landlords.

God it is cold down here. I want to hibernate all the time. I'm really looking forward to getting back to some warm and sea breezes and not the Antarctic blasts we are getting here.

Anyway better go and set up the training room ready for the lads and lasses - not that there are many lasses down here. It's real male territory. See yuh'

Old 06-28-2006, 08:33 AM   #158  
Happy September

Default Rain, Rain, Go Away Little Mellie Wants To Play

There is sooooo much rain and darkness it's feeling more like Fall than Summer. I can honestly say that I am feeling very good today for the first time. More like "myself". The should be out by Friday. Just in time for food shopping. I should be strong enough this time. Jen called last night and said she is ready for a "divorce". Told her you have to be married first! Those kids are 2 !!! Can't say as I blame her.
Yess Ceejay "no" is such a tiny word and I am really struggling with it! But I have made great strides forward. Pity it took getting hurt on the bus to get me to "see the light">
Nothing new here. Just sorting, reading and tidying up.
Happy Wednesday!

Ceejay~ I hate rumors!!! Hope the boss man sees right thru to the truth. It was a fluke that you had problems both times. Also IBS cannot always be predicted and he should realize that too. Good luck

Holly~ I love lavendar. Does the stella d'oro grow cookies???? some of them are my favorie treats!!!

Meadow~ I can hardly wait for your "breath of Summer" to arrive! The fruit salad looked delicious. I had French Vanilla Yogurt and blueberries yesterday! I am becoming addicted to it!
Old 06-28-2006, 02:04 PM   #159  

Holly-- it is hard to believe your hollyhocks are just starting... Mine are about pooped! We are on watering restrictions... 1x week at night... and even the hibiscus (which is practically on top of a sprinkler head) looked dreary. Fortunately most everything else is a perennial so they suffer on valiantly in the heat. If any of you want to trade some heat for water (and can figure out how to do it, please let me know!!)

CJ.. good for you checking with the boss and being proactive. I hope you can expose the whiner/backstabber for who s/he is.

Mel-- are you mildewed yet? I agree with Madcat... limit your exposure to leech-like needy-people! You don't have to give yourself up to be appreciated. but sometimes it's worth being appreciated by different people!

Well, my darling daughter is SO pumped on her health kick, I'm actually going to commit to enter all my food on Fitday... through Juy 31. I'm enjoying the boost I've gotten from Sonoma diet... inspite of yielding to the convenience and comfort of an apple fritter this morning.

Start anyway, right? And restart and restart and restart.

TTFN
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:51 PM   #160  

Last day of school!!!!!!!!
A delightful picnic with the school kids at school. Had lunch with DD in the enclosure. Sweet!!! Said a BIG goodbye to the K teacher. I have had a kid in her class for 4 years. We are pretty good friends.
Then ran over to the park and had "lunch" with DS.A FUN visit there too with teachers and parents and kids!!!! It is getting HOT.Home for some water, answered some calls and now having a java. My little girl here is puttering playing house. Life is peachy!!!!
At 2 I will build a casserole for supper, kids home at 3:40, I leave by 4:10 to do the make over( I am doing an Avon mkae over for the cover of the magazine) and then find food somewhere and then a meeting at 7pm in the city. I will be DONE with Avon sales meetings etc til Sept!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a feeling I will be offered that job again. I told them to ask me next summer.LOL!!

Tickseed- http://www.tripplebrookfarm.com/iplants/Coreopsis.html
blooms till frost!!

HUGS!!!
Old 06-28-2006, 05:10 PM   #161  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
I managed to kick the computer back into Internet mode again. Don't ask how, I'm sure it wasn't legal.

Good to know everyone is ticking away. Holly the garden sounds lovely and the Avon exposure can only help with the sales. Lot of work for you but I'm sure you will cope.

Mel, thanks for keeping me in the state of play. It's good to have some back up.

The landlady appeared on the scene last night. I've signed away the rights to the bond and we discussed some maintenance problems coming up in the flat. She's delighted - all the problems belong to him!!!

Apart from 2 days of clothes, shoes and personal stuff, all is now packed in bags and boxes and resides in the living room right next to the front door. Tonights jobs are to clean the inside of the car and clean out the fridge and freezer. Then all I have to do is a quick dust, pack the car, and a thorough sweep and we are done. Saturday morning is scheduled for blast off time. I'll leave early to get through Sydney before the world wakes up and be well up the coast by the time the sports fans get out of bed for their weekly games. I should then get home to Brisbane about mid afternoon on Sunday with another 1100km on the clock in the car.

Better go get some coffee (who knows there could be some motivation in the jar) and then sort myself out for the boys. I hope I don't get too many today because I don't have enough documentation to give out anymore. I guess I will have to print some more out some time today. Darn it.

Stay good
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:55 PM   #162  
Happy September

Talking Happy Birthday Roseblush THURSDAY!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU NAE!! HOPE THE DAY IS GOING TO BE A WONDERFUL ONE!!

Old 06-28-2006, 09:18 PM   #163  
Smackin' into a Wall

This may end up being somewhat quick – big thunder rolling in the distance. It will be good. It's been so humid today - maybe the rain will break it. I can feel a cool breeze already through the windows. Gym this morning and walked home with a friend in the heat. Had to lie on the bed "in the altogether", cooling off. Fans are good.

I heard something interesting today. A friend of mine who works for an unmanned provincial government agency just went through a server upgrade to 2003 – seems that now they can't send to any AOL or Sympatico addresses. Apparently there is some "white list" they have to subscribe to (at a cost $$) before AOL or Sympatico will accept mail from them. Not sure if it is a Microsoft thing or a firewall issue or something else, but it's sort of evil.

Happy Birthday tomorrow, Nae! What Mel said!!!

Shad~ Welcome back. Hope the computer fix didn't involve percussive repairs (that's where you kick it until it works again). It will be over soon and you'll be home safe and sound with time off. How great is that??

Ahh… here comes the rain. Lovely!

Holly ~ What do you have planned for the kids for the summer?

Painter~ restart is right – until that alternator finally kicks in. How nice that you have support someone to urge you on. A month is a nice chunk of time – not so long that it isn't possible. Good luck.

Mel~ Glad you are feeling good in spite of the weather. Rainy outside but sunny inside. Keep practicing those "I'm sorry, but I can't"s. Good for you. "Thanks for being speaker for Shad"

Ceejay~ good for you for nipping the rumour mill in the bud.

Meadow ~ the fruit salad looks great. I've been incorporating more fruit and fibre into my diet this week. This morning was bran buds, yogurt and fresh strawberries. It's strawberry season here. There is something decadent about beautiful fresh fruit. Someone made a website of it?? That is terrific!

Waving to everyone else!! Time for me to go do something else.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:52 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Just a quick note before the light on the cable box goes to orange again.

Happy birthday Nae.

I may not be here for the rest of the week as the co-worker told me to many irons in the fire.

I will be back later.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:58 AM   #165  
Happy September

Default Happy Thursday

It's an orangy kind of day Just got back from the office. Low and behold what did I find by the fax machine......but the 2 parcels that were supposed to be given Willy to mail out of the country!!! I brought them upstairs and will give them to him tomorrow so his wife can send them out Monday. It amazes me that no one even noticed them for over a week? Instead of voicing my displeasure, I left in silence. Wanna bet NO ONE will dare bother me today? Tomorrow is food shopping and I am going to give it another try. So I'll be late.
Today will be chair cleaning and charging day. Already started plugging 2 of them in first thing this morning. Now for some cleaning and spray waxing.
Enjoy the day Chicklettes

Shad~ Have a safe trip home. Hug sunday for all of us and drop into bed!!! Glad you got the apt. sorted with the landlady.

Madcat~ Wonder if it's because of this AOL 9.0 Security Edition. I have that one now and it comes with McAfee stuff already in it. Some virus protection, a firewall and adware scan.....called AOL Security Center. But it's all Greek to me!

Ceejay~ Hope all the irons get sorted out! Are they afraid you won't give them undevoted attention?

Painter~ good for your daughter. I have a journal and when i actually write everything that goes past these lips, I am astonished at times just what I eat! Good luck!! apple Fritter huh?

Holly~ Hope the mag makeover went well.