Old 06-26-2006, 08:57 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 173/164/140

Good Morning...
Hope all of you are doing well today... I have a sales meeting early this AM...so this will be brief...
Maggzs...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! How old are you...or should I be asking? Glad you had a great time at your party. Btw...what kind of company do you have or business? I was just wondering what you were hiring someone for.
Angie...Even though your day sounded a bit crazy...it did sound like it was fun. It's been so long since I picked strawberries. They aren't exactly the type of fruit that grows in Texas readily.
Jim, my husband, comes home on Friday. I finally got the courage to say something last night and was honest about how I was feeling about some things. He didn't get upset...in fact, he wrote me an email that was very encouraging. I am realizing, from the book that I am reading, that I just need to keep focused on my issues...not his. So...that probably kept him from getting defensive. Anyway...God is working in our relationship.
It's been awhile since some of you have posted...is everything okay???
Have a blessed day...
Claire
Clairelinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:57 AM   #137  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hey Girlies!

Wow Maggs had a birthday?? HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAGGS!!

Claire- Things sound promising in your DH's return. It's good that he's giving you some positive encouragement. Everything will work out fine

Angie- Berry-picking huh? The only place I pick my berries is at the market! It's amazing how we all click despite the many differences in ou lifestyles.

Speaking of which, here was my weekend:

Okay so we just ended "Gay Pride" week and the queens were out in full force! You had to see the costumes this past week to belive them The week ended with the parade on sunday which marches right by my job. The most exciting thing was the men in G-strings and boas prancing around with glitter and heavy blush on thier faces. It was quite festive. Too bad I had to look at all the gorgeous men that would never be interested in me. Like being a kid ouside the candy store.

Now Angie, can you imagine seeing that out your front window?

TTYL babies!
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:57 PM   #138  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girlies, happy Monday. I am up and at 'em today. Got my walk in early this morning with the dog and got my son to his summer program....colored my roots, and got my make up on and am at work and it's only 10:30 a.m.---that's early for me We had a surprise baby shower yesterday for my sister to celebrate her upcoming Chinese adoption, just us sisters and my mom. Then we all went shopping afterwards it was so fun, us doing girl stuff. This was a welcome change from all the other heavy stuff I have been into lately--this darn condo project is just looming over our heads and we have been having impromptu meetings with the other neighbors to see what we can do to make people more aware of just what is to come. We will be making signs tonight to sign-wave tomorrow in the area they want to build in--this on an 'open/farmers market' day, which is ALWAYS congested with traffic. There was an article in today's paper detailing the project, Rick is getting his voice heard :http://honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/p...0348/1001/NEWS

Angie, I gotta say girl, you are doing wonderful! I wouldn't be surprised if you pass me up in the weight loss department. I am so not motivated right now, not going crazy the opposite way just yet, but not really making an effort. I wonder if it's this summer heat? Even though you messed up your hair and makeup you got all those yummy strawberries...

Maggzs, happy belated birthday and many more!

Claire, glad your BBQ was a great success. I'm sure your efforts were appreciated by all. I'm happy you got a chance to speak with your hubby about things, there is nothing fun about not being on the same wavelength as your spouse. Thinking of you--and sending prayers and good thoughts for Drew on his journey.

Dips, I remember being in San Francisco one year (which has got to rival NY for their gay pride parades) and having to explain to my niece and nephew who were 10 years old at the time just why there were topless women riding motorcycles through the city I think I may have told you that story before... but it's still funny when I think of it. I wish I could've sat with you looking at your window

LadyT, how are ya doing today? Those foster kittens still trying to pad their feet onto your tummy? That is so cute.

Julie, hope you're doing good out there

Kempy, how was your weekend?

Gosh, I just got a call from Rick and he said the boat sale is a done deal. Looks like he is going to Kona again maybe in a couple of days to work out the last details. Maybe if any of you guys come out to Hawaii we can take you big game fishing... Guess I gotta go take some swimming lessons in case I fall off the boat

Well, I should get some work done. Have a good one
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:20 PM   #139  

HELP!! I have fallen off of the wagon and I can't seem to get back on. There is way too much festive stuff going on and I can't get my head right.

Maggz Happy Birthday. You are a Cancer too. Angie and I have the same b-day, July 1st. Nice to have another crab around.

Claire I am right above New Orleans right now so I know all about hurricanes and humidity. We were part of that wonderful storm Katrina. I still don't want to leave though.

Dips I am such a small town girl you just don't know it. When we moved to Pensacola I used to cry b/c I thought it was too big for me. I didn't know where anything was except my work and the house.

Angie thanks girl for the gift. You should be getting something too. I am so bad about cards though, I forgot to get one in there. I hope you like it. OU r starwberries are long gone. I didn't freeze any b/c they never taste the same to me when I do that.

Noelle that is one big condo they have proposed. I sure do hope you can fight it off. I bet when I tell Joe you have a boat he will book his tickets tomorrow. He loves to fish offshore.

I really need to take a bath. I have cut the grass and I have also been watering the yard since around 4. Talk about pretty right now. YUCK!
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:55 AM   #140  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning. I didnt even get a chance to post yesterday. You know the normal Monday things like paying bills making phone calls etc. We decided to run to Bangor yesterday(I havent been since I got myself back on track) and I ended up having to eat out. I ate at KFC. I had 2 chicken breast(no skin), 1 small mashed potatoe and a small ice cream cone from Dairy Queen. Sounds terrible doesnt it but it was within my points and when I got up this morning the scales dropped again. That feels so strange. I swear I feel like I am cheating!!

Maggz, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you had a great day.

Claire, I wish you and Kim the best when he gets back. It sounds like he really misses you.

Dips, Nope no queens walking down Main street here. We have a few but they are mostly at the bars. I have seen a few of those parades on tv though and you are right some of the guys are really hot!! I think it would be fun to watch but probably not if it was maine guys. Too much flannel and stubble. haha

Noelle, Now you guys can make Rick go catch your fish for your Sunday BBQ. That sounds like fun. When can we come? If I had a spare $2000 me and Jay could come over for a 3 day weekend sometime. I am trying to talk him into doing it in the spring but he would have to put Rebel in a kennel for the weekend. He wants to go to Hawaii so bad though to see the volcanos. Dont worry I dont think I will be passing you in the weightloss department anytime soon. You are WAY smaller than me.

Kempy, Thank you. I got your gift yesterday. Too cute. Was the flags okay? I have never ordered from them before but I wanted to get some for my gardens.

I freeze the berries so that during the winter the kids like to put them in the blender with milk and they taste like ice cream. They love that.

Well, I have to go get cooking now. this is another big week for us so I will be cooking every waking moment I think.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:42 AM   #141  

Good Morning Girls... I have zero minutes to post everything I would like...but just wanted to say hi and that it was nice to see some updates on your lives.
I was up early this morning and finished digging up a flower bed... Let's just say I am sweating like a pig. Anywho...I need to get showered and off to work.
More later.
Claire
Old 06-27-2006, 10:04 AM   #142  

Good morning. Well, Joe has messed up the exercise plan for today. He is on his way home to work from home today so I can't jump around like and idiot. So, I guess I will just do some house work and hope that it helps. I am still scarde to step foot on the scale. I hate PMS and the bloat it brings. I know I don't have a chance for this weekend either. My family is coming Saturday and Joe and I am going to New Orleans Sunday so I might have another bad weekend. I will try to be good though.

Angie isn't it cool when you have that happen? I got the flag and thank you it is so cute. I have to find the perfect spot for it. I don't think we would get a certain shape pool. We really haven't even looked at them. I don't want to get my hopes up and then us have to move. Which again I don't want to. I had just accepted the fact that we would be living here forever. At first we wanted to build somewhere but it just seems like too much of a hassle.

Claire I really want to do another flower bed but yet again I don't want to do anything until we know we are going to stay here. What planting zone are you in over there? I am in zone 8 here so I am only familiar with what will so good here.

I need to get some breafast and see what I can keep myself busy with today.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:38 PM   #143  

Bump!
Old 06-27-2006, 04:34 PM   #144  

Good Afternoon, Ya'll...
What a nutsy day so far.

I was about to send a contract out to some folks and then I got a call that I may be getting another contract on the same house. That always makes me feel great angst (sp). I told them both...first come first serve. Hopefully, one of them will come through and I won't lose both in the process. I need this deal bad. I have property taxes to pay and need the extra dough. My boss also said if I can get this house sold and one other inventory home that I can have Monday off as well as the 4th. So...I am busting my rear end to try to get that done. I need to have a couple of days where I am not working!!!!
Kempy...I know the feeling about the PMS thing... My bloat time will be here by the weekend. I can already feel it starting. Plus I am starting to crave salts and chocolate...sheesh!
Gosh, Angie...I am so happy to hear you are still losing even with the seemingly "cheat foods" that you are eating. How easy is WW? I have wondered if it is something I should try.
Noelle...Glad you got some chill time with your family. How often do you touch up your roots? I have to have mine done every 2.5 weeks!!! My hair grows so fast. My gosh...if I ever got stranded on an island...I wouldn't want to be rescued for fear that they would see that I am really mostly gray!
Dips...my gosh...what a site that must have been. We seem to have that kind of stuff on a regular basis in Austin... There's a guy named Leslie that wears women thong undies, and stelleto (sp) heels and a feather boa and is on the streets of downtown daily. I guess he is one of the reasons that there are bumper stickers that say, "Keep Austin Weird!"
I gotta git...people are here to look at the model home. Hello to Maggz, Julie, and the whoever I am missing.
Claire
Old 06-27-2006, 07:39 PM   #145  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, another crazy day for me. I spent all morning researching and editing a letter that we are sending to our City council members, representatives, mayor, etc etc about this condo project we don't want. It turned out to be 4 pages and I even forgot to eat breakfast! Never thought I'd say that myself! Then some of the neighbors came over from down the street and we talked for an hour...everything is very productive though, so it's not like I'm wasting time doing nothing.

Claire, I probably should touch up my roots every 2-3 weeks, but I'm lazy.... this last time around I actually tried one of those new root touch-up applications, the kind that take 10 minutes? I loved it, it actually did work in 10 minutes, and without all that extra staining on my skin that I usually get with the full-on permanent dye. I like it so far, if it gets me by 3 weeks I will be happy. I just recently dyed my hair from light brown with highlights to my natural color, dark dark brown. The downside is that the grays show up evevn more prominently against the dark--the upside is that I don't have a tri-color thing going on with my dark roots coming in on top, the grays coming in at the temples and front of my part, and the lighter brown all over. Anyway, GOOD LUCK on getting your contract signed and the back-up one to boot so you can get your day off on Monday!!! I know you can do it.

Angie I sent your b-day gift on Saturday, you should be getting it soon. I hope you are done with your baking by this time of the day.

Kempy, I was a little behind on yours and may not get to send it out til tomorrow. You know I love ya right? How does your garden grow?

I have to run off and pick up the boy from Summer Fun........ have a great evening all
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:49 AM   #146  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good morning girls!! My neck is acting up again and this time I didnt do anything....well, I bent over to pick strawberries. Geesh, Am I that old that now I am going to have neck problems??? Not till Saturday!!!! I swear I was up all night last night because of it. I have been taking Advil and it isnt helping at all.

Kempy, When will Joe find out if he gets the promotion?

Claire, I hope you get your 4 day weekend. I think he should give it to ya anyways. You have been busting your butt with the BBQ etc. I was so surprised how easy weight watchers was. Noelle and kempy have been doing it all along and that is why I decided to try it because they are doing so awesome.For me I have always been that if I eat something that is a no no then I am done and eat everything. With the point system I dont look at it as a no no anymore it is just a number now. For me that has helped a lot plus I am eating more now than I did either of the other times that i lost all of my weight.

Noelle, You and your neighbors are putting such an effort into stopping the condo that I know you will win. You should anyway, I mean you all have been paying taxes for so long there that I would think you should have a say on what goes on. Good Luck!!
Old 06-28-2006, 08:17 AM   #147  

Good Morning!
As usual...I am in a hurry. My son came out to the ranch last nite which means I have to have him to work by 9 a.m. We are about 45 minutes from his work....so I am squeezing as much as I can into and hour and a half.
Angie...the WW thing sounds good. My biggest issue is if I have to think to hard about something (i.e. whether I should eat something or not) then it won't work. My brain is way too crowded already with other stuff to take on one more thing. It sounds like WW is fairly easy though. I will have to look into it. I am also anxious to see how the "butt pill" works. Hopefully, it will give me the energy I need to work out more.
Noelle...I am eventually going to have to try out doing the touch up thing at home. Currently my colorist does it. Let's just put it this way...every time I try anything on my own with my hair it's usually a disaster. I have actually thought of making one of those coffee table books called "Claire's Bad Hair Day" and market it to salons. It would certainly entertain people waiting to get their hair done.
Oh...one more thing Angie... I don't know how old you are...but I can tell you that for me personally, everything seems to ache without me doing anything to make it ache. It's crazy!!! I hope you feel better soon.
Hope everyone has a great day...I gotta scoot!
Claire
Old 06-28-2006, 10:19 AM   #148  

Good morning gals! We have one of the puppies for the next 6 days. Well, she really isn't the size of a puppy any more. She is actually a little taller than Echo but momma Echo still puts it to her. He owners went to Vegas and we offered to keep her so they didn't have to put her in a kennel. I bet my two are really mad at me right now. The test will be when it is tim to sleep. Daisy is used to sleeping inside but I put mine in the garage at night. This should be fun.

Anige Joe has to interview for the position but they havn't even set them up yet. I wish they would get a move on. I really would like to do a few things to the house. The only problem is we will have to take out a loan just to do those things so I am going to wait. We want to re-do our bathroom and of course the pool and all of that takes money. I wonder if you slept wrong last night? Oh yeah, talk about bad timing with TOM, I am going to start Saturday. Oh joy!

Noelle you are working so hard on this. Of course I don't blame you. What is the time frame for all of this stuff? Do they have a deadline? I know it really isn't the same but we are trying to have the pine trees in the green space cut. There are about 8 that are really tall and skinny and everytime we have a storm on of them falls. So, instead of paying someone everytime one falls we (the homeowners on the back) just want to cut them. The space has lots of oaks and Magnolia trees that will really take off once those pines are gone so we are not hurting the environment. Well, one person back here is tryint to fight it he says that he like them and they provide shade. Hello, they are at least 50' tall and provide nothing but pine straw. So, he is doing everything he can to stop it. I told him that once it starts to rain again I am going to plant a tree in the space to help with what we cut down. Only thing is that you are going through something that will not improve the place. So, I guess this has nothing to do with what you are going through. Sorry.

Claire I guess I am luck in that I work in a salon. I usually color and highlight my hair every 6 weeks. I just hope in their chair and tell then to go at it. It really is nice to have that convenince.

Well, I am going to head off and try to do something today. This PMS is really getting to me this month. I have zero energy and I crave chocolate ALL day.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:50 PM   #149  

Where is everyone today?
Old 06-28-2006, 07:12 PM   #150  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey Kempy, Me and Alicia just got back from a walk in the rain.

Claire, I am going to be 34 on Saturday. My twins and my Mom's birthday is also on Saturday. We like to keep our birthdays easy to remember in my family.

Kempy, Didnt you say a while back that you had to take one of the pups back because of divorce? Do you still have her? that is so nice of you to offer to dogsit so she doesnt have to go to a kennel. I wished I had someone to do that for me. I am feeling so guilty abouty having to leave Mickey and Candi behind for 16 days while we go to Florida this winter.