Old 06-05-2006, 01:31 PM   #76  
kitty Momo

Keep your clothes on Katy , there are several still that haven't reported in.
Sad about Chris. He sat in front of Rachel is a class and she played soccer with him on Friday. I guess the girls have known him since 4th grade. Just a sad thing for all those kids to have to go through. ....not to mention the family and like you say....the whole community.

Michelle Thanks, I am not as dreamy as Napoleon but it will have to do.....lol

My goal is 30 oz of water by noon.....cross finger and legs that I am successful!!
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:34 PM   #77  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Someone on another board told me that I needed to divide my current weight in half and that's how many ounces of water per day I should be drinking. I thought I was doing good trying to get up to 80, but by that math, I should be getting in 120 ounces a day! I might as well just sit in the bathroom all day!!!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:40 PM   #78  
kitty Momo

pssssssss (no, I am not in the bathroom!! lol) sssssst. Michelle waaaay a lot of water, 120 oz's!!! yikes....I will be happy with 80 oz, I haven't even been doing that.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:20 PM   #79  

I'm putting too much pressure on myself to have my weight off by a certain time, and it's just making me have bad thoughts! I'm going to follow my saying with One Day At A Time, and just start recording my food in Fitday for awhile.

Last edited by Michelle; 06-05-2006 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:38 PM   #80  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Speaking of drinking water, I am TERRIBLE at it! Pretty much most of what I have been drinking for years is diet pepsi. Lately, because of my exercising, I have been drinking a bit more water, but still a ton of diet pepsi.

Sooooooo....I have to do my grocery shopping tonight and instead of buying a bunch of 2 liters of diet pepsi, I am thinking about buying diet pepsi cans instead. Then I will give myself a rule of 1 - 2 cans in a whole day while I am at home (eating out will be another story, but I RARELY eat out so that won't be a biggie).

What do you all think? I can't just quit the stuff cold turkey, but maybe I can wean myself off of it in a few months or so? 1 - 2 cans of diet pepsi would be FAR less than I normally drink in a day.
bep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:41 PM   #81  

BEP...I think cutting down to 1-2 cans a day is a great start! It's just like trying to drink more water, it's something I have to work up to.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:38 PM   #82  
kitty Momo

wow, anyone planning for Christmas already? Read that on another thread and almost fell out of my chair......waaaaaay too organized lol...........I am still trying to get my Christmas cards out from last year....

Drank my 30 oz's!! Ya, now will work on my next 30 oz's say by.....5 pm.

better get back to work. Rach called crying, she wanted to go home because of the other students death, she said other kids have. She said the media was there and she was upset. Poor kids.

chat in a bit!!
Old 06-05-2006, 03:51 PM   #83  

SUSAN...I don't even want to think of Christmas right now! That's a very bad word around here LOL! You're doing GREAT with your water today; I better get busy! I'm sorry that Rachel is so upset. I remember when two girls from my younger daughter's school ended up missing and then murdered, it was horrible! She was close friends with one of them and had just talked to her the day before she ended up missing. My daughter got very scared and I had to go to bed at the same time as her for awhile, because she didn't want to be alone. Does the school have greivance?? counselors at the school that the kids can go talk with? That might help Rachel feel a little better, but it's just a very hard time for them!
Old 06-05-2006, 04:05 PM   #84  
kitty Momo

You thinking of Miranda & Ashley? Wasn't that a horrible thing. I remember watching the news as the fence went up around that creeps property as they serached. Sick, sick.

I asked her if there was counselors and she said there was but kids were leaving school. Maybe it is hitting them now as they notice his empty desk....Rachel said he had a ratstail and she would miss seeing that every day. I guess he sat in front of her in one of their classes.....

Thanks! I just noticed I owe on my pcard!!! ugh......28.00.....not much , but I don't have 28.00.....lol geez.......kind of old to be borrowing from my mother.....

How is your day going Michelle??
Old 06-05-2006, 04:12 PM   #85  
time to focus!!!

S/C/G: 279/245/170

Default volleyball

susan, the league im playing in is an outdoor league, so we dont play out on the sand in the winter time..... , now my oldest daughter plays indoor on a traveling team in the winter. my oldest and middle daughter are leaving tomorrow on a 10 tour with their church district choir they are in. they will be going to baton rouge and new orleans, arizona and texas, and just on the other side of the border in mexico. on their way home they will be stopping in memphis to go to graceland. it will be weird without them home for that long but it will be a good experience for them. my youngest daughter has already started planning who alls going to spend the night... i kind of feel sorry for her because she will be stuck home along with daddy and dalton, but she will come to work with me some and go hang out with some of her friends. well almost time for my break to be over. hope yall are having a good day.
hugs,
shawna
chickiemama67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:24 PM   #86  

SUSAN...What is a pcard? I took Brittany to the candle light vigil on his property right after they had put that fence up, and it was very creapy because it was so dark! We were even interviewed by channel 12 news, the news reporter's name was Jamie; I just know she has dark brown hair. Anyways, it was a terrible time, and then about six months later, one of Brittany's best friends for about five years, was killed in a drunk driving accident. She still sometimes talks about all of this. Well it's about 1:30 and I haven't eaten my lunch yet. Better get busy since I have to leave in about an hour to go pick Brittany up from school!
Old 06-05-2006, 04:36 PM   #87  
kitty Momo

Michelle P card is purchase card/ credit card for business. I knew a girl that was killed in a drunk driving, the last name of Redfield. I think she was out in Oregon City too,she was 13. Anyway, this is all sad. Just want to protect these kids from death as long as possible. I use to watch Anna Song from KATU, I always thought she was so good in her reporting.

Shawna Why don't you want to play in the winter ?? jk - Sounding like Gaby.....why, why, why......
Sounds so neat with your daughters in choir!! Our church has a childrens/young teen choir,,,they travel to California. I wish Rachel would do that.

k- starving!!! Chat later......where are you Miss.Cristi ??

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 06-05-2006 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:57 PM   #88  

SUSAN...Her friend killed in that accident was Britany Redfield. She used to stay the night with us a lot. It's so sad how things happen, and you never know from day to day!
Old 06-05-2006, 05:05 PM   #89  
kitty Momo

Extremely small world!! I think I am going to cry. We grew up with the Redfields. Britneys father was one of the twins and their sister was my best friend growing up. My step dad is the brother to the grandmother.....It was a horrible thing for that family. I am sorry for your daughter and the hurt she went through HUGS,,,,,,
Old 06-05-2006, 05:19 PM   #90  

SUSAN...This really is a small world! Were you at the funeral? We were there and then Brenda asked us to go out to the cemetery with them also. My older daughter and Britany's older sister Amanda used to also be best friends. They would all take turns going back and forth between houses. It was so sad after the funeral, because Brenda almost had a nervous breakdown and we spent many hours over at their house, just sitting in Britany's bedroom talking about the good times with her. She was a beautiful girl taken way too soon!