Old 06-03-2006, 03:11 PM   #46  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello Ladies!

Man, too many posts to catch up with! You ladies were busy...hate missing a day of posting. Anyway, I was too sad yesterday to get on...couldn't quit thinking about Josh being gone. Geez, two weeks went by way too fast! Everything went well until he got to L.A. His Sgt. was supposed to call me with the info on who and where to meet at L.A.X. well he never called me and by the time he found out where he needed to be they had already loaded the plane and wouldn't let him on. Fortunately, they got him on a flight with Hawaiin Airlines and he got there at about 9:30 last night. I am glad that he got his cell phone reactived because now I can call him anytime. Before he was using his friends or a phone card the turd. Anyway, he made it back to his second home safely and I think he is actually happy to be back. What am I going to do when they all leave? Oh, I know, cry! Anyway, V stayed home yesterday...had some vacation days coming to him and if he doesn't take them he loses them so he takes them whenever and gets paid for the day. We spent the whole day working on the backyard. Who would have thought that putting a circle of brick around a tree would take all day? Well, we did that, I mowed the back, planted a butterfly bush, I fed my roses and watered all the plants. So it was a busy day to say the least. I was trying to stay awake for Josh's call last night but 9 I was falling asleep. Didn't make it past ten.

SUSAN...you silly woman...I have to agree with the others...you are a beautiful woman and even though I too am a BIG fan of Napoleon I like you avatar much better! Thank you so much for the card/obit and picture of little Miss Gaby...she is so cute and growing so fast! And the obit was well written...I think it honored you dad very well. Sorry you are feeling sad about him being gone. Time truly does heal all wounds and one day you WILL think of him and smile rather than cry.

KATY...good job with the Sonoma D-I like that..SonomaGirl! I too don't like the way my pictures turn out either. My face is chunky to say the least, lol! I swear I could lose 20 pounds and my face will be the same, but I am what I am too so...

MICHELLE...I did put a picture up this afternoon, actually I tried two. They are not head shots so you couldn't really tell anything so I took them off. I am going to look some more for another picture...I know I have to have a head shot somewhere. If not it will have to wait until I get this roll of film developed. I have about 6 pictures left to take and the way I look today it's not going to happen. I will be dressed tomorrow to go to church though. Hope you are feeling well today and again....love the newest pic of you!

GINNY...I need to get a haircut also, thanks for reminding me. Me and DD will do it this weekend. I do the sides and she does the back. Usually do it myself until I figure what or how I want my hair done. Wanting to go a lot shorter but afraid with my chunky face.

BEP...the way I see it...it's a BD and a time to indulge. I honestly think it is okay to indulge once in a while, especially on special ocassions, as long as one doesn't over do it. I don't think this one time will mess up all the work you have done. Just be careful with the rest of the day and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your little one! The cake sounds yummy !

SHAWNA...hope you didn't think I was insinuating that you guys didn't care. I was just speaking from personal experience about foster care. DD had a couple of friends that were in foster care that were moved around so many times it would make your head spin. They were only in 5th grade and for no reason they would take them out of a home and place then elsewhere...I never understood that. The one girl had lived with this one family for a couple of years and then BAM! took her out and placed her with another family. A few months later, again. In one school year she had been moved three times.

KATHY...thank you again. I really hate good-byes and it killed me to watch Josh walk away at the airport yesterday. Before they started this security stuff people could go back and sit with their loved ones before they took off, and watch them get on the plane but no more. I don't understand it because you would have to go through security still so what difference does it make? Anyway...just had to watch him go. I was a mess yesterday but V and I kept busy to keep my mind off things.

JULES...glad you and DD are doing fine. Sorry you had such a busy week with work, the divorce and such. Hope you get to relax this weekend. Your trip to Philly sounds fun. I wish we lived closer to other places. There is nothing around here. We could drive about 3 hours to Kansas City but I never cared for the city so don't go often. But living near Philly would be awesome! I love historic cities, so BEAUTIFUL!

Hi to everyone else!

Didn't go for a walk this morning. I got up early yesterday and did a walk, and since I was so pooped yesterday (that sun killed me) and...I hadn't taken my free day yet I thought I would take it today and sleep in for once. Of course I was wide awake at 5...for a few minutes anyway, lol! Went back to sleep pretty quick and woke up at 9. So now I am doing laundry, a lot of bedding to do (mostly Josh's) and going to clean house today. Jason is working, as is V and I let the house go somewhat while Josh was here. His room will be clean again! Smelled like dirty feet in there, eeewwww! Anyway...hope everyone has a good weekend whatever you do!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 03:20 PM   #47  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Everyone ~~~ I'm just coming on for a quick moment and will get back later to do personals. I have been very down lately and I think it's affecting me with my migraines. I wish I had control over what's in my mind, and I really do try, but it just doesn't go away. My mom was taken again by ambulance yesterday to the ER, and we still do not really know what the results of her many tests are. I've been SO frustrated with her that I just don't know what to do anymore. Anyways, sorry to unload all of this negativity, but this is why I've been staying away because I'm just having some problems right now. The past two days, all I've done is lay down and keep my head still trying to get rid of these migraines! I hope all of you have a good Saturday, and I'll try to get back here later.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 04:09 PM   #48  
kitty Momo

wow Bep can you mention how good it was again! I loved your post...it sounded so yummy. I think I gained 5 pounds just reading it!! lol You are such a good mommy!!

Michelle Very sorry about your mother, sending many prayers her way! Glad you are back posting, we missed you yesterday! Wonderful picture of you!!!

Cristi geez, it took you all day to do a brick circle around a tree??? That deserves a hug !! hmm, was it a really big tree?? lol....I am joking. Maybe a square would have been easier? Tough duty for Josh, Hawaii and all..... I get so annoyed with Rocky when he tells me how nice it is there and here I am in pouring rain, with no $$$, dodging the kiddies adventures, stresses galore......he just says " I can't help it if I live in paradise"......jerk... lol

Anyway, I am flying on a sunkist slurpee.......

Gaby and I drove out to the dad's grave site and placed lillies and the picture from his obit at his site. I told him we wanted everyone to see how handsome he was....and I think he was dashing. I also told him he was in a really loud spot....never going to get any rest there! haha....he is waaaaaay in back. I wish he could have been on a hill, that would have been pretty.

I was going to just share this poem.... read it at the funeral.....waiting for Rach to get ready and go shopping!She takes forever.....

Do not stand at my grave and forever weep.
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and forever cry.
I am not there. I did not die.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 04:54 PM   #49  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Talking

((((((HUGS)))))) MICHELLE...will be thinking of you and your mom and keeping you all in my prayers.

SUSAN...that is such a nice poem. What a sweetie and the obit at the cemetery will be nice. A hill view would have been splendid! Yeah, that is tough for Josh being in Honolulu isn't it, lol? When he comes back from Iraq the first time I AM flying out there to see it and him! I keep telling him to take pictures of him in HI and he keeps forgetting. I told him have one of your buddies do it. He went surfing for the first time there and loved it! I think though, it would be a nice place to visit but I am not sure I would want to live there. Would love to live in Northern CA, OR or Seattle though. One day...maybe. About the circle, it's not a big tree but the circle is. And the brick are stackable but V put a regular brick down for the base and he measures everything and makes sure it is level. So from about 11:30-4:30 we were back there messing with that and the rest of the stuff. Of course nothing can be just right so he had to fool with cutting a brick to size and with his saw not working had to do it with a hammer and chisel. It actually takes some time and his arms and neck are burned to a crisp, ouch!

About your question on what's up for summer plans, vacation, etc...absolutely nothing! I was wanting to fly to Hawaii the end of July to see Josh off to Iraq but don't think it will be possible, I feel bad taking off with V but he will not take time off to go anywhere. Just glad that he doesn't mind my going. I do NEED to make a trip to Arkansas as well. I am afraid my dad isn't going to be around much longer and I would like to see him. It's hard to go down there though. I don't get along with them all and don't feel close to them since being away for so long-feels weird, like I don't know them. Well, some of them. So who knows...half the time I play it by ear instead of making plans. Every time I make plans they get changed anyway so I just go with the flow and do whatever whenever.

Anyway, just thought I would check back and see if anyone had posted while I was still on. Gotta go now and get something done. I have been cleaningin between computer time the reason I have been on so long so at least something has gotten done, lol! But now I must go and finish-don't miss me!

Have a good one ladies!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 07:08 PM   #50  
time to focus!!!

S/C/G: 279/245/170

Default howdy

hi y'all,
cristina, no problems here, as far as kids getting moved, from what i have learned in our foster parenting class, its usually the foster parents who ask for the kids to be moved. but then there are the problems behind the scenes that nobody knows about going on with the foster parents, so that would be another reason. they say every time a child is taken out their home or moved from one foster home to another they lose 6 months of mentality.
michelle, sorry you are feeling down, hope your mom feels better.
bep, just dont eat another piece of that cake .....one isnt gonna kill ya....
susan, lovely poems thanks for sharing.
jules, yes anyone can sign up for the yahoo messenger thingy, here is the link
http://messenger.yahoo.com/, add me to your friends list, its the same name i have here.
ok time for dinner, dh made shrimp and steak fajitas.......yummy!!!
check back later,
shawna
chickiemama67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 07:11 PM   #51  
RosieKate

Hi all
I have been so tired today - yuck.
Still hanging in with Sonoma, though I don't like going without fruit during this first wave..... had a chicken soft taco with whole wheat tortilla from Taco Time for lunch. Too big, but the ingredients were OP. I'll keep dinner small, some pot roast and a salad.

Michelle - hope your mom is ok ...and that you can get rid of your migraines... I like your new pic.

Sorry I don't have time for more chatting....just wanted to pop in and let you know I hadn't fallen off the face of the planet..I'll get some sleep and be more fit for conversation tomorrow.

K
Old 06-03-2006, 09:52 PM   #52  
kitty Momo

I went to the mall today and saw myself in a full length mirror!!!!! My hair looked so shaggy and my clothes so worn out. UGH.....I need an extreme makeover!

Katy- you have to be able to chat with us! pssssst , have an apple it won't hurt nuthin, I won't tell.....and Bep won't either....sheesh......I heard she ate the trim of her babies birthday cake ,,,,lol.....seriously, I hope you get some rest tonight!!

Hi Shawna

Cristi - I flew over Honolulu and spent time washing my hair in the airport. (haha) it is beautiful from what I saw.....and flying up to the big island, I will never forget the beauty of Hawaii - Josh is so lucky to spend some time there. My "in laws" (Mike's mother ) live in Yellville. Is that close to where you will be visiting? All that home improvement stuff sounds so much fun, I wish I had a home to fix up - you are soooooo lucky to have a yard to work in...I am jealous!!!

Rach didn't find a dress - she tried on several. I guess we will head out earlier tomorrow.
I had a king size payday ......yikes......I think it is my period or something....candy bars seem to be on my mind lately.

k- need to take Gabster home and clean, clean, clean.....

chat tomorrow!!!!
Old 06-04-2006, 01:21 AM   #53  

SUSAN...Thank you for missing me yesterday, and for your prayers. Also, thank you for your compliment on my pic ~ you're so sweet!

Katy...My migraine has slowly gone away so I'm feeling much better tonight. Thank you for your compliment.

SHAWNA...Thank you for your kind words and concerns.

CRISTINA...You are so caring and I thank you so much!

Well my mom is back home and doing so much better. Her doctor found one of her heart medications was at a very high level and therefore caused her heart rate to go very very low, and her potssium level was too high. Just since adjusting her medications, she is back to feeling and looking really good. My daughter and I went over and visited with her and my grandma; my grandma is leaving to fly back home to Iowa tomorrow afternoon. I will miss her SO MUCH! Today my husband, daughter and I went out to lunch at Red Lobster and then my daughter did some summer shopping at JCPenney. We had a nice day and was good to just get out. Hope everyone had a good day!
Old 06-04-2006, 01:24 AM   #54  

KATHY...I will try that tiger balm out; I have seen it at the store, but didn't ever know what it was for.

JULES...My headache is much better tonight!

GINNY...Hope your relaxing and having a good evening!
Old 06-04-2006, 01:31 AM   #55  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies

:hugs: Cristi hope you are feeling a little better today. :hugs: Will you go by yourself to visit your dad or will your DD go with you. That will be hard. You will have to post some pictures of your back yard. This year my DH and I are going to try and get some yard work done.

Michelle :hugs: to you also. Hope that you are feeling better and that you don't have to wait for too long to hear about the results for your mom. :hugs:

Katy, I hope that you are feeling better also. Rest will make you feel better. :hugs:

Bep mmm that cake sounds really yummy. You know you can bake another one and purolater it to me.

Shawna, so what great things did you get to do this weekend? More volleyball or water aerobics? Or did you get to relax? Hope it was a great one.

Jules how come some high school girls can be so mean and make life miserable for others? Not the right clothes, shoes, makeup, hair and all the rest of it. I had that problem to. So then you hang out with guys and then you know what those girls call you. Now I am the only female at my job and it is all men. It is very great. Most of us all get along. I was so excited when I read about your Tiger Beat magazine. My friend use to get those all the time. She absolutely idolized Scott Baio.

Susan, if I had gone to school with you we would have been like sisters and I would have beat them up for you. That or we could have hid in the bathroom together.

Ok now at the risk of Susan disowning me as her sister (although I only don't find him hot so that we don't have any sibling rivalry) I don't find her Napolean as hot as she does. So it would be interesting to see what everyone finds as hot. I think Tom Selleck and Sean Connery are hot. What does everyone else think.

Hi to everyone else.

Chat later.
Kathy
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:38 AM   #56  

JULES & SUSAN ~~~ I was reading back about school, years ago, and I also had a very bad experience with a group of four girls in the 8th grade. They started following me around everywhere I went, even waiting outside for me to get off the bus and then in the afternoon following me outside to the bus. They were always calling me names, making fun of me and threatening they were going to beat me up. My self esteem got so low that I almost had a nervous breakdown. I was so scared to tell my parents about it worrying that then the girls would beat me up, but my mom finally demanded for me to tell her what was wrong, because I would lock myself in my room every day after school and just cry. My parents went straight to the school and demanded a meeting with the VP and also ALL of the girls. They NEVER ever looked at me or said a thing to me again! My DH and I said we would never allow either of our girls to ever be harrassed and I was, and still am, very overly protective, but I can't help it. Some kids can be so mean and cruel, and they will never know how much they really can affect a child's self esteem. This whole topic just brought back a lot of old memories.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:40 AM   #57  
ugggg.....

SuzyQ--I think you are wonderful too!! You have been there for me when I needed you!! I LOVE you!!!

Cristina--there are so many cool places to go around here, Philadelphia is three hours away but Baltimore and DC are less than 2 hours and if you ride the metro there's no worry about driving in the downtown traffic or parking. It's just getting together to be able to do it--I keep saying that I am going to just go by myself and DH will just have to get over it--just because he never wants to do anything--doesn't mean I want to sit home all the time! Though sitting home and doing stuff around the house can be good too.....
What is it about boys room that gives off that stinky feet smell....eeeewwww!!!

Shawna--I will try to sign up on the yahoo messenger later today--I will probably just use the same name as here too.

Kathy--I know what you mean about hanging out with the guys and the girls calling you names...how can you be a slut, virgin and lesbian?? Too funny--by high school half the girls were scared of me and I never ever got in a fight at school...go figure...I just started standing up for myself and the friends I did have--I realized that I was never going to be friends with these people so why try...I "blossomed" in about 10th grade looks wise--not beautiful but enough to make the guys looks twice--amazing how things got easier but then the guys that didn't have time for me before now wanted to talk to me and ask me out -I didn't fall for it--I hadn't changed on the inside....I loved Scott Baio!! My kids and their cousin actually rode on an elevator with him while at Dollywood with their grandmother!! They were more excited about a guy and his son visiting from Scotland though!! They loved the accent and his personality!! What about Tony DiFranco of the DiFrancos--nobody seems to remeber him...and Lief Garrett--I have his record at my mom's!!! I guess I am really dating myself now!!

Michelle ma belle-sorry to bring up those bad memories for you...I am overprotective too...it's bad when these girls (guys too but girls seem to havce the gang mentality when it comes to picking on someone)get together in packs to harrass you...I taught both my kids to stand up to bullies--that when you stand up they leave you alone--it's what a bully does--intimidate to make them feel better..my daughter was always popular--she's cute and very self confident (though the ex shook that these last eight months but it's coming back)--my son was a people pleaser and class clown--he got bullied though I never knew how bad until later--by middle school he had had enough and punched the bully in the nose in the bathroom--though it was never spoken the bully left him and his friend alone after that (another thing I found out later) --what was really funny is since my son had been picked on, once he became more popular he talked to the people that didn't run in the "popular" crowd--the girls that most guys ignore, the guys that are not athletic etc...in high school he was a very good looking kid--he has big brown eyes with eyelashes most girls would kill for...the cheerleaders couldn't understand why he wouldn't go out with them....

Katy--I didn't realize how much fruit I ate until the first stage of Sonoma!! I missed it so bad!! I was actually tired at first on Somoma too. I wonder if it is the lack of energy sugar gives you....

Bep--the cake does sound yummy!! They had chocolate cake at work and I was offerred some--I truly believe that there has been more cake around work in the last month or so than there has been in the last year!!

I got an exercise ball from Walmart on Friday to at least do crunches on everynight--there was a poster with other exercises too and I got a ABs on the Ball book from the Library. My dog keeps trying to eat it though--I have to do it behind closed doors!!

Well I have to actually go and do some cleaning!! Hi to everyone else!! Hope to be back later!!

Last edited by jules1216; 06-04-2006 at 09:45 AM.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:17 AM   #58  

JULES...I also taught my girls to stand up for themselves too. Especially my oldest, she would take anything from anyone! My younger daughter has always been very quiet and reserved, but in about the last year, that has changed and she really speaks up for herself now. I didn't have guys start noticing me until my 10th grade year, because I was so shy and quiet. I didn't start speaking up and standing up for myself until I was out of high school and started working in downtown Portland; that's when I started becoming a stronger person. I still have thought many times, if I only knew then what I know now, I would have stood up for myself and not let people walk over me and take advantage of me! I also had an album of Leif Garrett and Shawn Cassidy and I remember drawing braces on his teeth to match mine lol!
Old 06-04-2006, 11:45 AM   #59  
ugggg.....

Michelle ma belle--I have Shaun Cassidy & a couple David Cassidy w/the Partridge Family along with Rex Smith and Rick Springfield from General Hospital!! I was also very shy and believe if I knew then what I know now I would be a much more confident person today!! There are still times that the old insecurities come back to haunt me and I let people take advantage and allow my feelings to be hurt over things that shouldn't matter. I am trying to do better--it's my 40 year old midlife crisis, empty nest, been mom since 19 who am I now challenge to become what I taught my children to be. I want to laugh more and cry less (pre-menopause might be a hurdle on that one) , to risk letting people in and to not let my insecurities and feelings of not being worthy interfere. I know it won't happen overnight but like this weight loss thing--one small change here becomes two small changes there and before I know it I will see my goals!!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 02:54 PM   #60  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!

I enjoyed reading about Scott, Shaun and Leif! I think Scott Baio was my favorite and I had a thing for Woody from Bay City Rollers. I use to read 16 Mag and Tiger/ Teen Beats,,,,
Kathy- I will ignore your ill taste in men!!! I can appreciate Napoleon as the hottie, sexy man that he is......lol. This is kind of sick but he reminds me of Mike in his lankiness, and maybe that is why I like him so much. I know.....come tar me now.....Mike is bad news.
Hi Jules and Michelle!!!
I need to come back and chat, I am running late this morning.
You all have a super day!!!