Cow child wows in local fest

• DATELINE: Lakes-R-Us, Maine The prize for BEST DRESSED BOAT was awarded to Kiwiette and friends at today's Canoe and Boat Parade for their lovely cat ears and tails and boat decorations of 45 rpm records and "Rock the Boat" banner. Josie and the Pussycats, as they called themselves, blasted rock music from their canoe as they paddled down the river, but were frequently drowned out by a lone bagpiper.

Aside: Why do bagpipers walk while they play?

To get away from the noise

The girls received a delightful wooden plaque and lots of attention for their efforts.
  • It's so nice
    Of everyone to come by and read messages and say nothing.

S P E A K !!!!!

Wabbit and I are liable to get a little testy if this goes on...
  • what a yawn
    I've been internetless for days but still find myself with nothing to say. I need a life.
    Congrats to the Kiwiette. Naturally a winner.
    I'm sure all kinds of wonderful things are happening in people's lives around here, but I haven't had a chance to read. What makes me think that dissappointment is just around my corner?
    I will read and return.
    L
  • speaking at last
    Wow, compared to best dressed canoe, my life is utterly colourless. Congratulations, Kiwiette! When I lived in place where people still knew how to have fun, we had the annual Nanaimo to Horshoe Bay Bathtub Race. Anything that looked remotely like it could float qualified and most entries ended up about 50 yards from where they started in the cold, cold Pacific. Oh, I guess the Atlantic is even colder, eh?

We finally found out why the neighbours across the street hate us. I'll keep you in suspense.

I have PMS. Be nice to me.
  • and another thing
    Emm......Don't you think that if certain very large ladies have a journal section at their wonderful, fabulous site that allows us cows to post anything we want that said journals could be updated now and then? I mean, it's been almost 3 months and I'm eager to know if there's been any progress one way (weigh - get it?) or another. Am I missing something?
  • No, I'm the one missing something
    What are you talking about, Sugarloop? I must hear why you are the scourge of the neighborhood, too. I don't have neighbors, so I haven't had the pleasure of being despised by them lately.

Lovely to see you, Lushie. Kids back in school yet? DD has one more week of vacation. I believe it's going to rain for 7 days if I'm not mistaken. Has your DD finished purchasing her massive new wardrobe for school yet?

We have a mouse in our house (this is not anything new, we practically live outdoors, for all the wildlife that joins us here) that apparently has lived here so long that it feels like it owns the place. I saw it 3 times last night, and the night before I think I saw it scurrying up the stairs. Yes, we have 2 cats. I think they have taken bribes.

Cheerio, bovines

Kiwi
  • I'm baaaccckkkk!
    We had a lovely long weekend at the beach. Slept. Ate. Laid on the beach. It was sunny and perfectly perfect. Although nothing in comparison to dressing up like Josie and the Pussycats and floating down a river.

Sugar, come back and tell us why your neighbors don't like you. Our neighbor that hates us still does. Everyone else for miles around loves us, so I just don't make eye contact with the grump.

Lush, don't try to tell us that you don't have an incredibly exciting life. What book are you listening to while you clean? I just finished "Drowning Ruth". It was good, but I guessed the end. Now I'm on to "the Bonesetter's Daughter" by Amy Tan.

One thing you need to remember when you're at the beach - be sure and use the restroom before you walk 3 miles down the beach, because the 3 miles back can be agony.
  • hey Kiwonker~!!!!
    That canoe event sounds like a blast!!!the girls must have been thrilled to win----nothing better than our darlings getting some glory---specially cause us old loser cows LOVE bathing in the reflected glory!!!can you blame us!!!!HOPEfully you will be posting a picture of the winning boat at our personal pic site?????GET TO IT!I went with dd17 to YOGA tonite-----basically-----'the floor is TOO HARD,but other than that---it wasn't tooooo terrible.....hi Lushtank---how goes the battle of Mount Bulge?????Hi Wabbonk,and Sugar Plonk---where is the 137 pound B!%@#??????she must have lost som much weight she has been disallowed entrance to the site.HHS HHS HHS-----I HAVE ONE MORE THING TO SAY-------I MISS DUSTY
  • Hi Bagzerini
    Yes, the canoe fest was a lot of fun. I took pics with DHs camera, which I don't really know how to use, so we'll see if anything comes out!

Way to go with yoga, I think that would be a great way to exercise. Bring a mat!!

Your weekend sounds great, Wabbit. I might get one more idyllic weekend this summer -- if I can figure out where to ditch DD -- oops I mean find something fun for her to do , then DH and I will go sailing by our little old selves.

Peaches is still here, she is just so thin we can't see her.

I am spending way too much time on the computer. I found an article about places to download music and I may have to go to each one of those OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Later Cowigators

Kiwi