Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 11:06 PM   #16  
In it for life!

Dee, not time for me to be in a bikini yet! Maybe this time next year I will have lost the other 34 pounds I need to get rid of. Too many fat rolls right now!
Old 06-01-2006, 05:06 AM   #17  

Gayle-Your new picture is wonderful. The wreath sounds so sweet.

I had a wonderful birthday. The ladies at the office told me to get my purse and go with them. We ended up at Red Lobster (I had mentioned how I used to go there often for lunch back when we had our store a couple doors down from it.) Two other ladies from the office joined us and we had a wonderful time. The principal, ap, and a few others gave me $$, and the ladies in the office each gave me a key chain (not knowing the other did.) One was a beautiful Coach key chain, and the other a Brighton. All in all, it was a very cherished day for me. I couldn't have happened at a better time, what with my depression over Mike's job situation. Then my parents took us to dinner. It was wonderful also. Just a small cafe near where we live. I did good, only eating chicken. Of course through the night I was up eating everything in sight. What's up with that?
Old 06-01-2006, 08:08 AM   #18  
Losing it!

I'm glad you had a great day Shelley. You deserve it! Red Lobster sounds delish! Sounds like you have a great relationship with your co-workers and they know how hard you work. It was very nice of your parents to take you out to eat also. How are your parents doing? Hopefully things will improve and Mike will be back working soon. Try to stay optimistic....K?
Old 06-01-2006, 10:39 AM   #19  
In it for life!

Default Weigh in tonight

Shelley, it sounds like you had a great birthday!

Well, I go weigh-in tonight. I weighed on my own scales this morning and didn't see a change at all. I think they are broken! They didn't show a change last week and WW scales showed a 4.4 pound loss. Confused about that. Hopefully mine are wrong again. I heard that Target sells the WW scales over the internet. Might have to check this out and toss the old ones. Might beat them with a baseball bat first.

I was blow drying my hair and guess what I saw in the mirror?! The beginnings of my collar bone showing! Woo Hoo! I know that might not sound like much but it tells me I'm getting rid of this fat!! Crazy, huh?

I've decided to start treating myself along the way for my weight loss. I started laying on the sunbed. Whew.... got a little too pink at first. This body doesn't see sun much. Don't know whose idea it was thinking that brown fat looks better than white fat!! Wait ... that was me!

Thinking about going this weekend to get a facial and maybe a make-up makeover at the mall.

Has anyone else treated themselves along their journey?
Old 06-01-2006, 02:01 PM   #20  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Cheryl ~ I love the way you started off the new thread! Great idea!

Shelley ~ Happy birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful day and everyone knows that birthday calories don't count!

Linda ~ Welcome to the group! I remember when I first noticed that I could feel my collar bones too...those little things really do mean a lot! Congratulations!

Dee ~ I'm 43...I'll be 44 in October. How did yesterday's move go?

Debbi ~ Welcome back! It sounds like you had a great time on your trip! What a neat place...I bet you could spend weeks and weeks there and still not see everything!

Gayle ~ The wreath is beautiful! Nice job!
Old 06-01-2006, 07:23 PM   #21  
Janice

Wow so many things are happening around here.
Happy Belated Birthday Shelley, So glad you had a good one. You deserve to be spoiled a lot.
Linda WELCOME!! You will love it here, we have a great time and support each other in all the ups and downs of life.
Humour is a big part of the group of girls.
Cheryl- you are doing a Wonderful job with the intro's and keeping the threads going. Thank you so much!!
Suzy - Must be muscle you are building. You work so hard.
Dee - We all wish we could look like you in a bikini, you are gorgeous.
I don't know how you find the strength to keep up the exercise and keep so busy when I know you live with constant pain. You are an inspiration to us all.
I have been working a lot of hours lately, but still check in every day to see what you girls are up to. Always something going on around here.

Old 06-02-2006, 09:07 AM   #22  

Good morning everyone!!

Debbi, I can't wait to here more about your trip! I'm a travel hound, I love to go, go, go! (Someday I'm gonna take a vacation with Dee--but she doesn't know that yet)

Happy to hear that everyone is losing weight. Maybe some of it'll rub off on me

See you all later!

P.S. Ok, Kim and Chris, where are the two of you?????? And where, oh where, are my other Floozies? All you lurkers need to drop in and say HI!
Old 06-02-2006, 10:06 AM   #23  
Losing it!

HI!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2006, 10:31 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

I had my weigh in last night, I gained 0.6 and figured with what I ate on vacation, that is amazing!

As much as I love Salem, I really enjoyed Dogtown. So interesting. Want to read more on it and go back. Was interesting to see the remains of the houses, and read what little we did on the map about the people who lived there.
Salem was wonderful, the Witch Museum was very interesting, but didn't learn anything new. I loved just walking around Salem, seeing the old houses, the brick sidewalks and reading the signs on various houses and buildings. Amazes me, how far apart people lived, (now are different cities) but they got together every Sunday for church. No cars, yet they knew each other. Some of the places are miles and miles apart.
Of course, I could walk on the beach beside the ocean for ever. I love the smell of the ocean, the sound of the ocean, just everything about it. We wandered all over Rockport as well, and that is really a beautiful coastal town. Watching the boats, going in and out of all the shops. Great time!
Old 06-02-2006, 10:43 AM   #25  
In it for life!

Good Morning Everybody,

Went and weighed in last night. Nothing. Neither a loss nor a gain so I guess that's a bonus. Kinda discouraging not to shed any pounds, but good that I don't have extra to worry about either. I missed my weekly Saturday night dancing last weekend so I'll have to be sure and go tomorrow night. I love to dance so this won't be a problem.

Hope everybody has a great Friday!
Old 06-02-2006, 12:28 PM   #26  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon everyone!

Janice ~ Sounds like you have been busy! I'm glad you still find time to check in and say hi though!

Cheryl ~ I'm hoping that some of the weight loss around here will rub off on me too! I'm afraid that I'm just going to find what everyone is losing!

Debbi ~ A 0.6 gain isn't that bad at all considering you were on vacation and eating all your meals out!

Linda ~ Holding steady is a victory in my book! Don't give up!

Gayle ~ Hmmm...from your post I'm guessing that your tanning your boobies in the backyard today. Am I right?
Old 06-02-2006, 05:19 PM   #27  

Suzy-Thanks for the explanation on Gayle!! I didn't know what was going on--I forgot!!

Linda-No loss, no gain. There's nothing wrong with that! Your body is getting used to the new lower weight.

Cheryl-I miss all the Floozies, too!

Hi Vicki! I have the feeling you are lurking out there!!
Old 06-03-2006, 12:38 AM   #28  
Losing it!

No tanning boobies for me girlie's! I was busy all day decorating for the rehearsal dinner and cooking this afternoon. Everything turned out really nice and by tomorrow night they will be hitched. Steve went to the bachelor party tonight after the dinner. Our nephew plans to become a minister, so it is a non-alcohol party of Texas holdem and snacks. Steve & the grooms father is waiting for everyone to leave so they can bust open a beer. LOL!
I have over 100 jello shots chilling in the fridge for tomorrow night. Sounds like we are a bunch of boozers! LOL! The newlyweds will be leaving, then the grooms parents (my BIL & SIL) will be having an after wedding party. Steve & I are going to get an air mattress for the van, that way we won't be drinking & driving. Can you tell we are a bunch of hicks around here? LOL!

Suzy, I will officially start tanning my boobies next week. I need to have a good tan going on by the end of the month when we go to Country Stampede. Stampede is a 4 day event with several country/western performers.

Shelley, how are the new shoes working out? When will Beckey be leaving?

Lynneye, I'm glad you had a safe and fun trip. It sounds very interesting. Do you believe in reincarnation (living past lives)?? Sylvia Browne says sometimes if we have a special interest to a certain time period, then it could be we are from that period. I wouldn't worry about the weight gain, probably extra sodium.

Linda, hope you had fun dancing! Ahhhhh...I remember the day of going to singles dances (after my divorce) what a workout! Now we are old and boring...I think my get up an go...got up and went! LOL!

Cheryl, is life better for you? Thinking of you often sweetie!

Janice, what an amazing story you shared about your daughter. Bless her heart for taking the time out of her busy life to rescue an orphan pup.

Have a GREAT weekend girls! If I don't check back in, then you know I didn't survive the party!!!!!!!!!!

Dee, keep these girls lined out while I party....no flashing too many boobies while I'm away!
Old 06-03-2006, 09:12 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Gayle, I have never heard that. I wonder if I was an accuser or a witch??? I will have to look into getting a book by Sylvia Browne. I have heard the name, but not sure who she is.
Sounds like you have a very busy weekend going on! Have a great time and can't wait to hear about it!

Linda, have a great time dancing! I love to dance too! Wish I could find a place to dance around here. I agree, holding steady is an accomplishment in itself!

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend! We are getting rain, rain and more rain! Lots of thunderstorms here, so nothing happening outside this weekend!
Old 06-03-2006, 10:02 AM   #30  

Dez is done moving now the unpacking begins......I don't think that I will help to much with that. I am going to mind my own business. I am sure she would love the help but we will see if she can do it on her own. The move did not go without difficulties from the landlady. I was so stressed from her that I thought of her day and night and couldn't sleep. When it was time to get the damage deposit back on June 1 I couldn't handle the stress. I sent Larry. haha He had never met her and is pretty timid so it was rough on him. Any how they didn't get any money back just as we figured, and the landlady forged Dez's signature on her condition report. She is going to have to fight for her money back.

You ladies are busting my ego with the compliments. Thanks, I am not going to say it was nothing. I worked hard and suffered many days for that body.

Gayle you go and enjoy a jello shot for me at the after the wedding party. You sure are a busy girl but at least you get to enjoy the weekend after the set up.
I would love to meet you at your country party. They are so much fun. Who is playing?

Sorry I can't post any more to you ladies....there is so much I want to say but the nice cool morning is calling me out doors to enjoy drinking my tea while I check on my flowers.

I am thinking of you all. Go and enjoy the weekend and keep your tops on.
Closed Thread