Old 05-30-2006, 12:46 AM   #1  

Default STOP THE INSANITY WEEKLY CHALLENGE #11 - Stop Yackin' - Take Action

Join us and STOP THE INSANITY of . . .

Talking about what exercises you didn't do yesterday and what you are going to do tomorrow instead of being in action and moving today. Lamenting about what you ate that was not OP (On your Plan) rather than celebrating what you did eat OP. Eating what you want and exercising when you feel like it week in and week out and expecting to see results!

It's time to stop yackin' and take action.

Each Monday we will post our weights and declare our promises for the week (i.e. 5 days of exercise, 64 oz of water each day, no eating after 7).

Optional Bonus Goal each Monday -State a way of being that inspires us to stay in action and keep our promises (i.e., being unstoppable, committed, powerful)

We will support each other by staying focussed on our successes and encourage each other when challenged to overcome that challenge with a success. Let's see how many successes we can have by July 4!

mscat-
All that we have is right now. Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised and Someday is not a day of the week.
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 08:36 AM   #2  
My reward...

S/C/G: 272/270/220

Height: 6'3"

Great idea! Time to stop making excuses and putting off until tomorrow what you can start today. I've fallen into that I blew it yesterday, may as well do what I want today and then start again tomorrow mentality. Monday post success for this week and goals for the following - I'm there!
TryinAgain5402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:06 AM   #3  

Default Monday - eeer Tuesday Fresh Start!

Well ladies - I am starting at 239 AND (no "but's" here) I WILL make 230 in the next couple of weeks. My promises this week are drinking 48 oz of water each day and 4 days of exercise by Sunday. This week I am taking a stand in being POWERFUL That is who I am and how my goals will be met! My mantra is "Power is the Key and the One who holds it - is ME!

Tryin How courageous of you to admit where you have been and that you are willing to give that up! Let us know what your promises are for this week and we will you on. We are close in weight so I am looking forward to having you as my buddy as we sprint for the goal.

Have an awesome day ladies - And remember, if you can't get it all done - do something rather than throwing in the towel.

mscat
Old 05-31-2006, 06:16 AM   #4  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hey Ladies

I'm happy to see the new thread.
It's Wednesday evening here, and I still haven't specified a challenge for this week... Last week it was to drink more water, and that went quite well for the most part (can't remember details). So I'm still aiming for that - I hate feeling dehydrated and I want the zits to go away for good (and no, I don't think they're hormonal... AND it's the kind that I never get).
My horrible temp job ended some time last week - I left early on Thursday and didn't go in on Friday. My throat was hurting terribly and I nearly lost my voice. AND I absolutely didn't want to be there for the rest of the month. I got in touch with the agency, but they don't have anything else right now, so I guess I just need to wait. It sucks and it's conflicting. I don't want to work right now, but I need to (money). I guess I'm feeling lazy. And not just about work. I'm feeling very lazy about everything, including exercise, which is why I haven't been getting any depsite having lots of time on my hands. Go figure. So much for stopping the insanity and taking action!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 12:11 PM   #5  
dgpebbles

morning ladies...I'm doing great eating the last few days now that everything is back to normal...I'm still not back into the exercise though....boy it's hard to get starded again once you stoped for a while...I bought some paint though and I'm finishing up my kitchen and then I'm going to paint both bathrooms...at least that burns calories..lol..

my goal this week is also to drink more water..I've been slacking some ...Also to get in at least 4 days of exercise this week....
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 04:26 PM   #6  

Default It's Hump Day!

Hi Ladies - Well I was Powerful yesterday. I started drinking my water at 7 a.m. and it made a difference in meeting my goal I ate well and finished well before 7. I did not exercise but I am declaring to be POWERFUL AND UNSTOPPABLE in completing at least 15 minutes on the treadmill before midnight! I pulled a muscle in my thigh the other day cleaning the gutters but I know I can handle a slow walk.

Donna way to go! Getting back on the program - why don't you take on a specific amount of water and challenge yourself to getting a percentage of that in by a certain time of the day? If you have already determined what your water goal is - let us know so we can support you. If you haven't taken on a way of being - try being committed and focussed - you are already doing that with your painting!

Sushi - I love you but it's time to kick butt You, my dear, are not lazy (as evidenced by your track record with this thread) and the job situation sucking and being conflicting is that way because you say so. You have the power not to be a victim and create a positive slant on your circumstances. Try this on: Instead of saying "I'm lazy" be relaxed or peaceful! Sounds more productive right? And you can either feel suckey and conflicted with your job situation - or you can be satisfied, committed or determined to have this juncture be an opportunity. You can drink all the water you want and need right now because you have no barriers to your bathroom. You can exercise any time of the and as many times during the day now. You don't have to be a finatic while your off - but even taking on something small that you can be consistent with will make a difference. YOU CAN DO IT because who you really are is AWESOME

mscat
Old 06-01-2006, 01:35 PM   #7  
My reward...

It's been **** week at work but I'm still at it. My goal was drinking the water, eating good and nothing after 7. Good on the water, but food has been a challenge - but I'm not giving up! We are joining a new gym - one I can walk to so I'm proposing next week to add the exercise.

I need to figure out how to show the back-track on my signature line, so I'm leaving it as is until I get the 5lbs to go away again. They came back in two weeks, maybe they can go away in that time too?

Good luck ladies & I hope the rest of the week is a success for all!
Old 06-02-2006, 01:09 AM   #8  

Default Late Night Report

Hi Y'all! I did it Wednesday as I promised. I was totally powerful and unstoppable in getting my workout in before midnight. The clock was ticking at 11:20 p.m. and I got into action - 15 minutes on the stair climber! It was grueling but soooo worth it. I felt really great about myself when I was done.

Tryin - you are awesome! Drinking your water makes such a difference. May I suggest that you put in an extra something else (an extra 8 oz of water, 5 minutes of exercise) when you don't meet your eating goal? I had pizza tonight which didn't arrive until 8:00 So I had an extra 24 oz of water (I had already met and surpassed my water goal) and instead of the usual 3 large pieces I only had 2 small slices - approx half of what I usually eat. That way we can both feel great about our accomplishments rather than worrying about our failures. Thanks for being here and sharing your self with our group!

Where is everybody? Miss you

mscat
Old 06-02-2006, 01:14 AM   #9  

Tryin - go to user CP then click on edit signature. In the edit signature window you will see the url for your signature - Adjust the last number in the url description - then save.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:47 AM   #10  
My reward...

Thanks - I think! Going backwards looks horrible!
Old 06-02-2006, 09:38 AM   #11  
dgpebbles

morning ladies..

mscat -good idea..I'm going to aim for 48oz of water per day and I need to get back on track with the exercise so at least 4 days ....yesterday I got in 32 oz of water and 30 min on bike...it's hard to get started again once you stop...
Old 06-02-2006, 05:27 PM   #12  

Default Tgif

Great Mornin' Ladies - I have already had 48 oz of water and starting on my next 24 oz. I am taking a break at 2:30 to go for a 15 minute walk outside to make sure I get my activity in for the day.

Tryin - What's important is you are not giving up! Don't worry about going back - it happens sometimes in spite of our efforts. Look ahead to what is to come and the impact you can have on that with what you are doing today. You will get back on track a head of the game soon. We are with you

Donna - Ditto! 32 oz is better than 24 oz or 0. And the workout is worth it's weight in gold in getting back into the swing of things. Go for the 4 days and keep going until it becomes a part of your existence - soon you will not be able to stand it if you don't get those 4 days in - Won't that be something to look forward to!

Thanks ladies for checking in. I am standing in being Powerful and In Action this week. The Power to Be - Is Within Me!

mscat
Old 06-03-2006, 12:30 AM   #13  
dgpebbles

I managed to get in 48oz of water today..no cardio but I did get in some toning exercises and some hand weight exercises...

mscat- may the power be with you...lol...great job on the water intake...how was your walk?
Old 06-04-2006, 07:27 AM   #14  

Default Sunday Mornin'

Ladies - How are ya! Powerful and Unstoppable kept me in the game again! Donna, I got a 15 minute power walk in on Friday and drank over 64 oz of water to boot
The is creaping down but I am going to be patient and not weigh myself until Monday. Saturday I was in a meeting all day and managed to drink 56 oz there! I was exhausted when I got home, made dinner, took care of some correspondence and studied 3 hours for a practice session this afternoon with some of my classmates.

It was after midnight and I was sleepy but I could not go to bed knowing I had promised to workout 4 times by Sunday. If I didn't work out until later today - I would have only had 3 workouts and I would not have kept my promise to myself and to the group. So while watching "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" I got a quickie 15 minute workout!

Donna and for you getting your water in and for making sure you got in a workout. You set the example for us all.

BTW - where is all y'all??? Tryin', Bonnie, carla and Sushi - hope to here from you soon Monday is weigh in and the day to make your promises for the week.

mscat
Old 06-04-2006, 10:49 AM   #15  
dgpebbles

Morning...I managed to drink 72oz of water yesterday...I also got in some hand weights and crunches....so if I can get in today then I will make my 4 days for the week...

Have a great Sunday everyone and a great weigh-in tomorrow....I'm ready to start a new week with a new challenge..