Old 06-30-2006, 01:21 PM   #91  

Default Hi Friday Friends!

So much activity! I don't know where to begin...

Sushi - congrats on the water. I responded to your dilemma - I hope it was helpful.
carla - excellent message! That is the bottom line for all of us - less calories and I would add burn more. I love your rantings - they are always so appropriate. I had orthotics too - really expensive but they work. I appreciate your concern but because of my Landmark Education courses, I can powerfully choose my body AND choose to alter it without being depressed. Without that technology, I would be a basket case
Red on breaking your plateau. I can't wait to break 220! I am with carla - STI took you over the hump!

Bonnie for getting in 4 days of exercise in th past week

Diana - sending you : for recovery - enjoy your new toy!

Donna I can't wait for your weigh-in next week. Awesome job of stay OP and getting your workouts in. The fireworks were great and I did not get in my workout - determined to do it today, Saturday and Sunday. Wish me

mscat
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 09:03 AM   #92  
dgpebbles

carla-glad to hear your scales moving...I also would like to start jogging..It's just so hot here that I can't make myself do it...maybe this fall when it cools down some...

red - congrats on the loss..everyones right you need to come on here more...this thread is so motovating for me...

sushi-way to go getting in that water...It's a challenge all of it's own...hope things get better for you

mscat-glad fireworks were great...I can't wait for the 4th...we always go downtown...they have a big event with live bands, games etc and they play music to the fireworks...It's really cool..

As for me..I've stayed OP all week with eating..I've gotten in my 64oz of water everyday but I've only got in onw day of exercise...I just cant get motivated plus I've worked everyday this week...
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:45 AM   #93  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hey ladies

My other half is down with an awful cold, so I'm having a quiet and rather boring weekend. I still haven't decided which of the temp assignment to take, but figuring that I'll have work till the end of the month, I just went and shelled out $150 for a monthly public transit pass.

So far this week, I have 4 days with 100% success rate with my water and 2 days with 66% success rate. A bit worse than last week, unless I get all the water in today - which will be hard, given that it's almost 3 pm.

Bonnie, so great to see you on the ball again, and congratulations on the silent challenge - well done!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:29 AM   #94  

Default Quickie!

I am at my MIL with an 8 year old computer and dial-up internet - it has taken me 15 minutes to get to the posts! I used the time wisely, though - I am on my 2nd bottle of water - that means 48 oz down by the end of this post Got in a 30 minute walk this a.m. I am siked about a 2 week challenge to my brother's wedding to eat 3 square meals a day, drink 48 oz plus water a day, and move everyday for 15 minutes or more. Bonus goal is not to eat after 8 oclock. I am not saying how much weight I will lose by then - whatever happens happens - but I am sure it will be something. What ever it is - I will be satisfied that I made a difference in my routine and STOPPED THE INSANITY of doing nothing or next to nothing consistently.

Sushi way to go - 66% and 100% are accomplishments to be proud of. Do it Again!

Bonnie for your accomplishments last week and 2lbs down too!

Donna on the water goal - take on doing something next week for a couple of days - if it is too hot to jog - take a couple of short walks after the sun goes down or do a little stretching everyday inside. Build up slowly with little things until you can do the bigger stuff.

Where's our carla and diana? Red I know you will pop in when you have a break from taking care of your 21 day challengers!

See you tomorrow late after I get home - I can't take up this kind of time on the internet here

mscat
Old 07-02-2006, 05:27 PM   #95  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

mscat, good luck on your challenge. Always a good thing to be pysched about something like that! Things are quiet in the 21-dayer, I'm continuing along on that. I have been stellar and yet today and the last few days have been greeted at the morning weighin by gains and feeling bloated. This is water retention time of month but I don't think I can deal with this. It's just too disappointing. Do you really gain inches even if you've been exercising hard? I can't be thinking of muscle or anything like that. I have too much to lose. The only other thing I can really carry on with in my life without seeing results is riding but this weight-loss thing just knocks me flat every time. I try, I lose, I keep trying, I don't lose, I blow it. It's the same thing. It's that the efforts are just too hard for me in light of the lack of results. Oh, I am just sooo down about this. I was getting ready to go to the gym but don't know if I can now....just too bummed. What can I do to get over this unproductive mindset?

Well, let's see. My skin looks good. I have a surprising amount of energy. But I need to lose weight and size. I will just push on despite it all. Okay, here's the dope and I'm in for a week of goals here....

This is it --

1) Keep up with everything despite any sort of results of apparent lack thereof. Push on as if in a pitch black room. Do NOT look for any results, NONE!!! Just keep asking myself, what did I do, what did I do, what CAN I do better and keep at it!!

That is my goal for the week. Today is Monday here. I will notch seven days of doing this. I will NOT report on any feelings of progress or signs of the same. I will ONLY report on what I have done to move myself (in blind faith) toward my goals of weight loss.

Ok, people, wish me luck!!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 06:49 PM   #96  

Sushi, I can't help but think of you - I bought a huge container of cherries and am having a field day. I don't know if you can get them there this time of year, but don't worry, I'll eat lots for you too. What a shame that you can't fit the running in. There's something so addictive about it. It's still always a struggle to get dressed and out there, and at this point (and in our hot, humid summer) it's a struggle while I'm out there. BUT I feel SO good afterwards. I really hope the feet hold out. So far so good. I can't wait until I can cover enough distance easily enough to run with my old running buddies.

Wow! The rain is just pelting down again! We've had so many thunderstorms lately. As long as the power doesn't go out I'm happy - it cools things down quite nicely.

Eeyore - er, I mean Red... Patience, my dear! Just a week ago you were on cloud nine because you'd finally seen a downward move in the scale. So why the long face now? There are bound to be ups and downs, and maybe this down is just a little TOM mood swing. Have you tried tracking ALL your calories in and exercise-related calories out? Is it possible you're eating more calorie-dense food (and beer...) than you realise? Or expecting your activities to knock of more pounds than is realistic? Or maybe you're doing everything right and should just send your parents a letter "thanking" them for your fat genes... Seriously, though, DON'T give up so quickly. You just started the no sugar/clean living program a bit ago, and it takes time to get anywhere worth going.

Bonnie, on two pounds down - I know there'll be plenty more evaporating now you're back on track. I envy you a decent selection of, um, roomy swimsuits. Not that I've tried to shop for one yet, but I don't have high hopes as Ottawa is small and doesn't have much selection for us BBB's. I also envy you your diet partner. It really does help a lot. I predict great success for you this summer.

Mscat, good for you making a project out of the time before your trip. It would be so easy to find excuses while you're out of town. Let's hope this summer will be a chance to see things moving in the right direction.

Donna, I know what you mean about jogging in the heat. Yech! I much prefer fall, spring - even winter running. But since I'm doing such short distances right now it's not too bad here. And I agree that it's tough to find the energy to do anything when you're working all the time. I have the same problem.

Well, I didn't make my July 1 (or July 4) goal of getting under 190, but I was at 192.3 this morning, which I'm pretty happy about. And with being more active and eating better, I'm feeling quite positive. It really helped finding pants that fit and flatter. I'm looking at 180 by Labour Day... (never miss an opportunity to set myself up for failure ) Apart from a one-week job out of town at a resort, I'm off work until mid-September. Yay!!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 05:02 AM   #97  
Never give up

Oh gosh, Bonnie, I'm so very sorry. How awful. Oh, I can imagine well how devastated you must feel. I am really sorry. Please talk if you need to. We are here for you.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:17 AM   #98  

Default We are here!

Bonnie - my prayers are with you. I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I lost a brother a few years back and even so, I can't imagine losing a second. We are here for you and please pm me if you want.

mscat
Old 07-04-2006, 10:56 AM   #99  
dgpebbles

Bonnie_i'm so very sorry to hear about your brother....We are all hear for you if you need us...ours prayers are with you.
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 05:32 PM   #100  
Never give up

Hi people. I'm continuing along with this week's challenge of not looking for results. I did get to the gym the other day and kicked butt. But, I tell you, the vavoom has gone out of the whole kaboodle for me. And yes, carla, I'd say it is my fat genes, or should we say, our survival genes that throws wrenches in things. I am simply sick of putting in so much effort. And yes, I am doing everything right this time, that's part of the problem, knowing that I am. But, if that IS truly the case, then I should just carry on knowing the fat will eventually come off. Yes, it IS too soon to see that much of a difference. Then again, I certainly have an efficient body. That's all there is to it. And I'll just have to accept that and shut up, I guess. But, it doesn't help when you hear people losing right and left. Part of the reason I was upset is the very fact that I had seemingly been on the right track and then bang, a gain of over 3 lbs when I was expecting further loss. But, that's why I'm cooling it on looking for the results. I have to just start enjoying myself the way I am. It's not easy in this world of tiny people. Anyhow, hope you all are doing well with your challenges. I'm just sitting over here worrying about where the missiles are going to hit.

Last edited by redballoon; 07-04-2006 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:19 AM   #101  
My reward...

S/C/G: 272/270/220

Height: 6'3"

Bonnie - I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how painful this must be; you'll be in our prayers.
TryinAgain5402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:24 PM   #102  

Default Quickie Post!

Hi Ladies - on the run as usual. Just to report I am 4 for 4 days exercising and drinking water Monday I did a 15 minute walk and drank more than 48 oz of water; Tuesday I did a 30 minute treadmill workout and more than 48 and this a.m. I started out with a 15 minute treadmill workout. I have only had about 1/2 of my 32 oz jug but I am determined to get it down before 5:00 and get in another 24 before 7.

Red - I agree with you - accept and love yourself as you are, focus on what you are doing that's positive rather than the results. The education I am taking says that most people think and live backwards i.e. "When I have the body I want, then I will have love for myself, and then I will be happy." When it actuality we need to "be happy, have love for ourselves and then we will have the body we want." Hmmmm???? think about it!

Tryin' good to see you.

Have a great day!

mscat
Old 07-06-2006, 06:38 AM   #103  
Never give up

I'm reneging on my promise to not look for results...it seems to be the only thing that motivates me to actually get up and do something. Sigh. I can do all sorts of challenges but when it actually comes to reducing the calories...no, I just can't. I just feel sooooo horribly deprived. What goes?!?! I am sick because one of my cats has not come home...yes, carla, Momo! I am so worried. There was another white cat in the neighborhood, also with one eye only, but the other eye. The "owners" were looking for it and didn't find it. I'm afraid they have abducted Momo!
Old 07-06-2006, 08:13 AM   #104  
Never give up

Talking heavenly relief...

Momo is back!!
Sorry, guys.....

Momo sleeping...

Last edited by redballoon; 07-06-2006 at 08:23 AM.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:58 AM   #105  

Default Relief!

Yeah Red!!!

mscat