Old 06-12-2006, 05:33 PM   #31  

Hi all. This week my weigh-in showed a very small improvement - down to 194.5. So there IS hope of hitting my goal of under 190 by July 1! My goals for this week: stay away from sweets and vino. And if I can get even a teensy bit of exercise, that's gravy. Flourless, fat-free gravy, of course.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 06:40 PM   #32  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

carla! There you are! I have found where you go when you're not lurking on MY thread! Well, things have been quiet on the challenge thread, but moreso, I'm considering spreading myself a little thinner, you bet!, and thinking of joining up here. mscat, you look like what I may need. Since on the 21-day thread I'm the one who has to give all the support (and I'm feeling pretty drained these days ) I was wondering if I couldn't stop in here for a bit of R&R?! Not that I wouldn't be supportive, just that I need to not always be the one carrying the ball...you know what I mean?

So, if that's cool with you, what do I have to do? It's Tuesday here already, but what's the game plan?

redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:36 PM   #33  
dgpebbles

I had a bad weekend of bad eatting..why do I let mtself do it..just give me a hard kick..lol anyway I did get in my water everyday last week but I only managed to get in 3 days of exercise and one day of yard work...I don't want to weigh-in this week cause of my bad weekend...

this weeks goals are to continue getting in my water, get at least 4 days of exercise and make sure I eat at least one serving a day of fruits or veggies

Carla-congrats on the loss.

Tryin-glad to hear you joined the gym...I love going but right now just can't get motivated plus right now it just been so crowded..I guess everyone is trying to be ready for the summer..

mscat-you did a great job last week..keep it up..I know you can make your goals this week..

we all can make our goals we just have to push for it..

redballoon-welcome..theres always room for more
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:47 PM   #34  

Hey Red! Good to see you! We're a VERY small, not too talkative little group here. We weigh in on Mondays , and try to come up with challenges for the week. Lots of support, no punishment, no negativity... The guidelines should be in the first post; if not there, you might have to go back to the previous thread (#10). Mscat is a sweetheart, always an encouraging word for each of us, even weekly awards of kudos for those who list challenges met. Sushi is here, also Donna and Trying. Bonnie has been MIA for a week or two, but will return. She wouldn't desert her BBB (big butt buddies - her expression). We're all very good at NOT weighing in...
Old 06-12-2006, 09:01 PM   #35  
Never give up

Ok, pebbles, thanks for the welcome! carla, ditto! Yes, I checked out the first post, got that, I guess I can come up with some goals for the rest of the week, even though it's already Tuesday. Negativity really ticks me. I mean, there's a difference between being down and slumping along like a gnome, which I do often, but going out of your way to find the gray clouds, point to them and go, 'heh look! gray cloud, everybody!' is like, huh??? Sure glad there's none of that around. Tell me, is mscat a drill sergeant like myself? No, you said she's a sweetie, eh? Well, in any case, I'll be meek and complacent over here, ok?

Right, weighing in today...count it as my Monday, since it's still that by you all....73.6 kgs!! That's nearly 162 lbs. Ultimate goal is 58 kg, but I'm aiming to break the psychological barrier of 70 (kind of my onederland..) as soon as possible! Wish me luck! Goals to come....

Last edited by redballoon; 06-12-2006 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:26 AM   #36  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Nice to see some action here! Welcome, Red, it will be great having you here.

Scale showed just over 60 kg today, so I'm quite confident that those two pounds I mentioned last time are no longer an issue. I might not be exactly at 60 because I had not eaten for 16 or 17 hours prior to stepping on the scale (which doesn't usually happen), but at least it's down.

Water was good on Monday, and I'm just finishing the last of it for today.

I'm off to apply for more jobs jobs jobs jobs jobs jobs...
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:34 AM   #37  
My reward...

S/C/G: 272/270/220

Height: 6'3"

My darling daughter, home from school has joined the gym with me. Other college boys were there so she's ready to go same time everyday! The boys were showing off and more than happy to show me more effective ways to use the equipment. OMG - I'm walking like I just gave birth! It was great fun and I'm sure she'll push me to go everyday!

Drinking the water, eating good and plan on hitting that scale on Monday!

It's 8:30 am - do you know where your water is??
TryinAgain5402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:09 AM   #38  
Never give up

Heh Sushi! Hi there! Thanks for the welcome! Well, just heading to bed now. I STILL haven't got too far on my story and I'm taking it to the wire... Need that fire under me! I'm thinking up goals and actually did write them down but they'll have to wait till tomorrow to be posted here. I did my crunches and journaling today, which are my 21-day challenge challenges. Going to make these different of course though. Jays, Sushi, just over 60 kgs!! That is like my goal! And you're taller than I am! Wow! Trying, hi there! What great stuff you're doing there at the gym! Good for you! Pop a few aspirins and you'll be rarin' to go!

Last edited by redballoon; 06-13-2006 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:20 AM   #39  

Default Tuesday Greetings

Red we are so happy to have you! I have admired you and your commitment to the 21-challenge since joining 3fc. I have done a few of them myself. You can rest your bones here anytime - I know what it takes to host a thread even though this one is small and in no way comparable to 21. I am not as diligent as I would like with posting with the group - but I can count on the girls keeping the thread going when I miss. (Love you all ) Even though it's Tuesday - jump right on in - we believe the first day of the rest of the week and your life begins right now!

carla - Go! Go! Go! You can make that July 1st goal - As Mary Kay Ash says "shoot for the moon - if you miss it at least you will land among the stars."

Bonnie - Where are you? We are missing you - pop in and let us know how you are doing or we'll have to send out the clowns - oops I mean hounds.

Tryin' - you are kicking butt! You are truly my BBB in action. What's your water goal today? Mine is 64 oz - I hit it Monday and I am going for it again today - 24 oz down so far! We are the water and exercise queens.

Sushi - glad to see your spirits up - Keep increasing the odds that the right job is coming for you! And for 2 days getting your water in - I am dubbing you water queen also.

For me, my lovely ladies being UNSTOPPABLE in my exercise and water quest is working - This a.m. I completed a 30 minute tread workout. So I am 1 of 3 on exercise and 1 of 7 on water goals. And the big news is I am down to 235! That is 2 lbs down from last week.

Anyone else interested in declaring a way of "being" to make their goals this week?

mscat
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 06:45 PM   #40  
Never give up

Thumbs up stating the goals....

Good morning, all! Actually, it's an overcast morning here in Tokyo, with rain predicted for the next 4 or 5 days straight. It is the rainy season, so I guess I have to accept that...it's not fun though.

mscat, thank you so much for your warm welcome. What a compliment coming from a fellow thread organizer and one so dedicated as yourself! Truly, thank you!

Well, here is what I wrote down for goals yesterday.

1) Get to the gym AND train 4 times through Sunday. Now, this will be quite hard and maybe impossible because people are looking for me to go drinking with them this week and if I do that I can't train early the following morning. Which is it going to be? I have to buckle down and decide!

2) Stay away from all deep-fried foods!

3) Go easy on or totally abstain from cheese on my veggie stews and curries etc. This is one of my favorites, but it adds up and it's just a bad habit. I'm always looking forward to the cheese more than the vegetables and that shouldn't be. Have to get my taste buds away from wanting fat again. I went for years with like no fat in my diet and it made a huge difference! Same with sugar but I'm not cutting that out just for now though I will do weeks with that. Promise!

4) Clean an area in my room for an exercise bike, so that I can hop on at any time for a quick 10-15 minutes. This is vital! Right now, this involves major work in my room, however, so it's going to be tough as I don't have much time.

5) Take my measurements, record and post them here! Yes, I know, that's super embarrassing (I'll do them in centimeters.. ) but I have to see the difference and better to post them just so you know I really took them!

6) Stay on track with my 21-day challenges, which are:
a. 10 sets of 20 rep crunches and b. journal all food/drink and exercise (don't have to add up calories but this will give me an idea if I study it.)

7) Try to do little bits of movement during the day. It DOES add up. Taking the stairs instead of the elevator, doing a bit of calisthenics in my room, whatever, just move instead of sitting there like a log!

OK, now, I'll see where I go with those!! Wish me luck!!

Now, this other thing... a way of "being"....ok, I'm going to go with being AWARE, CALM and COLLECTED. Powerful and things like that I'll reserve for when I want to focus on my exercise, but the above three are what I need to do to stay my hand from mindless munching, which is very easy to do when I'm stuck in front of the computer and nervous and anxious about my work. Deep breaths! Calm! The mind may ignore things, but the body won't!
Old 06-13-2006, 08:50 PM   #41  

Don't worry folks. I'll translate Red's measurements into inches and pounds.

Bonnie, good to see you here. If you don't feel like posting, I hope you'll lurk enough to get occasional little messages from us! And come back soon. Maybe you can just try for maintenance for the time being? (If you don't plan to lurk, could you maybe PM me your email address so I can drop a line from time to time?) Take care of yourself.

Yay, Tryin'! Sounds like you had a pretty good time at the gym with all your daughter's suitors. You go girl! Enjoy it.

Mscat, I've finally come up with a watchword for this week: determination. Which means an end to whining and moping and compensating with hi-cal goodies. So far so good on the compensating, dismal on the positive attitude.

Total all-night insomnia last night, for no apparent reason. A colleague who had the same experience claims it's because of the full moon, but I thought I was too old for the moon to influence me?

Bye all.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:58 PM   #42  
Never give up

Don't you dare! carla! And as for the full moon, age has nothing to do with it. Yes, that is probably why I am such a basket case right now...emphasis on "such a."
Old 06-14-2006, 06:57 AM   #43  
Never give up

Hello all. Just a report for the day. Looking at my challenges, I'd say I did what I could. I forced myself to go to the gym, almost turned around, then went even though I didn't have much time. I jogged 3K and did the crunches. I really would not have gone but I didn't think it would be possible to go four times if I didn't go today. So, I am still in the running! I did go easy on cheese. Am just having 2 slices now. I had NO deep-fried stuff, though soon after writing that the landlady came over with some rice crackers, the deep-fried kind! I have NOT eaten them! The little bits of movement I did too, walking down to the next train station for some noodles. Actually, I really needed it and wanted to move, because sitting in front of the computer for hours is really bad for the circulation in my legs. I am having trouble with it.

carla -- How's the determination working?

bonnie -- Hi there! Nice to meet you! I checked out the Stanley Cup just because you had written about it. I never imagined it was still going on! The season just seems to get longer and longer, doesn't it!? Well, I hope your team wins! Hurricanes, I take it, right? I'm sure you can "buckle down" before September! Come on, just don't buckle so tight! I suggest you start looking for non-food/booze ways to celebrate. It IS possible you know, just takes a bit of creative thinking! Well, good luck and I hope to get to know you better.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:16 AM   #44  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hey Ladies
Wow, so much action! That's lovely to see.

Not much time - it's after 9 pm already, and I need an early night because I'll be heading out very early tomorrow (and driving downtown, so I really do need to be awake! ).
Water was a disaster today, less than 1 bottle! I was on the go all day. Tomorrow will be similar, but I'll do my best to do better.

Take care everyone!

Oh, by the way, Red, how tall are you? There aren't many people shorter than me... Good luck with all your goals, very ambitious!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:24 AM   #45  
Never give up

Thumbs up

Whoops, Sushi, you're right. I had misread your height, was mixing up centimeters and inches, thinking 5' 3" when it was 153 cm! Ok, you are shorter than me, but only by 4 centimeters! Cheers! We short people rule!!