Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 02:14 PM   #16  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Welcome to Pat and Alex!

This has to be a quick one. Well, they didn't tear down the house yesterday after all, but were here at 7:30 this morning. I was up and dressed, of course, but Mr. Retiree wasn't, so he had to hurry. So Neal, Katie, Mary, the 3 DGDs and myself were there it see it all. The house looked odd, anyway, with all the aluminum siding gone, and the windows out. Neal didn't cry. But I did. And so did Mary. She said all 3 of her kids took their first steps in that house. But we're all ok now. The rubble is being moved right now.

I have to get to town, but will be back later.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:40 PM   #17  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Jane- I am glad that is done and you can remember all the memories with a smile.

Alex- I have WATP tapes and do it more when I can't get out to walk. I need to start doing both walking and the tapes. Good luck on your next date. Sounds like you have quite a nice guy.

Marti- Yep, I was pretty sure I was going to do well today. Now, if I don't do something stupid tonight to kill the eating I will be right on track.

I have started NOT putting our food on the table. We make our plates and carry those to the table. This way I can put one helping on there and when it is gone I am done. I put bread and butter on the table for DH, but that doesn't tempt me. I don't eat bread with my meal unless it is a hot roll or biscuit. (then I have to be verrry careful) If I fix something for him that I know I can't have I don't have to keep looking at it on the table. LOL. Actually, he is doing quite well also except he had 2 jumbo hot dogs for lunch today from the quick mart. I passed those up and came home for another lean roast beef sandwich. He was roofing the barn though so I imagine he worked those dogs off quickly.

Can I tell you something so stupid?, but simple...and I bet I am not the only one who has this happen.... I wear a C cup and I have been lamenting that my "girls" were sure sagging. Well, this morning I got looking at my bra, and it isn't worn out, but the straps had stretched a bit. I adjusted those straps tighter and it brought my ladies up and made me look 5 pounds slimmer. Try it, you might be surprised. I have felt much more comfortable today, which makes me wonder if I have always worn my straps too long. Kind of a DUH moment.

Okay, I don't have any more words of wisdom..so I will shut up.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:05 PM   #18  
ugggg.....

Angelia--check out the Gaiam website for that DVD.

Marti--how's those arms--there are some of the arm machines at S-N-T make me want to cry and I am only on them a minute!!

Michelle ma belle-hey there!!

Alex--good luck with the WATP--sounds like Michelle and I think it was Marti like it..

Robin--glad you found the bracelet--I'm waiting to hear about your trip..

Pat--hope you make your way back to us!!

Sue--I always joke that when I get a new bra I get more of the "Have you lost weight' -- I told my DH--wouldn't those people be shocked if I replied "no--new bra--the girls are closer to where they are suppossed to be and you actually can see that I really do have a waist!!"

Jane--when I first moved in with my DH he owned an older trailer -- we made the decision for me to stay home with the kids and buy a new one instead of a house. When they pulled the old one away both my son and I cried.

Tomorrow is D-Day--DD was so worked up today she cleaned the apartment sotless!! I told her she could have come to my house too!! I am suprisingly calm--must be those B-vitamins kicking in!! Don't know if I will post tomorrow with everything going on...
Old 05-24-2006, 09:07 PM   #19  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Sue,,,yes I have always told friends to adjust their straps regularly,,,never dry them in a dryer cause that wears out the elastics. I usually wash in gently, with towels...then just let it air dry in the bathroom. And I always adjust the straps after a wash. Problem thou,,,Ive done it too much and spent the day wondering why everything is riding up.
Glad to know you aren't sore...I probably got your sore too...grrr lol

Alex have a nice date....*smile

Jane,,,well thats good that after all that you all are able to move on.

Oh Robin glad to know you found your lost bracelet

Jules, I am going to chekc that out,,,plus I do remember seeing BFL for women...want to get that too.

I can't believe how last night I just crashed and burned. Was a sleep at 6:30.. Felt oh so much better today. Need to do some paperwork for Monte and his route...yay...lol Not like I haven't spent the whole day keying things in,,,why not a few more hours...grrr
I had a 2 hour lunch today which really is harder then you think. Having to go back after is harsh. I went and bought a magnetic necklace/bracelet. sprayed some perfume on at the drug store, needed some unscented lotion. There is a woman at work who has allergies to perfumes. Which means I can't wear my new Antonio Banderas perfume...lol (which does smell very nice)

well I should get that other work done...*sigh
Old 05-24-2006, 11:58 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 283/270/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by suetalks
Jane- I am glad that is done and you can remember all the memories with a smile.

Alex- I have WATP tapes and do it more when I can't get out to walk. I need to start doing both walking and the tapes. Good luck on your next date. Sounds like you have quite a nice guy.

Thanks! He is a very nice guy and I am looking forward to tomorrow night!!

I need my head examined...we were headed out the door tonight to buy an annv. gift for my secret sister when a guy I have dated before called to see what's up?? I told him I was on my way to feed the boys and shopping for the gift and he ask to tag along....I know he is not the one for me...I am in love with David, but I agreed let him tag along....ate way to much chinese food...talked laughed like before...my kids love him...DOWN SIDE..he won't or can't keep a job..and then loses everthing and starts over and it drives me crazy. I had a nice time with him...it was familiar...comfortable...BUT WRONG!! He hugged me when we got back and said I was the best friend he has ever had. ARGGGGHHHHHHHHH! Someone shoot me!!

My girls are DD and when I lose weight it is never in the cup size...the band size will go down. I have an expensive bra habit...I love pretty bras and they are much cheaper in smaller sizes....that's what I am looking forward to as I shrink.....a much prettier selection!
Old 05-25-2006, 12:01 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 283/270/165

I can't believe how last night I just crashed and burned.

It must have been in the air...I couldn't keep my eyes open last night and crashed hard...slept through the night!! A rare thing...I toss and turn all night and usually wake before the alarm....this morning I was startled awake by the alarm and couldn't believe I slept all night!! Of course it's now 11 PM and I am wide awake LOL
Old 05-25-2006, 09:36 AM   #22  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Sue - YAY for perky "girls", lol. I watched the Oprah show all about bras, and the expert there said most women wear a too-big band with a too-small cup. Seemed to help me and the girls out, lol. I agree, buffet style dinners are best since the food isn't visible, lol. Have to admit that I serve family style, though, unless there are too many of us.

Jules - it's even hard for me to say goodbye to a car. I get somewhat sentimental about the memories of it. Silly, right? HUGS to your DD today. It will be hard for her. No chance of reconciliation, huh?

Marti - the weather really affects my moods, too. Especially in winter, when we don't get enough sun. They've even named it - SAD for seasonal affective disorder. I think our Sue has it, too. Here in Indiana, the sun is shining after horrible thunderstorms last night. YAY for the sun!

Angie - speaking of perfume, a guy clerk at Lowe's told me I smell good on Tuesday. I had a huge rhododendron in my cart, and he was helping me pick out a new weedeater. And he says, those flowers really smell good, and leaned in to smell them up close. Then he says, nope, it's not them, it must be you. I said, well, I do have some cologne on, and he says well you smell real good. I blushed like a teenager and said thank you. The fragrance is Ralph Lauren Blue for women, and I get more compliments on it than I ever did anything else. Btw, I have a book I'm almost done with, and when I finish, I'm going to send it to you. I know you'll like it.

Alex - ahhh, since you asked, I'd say for sure keep the man as just a friend. No way do you need a slacker in your life, right, and any man who won't work is a slacker. How did the date go with the other guy? We want details, lol.

Mary Kate - how are you doing today? I miss you when you don't post. I know it hurts your hands, though, so I understand.

I am wondering if I need to make a big project out of losing weight like I did before. Some of you remember, I made a scrapbook, totally focused on clean eating, and had such a passion for losing. I think I need to get out my top 10 reasons for losing again and make it a priority. I've been goofing around with it, and the thing is, I truly WANT to lose weight, and know the consequences of overeating but I've been doing it anyway. It's like I'm a zombie sometimes, iykwim.

On a lighter note, it's sunny and warm here, so I plan to clean out my car. I'm going to pay Katie to clean the house because I just don't want to stay in today.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:58 AM   #23  
a work in progress

Good morning ladies...

Dang it, just a quick one again, since they keep screwing around with my schedule. I have to be in so early today.

Angie, oh I miss perfume. My work has a strict "no fragrance" policy because I guess a couple of folks have allergies. But there was one supervisor who used to come in just reeking of really cheap stuff. Everyone was intimidated by her and wouldn't say anything. Thank goodness she retired! Anyway, now I only get to indulge on weekends at home.

Alex, ok, tell us how the real date went! Since the other fella said you were the best friend he ever had, I'd keep it right there in the "friend zone" and say, "Yep, I consider you a good friend, too. It definitely works best when I'm your friend, instead of your girlfriend."

Marti, I know there is a whole other thread on this, but I'm in a rush this morning, and want to tell you right now: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I am so proud of you for quitting smoking, and I love the great side effects you listed!!!

Jane, I so need to make a priority of this, too. I have hit a plateau the just won't budge, just teeters back and forth, and Tim has lost his motivation so a lot of times he doesn't even want to go to WW with me or stay for the meetings. I've been so down and depressed about my arm, etc, that I have just lost my focus and my...oomph? Help! Maybe you and I can buddy up a bit? If I lived by you, I'd come to your house to walk every day!

ACK! Look at the time!!! Hi to all the rest of you...gotta fly!!!

Old 05-25-2006, 10:29 AM   #24  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Alex, you must of needed it...I know I did the same yesterday. Felt wonderful! When is your date?

Jane, AWW that is sweet that man said that. It made your day...
What book? I just got Honeymoon by Susan Eliszabeth Phillips...was on hold for months,,,5-6. Of course it would come now when I barely have time to read it bit...I will.

Katie, would it not be great if you had a voice activated computer? At home and work,,,that way you can do all the typing pain free.

Not much has happened since last night,,,did all of Monte's paperwork, didn't get my resume done Tanner needed the puter,,,and well I just made some tea and went and read for a bit,,,then before I know it its bed time.

Does anyone know how to tie dye? My friend Trish is doing Hair, and needs some hippie clothes.I told her I would tie dye her t-shirt and paint up her pants with white daisies.
I need to find time soon to go get my nails fixed,,,broke one and chipped another...and it drives me crazy...catches on everything.

well Im off to work,,,need to grab my coffee....*yawn
Old 05-25-2006, 11:19 AM   #25  

Height: 5'1"

I don't have a whole lot of time to post individuals......have to meet someone this morning about a house.

But will be back to get to you all.

Just wanted to post my points really quick.

Be Back this evening!
Old 05-25-2006, 11:25 AM   #26  

Height: 5'1"

LOOK-LOOK-LOOK-LOOK!!!!!

This is my 3000th post!! Lets celebrate!

Yea, I had to come back just for that!
Old 05-25-2006, 11:41 AM   #27  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good morning...almost noon. I got the call from the dentist's office at 8 this morning and was in the chair by 8:45. I even let him grind and fill with no numbing. Wasn't bad and now I do not have to worry about more tooth breaking off. Thank goodness they had a cancellation!!
Did well eating just toast and 1/2 banana for breakfast and will be going to Friday's for lunch. I know they have some OP things, but man, is there alot of really GOOD stuff that is not OP. I will try to be good. DD and I are taking Mom to the dr. and for lunch.
Have been working on getting the sale ready and it is almost done, so tonight I will get to the rest.
Now, if I can work in a time to walk and exercise!!
I WILL.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:42 PM   #28  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya Chickies...

Just a quickie...very busy day today. Even though it is hot as heck outside I did enjoy being out and about.

JULES...I am loving the arm machine thing at It Figures, that and the squat thingy. Never liked squats before that but I am loving them! The arm thing feels really good on my arthritis...arm isn't hurting as bad as it did before.

JANE...gonna have to try that perfume some time. I wear Eternity and everywhere I go get compliments. Had some girl at school once sniff me like I was a dog and said that smells sooooo good, lol!

MARTI...WOOHOO, 3000 posts! You go girl! Those stinking geese were just too mean! Been to that park a zillion times and never have any of the geese or ducks ever been mean. It was kind of funny.

ALEX...there is absolutely nothing wrong with having men friends, I know a few ladies who do, and their hubbies don't mind at all. Of course mine would be jealous but he has nothing to worry about.

Okay, sorry to cut this short but gotta go. DS is going to plant my shrub and dig up the grass around the middle tree. We are going to put brick around it and plant some lilies around it. Chat with ya soon.

Take care and HI to everyone else!
Old 05-25-2006, 05:40 PM   #29  
ugggg.....

Just checking in really quick--divorce hearing is over--he is responsible for all the bills left over from the marriage and courts costs. When we first went in he was standing there smiling and told DD how good she looked--DH had to run her cell phone out to the car--DH never liked the ex--always said there was something shady about him. Ex is there whining about his tranvestite landlord and saying how good he is doing as a sub-contractor --Dh started asking what he was driving and then got quiet--DD started crying and ex tries to wipe a tear from her eye and asks what's wrong she tells what do you think is wrong and not to touch her and DH tells him to just sit there and keep quiet and don't touch her again...DD goes to the bathroom to wipe her eyes and when she walks out of the bathroom DH takes her to the glass door that leads out to the parking lot and I hear them laughing and then DD and ex have to go into the judge--DH tells me and the security guard that the ex actually brough his new girlfriend with him and she's sitting out in his van--security guard says he's suprised the ex didn't bring her in--it happens all the time. DD & ex walk out and the idiot isn't even smart enough to let us go to our cars first and leave-DH let him have it went off about everything including bringing the new girlfriend--told him that you reap what you sow and everything he is doing will catch up to him one day. DD is actually glad he brought the new girlfriend that looks really young too--she said she got the closure she needs and can move on now.

Gotta go-hubby needs to use the phone!!
Old 05-25-2006, 07:31 PM   #30  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Mary Kate - I so wish you did live close to me. We could go walking everyday. That would be awesome! Maybe we can do a cyber walk and meet halfway, lol.

Angie - the book is called Breakdown Lane, and the style of writing is something you'd like, I believe. I used to tie dye tshirts in the 60's with my best friend, lol. Basically, you pull up a wad of cloth, tie rubber bands around it in 2 o 3 places, move to another wad of cloth, and do the same. Continue like that around the shirt, then dip the shirt in dye water. You can use more than one color, but be careful Also, make sure you don't get big bullseyes right over the chest area, lol. You ought to Google it so you can get photos.

Marti - tell us about the house!

Sue - I always feel better after I leave the dentist, don't you? How'd you do at Fridays? You're on such a roll I bet you did fine.

Jules - aww, this day was a sad one for your DD, but it sounds like she's better off w/o him. What a creep, to bring the new girlfriend to the courthouse! Yay for your DH, giving the ex a piece of his mind.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

I ended up going to Evansville with my sister today. I needed 10 nice placemats for when my cousin visits from KY in a couple of weeks. Macy's had just what I was looking for, and on sale, too. I also got a sign for the yard. It is yellow and black, like an official warning sign, and says, "SLOW... Grandparents at Play. tee hee

Gotta run!
Closed Thread