Old 05-23-2006, 09:09 AM   #1  

Default Sticking With It - Week 1

Sorry, I should have posted this thread yesterday, but we were busy all day.

My good news is that I have been exercising pretty regularly and doing OK with the eating. I thought the scale moved a bit on Sunday, but now it's back up again. I don't know what's going on.

Anyway, yesterday I walked over 4 miles with my kids in the double stroller. I logged over 10,000 steps for the day.

How are you doing?
jjeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:02 AM   #2  
Almost a fit chick

S/C/G: 184/146/125

Height: 5'1"

I´m so excited to be the first to post on week 1! I had a bad few days over the weekend and yesterday. The day before I start and the 1st day of my period I want to eat everything in sight. Well, I didn´t eat everything, but there was chocolate involved. I haven´t gained anything, but I obviously haven´t lost either. I´m getting my butt onto the treadmill in a few minutes to log on my 2 miles. I´m starting a new running training schedule to be able to run a 10k at a decent pace (less than a 10min mile) in 4 months. Wish me luck!

Holly

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
3gwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/185/130

Cool Sticking with it

Day 1 went well. I chose the "Carb Addict Diet" It was one of the first Carb diets that came out years ago and I bought the book but never did it. Instead I tried all the other fad diets that friends told me about.
Many pounds later I have decided that before I bought or tried another diet I would at least try this since I've had the book forever.

I lost 4 pounds this morning but I do tend to lose quick the first few days and then come to a halt shortly there after. So I'm not going to change my scales until a week has gone by.

I pulled out my bike and will start riding each day.

Good luck everyone
Potato
potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:59 AM   #4  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Good morning! I've been pretty good about eating right...last week was period week, so I didn't lose any weight...no weight gain either WOOHOO!! I did lose quite a few inches though, so I'm assuming my weight not moving is cause of water retention. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here better. Have a great day!
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 03:04 PM   #5  

Thumbs up Sticking with it

Good for you Jeanne. If you can walk 4 miles with kids then surely I can commit to riding my bike.

Yea Holly, 10K? I have trouble doing the 10B (10 steps to my bike) You go girl!!

Now Hpnotg, inches are so much better!!! I can't wait to see mine disappearing.

Keep up the good work and keep me posted. It makes me stay motivated 1 day at a time!

Potato
Old 05-24-2006, 12:02 AM   #6  
Follow Me to Onederland!

Good evening! Hope everyone had a successful day. I was hungrier than usual today...I thankfully was able to stay away from the junk though. See you tomorrow
Old 05-24-2006, 07:16 AM   #7  

Default Late as usual!

Saw the posting for Sticking with it and thought it was for next week - doh. Hope its not too late to join? Well this week so far has not been good. Spent the last two days with my son at a school golf tournament - you know what that means - golf shack food - hot dogs, hamburgers and fries. Jeeze. Well today is a new day - Wednesday - and I will officially start my week now. I am packing my gym bag and will start with a bike ride and end with a light weight workout and then a lovely long shower for my aching muscles. It is my mom's 80th Birthday today so am planning to take her for lunch. Another minefield to negotiate but hopefully I will make some good choices. Hope everyone is doing well this week and will post again later on.

Karen
cybersis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 08:49 AM   #8  
Aleecia

Good Morning Everyone
Happy Hump Day!
So far for me this week is going pretty good. I have stayed within my calorie count and have stuck to working out twice a day for the last 3 days.
TOM decided to appear this morning and I'm feeling a little on the crabby side this morning, which is unusual for me. Usually I don't suffer from any of the symptoms of TOM but today is different.
So far now just trying to work out of this funky mood this morning.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Talk to all soon.
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:07 AM   #9  

Talking sticking with it

Hi everyone,
I'm in a good mood this morning! I lost 7 pounds.

Welcome Cybersis I'm glad you found us.

Angel I still haven't exercised yet. Although my bike is at least on my front porch instead of in the garage. I'm mentally preparing mind so I can actually exercise my physical body.

Lets get a challenge going between all of us. That should be fun.

Potato
Old 05-24-2006, 11:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/230/133

Hey, Well i just posted on the other forum and if id bother to read all of it id of known u had moved over to here.

So. heres goes again.
Im currently at 215lbs, ive dropped 14lbs since join the 3FC website a couple of months ago. and i was stuck. maybe i think this is because i tend to cheat alot. i always and mean always say in my head when im tucking into summin i shouldnt. oh tomorrows another day. i will start then. haha. I really do lack in willpower, so i got up on monday morning and yet again thought yes ill start dieting again. and 3 days later.. lol yes i know its not long. im still sticking to it. i normally give up the same day. So i set myself a challenge to get down to the 200lb mark by july 2nd i think it was. i seriously dnt remember the last time i was 200lbs so that will be a good achievement to me.

So ill leave it at that for now.

So how is everyone?. what is there goals?. i really hope you all dont think im just pushing my way in here.
emzi_bops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:39 AM   #11  
Follow Me to Onederland!

Happy Wednesday ladies!!! Nothing much going on today yet. Gotta work later.

emzi_bops, Angel and Karen! Glad to have you
Old 05-24-2006, 11:57 AM   #12  

Talking sticking with it

Welcome Emzi Bop

Thanks hpnotq I totally forgot about memorial day until I saw your goal!!

I think I am going to make a bunch of low carb meals and freeze them so I don't cheat this weekend. My husband will be off for 4 days and he tends to "unwittingly" sabotage me. This way I can get prepared.

Potato
Old 05-24-2006, 12:16 PM   #13  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Hi everyone~

I like the name of this thread, that is basically my problem~ sticking with it and I like the fact that it is a new thread so it is a lot easier to get to know everybody.
Do you have room for 1 more?
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 12:24 PM   #14  
Aleecia

The more the merrier. Welcome Elyn!
Great aviator picture.
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 12:28 PM   #15  
Follow Me to Onederland!

The closer we get to memorial day, the more I think I won't be making that goal