Old 05-26-2006, 07:56 PM   #61  
In it for life!

Default Enjoyed the posts

Potato, you had me laughing so hard at your post and the icons to go along with it. I've had days like that too or they seemed that way.

I could have eaten EVERYTHING in sight today. Actually had a headache because for some reason I was so hungry. A co-worker brought a cheese ball and crackers today. I had to lock myself in my office to resist temptation. But I managed to refrain from going nuts and drove home like a maniac so I could cook my supper. I really could have eaten a whole pineapple and canadian bacon

I just need to learn that life is not all about dieting ... it's about enjoying the ride along the way.
LindaB763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 11:14 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 200/185/130

Talking sticking with it

aahh such wisdom Grasshopper!

Unfortunately, I feel like my ride today was in the trunk of the car!

But all is well. I did not binge or stress eat.

I drank bottled water each time I felt alittle stessed. Hung in there until Dinner and ate a great meal with dessert.

Now, I get to do it all again tomorrow.

Potato
potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 12:13 AM   #63  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Good evening! Friday night! We went to go see X-Men 3 tonight...pretty good movie especially for someone that had no interest in the comics. My husband and younger brother wanted to see it, so I went along for the fun of it. If anyone is going to see it, make sure you stay until after the credits are done because there's supposed to be something huge there. We didn't know about it until we got home and missed it. For those that asked I have had now 2 fabulous water days Thursday I drank 200 ounces (yes that's right...200) and today I slacked off and only drank 123 ounces. This is gonna be a somewhat crazy weekend. I have to work 11-9 on Saturday....YIKES! But I'll be alright...it's only an hour longer than I'm used to. Then Sunday I have a 12-6 shift which should be a piece of cake after 10 hours.

BainidheDub-WOOOHOO!!! Way to go on the 2 lbs....little by little it'll come right off.

Lady Effinger-Good for you for for not letting yourself just fall off cause you slipped. And by the way...you're in my area. I live in Plano and I see you're in Carrollton...what a small world!

Angel-Spend some time outside....fresh air is good for you...and a long weekend is too!

potato-Yay for joining this group! I agree...I feel much more accountable when I have to come back here and tell yall how I've done. Tomorrow (Saturday) marks 3 weeks for me...which is record time for any "diet" I've ever done. *pats self on back* You can't let family sabotage your great eating habits. When you get stressed just remember that they do still have to go home!

KKitty-When I get into the mindless grazing in the evening I try to read for my Ruffles....wait don't pass out yet! Fat free ruffles...15 chips at 70 cals and no fat. It's not a bad snack when you look at the comparison for other crunchies.

Janice-WELCOME!!! I've found being here has kept me much more accountable for what I'm doing. It really helps to know there are people here counting on me to come by and report how I've been doing.

cybersis-Hello there! Hope you had fun golfing

time2move-Yay for spring cleaning. I NEED to do it sooooo bad! I just keep procrastinating on it though. I'm with ya on the no exercise thing...sometimes it's just so hard to motivate myself.

Linda-4.4 lbs! That's just wonderful!!! Congratulations!

Jeanne-I'm with cybersis....I say the exercise challenge would be a great thing. I drink tons of water...and I do mean tons (see the top of my post lol). I don't see me getting in 10 miles of walking/running etc by June 1st because of my busy schedule. But maybe a week by week exercise challenge where we set a goal of exercise and make it.

emzibops-Way to go! You're getting so close to your goal!

Everyone have a fabulous weekend. I don't know if I'm gonna feel like hopping on here tomorrow night, but I'll definitely be thinking of yall!
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 01:22 AM   #64  
I'm a loser!

S/C/G: 260/240/160

Height: 5'6

Hello. Can I join in here? My name is Tami, I am 18, and I am currently about 260 pounds(depends on the day) I want to weigh 130-150 pounds, but more importantly, I want to look good. I was on the south beach diet for a while, but I have issues sticking to something when I can't have what I know I want lol. I love pasta and breads, and it was hard knowing i CANT have them, not that im choosing not to. So I decided to start counting calories, and exercising. I plan to eat between 1300-1400 calories a day, and exercise 30 minutes or burn 500-800 calories a day, aside from normal activities(like getting dressed, ect ect ect). Today I did good. I ate 1310 calories roughly, thanks to fitday.com and calorie-counter.com. I didn't drink any soda, and I drank 3 bottles of water, and I'm fixing to go get a big glass of water. My 1310 calories today included a cookie(hehe chocolate) and a dinner roll, butter, and 1 cup of corn flakes with 1 cup low fat milk, all of which I know that I need to cut out of my diet, but cold turkey is hard, especially since i made 2 dozen cookies last night hehe. The dinner roll and butter won't be hard to not eat, nor will the cookies be once everyone else eats them, and I don't eat cereal often, I was just hungry. I worked tonight and so I didnt have time to eat lunch and dinner, so I had to eat dinner when I came home from work, and cereal was it. At least it didnt have sugar right?

***IDEA FOR CHALLENGE*** Let's do a piggy bank challenge! I'm doing one for myself. For every pound that you lose, you put $2.00 in your piggy bank, and for every 30 minutes you exercise, you put $.50 in your piggy bank and in a month, we can count our piggy banks and see who has the most money.... That would be fun. I'm excited about doing it for myself. After I lose 50 pounds, I'm buying a new outfit from some of my piggy bank money, and after I get to my goal weight, I'm buying a new wardrobe with my piggy bank money.
Pinkwhispers05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 02:15 AM   #65  

Talking sticking with it

Pinkwhispers05

you've joined a great group of ladies. I'm on the "Carbohydrate Addict Diet"
I've only been on it a week but I am doing good. I think this was a good choice diet for me because I am spoiled and don't like being told I can't have something. It makes me want it that much more. Hungry or not.

With this diet I can eat whatever I want at my reward meal. So its easier for me to stay on it because I tell myself I'll just save that for my reward meal.

Anyway, I know you will do well. I love the piggy challenge.

Well its time for bed. 1:00 a.m. here.

Potato
Old 05-27-2006, 06:58 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 220/220/135

ok.. its almost four in the morning on saturday and i cant sleep! LOL... nothing new though. Im new to this place only a few days and what ive checked out so far it seems to be pretty cool and yet overwhelming at the same time... I guess because i soo much wanna get down to a smaller size. Where im at now.. i can barely chase my *kids* around and my neice. Im a 27 yr old preschool teacher and plan on going back to school to get my degree in child development. Anyways... a while back ago.... i started weight watchers... and did pretty good there... ofcourse i had mom around to nag me about my weight.. she still does but yea she lives elsewhere lol.... So i guess ill start doing that tommorow/today . Cause if i wait anylonger i wont do this. Food has always been a comfort thing for me. Anyhow.. im just rambling not sure where im going with this but yea. I started drinking water instead of soda.. but kinda blew it with my new job ( darn soda machine) lol...

when you first start out does it almost seem overwhelming to where you almost give up.... for good? thanks for lettin me ramble..... ill be back... if thats ok

LC
LauraCarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 09:25 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 230/230/133

Well ive just come on this moring to praise myself, i know i know. that sounds really big headed. So yeah, got on the scales this morning and ive dropped another 3lbs this week. so thats 6lbs already this week. yes i know its water weight but damn doesnt it feel good . Ive got 11lbs left for my first goal im so excited.
Im dead proud of meself too coz the last 3 nights ive bn to the pub with my friends and normally ill have a few beers, not this time, diet coke rocks haha,
you'd think we'd be sick of the pub, after i was just thinking about staying in the house with a dvd i got a phone call from a friend asking whetha i wanted to go out. so why not haha. it is a bank holiday weekend over here so everyone is out drinking,
Well thats enough for now. need to have a shower

x
emzi_bops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 06:52 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 248/248/150

hello everyone I am just checking up with everyone and wishing them well. I am not doing so good with my diet so far but I havent gave up. Reading everyone post really gives me hope daily.
thanks suzieq
suzieq2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:45 AM   #69  
I'm a loser!

Welp. I did really well yesterday,a nd I did good today, until I came home and was faced with PIZZA! lol. I had 3 pieces! omgosh! 540 calories on a 1400 calories a day diet! lol. thats 1/3 of my calories allowed! I'll do better tomorrow I'm exercising tomorrow as well. I havn't had time these past 2 days, and I was working, and itw as raining, but im walking tomorrow
Old 05-28-2006, 09:46 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Yesterday was the first day since I started that I used all my day's allotment of points -- I was out doing errands and stopped at Subway for lunch -- had a 12 inch sub for lunch and used up quite a few points at once! It can be *such* a rude awakening when you suddenly realize how many points a certain food has, esp. if you've been eating it on a regular basis. I found myself @ dinnertime without many points left, so I made a HUGE batch of salad (stored in the refrigerator with a paper towel so it's ready to go!) and had a WW yogurt and called that dinner.

I've been doing well with water but haven't started exercising yet. I like the idea of the piggy. Yesterday while I was out and about I saw a woman wearing a BEAUTIFUL black and crystal bead necklace she made herself -- used Swarovski crystals and I don't know what the black beads were but this necklace was bee-you-ti-ful. There's a really good bead shop here in town that offers lessons -- I've thought a couple of times about signing up but haven't done it -- although I certainly do NOT need another hobby (a.k.a. addiction) but I could use the piggy money to buy beads ... maybe have a bead for every pound I lose ...
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 10:22 AM   #71  

If there's room I'd love to join in here
I've been doing Jenny Craig for 4 weeks~I'm on week 5 now.I do Walk Away the Pounds & Turbo Jam workouts~been slacking there though so need to kick it up a notch!!!
Today is lunch at my folks & later tonight I'm meeting a friend I haven't seen in 20 years.I think I'll be ok.
2CMEAGAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 04:29 PM   #72  

Talking Sticking with it week 1

Yahoo!!! I got 10 pounds off!! I woke up this morning and weighed in and couldn't believe it!! This is the most I have EVER lost in 1 week. I know its just water but its still exciting! Now the big challenge for me will be finishing week 2. I NEVER make it to week 2. Or at least all the way through!!

The great part about all this is I feel great. Normally on a diet I feel deprived, tired and just waiting for someone to give me a reason to snap at them.

I love this diet!! I just finished a good low carb meal which included a salad and grilled boneless ribs(no sauce) and tonight will be my reward meal. Which is good because we are eating at church and those women know how to cook!

I hope this diet is the answer for me because I am not one who watches calories or can be so restrictive about everything.
Lets get real. I didn't get this body because of my self control! I LOVE TO EAT!

Anyway we are going out on the boat tomorrow and spend the day at Shell Island.

Potato
Old 05-29-2006, 12:23 AM   #73  
I'm a loser!

what kind of diet are you using potato? Do you eat 1 reward meal a week or a day or what? How does that work. I too don't have self control hehe. I love to eat as well......
Old 05-29-2006, 12:42 AM   #74  
Follow Me to Onederland!

Good Sunday evening everyone!!! Hope you have all had a fantastic weekend. I worked 10 hours on Saturday and 6 today. I was exhausted. My hubby (Rick) wanted to grill out for dinner tonight, so I picked up some ground turkey for me and we both had burgers. I'm amazed at just how good ground turkey tastes...too bad it's so expensive....but then again what food that's healthy doesn't cost a little bit more? After we grilled out, we sat down to watch the rest of the Coca Cola 600 (NASCAR race). After the race I didn't feel like doing anything, but I had just brought home Billy Blanks boot camp from work to try out....so I just did it. WOOOO what a workout! That guy has some amazing stamina. I'm exhausted, but I feel absolutely fabulous. Enough about me...time to talk about yall.

Pinkwhispers05 aka Tami- to Stickin' With It!!!! You've taken the first step by joining us! We're happy to have you and look forward to any successes from you....and we're here for you through your frustrations as well. Way to go on your water drinking! I'm a firm believer that my success (as little as it has been) is directly correlated with how much water I drink. I'm also a firm believer that you don't necessarily need to have off limits foods...especially not milk (cause we NEED that calcium!). I myself have off limit foods, but that's because on top of my lower fat and calories, I have to watch the cholesterol in what I eat. That's right...I'm 22 and have high cholesterol. Hope you'll come by and post with us often...I know coming here is part of what keeps me going every day! As for your piggy bank challenge idea....I LOVE IT!

LauraCarrot- to Stickin' With It!!!! Thanks for joining us! I know how you feel in being overwhelmed. My first week was just plain overwhelming. I didn't know where to turn for information or support. I wasn't sure what to do...what to eat etc. There's no such thing as "blowing it." You slip every now and then, but we're here to pick you right back up again....so you hit the soda machine. Big deal...that was then. This is now. Drink up that water. It has been a big help for me. I was a struggling COE (compulsive overeater) and adding alot of water to my diet has helped me when I felt like munching. Beyond that I found I have more energy drinking water than I ever did when I was drinking soda. We're here for you through good times and bad. Come by and post often...not only with your successes but with your frustrations too. We can always count on potato to end our pity parties and kick our butts back in gear (THANKS POTATO!!!).

emzi_bops-WOOOOHOOOO!!!! 3 more lbs! Way to go! There's nothing big headed about wanting to celebrate success! We wanna hear all about it because it motivates us to keep it up (well at least that's how it is for me.) Keep up the good work! You're well on your way to your July 1st goal!

suzieq-Hi there! Keep on trucking...you can do it!

Donna-I love Subway, but I couldn't have it the way I like it anymore. With my cholesterol I'd have to do away with the cheese and with my lowering the fat in my foods I'd have to do away with the mayo. Oh well..it leaves more money in the bank for us to spend elsewhere.

Angie- to Stickin' With It!!!! We're happy to have you here...and there's certainly always room for more! How did lunch with the folks and meeting your friend go? Check in with us often. I may not always have time to post but I do stop by regularly.

Potato-WOOOHOOOO!!! 10 lbs! Wow! What a loss! You're incredibly inspiring! Have fun out on the boat tomorrow!

Everyone have a fabulous Memorial Day...and please take a minute to remember what Memorial Day is truly about. See yall tomorrow night!
Old 05-29-2006, 12:44 AM   #75  
Follow Me to Onederland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkwhispers05
what kind of diet are you using potato? Do you eat 1 reward meal a week or a day or what? How does that work. I too don't have self control hehe. I love to eat as well......
FYI she's doing the Carb Addict Diet. I believe it's low carb for 2 meals a day and then anything she wants for the last meal...potato come in here and correct me if I'm wrong Hope that helps Tami!