Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 11:24 AM   #91  
RosieKate

A quickie from me as well....a busy day lay ahead....

Hope everyone has a great day..it is raining like no one's business here in the beautiful PACNW; my DD has a playdate coming over later andnow I can't just shoo them outside...sigh.

Susan - so sorry to hear of your father's passing. You are in our thoughts and prayers and hope everyone is holding up ok. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.....

Foodwise, I am holding steady...TOM came to town at 3:47 this morning fortunately, I was able to get back to sleep. Went to yoga @ 6, which really helped alot...not feeling too *****y, at least not yet

Ciao

Old 05-23-2006, 11:25 AM   #92  
RosieKate

Shawna
here's a sticky from the JL thread for you....

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36374

Old 05-23-2006, 01:07 PM   #93  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Everyone seems to busy this morning. Josh and I went to the park and walked 3 miles. He was going to jog it but his knee was hurting. Almost got attacked by some momma geese...man they don't like anyone getting close to their babies. Haven't been to that park in a while and was surprised to see so many babies, oh so cute! And I did get some pictures, hopefully they turn out fine since we couldn't get close. They were hissing at us, lol! Saw some baby turtles on the rocks too as well as a snake, yikes! Not sure what kind of snake it was and we thought it was dead but when we went back around it was gone. It was a brownish/reddish snake...not seen one of them before. Anyway...then went to Lowes to get another gallon of paint...it's a buff/cream color the we painted the hall with and when V gets to it he will paint the walls going down to the basement the same color. But since we painted the master the pink bath is just not working with the magnolias. So the rose border is gone (gotta finish getting it off today before he gets home) and we are painting it the cream color also since it is in the comforter. Then I am putting the magnolia border on and accessorizing with green towels, rugs and curtain.

SUSAN...thinking of you and sending hugs your way. Wish I could be there for ya...it sucks living so far away from everyone.

BEP...WOOHOO on your NSV!

MICHELLE...hope you are having a great day.

JULES...try not to work too hard. I know that is easier said than done.

KATY...enjoy the playdate. We had some nasty weather through here yesterday...more hail, hate that stuff. Luckily so far no one's vehicles have been damaged. Glad you were able to get back to sleep and you're not so cranky.

GINNY...looking at the miles you have biked so far...just think how far you could have gone in those 450 miles! Keep up the good work!

DEB...WTG on the inches lost! I was just looking at my calendar and this is week 5 that I have been working out. Haven't lost a pound yet, but not giving up. I am thinking I am building muscle, or maybe hoping, lol! We'll all get there sooner or later.

KATHY...hope you enjoyed your weekend with your mom and little one. Nothing like a nice little get away from it all. I need one!

Hi to everyone else

Can't spend much time on the computer like I would like to if I am going to get that border off before time to go get Vince.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 05-23-2006, 02:02 PM   #94  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,

Forgive me for not being chatty and coming in just to talk about .......myself - haha.

I came into work this morning. I spent the day yesterday with my brothers and sisters at my fathers. I think we spent 2 or 3 hours just shifting through his bills and waiting for the VA to call us back. They never did so 2 went up there to get some info on how to release my fathers remains. It took us until last night to come to an agreement on the funeral home. I have the task of closing for his utilities and getting some pictures together for his funeral - which is Friday.I cried when I spoke with his landlord who said my father was a great man. The landlord said to call him back when we decided on a funeral home because he wanted to send flowers. I started to cry and he said.....I won't say anymore. I said ok....*sob*sob.....
My father worked for a lot of Native American and Latino clients ( he was an AA counselor - ). One of the Native American agencies that he help start back in the 70's wants to honor him. I never knew it but they say he is the most recognized person from the govenors office on his work for Native Americans in the state.
I only can at night when I crawl in bed and the lights are out. I dread the funeral because I know that will be the hardest part. It is a numb feeling now and is easy with so much to do and get ready.
3 things I will remember about my daddy,,,,
He always said he loved you when he talked with you
He always gave you a hug
He always gave you a kiss on the cheek hello and good bye......
and he (ok, 4.....) always said "Mia work your program!".....lol.......

Thank you (to all ) for your thoughts for my family.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:19 PM   #95  
kitty Momo

I did good on my food intake yesterday. I took salad stuff to my dads and made a turkey salad. The others had subway. I had 3 handfuls of bar b q chips......and put the bag in the kitchen. My younger sister later came and sat by me eating the chips and said "is this stress eating?" and I just laughed.....I think we deserve a little stress eating.

anyway, I just wanted to add that..............
Old 05-23-2006, 02:23 PM   #96  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

UGH!!!! I'm STARVING TO DEATH today!

Usually, I do great with 1200 cals, but today, I am starving and it is driving me crazy! If I weren't "changing my lifestyle", this would definitely be one of those days where I grazed ALL day long. Here is what I had so far...

Breakfast:
Fruit&Grain cereal bar (120)

Snack:
Apple (80)

Lunch:
Thin sliced ham on 12 grain bread (light miracle whip, mustard, lettuce, tomato, & red onion) (260)

Snack:
12 grain toast (80)

OK...that slice of toast was not even 5 minutes ago and my stomach just growled...loudly! UGH!!! Why in the world would I be so hungry today on the same foods I eat all the time and am usually quite satisfied with???? I am also REALLY tired today. And my butt hurts from my squats & all that walking I did yesterday. I am soooo NOT going to go off on a binge and eat crap!!!
Old 05-23-2006, 02:59 PM   #97  
time to focus!!!

S/C/G: 279/245/170

Default bep

i was like that yesterday, i think im ovulating, i tend to get the munchies and feel more hungry 2 weeks before my period......so i will eat more foods with more fiber in them, and add some extra protein for energy. also, if you are working out more that will will do it too. the more calories you burn the more your body needs to replenish itself, otherwise you get tired and worn down. make sure you are are getting enough carbs, just make sure they're the good kind . ok off to make dinner, i found this recipe on here, it looks pretty yummy, here it is if anybody wants to check it out.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/cookbook/viewrecipe/1123
ty kate for the list, i have copied and pasted it and saved it on my computer.
hope everyone is having a good day,
shawna
Old 05-23-2006, 08:00 PM   #98  
ugggg.....

I am really tired so I am just doing another quickie--got the appointment for hubby to go see a surgeon for the suspected muscle tear--DD's divorce hearing is Thursday--she's getting realy nervous and upset and I have to admit I am getting worried myself--this will be the first time she actually sees him since he left. SHe says she still loves him but she knows it would never be the same.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:52 PM   #99  
time to focus!!!

Default nite nite

jules, i hope everything goes well with your daughter, she will stay strong with you by her side.
we had our volleyball tournament tonight, single elimination, and surprisingly enough we made it to the 3 round. last game the team was just really good, but we played well against them.
regional mgr is coming in town tomorrow or thurs, so i will be working some extra hours to make sure my store is in shape.
good night all,
shawna
Old 05-24-2006, 10:34 AM   #100  
time to focus!!!

Default where yall at

well i thought for sure i would be late posting this morning ....lol
having my kashi waffles for breakfast, and ill be taking some of the leftover enchilada casserole that i made last night, it was yummy. i have regional mgr coming in today so i need to scoot, gotta get to work a little early to make sure everything looks good. ill check back later
hugs,
shawna
Old 05-24-2006, 12:52 PM   #101  
ugggg.....

lunchtime here..still busy hope and it will be for at least the next six weeks--have been drinking my water, taking vitamins & a Bcomplex for stress and it seems to be helping.

Shawna--hope your having a great day!!

Hello to everyone else!!
Old 05-24-2006, 01:25 PM   #102  
2006 Resolution in Action

S/C/G: 252/188/150

Default Hi

HI Everybody

I have been swamped at work and I am computerless at home for about a week since our computer is at CompUsa.

Congratulations to all of you who lost weight this week and all the other NSVs!!! Great job!!!!!!

I have been doing good keeping busy and getting back on track. I was glad to see that even though the scale didn't budge - I fit into another size smaller jeans this morning!!!! It was a great feeling.

We have a barbecue to go to on Monday and I am so glad that I won't be hidden in my big clothes for this one.

Question to all: Do you ever feel guilty for losing the weight? What I mean is that my sister and I were the same weight at one time as well as my sister in law. When I started Jenny in January she said she was going to do something else. Well since all that in February we stopped talking over some work/family issues and I have not seen or talked to her since. It has been bitter and ugly but now we will all see eachother at the barbecue on Monday. Even though I really can't stand her and am not interested in any future relationship with her ( at least not now) I have heard from my mom that she has not lost anything and even has gained again. I know what a struggle weight issues are and I feel guilty going there and having everyone comment on my weight loss. I just sometimes feel guilty and I am the same way with some friends who I know are struggling and I just know that even though they say nice things - they still think about themselves. I used to be that person!

Any advice???
Old 05-24-2006, 01:39 PM   #103  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya Chickies!

I cannot believe how hot it is already! The air was coming on this morning at 8 so know it's going to be a hot one! I did get to It Figures and get my work out done and always feel better after doing it. I get up and get so lazy some mornings I literally have to force myself out of bed and go. I get there and am dragging a little and start working out and get going good. Then I have all this energy for the rest of the day. Feels good but I find myself trying to find things to do. So didn't do Wally World this morning. Trying to get on my three day work out at It Figures and do Mon, Wed, & Friday and then walk on the other days, except for my free day of course. So wally world has moved to Thursday. I also got in a mile walk. So, I am feeling pretty good right now.

SUSAN...you do all the "me" posts you want sweetie. ((((((HUGS)))))) to you. I have to say, reading your post brought back all the memories of DH#1's funeral, and brought tears to my eyes. I think I was in a daze and numb for months after that. Didn't really hit me hard that he was actually dead until everyone left the house. I had a friend and my mom stay with me for two weeks. Then it was weird. Also, don't think I slept much for the first year after. It will take some time but you will be fine...in the mean time...we are here for you. Wish I could be there in person to give those hugs to you. What a GREAT thing to be remembered for, such an awesome accomplishment. And a great daddy too! I always feel like our loved ones are watching us from above. And you are entitiled to stress eat!

JULES...that is going to be so hard for your DD, (((((HUGS))))) to her. I think she will always love him. I think as time goes by though that love will fade, especially when she meets someone special, and she will. When the time is right it will happen. But I can only imagine how hard it's going to be for her to see him tomorrow. Hope everything goes well and I am glad she will have her family by her side. B complex for stress ugh? Maybe I should try that. I take a OneADay for Women, vitaminE, calcium and folic acid. Heard vitamin b is good for a lot of things, can't remember anything off hand at the moment though. Thinking I may need to add that to my morning vitamins.

SHAWNA...thinking I may have to try the kashi foods. I see the cereals when I get cereal, never saw the waffles or other stuff. But then I never really looked either. Just trying to watch my portion size, cut out the junk and exercise. Well, and drink my water too. I really need to get more but right now 4-5 bottles a day are good for me. Figure it is definitely better than none and all. I don't drink less than the 4 so, it's gotta be good.

BEP...maybe you should add another fruit or another piece of toast. Geez, I WOULD starve on what you are eating, lol! Good for you though for staying tough and not going to binge.

HI to everyone else, KATHY, SUNNY, KATY, GINNY, MARI, MICHELLE, DEB, JUNEC and anyone I missed! (When everyone doesn't post I can't remember everyone) Hope you ladies are well.

Well, guess I will go take a gander at some other threads and look up a few things before getting off this thing and getting something done around the house. V (DH) got the master bath painted the cream/buff color last night and I like it! So I need to put some things back on the walls and possibly do the border. Definitely liking it better than the pink even though I loved that big rose border. I also like the magnolias (always had a thing for them) so think this will actually stay longer than the pink. We painted it when we moved in and that was 2 yrs. and 3 months ago so that's not so bad. Anyway, loving the new color in the bedroom too! Well, better go get something done or I will be here all day.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!
Old 05-24-2006, 01:43 PM   #104  
kitty Momo

Please STOP and head on over to the Back In Kindergarten #6 thread!!!
Closed Thread