Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 06:46 PM   #46  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Susan ~ I am 42 years young, but I went to King Grade School in OC.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:09 PM   #47  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies!

I spent so much time on other threads now I don't have time to do individuals, sorry But I wanted to at least say Hi to everyone and I PROMISE to be back in the morning after my walk to post and do individuals. But here's what's been going on...

Well, Josh is home. Made it to and fro the airport with not problems and no traffic, everything is hunky dory! And Josh loved the balloons! The cake and everything! Since V had to go into work early this a.m (he's my walking partner on the weekend) Josh went in his place. He had planned on getting up to go jogging and I told him I go walk at 6. He said that will do and he'll go. He's going to go tomorrow to. V said he would go if Josh doesn't want to but I thought it would be great to let him sleep in. He's worked so much this past week he deserves it. Anyway, just been spending the day with Josh. He is enjoying being home and I know these two weeks are going to fly by We just got back from the movie. Went to see Scary Movie 4, goofy movie. Going to BBQ at about 6 or 6:30. Made a potato salad earlier and bought a seedless watermelon, yummy to my tummy! I love watermelon! He's taking a nap right now which is good because they got them up early yesterday morning. He was 3 hours from LAX and was at the airport at 6:30 and on the plane at 7:30 and didn't go to bed until about midnight last night. Just good to have him home.

Also, wanted to say to MICHELLE...I am glad to see that you are still here. Probably going to repeat what has been said already but here goes. We don't want to see you go and so sorry that you feel negelected. I too think we have all been there and done that. But I have learned to that it's not meant to be hurtful. Sometimes we all get busy and just don't get to everyone. Sometimes too, if someone has posted and only says something to one or two people I may not comment on what was said. It totally depends on what it is. You know, like I am butting into someone's conversation? That is why I try to always make a point of saying "Hi to everyone else" sometimes I mention names and sometimes I don't because sometimes my head is and I don't want to forget someone so a Hi to everyone covers everyone else. And too sometimes I think some of us just do like a general post about what is going on with us for the day or just in our lives at that moment, like now with me. My dog is sitting here whining wanting dinner, lol! I've stayed on longer than I planned and need to get going and feed him and get the BBQ grill cleaned and ready. I think Josh went to sleep. Anyway...

Take care ladies and I will be back tomorrow!
Old 05-20-2006, 08:52 PM   #48  
RosieKate

I'm back!

We had a great morning at the preschool for family day, then came home and I dug out a hole to relocate a patio in our backyard. Great workout! Then I knit a little , ate some dinner, and here I am.

Cristina - I 'm so glad Josh is home safe and sound...sounds like you are having a lovely visit.

Michelle - so glad you haven't given up on us! Wouldn't it be weird if you and Susan went to the same elementary school? You know, she and I found each other on 3fc, then realized we only live about a mile apart IRL...it's a weird world I tell you.

Chickie - great article...all those suggestions fit very well with the Zone. I have to admit that when I eat a balanced diet, dedicating the carbs to fruits, veggies, and whole grains, I feel so much better. I sleep better and I have more energy. Now I just need to repeat that to myself over and over on pizza and beer nights

Susan- yeah; the rain was yesterday. Was supposed to rain today but it's been very nice as you know. I've been outside for most of the day. Hope your dad feels better soon. Ugh - Baker and Spice is to die for! James asked if we could go there for lunch today. I told him that I gain 5 lbs every time we go there, so we are saving it for very special and infrequent occasions.

JuneC - WTG on resisting the Hersheys...it gets easier the more you do it, believe it or not.

Have a great evening everyone!

Old 05-20-2006, 10:06 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 176/174/155

DOHHHHHH I am so mad!! I totaly just spent the last 20 min posting to everyone and when I hit send...I got an internet explorer error. Totaly lost it all. GRRRR anyway, I am to tired to type that all in again. lol Sounds like everyone had a very productive day though. Yeah for us!!! I stayed under 1300 calories today! Woohoo! Gotta get in bed now...catch you all in the morning!!
Old 05-20-2006, 10:25 PM   #50  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

WOW!!! This sure is a chatty bunch!!! I think I have been sitting here forever just reading up on this thread! LOL! It's fun though!

Hi everyone! Boy....I have been running around here from sun up until past sundown. I FINALLY finished all those sewing projects that I have been working on and have been taking all of my time. Then I tackled the house big time. I have been putting things on the back burner until I finished my projects. I even got outside for some yardwork tonight instead of getting in a long walk. I have done REALLY well with the cals! I jolly well BETTER see a drop in the scale next Friday!!! Oh well...even if I don't, I still know I am doing the healthy thing. No...nevermind...I am not that noble...I really had BETTER see a drop on the scale!!!!

I am EXHAUSTED tonight! Not time to rest yet...piles of laundry still to go!
Old 05-20-2006, 11:21 PM   #51  
2006 Resolution in Action

S/C/G: 252/188/150

Default Happy Saturday

HI all,

I hope you are all having a good Saturday! So after almost five months I have had my first big screw up!!! I was okay last night at dinner and then today my husband's sister wanted to go to this street fair with her daughter and us. My son was so excited so we went so of course she goes and buys me and her the beer mugs with tons of beer tickets!! I told her that I don't really drink since it counts as my food, etc. So she is a total sabotager and tells me how I am losing too much and I can totally stand to go off for awhile. This is coming from a woman who gave me all her "fat clothes" about three months ago and then I just gave her all my new clothes to her last week and she didnt like that I was smaller than her!!!

So I gave in, I blew it, I had some beers and after that it was all downhill....... Deep fried artichoke hearts soon followed by garlic fries and some more micro beers and later some nachos. it was bad news!!!!! I dread the scale on Monday. I am so disappointed in myself. I figure I must have gained 5 lbs from today and will have to walk so much tomorrow to try and see how I can recover from this damage. It was funny since as I was eating she was buying all these things and believe me she never buys anything!!!!!!

Anyway had to share, I am going to go climb under the blankets and cry!!!!!
Old 05-21-2006, 11:21 AM   #52  
One day at a time

Smile

Good morning Chickies!

Lots of posting going on since I was gone! So hard to keep up sometimes. Took me an hour to read everything! But it's all good, love to see all the posts! So keep posting away ladies

Hi and WELCOME JUNE C and SUNNY! Glad to have you ladies here and looking forward to getting to know you.

SUSAN...((((((HUGS)))))) to you sweetie. Hoping everything turns out for the best for you dad and will keep him and your family in my prayers. Glad he's not in pain though. How is Gaby doing, is she feeling better? So glad to hear Rachel doing so well. How touching that she told Rebecca she loves her.

JUNE C... I used to be a June Cleaver. My first marriage we did greet DH at the door when he came and I always had dinner ready when he came home. The house was always spotless and the kids clean. People always asked me how I kept the house so clean, ummm, I clean it. But you have kids, yeah, they pick up after themselves, and they always took a nap. So I had plenty of time to clean house. My kitchen floors were so clean you could eat off them-I wouldn't and never did, lol! But things have changed over the years. I still keep a clean house but nothing like back then, not as anal anymore about it. I don't vacuum every day and dinner, happens when I get to it and the kids are grown. Anyway, where in MO do you live? I lived in Joplin for 3 years back in the 90's. Not sure why I ever left there because I loved it. Went back through there last year on my way to AR and man that place seems to have grown. You can and eventually will lose weight with walking. That is my main source of exercise and I lost 13 pounds doing it. Unfotunately I got lazy and gained most of it back! But I started again. Not getting to far with losing the weight but I know I am working toward a healthier me and that's all that matters. I walk 5-6 days a week. On the weekend I do 3 miles Sat. & Sun and do It Figures (place like Curves) three days a week. Even on the days I do It Figures I try to get at least a mile walk in. And I take one Free day where I don't exercise or walk. I still stick to the eaiting, drinking my water and taking my vitamins but no exercise.

SHAWNA...a double date sounds so nice. I can't remember the last time we went out with another couple. Thinking it was with DH#1...we used to do that at least once a month. Thanks for sharing the article. I printed it out to read later.

MARI...how the heck do you read on the treadmill woman? I can't even read in the car, lol! I saw your sig and was wondering, what is Argenix? I read The Notebook and it was a GREAT book! DH bought me the DVD and I didn't like the movie as much. The book was definitely much better. And sweetie...today is a new day! Don't fret about yesterday. My personal opinion is it is okay to overindulge once in a while, as long as it isn't too often. So don't be so hard on yourself missy.

GINNY...I thought that odd...about the minister and the finances. But then after reading Katy's post it made sense. There are so many couples now days that start their marriages off mot so good financially so it really makes sense. But then I read your next post about the minister being chauvinistic. While he may be though, the finacial papers still may be all about starting the marriage off good in all ways. Even though he is a minister, sounds like he needs to get with the times. Anyway...about my miles ticker...it's not actually a ticker. I just typed the info at the bottom, fixed it up with color and a smiley. It's easier than a ticker because you can just go to your signature and change it everyday. Well, just like the 3fc tickers. The weight ticker that I had with the ticker factory it wouldn't let me change it here. I had to go make a new one each time. Was a pain to say the least so I went with the 3fc one.

MICHELLE...hope all is well with you and you are enjoying your weekend. And hope it's not hot there in OR. I think we got you guys' hot weather. it was 97 Friday. A little cooler yesterday and think it is supposed to be the same today, about 89. But we did get some rain last night and we needed that. Supposed to get more this evening, we'll see. Unless the weather man got it mixed up.

JULES...you silly woman, lol! You made me laugh with your comment about you not starting a fire from the friction of your thighs rubbing together! Sounds like me, lol! Think I am going to add the elliptical to my routine this week. I got on the scales this morning, which was not good especially after yesterday but it was the same. Tomorrow is my "official" WI so I will go by that. Glad DH made it to the doc and the doc doesn't think it is a hernia. DH had surgery for one about 3 or 4 years ago, wasn't too bad. He got to take time off of work and got paid for it so he enjoyed it. But he had let it go for some time before finally going to the doc, men!

SUNNY...I'm assuming the avatar is your DD's??? The are precious! And what a big family! Of course there are 6 of us, 3 girls and 3 boys. Supposedly, my dad after having three girls was trying for a boy, lol. My youngest brother has 5 girls, yikes! Couldn't imagine having that many girls under one roof! Hey, another Napoleon fan here! I love that movie! Saw a VOTE for Pedro bumper sticker the other day, cracked me up.

KATY...your post made sense about the minister and finaces, never thought about it in that light. And you go girl! Wanna come over here and do a patio for me?! PLEASE! First the compost and now a patio...busy, busy, busy! When you do the bench, you have to share pix. And you do sound like June Cleaver! Thanks for posting that info again. I had it somewhere but can't find it.

BEP...WTG on the NSV! Isn't that the greatest compliment...when someone notices all your hard work?!

Okay, think I got everyone, that was a lot of reading and posting, lol! Boy, I just wanted to stay in bed this morning. Apparently everyone else did too because I went on my walk by myself! Josh said he would go and V said he would if Josh didn't want to. Well, Josh did answer when I knocked on his door so I let him and V sleep in. I'm such a nice mother/wife, yeah right, lol! I should have made sure they both got up. Anyway, going to catch up on some cleaning today and hopefully get some reading in. I keep saying I need to finish reading but get too busy with other things. But I am going to today! Nothing else to do. So...take care ladies and I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday! And remember....tomorrow is WI!
Old 05-21-2006, 11:36 AM   #53  
time to focus!!!

S/C/G: 279/245/170

Default mari

ya know, you didnt blow it, after 5 months of being good, one day of doing whatever is not going to hurt you. i give myself a cheat day once a week, just get back on track today and who knows you might see some extra weight loss, i have read somewhere that if you do this it kick starts your metabolism again. we all know that it takes alot of hard work to get to our goal but if you deprive yourself too much you can end up back where you started.......you can do it, just dont give up because of one night of enjoying yourself.
hugs,
shawna
Old 05-21-2006, 11:45 AM   #54  
Ginny

Good morning ladies,s

Katy, you sound like Martha Stewart, from moving compost pile, to changing a patio, to building a cob bench... you just keep going. More like a Martha Stewart/everyready bunny combo.

Christina, thanks for the info on your walking tracker, I'll have to see if I can fix something up. I didn't ride last night, Had my dgd overnight. Just got back from taking her home. She is so sweet. She is only 5 but she is so prim and proper.. such good manners... wonder where she got that from..j/k... amazes me how well she write already and reads. They learn so much more so much sooner these days. I could write cursive when I entered kindergarden and I could read, my older sister loved to teach me everything she learned, didn't care that I was almost 4 yrs. younger, I was going to learn, I had the bruises to prove it.. anyway, my teacher wouldn't let me write cursive, not even my name on my papers, she said I had to print cause that is what kindergardeners do... glad they let them go ahead now. Glad you are having a good time with your Josh. My Josh has gone back to school. Well school is out for the summer, but he has a full time job in that town. So they'll be staying there all summer.

June, would you really want to be June Cleaver.. that poor woman had to do housework in heels and pearls. I like a clean house but I also want a lived in house. I want it to be comfortable and cozy. Also, I think you were the one talking about fitday. I go there. THe only thing I use it for is the journal. The calorie counter takes forever and I don't care for the way it works. It don't have normal food on there. It has a lot of frozen things and combos but not ordinary things, and it takes so long to go thru the lists every time.

Michelle, glad to see you are sticking around. Hope you feel better about it.

Sunny, where in Michigan do you live? I am in Ludington, actually about 6 miles south of town. It is cold here again. Yet another cold front has come through. I am beginning to wonder if we'll even have summer this year. It's looking pretty iffy.

Hello to everyone else. I just finished a yummy piece of seedless watermelon.Now I have to get ready for work. Have to leave a little early, let the girl close up today. Have to go to my sister's mil's visitation tonight. We might stop in to see my own mil, since we'll be in same town. My dh brother is up for the weekend, I asked him if he was going to go see his mom, he said no, he saw her 2 wks ago.. they'll wait a while to see her again. Like maybe he could give his sister a break for a bit.. so she can go relax alitte. he doesn't think of that.. errrrr

Anyway, gotta go. Have a great Sunday all. Check in in the morning.. WI I want to hear lots of Yeah'ssss.. so good luck all.

Ginny
Old 05-21-2006, 02:21 PM   #55  
ugggg.....

Michelle ma belle--you and Susan probably crossed paths--it's funny my DH is 6 years older than me and it turns out that we knew so many of the same people. What's realy funny me and my friend remember thinking this black Duster had these hot guys in--turns out it was my DH's car!!

Cristina--DH's blood pressure was up a little--Dr thinks it was he stressed himself out so badly...Glad you are enjoying Josh!!

Katy--just where do you get all your energy??? I just started a new multi Vitmain called "Alive" it seems to have upped my energy a little--drinking water helps too. I just have to keep it up!!

Sunny--I hate when I have a post ready to go and "poof" it's gone!!

Bep--I sewed a button back on DH's khakis and fixed a hole in a pair of his jeans this morning. Katy is our own little crafty queen with all her projects going at once. I am doing clothes and getting a hold of the "junk" that is growing in our bedroom!! You know that space where you throw everything when someone is comming and then you finally have to deal with it...Ihope your scale moves in the right direction!!

Mari--don't let one bad calorie day break you...and why is it people have to try and sabotage you when your trying to lose weight--I have a couple of ladies at work that KNOW I am dieting and yet offer all these bad things to me. It's like they want me to fail as an excuse for them not to make changes...

Shawna--hey there chickie!!

Ginny--hop eyou are having a great day too!!

SuzyQ--where are you!!! Hope everything is alright!!

Back to cleaning!! Everyone have a great day!!!
Old 05-21-2006, 02:34 PM   #56  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Katy ~ That's so neat that you and Susan met on here and live so close together! Thanks for your kind words!

Sunny ~ The same thing has happened to me before also when doing a very long post...I was SO mad!

Bep ~ Hope you can slow down a little today and find some relax time for yourself!

Mari ~ You need to treat yourself once in awhile and not beat yourself up! I make one day a week to go out and have a cheat day.

Cristina ~ It's cooled down here so much from a week ago, and I love it! you probably did get our hot weather...I'm sorry!

Shawna ~ Good Morning!

Ginny ~ Thank you for your kind words!

Jules ~ My DH is also 6 years older than me too!

Susan ~ Where are you today? Are you visiting over here in OC?
Old 05-21-2006, 04:25 PM   #57  
One day at a time

Hello ladies, again, lol!

Little bored today so thought I would get online for a few minutes before I start reading. Once I start I don't want to put the book down until I finish it but that doesn't always happen.

MICHELLE...yeppers, I think we did get your hot weather, Also, a little bit of rain too! I'm actually not minding the rain though. The heat is a totally different story, don't like it!

JULES...stress will do that to ya, poor hubby. Hope he's not as stressed now.

GINNY...kids are a lot smarter these days! I know when DD started kindergarten they screened them. Didn't do that with the boys. After they tested her the lady asked me if I thought about holding her back a year because she couldn't count to 100 and didn't know some of her colors. I told her no, that I thought she would do just fine. I always worked with the kids with their reading, writing, colors, numbers and other stuff and didn't think they would have a problem. And none of them did. But yeah, she was reading in Kindergarten and that was back in the 80's.

Ms. SUSAN...where are ya? We miss you but I know you are busy with the girlies, so enjoy!

Anyway, just wanted to say HI to everyone! Hope you all are enjoying your day!
Old 05-21-2006, 04:41 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 176/174/155

Happy Sunday Girls!!! How is everyone's day so far? Everything here in is well, today is my chore day. blah...and someone PLEASE tell my DH not to bring home soft batch cookies anymore! He says, but the kids like them, I say to him but I LOVE them!! lol I should have the cookie monster as my avatar. Hey thats a good idea. I will do it! lol...mmmm but I have a yummy healthy dinner cooking. Turkey breast, baked potatos, ( I will only have half of one) and steamed broccoli and cauliflower! yummy yummy!

Susan- sorry to hear about your dad, I hope he gets better soon. Sending my prayers your way. What a drag about your ex...good thing he is your ex now. We need all the support we can get in the journey!!

Cristina- It is my two youngest babies. They are so much fun! 5 girls!! Oh no, I would die. Two is giving my gray hairs. lol about Napolean, it's only the best movie ever made GOSH!!

Ginny- I am in Howell, not from Michigan originaly so not sure where Ludington is. Atleast the sun is shining today, but that breeze is brrrr. I just nice walking weather.

Off to check on my dinner...hey do you guys have a day when you all weigh in together? Or does everyone just have their own weigh in days?
Old 05-21-2006, 05:11 PM   #59  
time to focus!!!

Default weigh in day

weigh in day is monday, so tomorrow.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:21 PM   #60  
time to focus!!!

Default evening all

howdy everybody, well it seems my youngest dd has got the stomach virus now......i came home from work an hour early because she wanted me too, and now shes feeling better .......... i am washing my hands and spraying everything with lyesol, i do not want to get that nasty stuff!!! after my oldest dd gets home from work were going to go workout. cardio and legs and abs today.
we had a great time on our double date last nite, it was my cheat day that i give myself once a week, so i had my favorite food of all.........chicken fingers and fries....also had a couple beers, i think i bowled my worst game ever!!! dh and i used to be in a league forever ago and my average was 185, i bowled a daggum 80, it was horrible. anyway, i think were going golfing next.....i havent golfed in 20 years!! so it should be pretty interesting. so back to my normal healthy eating today, had some kashi harvest cinnamon wheats for breakfast, salad with cottage cheese, a protein bar for a snack, and dinner some lean steak with squash, zucchini and onions cooked in olive oil and garlic. early dinner for me so i will probably have a protein shake before we workout. hope everyone has had a great sunday.
hugs,
shawna
Closed Thread