Old 05-17-2006, 07:47 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #131

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:52 AM   #2  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes so if you have a complaint or gripe, now's the time to share it!

Amanda
Faye

Good morning gals. Has anyone ever had trouble when dieting with a multi vitamin causing acid reflux? I can't figure out what it could be other than that because my stomach is empty of food and it happened this morning around 6 AM. Weird!

Amanda: Good for you and keep up the good work.

Susan: Your poor husband. He just doesn't seem to get a break, does he. I hope you don't have too much trouble getting him to walk when you get home and are by yourself. Men can be stubborn beings. Hope he feels better fast.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Faye
Old 05-17-2006, 04:35 PM   #3  

Hello to everyone,

I have another Wed. Woe, yes again. My dh had to spend his 40th BD alone in a hotel room due to a work training. I feel so bad for him. Isn't funny. I never post my points. (because they are much) but I always have a woe. Really, I'm not a negative person, but I love a place to complain. And I normally to share things like this with just anyone. I guess that means I feel I can share with you ladies.

My dil's dad is on his way home. Thank you Lord! It's been a real trying time for everyone, but I do forgive him. And I understand he made a mistake.

Susan, I will continue to keep your husband and family in prayer.

I hope everyone has a great day.
cwneeds2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:59 AM   #4  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so take time to love yourself a little today. You are worth it!

Faye (horrible day and I will say no more!)
Susan

I hope everyone has a scrumptious day today. I have lots I need to think about today and lots of work so I need to go.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 05-18-2006 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:24 AM   #5  

Good morning, ladies. Had my physical yesterday and the md was very pleased that I have lost 9 pounds since the end of November and my test results were all great...except thyroid.

DH is always 2 steps forward and 1 step back - did an endoscopy yesterday and found an ulcer in his small intestine, another in his stomach and a hital hernia. Put him on a liquid diet so his dinner tray last night was chicken broth, grape juice, cherry jello and 2 popsicles. The poor man is hungry and has no extra weight to lose! May have to do a colonoscopy today so I hope that was the only reason for the liquids. Another 4-5 days before he can go home.

I'm doing pretty good with my diet - but only 2 points for yesterday (had a candy bar).
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 06:53 AM   #6  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday so how did we do this week, ladies?

I didn't have any lbs down this week, but I had a couple rough food days. I am not stressing as I am doing really well.

LBS DOWN:

Amanda

Everyone have a super duper weekend. I have my grandson's big kindergarten graduation this morning and Jack decided to take a vacation day and come along.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 05-19-2006 at 08:33 AM.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:09 AM   #7  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hello all,

I am doing well - I am happy to report that I've lost 2lb since Monday!! I can't change my ticker just yet though as these are to be taken from the 3lb that I'd gained recently, but I didn't have the heart to change my ticker! I am really pleased with the 2lb loss - for one it is just so nice to see the scale moving again, and secondly it shows me that I am finally doing the right thing by eating healthily and the weight should continue to come off as long as I stay OP. This 2lb loss in 4 days has really motivated me and I am determined to stay OP from now on!

FAYE - Don't worry about one bad day - just get straight back OP before bad habits have the chance to set back in. Think about how good it felt to see those losses on the scales and focus on the week ahead and seeing another loss! 3FC have created a fantastic new smilie just for these circumstances - (kick butt!!)

SUSAN - Oh dear, your poor husband! The one thing that will help him recover quicker is a good helping of food and he can't even have that! I do hope things pick up for him soon, I really do. Congrats on the positive health screen - that is fantastic!

CW - I'm a little worried about my PM to you - pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease don't be offended by it!

Have a good OP day!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:08 AM   #8  

I was 153 on the scale this morning so I am very pleased. I've gotten myself sorted out and back on track with the eating. Asked the nurse last night why my husband was still on a liquid diet - she didn't know and I told her to call the doctor. He needs to eat, he has no weight to lose. She came back 5 minutes later and said he'd be getting a full dinner tray. That just made me so mad, he said they brought him a lunch tray and she literally took a sandwich out of his hand and took it away. I can't wait to get him home - may in 3-4 more days. I think he'll do a lot better.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:23 PM   #9  

Susan: Will your husband drink like Ensure or something like that? I'd at least bring him fatty chocolate shakes or something to get some fat into him. If his tummy can handle it, he should be taking in calories to get better for heaven's sake. You would THINK they could figure that out!

Here is my sweet baby right after his graduation. That is his friend sitting next to him. He was sooooo cute in the processional, but they have over 100 kindergarten students (7 classes! lol) I felt like I was at a high school graduation!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 11-30-2006 at 04:56 AM.
Old 05-20-2006, 05:12 AM   #10  

Good morning gals! I am just going to bump us up to the front for the weekend. Hope you have a great one!

POINTS:Amanda: Keep up the fabo work and you will be shedding those lbs again in no time!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 05-21-2006 at 07:16 AM.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:50 AM   #11  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hello,

I am still OP and am feeling great! I got 4 points yesterday - it feels sooooooooo good to be back on track!

Been to the gym today - Legs, Bums & Tums, but didn't stay for step class as my calf muscle was feeling really tight and Step really works your calf muscles!

Anyway, have a good weekend

Love Amanda x
Old 05-21-2006, 07:17 AM   #12  

Good morning gals! Hope you are having a good weekend. I will see you in the morning!

Faye
Old 05-21-2006, 12:39 PM   #13  
2006 - Panda Remix

Woo-hoo! Another 4 point day for me!

Love Amanda x
Old 05-22-2006, 07:34 AM   #14  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is work on the psychological side of binging. We know we all do it. I consider binging anytime you go off program and start eating junk on a regular basis, not just at one sitting consuming a whole pizza or something. Part of this is caused by expecting too much of our bodies AND our psyche. When we have been eating the same old junk for years and then quit, our bodies revolt and send hunger signals up to the brain they want JUNK! It is hard work to get our bodies to enjoy our new found lifestyle and we end up slipping and sliding. That is to be expected. Let's try and recognize when our body is playing tricks on us and help satisfy itself with a substitute if it is real hunger and occupying it if it is mental! The 20 minute trick really does work. You just have to occupy yourself for that long without thinking about food!

Amanda

Boy have I had an allergy attack this morning. I am sneezing, coughing, my adenoids are swollen, my eyes are swollen...I have no clue what caused this except I was sneezing a lot yesterday. Ahh well, it will pass so I just have to work through it.

Everyone have a good day today and stay OP!

Faye
Old 05-22-2006, 11:09 AM   #15  

Faye, my husband has 4 Whey Protein shakes a day when he is at home and Ensure in the hospital. The Whey Protein has 27 grams of protein and we mix with milk to give him even more boost. Ensure just has 13 grams of protein.

I really wonder if they have a clue as to what is going on. They started putting his leg and foot in the whirlpool to help the sore heal (it sloughs away the dead skin cells). They give him morphine before they take him up and do it right before lunch - so he doesn't feel like eating when he gets back.

His Medicaid Spend Down runs out next week and I can't get anyone to tell me how to renew it. They sent me papers to apply for food stamps and insurance for my child. I'm going to make the hospital financial aide officer aware of it today. She helped me get it for him so maybe she can light a fire.

I'm really getting discouraged. I feel like quitting my job, filing bankruptcy and going on welfare. We still have nearly $10,000 in medical bills from last year before we were able to get the spend down. I'm making payments on them but 2 of the doctors still turned it over to a collection agency because I was paying them fast enough.

Susan