Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 01:55 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Weight Loss and Chit Chat #190!!

Hello and welcome to the Jaded Ladies.
We are a group of ladies who come in for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles. And we also find time for some chitchatting!
So please, won't you join us??
Old 05-16-2006, 07:55 AM   #2  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

Morning all! Still raining here, might have to go buy a boat! This is nuts. Supposed to go on a 4th grade trip to Mackinaw & the Soo Locks next Wed-Fri, I really hope the rains stops by then.

Have a fabulous Tuesday!!!
Old 05-16-2006, 08:44 AM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

SUE...just had to comment on your pix...you have a BEAUTIFUL family! And the house is coming along isn't it? You must be so excited! Also, you must be so proud of DH...the furniture is absolutely gorgeous! Love the walnut vanity!
Old 05-16-2006, 08:52 AM   #4  
ugggg.....

Sue--I think all of us want to put our orders in!! I love the vanity too!! I was hoping Derrick would coem home to an empty camper after her speech and realization that he is in "lust" with Meredith...

Angie--I watch the CSI Vegas but not the others--I have never cared for David Caruso (I think that's his name)--no particular reason...

Robin--DH & I used to go on the kids field trips--good memories!!

Good morning to everyone else!! Gotta get to work...

Last edited by jules1216; 05-16-2006 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:04 AM   #5  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Jules are you kidding? The guy can't act! OMG I laugh each time he has to take off his glasses...ohhh the drama...lol
Old 05-16-2006, 12:18 PM   #6  
ugggg.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by da fat n da furious
Jules are you kidding? The guy can't act! OMG I laugh each time he has to take off his glasses...ohhh the drama...lol
He just plain creeps me out....
Old 05-16-2006, 12:53 PM   #7  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies!!

Sue--Your husband does beautiful work! How wonderful of him to join you in eating healthy with you!! That makes it so much easier when you have someone there that want to eat the same as you rather than making seperate meals.

Michelle--I had no idea they had strength training in high school! Wish they had it when I was in high school! I would have developed better exercising habits that for sure! It was VERY hot yesterday.....I came home around 10:00 and it was still in the high 70's!! bizarre for Oregon in May!

Jane--Having my son call was special to me. And to have him say "I love you" before he hung was even better. Such a wonderful family he has, they have raised him well! I'm hoping we can meet up w/him and his family this summer....maybe at the coast for Jhanai's birthday. Which is where she wants to go this year.

Jules--I'm with you on David Caruso....never cared for him either. I've heard so much about Greys Anatomy from co-workers. I have yet to watch it. James always has something on he's watching while the show is on.

Kathy--Sure hope your little one doesn't have chicken pox! Keep us updated on that! Hugs for him!

Angie--That's the same stuff Jhanai got for her hair, Manic Panic. VERY VIBRATE colors indeed! Now where do they come up w/these names?? Dynomite Lizard? Not sure what to expect from her next.....keeps talking red and black. Who knows.

Robin--I hope your weather drys up a bit before the field trip.

Cristina--I like the walnut vanity too! Think we can put in a special order?

Hello to everyone else out there!!

I have got to get on my gazelle today....then it's off to wash my car. It's looking horrible w/all the pollen and bird droppings. Who could tell theres a pretty car underneath??

So I better get going before I run out of time

Hugs to all!!
Old 05-16-2006, 01:39 PM   #8  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Robin ~~ You are more than welcome to have some of our sunshiny, VERY HOT weather!

Marti ~~ It's amazing the different classes they now offer in high school. We never had any choices, just the basic classes, including PE. She has physical conditioning and strength training, and she's building up some muscles in her arms. It's funny, because sometimes she likes to show us them. I wasn't very happy yesterday though, because of how hot it was, and this is her last class of the day, and he made them run outside at the track. She was so overheated when she got into the car, I pick her up every day.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:04 PM   #9  
a work in progress

Hi Ladies...

Marti, my car needs a bath, too. Have you ever tried one of those "touchless" car washes? I was skeptical that it would really get it clean with no scrubbing, but it seemed to work well last time.

Sue, your pics were great -- how exciting it must be to see your brand new house growing from the ground up! And the furniture your husband makes is just beautiful. Those kinds of things will be family heirlooms, handed down over the years.

Kathy, oh I hope it's not chicken pox! That is no fun at all! Hope your little guy is feeling better.

Michelle, yep, it's not even 11 am and Tim insisted I turn on the AC. We are in Northern CA, and it seems like it's unusually hot, but I know we usually hit triple-digits by Memorial Day weekend here. Ugh, I hate the heat too, I'm right there with ya!

Robin, you are going to Mackinac Island??? I have a special favor to ask you...my husband lost his favorite hat at Disneyland. It was a tan bucket-style hat that said something about "Mackinac Island Rescue Patrol", or something like that...it was a lifeguard hat. We got it when we visited his mom in Michigan a couple of years ago. While you are on the island, don't know if you'll even be near any of the gift shops, but if you happen see a hat like that, would you please get the name of the store, and hopefully the address, phone number, or website address, and PM the info to me? I'd love to order a replacement for him!

Angie, love your blog! I've been wanting to do that for a while, but can't figure out how to start one. I started to have a bowl of cereal this morning but the milk was sour, ACK!!! I thought of your cereal on the car seat story, and could totally empathize...

Jane, laundry and bills for me today, too. And a run to the store (gotta get milk!) The bike I want is a classic Schwinn tank...I don't care if it's one-speed or three-speed, as long as it's got a big comfy seat (to fit MY big comfy seat ) Told Tim I needed a bike like me -- built for comfort, not for speed. Don't know if I can blame the medicine for this plateau, but it definitely may be a factor. Unfortunately, at this point I still need it.

Cristina, Kim, Jules, hi!

Well, I went in to work yesterday and they said they couldn't find anything at all for me to do, no "light duty" positions available, so they sent me home. *sigh* It's hard to believe there isn't a single thing there I could do -- I offered to process customer mail or faxes from apartment managers, because I could stop and rest from typing whenever I needed to if there wasn't a customer on the phone, but they sent me home instead. I can't understand why they'd rather pay me Worker's Comp to stay home and do nothing at all, than to pay me my regular salary to do something. I see my doctor on Friday, and will see then if she will modify my work restrictions. Even then, I don't know if I can even do my job, since I haven't been allowed to try it. To type a post here can take quite a while -- I have to stop frequently and rest my arm. It's very different if I have a customer on the phone, and have to complete all the work on their account...and there are other customers on hold, so I have to just keep taking calls.

'kay, gotta run to the store...see you all soon
Old 05-16-2006, 02:49 PM   #10  

Katiecat ~~ I don't think I ever heard of what happened to your arm and workmans comp? One major reason I quit my last job, besides all of the verbal and mental abuse, was that all the typing was ruining my hands, especially the right one. I did go to the doctor and they thought I had tendonitis??? but not carpal tunnel. My hands are pretty shot now if I type for too long, but I love to come here, so I push it sometimes; I know not good. Have fun at at the store!
Old 05-16-2006, 03:33 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies!

Katie - aww, I hope your doc will say you can go back to work w/no restrictions, but it sounds like you've still got a ways to go. You'd think there would be something you could do there, even with the restriction. OMG, you reminded me, I forgot to pay the bills. Must do that!

Sue - yowza! The DDs are gorgeous, and so are the furniture pieces. One thing I like about WW is that I get 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. I'm always eating something, lol.

Jules - can you believe Denny died? Boo Hoo. The actress who plays Izzie should get an Emmy for her acting last night. Who will Meridith choose, McDreamy or the vet?

Kathy - ah, I know just what you mean about internet in the country. I even got satalite and it goes in and out. Very frustrating! Katie's about to have a cow over it, lol.

Michelle - love the Pooh! Try to stay cool, hon.

Angie - love the new thread! Thank you for starting it.

Robin - it's been rainy here too, and I've had enough of it! Come on, sunshine!

Marti - I need to clean out my van. It's disgusting from where the kids sit in carseats. I'll put that on my list, lol.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

Well, I went town to get groceries and got lawn chairs, seat pads, a chaise lounge pad, and a huge planter instead. The cart was so packed, I checked out and came home, lol. I have to go back, anyway, to pick up some pictures.

I'm doing so great OP! I feel like I've crossed a line of determination, and with your help, I feel certain I can take off the weight again.

One more thing - I got a long-distance call from a friend last night, and we had an interesting conversation. But, the whole time we talked, I was thinking what a beautiful voice she has, and never did say that to her. I wish I had remembered to do that. It's sometimes the small things in life that help us get through.

Be good, ladies!
Old 05-16-2006, 04:03 PM   #12  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Marti & MaryKate, and everyone else

Marti...I would love to put in an order. The vanity is beautiful!

Someone mentioned the touchless car wash...it does work. We have one close by and I go there to get my car washed.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:08 PM   #13  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi All! Ok I had to get a Disney Avatar, I was feeling left out LOL

Michelle -- send that sunshine on over, this rain is crazy - thank goodness not the flood the south is getting, but we are getting there.

Katiecat - We all leave for Mackinaw (Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, and Sault Ste Marie) next Wed at 5:30 am! I will print this off as I do plan to do a little shopping myself, so I will keep my eyes peeled for the hat!

Have a great night!

Sorry this is short, typing fast so I can go home...
Old 05-16-2006, 04:56 PM   #14  

Jane ~~ I'm glad you're doing so good and back OP!

Robin ~~ Love your new avatar...very cute, and also your saying under your username.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:37 PM   #15  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Whew! This place has been busy. I love it!

Thank you all for the kind words about my pictures. I do have a wonderful family and a very talented DH. When he retired he started making furniture. He has made things for all of our kids, his sisters, my Mom and of course us. He makes a special gift for the "grands" 16th birthdays. The writing desk in the photo album is for DGD and the schoolmaster's desk was for DGS. (he uses it as a drawing desk) DH's goal is to give a handmade piece to each of his siblings and then the nieces and nephews. So that new workshop will get a work out. He has a large family! He won't sell his things...says the joy of it is giving them away.

I am in the midst of making dinner, so I will be back later to do individuals and tell you about my day.....
Closed Thread