Old 06-06-2006, 12:07 PM   #121  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
. and I'd like your advice... just how much is an appropriate amount to give a graduate for a gift???? I have one little gal I need to send a card w/ some $$$'s to and I don't have a clue.
Good question -- we've been struggling with that one. DH decided that all of DD's friends were getting checks for 20.06. If we were a bit more in the dough these days, I would prefer to give a bit more. DD has gotten amounts from $10 to $100, from relatives. Friends of the family have given her $25. Of course, some areas are a lot pricier and gifts might reflect that, but hopefully that gives you some idea.

Bagz, you're HiLarryAss. We are having nothing but rain here too. Very annoying. The sun comes out for a while, but not long enough to dry out the grass, which just keeps getting taller and taller.

Gotta go, school awards this afternoon, probably oughta shower so they don't throw me out of the auditorium.

Had the dog bathed yesterday. Best $20 I ever spent. She went from a woolly mammoth to a, well, young belgian sheepdog. Must have lost about ten pounds of fur.

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:48 PM   #122  

Bagzie, the only way I can clean house is with everyone gone, and lots of really loud music. I really, really hate cleaning house. Schatz, how do you motivate yourself?

I emailed pictures of the garden, but I think they ended up too small to be able to see much. Plus, I couldn't figure out how to attach several pictures to one email so they're each in a separate email.

Kiwi, I love the $20.06 check idea. That's cute.

Gotta work.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:19 PM   #123  
loves kleenex box art

Today is the day the 06-06-06 babies are born. There are already support groups for their moms who are worried about their kids being teased forever. No support groups for anyone worried that their baby is the antichrist however. Moms accept their children for what they are.

I need hand holding again. I need to fill out a job application and it's complicated and depresses me. I've been a tad stressed over the cashier job as this new manager person with not only NO personal skills but a NEGATIVE AMOUNT of personal skills called me into this and told me to sign a paper saying I'd been $20 short one day. I'm looking at the paper that says Unsatisfactory Job Performance; Could Lead to Termination, Etc. and asking her why this is the first I've heard of it. I look at the ledger everyday, I said, and haven't seen this. She says they probably didn't post this one.

I can't sign it, I say, until I have it straight in my head. Need to think about it. She offers to get the ledger and ... there it was ... $20 short ... but it was NOT ME> She held a ruler from money column to the cashier number column at an angle. She says, "Sorry. Sometimes my eyesight's not so good. You can go."

On the way out, I remarked that it was good I had questioned it, wasn't it? She didn't answer.

So now I totally don't trust her. The next day I had very little money in my til at the end of the day, could find no one to count it and explain, was totally freaking. They later found I had a $100 bill inside my checks. But it unnerves me.

Who is going to make me fill out the application????????

Some tourists will buy every single magazine featuring the movie stars with babies. That's People, Blonde People, Movie Star People, Slutty People, Us, Those We Wish Were Us, Those We Pretend Are Us, etc. It's so weird.

I need to tell Bagz about the granny who came in wearing a tube top and little mini skirt. She had osteoporosis and couldn't straighten up. People dress Quite Differently when in Florida than when they are at home in Kansas.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:38 PM   #124  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i noticed that in Denver about the clothing----peach----here it is so cold that you don't need summer clothes----no one wears tank tops or goes sleeveless except on the one or two days where it is hot { we usually get about four hot days in the run of a summer} so why bother buying summer clothes?????===if you go to maine or central my province it's hot but not here on the coast,so i have to miss all the delightful outfits you get to see!!!! i love it when old bats wear teen clothes---it's my favourite!!!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:28 AM   #125  

You guys crack me up!

We've noticed that the NC Uniform code includes a mandatory pair of flip flops worn at all times -with any wear. Since my big toe suffers from separation anxiety, I purchased a cute pair of slides, and a no toe segregator pair of sandals. I am mourning my plum colored maxi coat since I fear I shant have many days to wear it.

DH and I shaved down Darby and Casey... they look like Dingos now.

We've had nothing but torrential downpours, lightning and thunder for the past 3 days... No internet, and no power part of yesterday..so I painted two little bird houses... DH wants me to put together an emergency preparedness kit... He started rattling off what we need, and by the time he was half was through I lost all interest and wondered away on a mental vacation.... I then determined to accomodate him, we will need to rent one of those Stock N Locks WTF???
Peachie: you were right to question the dingbat! don't you fret none!

I get excited over new cleaning products and gadgets...how boring and sad is that... must get cawfee....
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:48 AM   #126  

I started a new thread since we are on that magical page 4...
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote