Old 05-12-2006, 11:52 AM   #16  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
We went to this luncheon where he was recognized as having achieved (and the voice grew louder) "the highest achievement possible for an American high school student."
Wahoo 3 Cheers for DS!!! He's the MAN!!!

My little darling is in the Bangor Daily today... They didn't bother to call and update her information so it looks like she can't make up her mind what college to go to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi
.. sigh, MOMA! I love the Impressionist age.. do tell, who are your favorites???
Didn't go to MOMA, went to the Met -- MMA. I have been to MOMA a couple of times I think--The first time I went there I was a clueless college student and my then-bf's mother lent me her art museum pass and I spent about 2 hours waiting to get in to the Picasso Guernica exhibit. But this time we went to the non-Modern art museum, which also houses plenty of Impressionist work as well. In fact I thoroughly enjoyed their selections. I believe my favorites are Renoir and Cezanne. Some of their portraits are mind-blowing. I took a few pictures, but my favorite paintings didn't come out all that well. I have uploaded a great Van Gogh below.
Quote:
Who was in Hairspray... Was Harvey Fierstein..playin Divine ???
Harvey Fierstein isn't in Hairspray anymore; last I heard he was playing Tevye in Fiddler. The Divine character and her husband totally stole the show. I have to go look up their names. The girl was fabulous too.
Quote:
When you posted that book , the only thing I thought of was Mad Magazine's Spy v.s. Spy ... sooo what is this book about?

Am I wearin ya out with all these nosyrosy questions???
My dear, I live to answer your questions. Go follow the link I posted before. It was a magazine. Called Spy. The source of "Separated at Birth" and many other amusing features. My friend was responsible for the back page George Bush (Sr.) diary entry. Wouldn't be prudent to go into it further.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz
Denver---KIWONK---REMIND ME WHERE YOUR FAV BOSTON RESTAURANT IS AGAIN----I REMEMBER YOU LINKED US TO IT ONCE~~!!!-
Giacomo's, darling! There are 2 locations, have only been to the one in the North End. The last time we were there the butternut squash ravioli were disappointing. But the calamari were fabulous, and the lobster ravioli is a good choice too.

Oh yeah, I liked the Seurats as well.

DD and bf were excellent last night. She did 2 guitar/voice numbers, Flying Horses by Dispatch and her own Asymmetrical. Then BF accompanied her on the piano for the rest: a Hebrew piece that they did in NY, which was just soaringly beautiful. Then Music of the Night from Phantom, and Piano Man (no doubt because he's her piano man... ).

Sugar, you'll have to let me know how that vinegar thing goes. I have read all the raves about it, but I don't if I could ingest it, even with honey. Does it make you smell like, um, sweet n sour? Teri Hatcher was attacked by a light bulb too, she told about it on Letterman. I will catch up with blogginess later.

This is a terrible year for allergies here too. NY was full of pollen. I've been sneezing and tearing for days on end. Fun.

Kiwi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 06_0505_NYC_ArtMuseum_045.jpg (47.4 KB, 8 views)
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 04:32 PM   #17  

So what does vinegar do for you? maybe it would pickle me so ppl could say I look well preserved.

This is a whine post, so scroll if you wish - don't say I didn't warn you---- My parents are back from Arizona for the summer. They've been back a week. They live 15 minutes away. They haven't bothered to go visit Kayden. I don't even want to tell DS that they're back in town b/c I know it would really hurt his feelings....and that is my whine for the day. I'm going to try to get over it... just needed to get that out.

Sugar, you must go places. Go to all the places that I probably will never go to. Someday you might not live in Germany and you'll be sorry that you didn't.

I ate a Taco Bell burrito supreme for lunch and I'm sorry.

I bought a cd by James Blunt. There's a song called Goodbye my Lover that is so sad - or maybe I'm just weepy today.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:20 PM   #18  
Member w/ messiest house

Boo, that sucks and I feel bad. Eventually DS will know that his grandparents don't seem to care, but you're quite right, no point in telling him if you don't have to. I have discovered that apathy in parts of my family and it is such a dull shock to understand that some people just don't have the feelings you associate with family. Seems especially crummy knowing how much the baby means to you all, but I know you will rejoice in the good relationships. I just came from an in-law dinner out (very unusual for them to all go out to eat, couldn't pass that one up!) and DH's little grandnephew was there was my SIL. Everybody passed him around and oo'ed and ah'ed over him. Can't imagine how anyone could just not be interested in that!

DH won $20 at a credit union shareholders meeting this evening. That was worth the time.

I am going to a college graduation of a friend tomorrow. She has been working on her degree for some decades I think and is very excited to be done with it. Terrible timing, I have to drive an hour and a half, go to the graduation at 10:30AM, out to lunch, and drive back in time to take pictures of DD and BF in their finery before the prom. Then at 10:30PM, go to the after prom party and stay up all night trying to keep anyone from getting pregnant.

Who wants pictures of NYC? Put your orders in now. You have to tell me what you want a picture of and then I'll see if have one. I think I'm kidding. I'm just too tired to look at them and figure out which ones to send anyone.

I have to draw up a graduation party invitation. Who wants to go bowling? I wish I could see the expression on my half-sister's face when she sees that we are inviting people for pizza and bowling.

Kiwi
Old 05-13-2006, 01:45 PM   #19  
loves kleenex box art

there's only so much you can with people. Sometimes, there's nothing you can do. DS grew up with mostly only me even though he has other relatives. He seems to be fine with it. But he's the type to not dwell on emotions.

Yesterday at work, this other cashier came through my line. As I was scanning her stuff, she picked up two items, carried them around the register and gave them to the bagger telling him to put them in a separate bag. I'm thinking she didn't do it on purpose but I had to point out that I had not scanned them, have the bagger check the receipt and confront her.

Then this anal person from elsewhere in the store was bagging for me. This little old lady person remembered she'd forgotten something and went to fetch it. Finally, another customer was in line and there we were standing and waiting so I went, go the lady, took her to the right aisle, got her can, took her back and finished. The the anal person handed me a bottle of water, a dollar and told me TWICE to ring up her water before the customer who had been standing there five minutes waiting to be released. No way. I told anal person togo ahead and begin drinking the water but I was ringing up the customer.

It was so weird. Like I was being tested.

I have to write a research paper on Gagne (with accent). Anyone know anything. Is it pronounced Gan yay.?

I want pizza and bowling. Pictures of New York will do too.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 05:57 AM   #20  
fatter than U

Talking

Happy Mother's Day, Cows! (and yes, Schatzi, this also includes doggy moms. Where would those pooches be without you?)

My kids are presently in the kitchen trying to figure out how to make scrambled eggs. This should be interesting.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 06:50 PM   #21  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
I have to write a research paper on Gagne (with accent). Anyone know anything. Is it pronounced Gan yay.?
Around here the name is usually pronounced "Gone-ya" but it is also often spelled Gonya even though it was originally Gagne. Then there's Gagnon, which should be pronounced "Gone-YO", but instead is also pronounced Gone-ya around here. However with an accent, it should probably be pronounced "Gone-yay!" Be sure to pronounce the exclamation point.

heh heh

Who the heck is Gagne anyway? I'm too tired to look it up.

I got an incredible pig for Mother's Day. It is wearing red high heels and a fur trimmed dress. Liza Minelli reincarnated as a piggy bank, it is quite fetching. Also DH got me a pot of baby roses. Also quite fetching.

We showed up at the party ready to work last night at 10:30 PM. Did not sleep all night, dragged home at 7:00 AM, slept a few hours, headed back out at noon to watch the kids rafting. They had the best time!! They all want to do it again. None of them got any sleep to speak of during the night, and they are quite a bunch of wiped out puppies. But then, so am I.

Happy Mommy's Day, darlings.

Kiwi
Old 05-14-2006, 08:04 PM   #22  
loves kleenex box art

gagne was an educational psychologist. that's about all I can say. One book I have says his ideas are only useful for researchers not for the classroom. I can't work withis this. Too hard.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:07 AM   #23  
loves kleenex box art

I need NEED NEED ... well, I don't know. I am feeling hopeless here. I have so much to do for this class, not enough time to do it and I don't know how to do some of it !! I am going to spend the day in the library. Library files are supposed to be accessible from home but are not. I have to go there. I am so frustrated. The score for the test I took last month should be available soon and I probably didn't pass. Was too geared to people who know Florida history and people who guess better. I know Alabama history. Alabama means "Here we rest." Alabama contains the southernmost point of hte Appalachian Trail. The Black Warrior River and The Warrior River are the same river (names may be wrong) but part was renamed to make it two rivers to get federal aid for an extra river. ... See!! i could pass Alabama history where I grew up but as for knowing where the Greeks settled in Florida ... wHY SHOULD I KNOW THAT????? Why?? why??? why>>>

aND ds IS SUPPOSED to be at a senior's luncheon ummmm .. right now ... and he left 10 minutes ago after spending 20 minutes in the shower.

Tomorrow we're going to dinner after graduation with friends of his and their parents ( I don't even know their names ) and he WANT S ME TO CLEAN THE @#@* House!!! I have to go to the library. The library is clean. Maybe he could just take lcp there.

I guess that's it. I am waiting for hot water since Ds used it all up.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:08 PM   #24  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
but as for knowing where the Greeks settled in Florida ... wHY SHOULD I KNOW THAT????? Why?? why??? why>>>
Well of course, how ridiculous. Even for teachers, life is open book. My favorite quote, you may have noticed. It should probably read like this:
Quote:
"Life is open book."
---Dr. Palubinskas
Quote:
Alabama means "Here we rest." Alabama contains the southernmost point of hte Appalachian Trail.
Well, that motto makes a lot of sense in context with that fact. That is, if anyone does the Appalachian Trail from north to south, which is not a good idea (you'd have to start so much later). I always thought the southern terminus was in Georgia -- Springer Mountain or something? Did they extend it, or have I simply been misinformed?
Quote:
aND ds IS SUPPOSED to be at a senior's luncheon ummmm .. right now ... and he left 10 minutes ago after spending 20 minutes in the shower.
That is rawther excessive. Kids.

Today I have already had a fight with DH and a fight with the dog. And I haven't even had lunch yet. DD skipped her first period today out of exhaustion. I would have said, go anyway, but she was very persuasive. And it let me sleep late. I almost got 8 hours of sleep in one stretch. That is unheard for me, unless it's a weekend when I can sleep late. I was so wiped out last night after all the prom stuff, that I actually went to bed at 12:30. Utterly astonishing.

Did I ever tell you that I never went to a high school prom? Blew it off junior year because my stupid boyfriend thought he was too old to take me to it (well, he was 23) and went to the mountains with my best friend instead. We picked up college guys and drank Boone's Farm apple wine. My best friend fell in love with one guy, I had to ist around awkwardly trying to talk to a guy named "Tree" while pretending not to watch the making out on the other side of the room. Makes ya glad you're not a teenager anymore, doesn't it?
Senior year I was invited by a somewhat icky zit-faced boy and turned him down and stayed home.

Can you say "living vicariously" through your children?

Kiwi
Old 05-15-2006, 01:14 PM   #25  

Happy belated Mom's Day, Cowies!!!Hope it was a good one for everyone, even those who are furbaby moms. DS & DDIL & Kayden were over w/ a fuschia to hang on my front porch and the sweetest card. DD called to say she was broke, but would be over this week to make me a fabulous dinner. She's had a bad week. On Saturday she called me at 5:10 to tell me she'd locked her keys in her car, would I please bring her spare key? Even though I was expecting 11 ppl at 6 pm for bunco, I was a nice mom and drove like a bat outta h*ll to drop off her key. Left a note on the door saying "drinks are in the cooler, relax and I'll be back". I made a 60 minute trip in 50 minutes.

Speaking of bunco (anyway I was) it turned out fine, even if I was a bit frazzled. It was baked ziti, caesar salad, broccoli salad, parmesan bread & caramel apple cheesecake for dessert. AND I won most bunco's w/ a record breaking EIGHT buncos. I should have gone out and bought a bunch of lotto tickets b/c I was hot. No one has ever had 8 buncos.

Peachers didn't the greeks settle in Miami in the '70's along w/ all the other retirees?

Kiwi, would your half sis consider bowling gauche? I guess I won't bother to invite her to bunco.

A continuation of my whine - I took my mom a gift on Mothers day and my brother's gf who is a checker at the local grocery said "I got to see Kayden when DS & wife went through my line yesterday" and my mom said "I haven't gotten to see her yet!" (she hasn't attempted to) I told her "all you have to do is go visit, they're home almost all the time". She didn't say another word about it. OK, whine over.

I have to go do a search on the internet to find out what vinegar will do for me.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:19 PM   #26  

Kiwi, you didn't post a prom picture. What gives? I actually went to the prom w/ DH. We married. We are still married. We still like each other. Even more statistically impossible than 8 buncos.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:39 PM   #27  
Member w/ messiest house

Hey, what gives? I wrote a message, uploaded a photo, and then my browser just disappeared. Anyhow, I was going to say I would be mortified to tell people that I hadn't gotten around to visiting my new great grandbaby!

You're such a good mommy, bailing out DD with only the promise of dinner.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure my half-sis will find the whole bowling alley idea kind of, well, Podunk.

So, yes, I will send prom pictures in the email. I have some great ones. I'll upload one here.

Kiwi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P5130107crop.jpg (42.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg P5140185crop.jpg (48.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 05-15-2006, 04:16 PM   #28  

DD looks lovely! Ballerina-esque. Is that a word? and handsome BF! He looks like a man, not a boy.

I think the bowling party is kind of funky-hip.

Check out this bowling alley ---- http://www.bowlmor.com/ Check out the tour-o-matic.

Last edited by Wabby; 05-15-2006 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:45 PM   #29  
Member w/ messiest house

Isn't that the truth about BF? I'm sure at all the concerts/competitions everyone thinks he is one of the teachers. All the seniors are starting to look like grownups, I noticed at the prom party, especially the boys. Yikes. Where did the the time go?

I am so clueless about this party invitation. I have a dandy logo for the high school class that I was going to put on the front, then use a pre-made grad party invitation on the back, but the 2 elements simply don't go together, not to mention where do you say something like "pizza and bowling" without making it sound like a 12 year old's birthday? Oy. Maybe that bowling site will give me ideas!

Kiwi
Old 05-15-2006, 06:58 PM   #30  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh yeah -- I saw that in Greenwich Village when we were there! Pretty cool for a bowling alley, eh?