Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 08:41 AM   #16  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Mother's Day!
I hope everyone has a wonderful day whatever your plans!
Old 05-14-2006, 02:09 PM   #17  
Janice

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!
I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:58 PM   #18  
Losing it!

I hope everyone had a nice mothers day! We went to an aunt's house for breakfast Sunday. Her adult children were there and prepared a small feast for us. Last night we met my brother and his wife and took my mother out to eat. Sooooooooo today I am way over calories! LOL! I should of worked some of it off though...I just finished cleaning for 4 hours straight!

How is everyone?
Old 05-15-2006, 06:06 PM   #19  

Gayle-Is all I did was eat yesterday. If I'm okay tonight, I will have had an OP day.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:15 PM   #20  
Losing it!

The way it sounds Shelley, you better keep an eye out for gators. Did your neighbor ever get rid of the one in the pond? Is it the heat causing them to attack?
Old 05-16-2006, 01:01 AM   #21  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

You ladies look like you have a great thread going here. Do you mind if I join in. I need some motivation and other women to share my weight loss woes with. My name is Chris. I'm 35 and am a sahm of 3 girls and also a full time student. I'm working on my Bachelor's in Business Administration. I have been working on trying to lose this weight on my bod with very little success lately. I've been stuck at 201 for like a year now. My highest weight was 223. My lowest weight was in high school at 119. I'm shooting for 155. I do have rheumatoid arthritis that makes it a little more difficult to lose weight, I think. I am fairly active and pain free for the most part. I work out at the gym as much as I can with my sister and I try to stay within 1200-1400 calories a day.

Well before I bore you to death anymore...I'd love to join in with you.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:47 AM   #22  

Join in Chris! We are always happy to have new Floozies here.

Gayle-I'm not sure what happened with the gater in the pond. So far we haven't seen it again. There was a picture this morning in the paper of a big gator at someone's house. Have you checked in at healthwalkers lately? I have been doing that darn progressive survival. This is the last week, and they have me slated for 46.8 miles. My knee is beginning to hurt. I don't know if I'll make the end or not. I really need a DOR! It's supposed to finally rain here, so I might rest today.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:24 AM   #23  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Shelley-Thanks for the welcome. A gator? Thank God we only get things like mosquitos here.

Geez I can run around and tell everyone I'm a real "Floozie" now. LOL. What is healthwalkers? I'm always looking for something different to do. I work out at the gym, usually 3 x a week, and we've been doing more outdoor stuff, but you can only do that so long too.

Well gotta check out my other pages on the 'puter and then order some more checks for my husband's business, and fold a ton of laundry, sew up my MIL's pillow cases, and head to my sister's to paint her daughters bedroom. Naw, that's not a busy day.

Chris
Old 05-16-2006, 10:26 AM   #24  

Shelly, I promise the world won't end if you skip running for a day! (It'll just feel like it's going too!! )

Chris, so glad to have you here! Please check in and post regularly! Anything from a simple "hello" to a full-blown rant/ramble is totally acceptable here!!!!! Also, if you plan to stick around for a while, please check out the Floozie bio thread and add yours!

My news for the week: I sold the rest of my cans yesterday. I had 53 more pounds (it pays to walk the roads sometimes--I don't care how stupid it looks!) and they were .55/pound for a grand total of (drumroll, please) $29.15!! Added to the money I got from the cans those people gave to me I've made $46.65 from my recycling!
Old 05-16-2006, 10:52 AM   #25  
Losing it!

WOW Cheryl! Your getting healthier plus making money! Whatcha gonna buy with your earnings?

WELCOME CHRIS! We always have room for another Floozie! You sound like your a busy lady! Please post on our bio page when you have a free minute. How old are your girls?

Shelley, you continue to amaze me! If your knee is hurting, it may be better to not meet your goal. Not meeting goal is better then not being able to run at all for awhile. Besides that, you have to be able to keep running from those gators! LOL!

Janice, how did weigh-in go this week? Are you still busy working on the housse?

Dee, where oh where are you princess chickie???

Suzy, did you run away on the mower??? LOL!
Old 05-16-2006, 11:00 AM   #26  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome Chris! It's always nice to have a new Floozie in the group!

Cheryl ~ Way to go with the recycling! I just love the idea that you are getting paid to exercise!

Shelley ~ It sounds like your knee is saying that you need the rest! A day off won't hurt you!

Gayle ~ I'm glad that you had a nice Mother's Day and I'm sure that you burned off a lot of those extra calories with all that cleaning!

There hasn't been much going on here, but quiet and uneventful can be a good thing too! Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 05-16-2006, 02:21 PM   #27  
Janice

WELCOME CHRIS, Glad to have you join us.
Weigh in was not great. .4 lb loss grand total of 18.8 lbs. going into week eight. I have to get totally on track. I find if I don't write everything down I don't do as well.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:03 PM   #28  

The Princess Chickie deams you an officially a Floozie Chris. Welcome to out group. I am looking forward to getting to know you. We are friends first and then we are losers.

Cheryl you are making good collecting those cans. That's good money. It sure helps clean up the enviroment too.

Janice hey a loss is good. Keep journaling. If I don't journal I eat like a piggy. When I journal even on my bad days I am not as bad because I am accountable then.

Shelley take it easy. I know what chronic pain is like and it isn't good. You can do yourself more harm than good jogging on a bad knee. Really what would happen if you don't jog for a couple of weeks? I don't think that the sky would fall. I know that to you it would seem like it would fall.

Gayle you called me back. You seem to post to everyone but you sure don't say much about what is going on in your life.
Yesterday I went and had my dog ear snipped. I am not sure how many stitches I got but I think five. It is a bit sore when I bend or twist. I am suppose to take it easy, like I don't lol.
Yesterday was also my friends funeral. There was about three hundred people. My poor friend was just shaking from losing her husband. She is going to need a lot of support and prayers.

Today is Dez's birthday. I can't believe that she is twenty. My baby.
I am making a dinner for her today and then tomorrow we are having Jay and Ash down for cake. Like we aren't going to have cake tonight too!
Geez after all my hard work of losing this weight I am struggling with keeping it off. I am up to 131 or 132. I noticed the difference. I feel fat but when I look in the mirror I look thin. I have gainned 4-6 pounds. I have to get off the sweets and get back to the gym more often. It is hard to workout because of the pain. I think that the only thing that doesn't hurt is walking a maximum of two miles.

Well I better run my washing machine is calling me and I have to wrap Dez's gifts and do some gardening.

Love you all.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:43 PM   #29  

Default I think something is wrong with Stewart :(

I went to Jonesboro with my Mom on Saturday. When I left everything was fine. When I got back Stewart was drunk. Mean drunk. He kept trying to pick a fight with me. I finally got mad at him and threw a package of hot dog buns and some cling wrap at him (2 buns in the package, so I knew they wouldn't hurt him), got up and went in the bedroom and started getting dressed (I also put up the clean clothes that were on the bed so he'd have a place to "crash"). A minute or so after I got in the bedroom I heard him stomping down the hall. He kicked open the door and said "What the F*** do you think you're doing!?" I said "I'm cleaning off the bed and getting dressed!" He said "Where do you think you're going?" I told him "To your mom and dad's house--we're fighting and I don't want to stay here when you're drunk like this!" (MY parents are having problems with their other kids--I don't want them to have to worry about my problems, too--I figure HE is HIS mom and dad's problem. I didn't go into detail of our problems when I got there, though)

At that point he grabbed and squeezed my arm and said "you're not going anywhere!" I didn't say a word, just stood there looking at him until he let go. Then I walked in the bathroom, got my toothpaste and toothbrush and left the house. The next morning I had bruises on my arm where he grabbed me.

I really thought that after I showed him the bruises he would realize what he had done and calm down some, but for the past two days every thing I have said to him (or anyone else has said to him, for that matter) has just made him teeth-clenching mad. I told him this morning that I really think he needs to go back to the doctor and get his blood checked, because the last time he got like this his thyroid was out of whack.

Anyway, I talked to my best friend about this and she thinks I should just pick up and leave him (as you all know, we've had problems in the past--never anything physical before this, though), but I think this is his one chance. I want to stay with him and try to help him, but I want him to stop drinking so much and at least go to the dr and get his meds checked. I do not appreciate having physical proof of his temper on my body.

The way I look at it, one of two things will happen now--he will either be truly sorry that he hurt me while drunk/angry and will never do it again ~OR~ this will make it "easier" for him to do it again in the future. Option #1 I can live with, option #2 I WON'T. I just hope it doesn't come to that. . .

Sorry for the ramble.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:49 PM   #30  
Losing it!

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEZ!!!! I hope you have a great day! Enjoy that yummy homemade birthday cake!

Dee, what is a dog ear? Like a skin tag or mole?
Prayers sent to your friend. Do they have children?
Nothing new to post with me...life is hectic as usual and my life consist of working at the store, playing mom & wife, mowing, and playing nurse maid to my mom. She is doing really well on her own now but I still oversee appointments, business details, medications etc.
I wish things would slow down so I actually could enjoy life! LOL!

Janice, when you break down your weight loss, you have lost 2.35 pounds per week over the 8 weeks! Not too shabby at all!!!! In fact, EXCELLENT!
Closed Thread