Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 08:12 PM   #61  
RosieKate

I moved a couple yards of the compost - BY MYSELF - thank you very much
I better be burning some calories

Took the kids up to the art center for James' piano lesson, now I am taking some ibuprofen with a chardonnay chaser.

The rest of dinner will be healthy, I promise

Have a great evening everyone
K

Old 05-09-2006, 09:49 PM   #62  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Susan ~ When I talked to my grandma yesterday for awhile, she sounded like herself again, and it made me so happy and relieved! They are trying to get her in home care for the mornings and afternoons until she regains all of her strength back again. Hope the coffee has worn off some now since you took your walk around the block a few times. Have fun at the parent meeting tonight and enjoy your free dinner!
Old 05-09-2006, 09:55 PM   #63  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya Ladies...

KATY...you and your composte! I thought of you today when I went out with the doggy so he could do his thing. Man...someone has some stuff somewhere that is making my eyes sting! You sound like me...I always feel like I have to do everything. Not one to ask for help. Was really hard when I first met V because I had been single for almost 9 years. But even before that DH#1 worked so much and then the commute was horrible so I had to take care of things, he never had time. Would leave before daylight and come home in the late evening. I never thought of myself as a stress eater but know now that I am...big time! And I do remember the wedding and the twinkie and ding dong cake! LOL Glad everyone is healthy today.

SUSAN...I thought I had some apples but don't. Going grocery shopping tomorrow and will make sure I get some. You know....I do love fruit, just making myself eat it is another story. Have been eating a lot of banana's lately though. Hope you get your garden plot soon. First time I heard about those was on HGTV, so cool and a great way to garden when you don't actually have space to do it. How is your dad doing? The errands...had to run to the bank and pay the car payment, go pay the storage unit and stop at Walgreens to pick up a couple of things. They had a sale on makeup and bought a tube of lipstick for full price and got the lip liner free. Of course my main reason for going there was to get benedryl...allergies are bothering me being out so much the last few days. That is the tickle in my throat that won't go away, and now I am getting hoarse. 3 times around the block as in walking? That is great missy! And yeah, that 1.09 was bothering me too!

MICHELLE...here I go again missing things. I hope you had a nice visit with your mom and grandma and they are both well.

Hi to everyone else

Just thought I would drop in for a few minutes since the second show of Scrubs is a rerun. Law & Order is coming on at 9 so gotta get going. DD got me into watching that and now I watch it all the time, even the reruns. Tonight is a new one though. Have a good night ladies and I will see you tomorrow sometime. Tomorrow is Wal-Mart Wednesday, UGH! Gotta do it though. Then have to head over to Penney's and take some curtains back. So nighty, night all!
Old 05-09-2006, 11:33 PM   #64  
kitty Momo

Chickie- Not to put you on the spot but you are welcome to join us!!! lol

Katy- umm, what an amazing women you are!! Moving a whole pile of compost by yourself. woo hoo - I am sure you burned a lot of calories on that , at least I hoped you did. Where did you move the pile too? lol

I just want my lil garden spot and I was thinking of putting chicken manure in there. I saw them do that on some show once. I was impressed. I don't know anything about gardening but I want to grow sunflowers .

Michelle HUGS for your grandmother!

Cristi You are always busy!!! I had cantelope and raw broccoli for dinner. I also had this vending machine sandwish - my ex gave it to me so I ate it. It was some low cal wrap thing. btw - you always appreciate "Mike Stories" His mother wrote saying she didn't know where he was, no PO Box anymore and he only calls once a month if that. She said she really didn't care any more to hear from him. wow.....and that is his mother...lol

Hi Ginny!!! Hi Deb!!! Hi Laura!!! Hi Jules......

Night all......

Old 05-09-2006, 11:51 PM   #65  
time to focus!!!

S/C/G: 279/245/170

Default put on the spot

Well since mom2gaby has put me on the spot i reckon i should post something......hi y'all!! A little about myself, my name is Shawna, 39 years old 5'11 266 lbs......on my way to 170. Live in Tennessee/Mother of three daughters, that are 16, 14and 11,(PMS CITY!!!) and a foster son that is 7. My husband is a teacher at an adaptive school.

I am a manager for Rack Room Shoes and spend 50 plus hours a week there. I am learning to be really disciplined with my workout time and eating healthy. I have been down this road before after each child. I know how to do this, just had to get myself motivated. So, now I am motivated, the biggest reason is my oldest daughters senior night for volleyball is in October. I do not want to be the FAT MOM there. Well, thats a start, hope to talk to y'all soon.
Hugs,
Shawna
Old 05-10-2006, 12:21 AM   #66  

Shawna to the group! Hope you keep comin around and visiting!

Susan ~ Thank you for the hugs for my grandma...very much appreciated!
Old 05-10-2006, 12:38 AM   #67  
time to focus!!!

Default question

can you get the signature thingy to stay or do you have to put it in everytime? or maybe i dont have a clue how to do it at all...............rofl
Old 05-10-2006, 01:20 AM   #68  

Shawna ~ If you go up to the top under Quick Links, then go to Edit Signature, and then you can input whatever you want in the area and preview it before you save it. Hope this helps.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:46 AM   #69  
time to focus!!!

Default testing...1..2..3

OK, let's see if it works! woohooo i got it

Old 05-10-2006, 08:19 AM   #70  
The Fenix In Flight

S/C/G: 248/232/160

Thumbs up One pound no morre

I found the answer to my 1 pound weight gain over night !!!! MY MONTHY VISITOR ARRIVED A WEEK EARLY!!! Since Monday I have lost 5 lbs
Woohoo Well I beter get to work!! I have to get the last of my mothers day stuff out before we open. Have a great day everyone!!!
Oh her do we have a group (in this group) that read fiction? I love to read. I am reading Bridget Jones The Edge of Reason. She is sooooo funny!
Old 05-10-2006, 09:14 AM   #71  
RosieKate

Good Morning!
I am pleased to say that I am a little sore this morning, but but not nearly as bad as past years of shoveling the you-know-what. All that working out is paying off. I am skipping the gym because I am going to get back out there and do some more today; I have a flower bed to clean out..then need to keep hauling those wheelbarrows. I am toying with the notion of using some of that dirt pile in the back yard ( from our remodel excavation) and making a cob bench. It's kind of like adobe - you mix clay soil with sand and straw to make a cob substance that is very durable. People make benches, ovens, even cottages. There's a grocery store in SE Portland that is made out of cob. I think it could be a fun summer project and give the kids an excuse to play in the mud. Today I might clear a spot and lay down a foundation of some kind....

Deb - I really liked the Bridget Jones books...very funny stuff. There's another one I liked called I Don't Know How She Does it, by Allison Pearson. Very similar humor, but it's about a working mom. I tend to read a wide variety. Right now I am reading The Hours, by Michael Cunningham and The Book of God, by Walter Wangerin. I found a website called knittheclassics.com and am sorely tempted to sign up. I love to read and to knit, but I just don't think I have the time to keep up with them. That site is right up my alley - I'm pretty nerdy.

Cristina - have a fun Wally Wednesday...You reminded me that I have a bunch of fruit I need to eat.....This morning's breakfast is going to be an egg substitute omelete w/ Laughing cow cheese and fruit salad..yum...

Susan - dinner was a sesame chicken breast ( about 4 oz), and lots of leftover cooked spinach. I ate some homemade biscuits - just couldn't resist, and I drank some wine - my reward for all the yard work - lol How did the parent group go?

Hi Shawna - welcome to our group

Hi Michelle ,Jules, and Ginny
Hope you all have a great morning...I'll be pretty busy out in the yard, but I'll check back in this afternoon...that's when I tend to overeat so I'll come here instead....

Old 05-10-2006, 10:30 AM   #72  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!

Awesome you made it Shawna!! Welcome to the group! I hope you can find your way back - lol If not PM me..... Short intro about myself - 42, mom 2 three, work in property managment, single. I have about 25/30 that I want to lose. I started gaining back last Sept with a new job and some of the girls moving in and moving out. I think I was drunk the whole of Sept...lol...*cough*...hey, I am honest, if anything! Too dumb not to be. So, welcome!! and best on your weight loss!!

You are welcome Michelle Another pretty day isn't it?? I have to leave for a second for Gladstone and more counseling with the daughter. HUGS to you too!!

Hi Katy! I didn't really get a lot from the parenting group last night. I learned tradition is important for children and creating happy memories for them. It was nice to get out among adults and socialize, I don't get enough of that. Tonight is a family counseling with Beck and I see Rach in a bit........have to put my armour on for that - lol I am glad you aren't too sore, means you are in shape! Have fun working outside

Deb - Glad you found the answer to your weight gain! Congrats on the 5 pound loss

Miss you Ginny!!!

Hi to Cristi and Laura

Hope you all have a wonderful day!! Chat later
Old 05-10-2006, 01:23 PM   #73  

Shawna ~~ Glad I could help and I see you got your signature up and runnin...looks great!

Deb ~~ You're doing GREAT! That's wonderful on your weight loss!

Katy ~~ You're just having too much fun out shoveling that stuff LOL! Atleast you're getting your exercising in while having fun.

Susan ~~ You're always on the move! I hope your meeting with your daughter this morning goes better. So she is staying in Gladstone right now? I do love our beautiful sunshiny weather!
Old 05-10-2006, 02:25 PM   #74  
The Fenix In Flight

S/C/G: 248/232/160

Hi again everyone!! We all seem so happy an active today!! I am ready for a nap now, been here to long! Well just got on to say hi to everyone!!
Deb
Old 05-10-2006, 02:44 PM   #75  
kitty Momo

Hi Michelle,
Katy is having too much fun isn't she?? I am reeling in jealousy - lol Can't wait for her to come in this afternoon and tell us all about it. I don't understand the moving thing though - can't you just tell em where you want it in the first place? I am talking about the dairy compost stuff.
Yes, Rach is out there in Gladstone, so pretty this morning out there. I looked at a rental and I might call.Just down the block from the sitter.
The counseling went horrible. She was in a cheery mood until we brought up the friend and her not being able to hang with this friend. Rach was ok with moving in with me and she was so sweet - until........
lol
Anyway, she turned to her father and said "you let mom manipulate you" lol I started laughing and she says "this isn't funny!" I told her I have to find some humor otherwise it would drive me nuts. She walked out with F this and F that. Talked with her counselor another 20 minutes.
Also, her friend ran away yesterday, found that out this morning from Beck. Great.
So, that was my morning! lol
Going to take a fast lunch of pickled beets, cottage cheese and albacore.
Chat later.

Edited for Deb Hi to you!! Enjoy the nap
Closed Thread