Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 01:00 PM   #46  
ugggg.....

Back real quick during lunch--Lean Cuisine and a dole fruit cup along with a Crystal Light Lemonade.

Marti--my work-out partner it's actually someone that I met there--never knew her before but we have the same work schedule and end up there at the same times--we leave post its for each other if we miss each other for more than two times....DH wants to get either a total gym or a Bowflex Extreme in the fall--At 46 he's not losing the weight as easy as he used to though in the summer we do walk the dogs in the paths in the woods more (they have a doggy door and a fenced in yard to come and go as they please) and we are both more active with upkeep of the outside. He has that seasonal disorder and is really affected when the days are shorter and puts on weight over the winter.

Jane--hope you have a safe & fun trip!!

Robin--our little area has survived losing two people to downsizing that weren't replaced and then we were given an ongoing project that is loads of work. The co-worker who was in the hospital due to an infection and diabetes attack will be out for quite awhile. Next to me she has the most work that is very detailed. She's 61 and I have always said when she retires I am too - she would be the most difficult person to replace in the whole area including myself. She gets a skin graft on her foot where they removed the three toes after Memorial Day and I truly doubt that she wil be back full time until fall. We are limping along and there are a few things that only she has done that I will have to take to her at home to show me what to do. Right now her eyes are really giving her problems--they say she will need to get her eyes checked and maybe a new perscription after her body adjusts to her sugar levels being under control.

well I really have to get back to work now!!
Old 05-09-2006, 01:22 PM   #47  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Katiecat ~ I'm too frustrated with the pedometer thing. I'm taking it back and just keep doing my exercising. I guess I don't have the patience to keep messing with it.

Jane ~ I saw your story on page 9 of the book. You are an inspiration and you're doing so good! I've thought of doing WW online, but I don't know for sure, because it's still a little expensive.

Marti ~ It's another beautiful day here in Oregon! Your pedometer is very accurate. I'm just not good with technological things, and my husband couldn't figure it out either, so back it goes to the store on Thursday!
Old 05-09-2006, 02:17 PM   #48  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hello JL's. I am slowly getting back to normal here. It has been a rough two weeks or more. We sat with my terminally ill BIL for 6 days and into the night some of the time. DH has a large family so the siblings were there and being supportive, even doing the nursing during the day. We did have a lady stay nights. When he passed away our sons came from CA. they just left this morning. (I had to get up at 4:30 to get them to the airport...ugh!) Nothing worse than saying good-bye, except saying good-bye when you are so totally exhausted. We had some time together since they were here for 6 days, but the first few days were not the greatest...viewing and funeral. I did have a cook-out Sun. for the sons, DD and her family, my Mom and aunt.

Meanwhile, our house roof trusses went up yesterday. It is coming along great. I love to go over there and sit in what will be my back yard..it is shady and cool. Sorry, I never did get the photos posted and don't know if I can figure it out. I WILL try.

Food and exercise wise...I am a real DUD the past few weeks. Talk about stress eating. I have been drinking my water and Crystal Light and going to the loo...but fear I haven't chosen too wisely in the food department. How can you when everyone brings pies, cakes, chicken and noodles, meatloaf?...OH my goodness..I ate alot! Today I am trying to get back on the wagon....ON the wagon, I am not pulling the wagon. So we will see what happens this week. I have not and will not weigh until Mon. and will probably faint when I see that number.

Okay Ladies, I have gabbed enough and need to get some cleaning done. I love having guests, but hate the work it creates. Of course, I hate all housework!!

BBLater
Old 05-10-2006, 12:59 AM   #49  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Sue, I am sorry you had some tough times recently...hugs!

Michelle,,,girl take it back and get another one! Save your mentality!

Jules, good lunch,,,did you get all your water in? I didn't do well with the water but fantastic with the food. Have to be honest and say day 1, no binge.

Robin, ah man that has got to be hard to handle...do you have any support system at work that you can talk to? HR dept?

Marti,,,with going in the summer it should be beautiful there,,,you two are so lucky. I didn't know you can see Alcatraz at night? SPOOOKY!

I redid my bio, changed to my full name, added my weights, and am coming clean. I have gained 11-13 lbs since my surgery. I have been emotionally eating my way to the biggest I have ever been. I have quit theatre so I can focus on my weight, no racing off to do whatever. I don't want to have anything distracting me from what I need to do. Its going to take 4-5 months till I see the Dr. I had been freaking this past 2 weeks...but the last 2 days,,,a calm came over me. I will start my own lifestyle till I see this Dr.
I am going to try to wean myself off of sugar, I am a binge eater. Stress triggers this need to eat sugary carbs. whewww didn't think I would actually say all this,,, have hated feeling like this,,and found myself really emotional over how I could of gotten this way. Talked alot to Monte about this, and know I have his support. I have this great boss whom I have talked and feel connected with, (we think the same way/ she just seems to be able to vocally say whats going on in my head)
I am going to try and learn how to blog,,,Im not all that computer savy. Possibly post my now pics (shudder) and track my journey.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:29 AM   #50  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Angelia ~~ I LOVE your name...very pretty! I think it's so good how you're refocusing and coming clean on everything and also admitting your downfalls. I have help things in so much in the past, and I worry that people will think I'm just a depressing person venting and not want to hear it. I have been having problems the last couple of days with being very down and totally off track! I just hate it how stress and emotions can really throw me off! I just don't understand how come I just cant focus and get with the program and get the weight off! This weight thing has been the HARDEST thing for me to ever go through in my life. I think having kids was even easier than this. I hope you have a good evening and a happy Wednesday!
Old 05-10-2006, 02:03 AM   #51  

Height: 5'1"

Don't post here....head on over to #188.
Closed Thread