Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 03:24 PM   #46  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hi ladies...

JULES...lots of (((((HUGS))))) to your friends.

MICHELLE...glad to hear you are feeling better.

JANE...your outfit sounds so purdy! I did try on a skirt and dress yesterday and almost bought one of them-couldn't decide so put them both back because they were black. Just don't like wearing black to a wedding. Still not sure what I will wear I noticed a lot of brown and I do like brown, but wouldn't wear it to a wedding. Was really looking for something springy, pink or blue, but not navy.

SUSAN...this guy that Vince works with is getting married. So what kind of sandwich are you eating that has cucumbers on it? I like cucumbers but can't imagine them on bread.

KATY...me and my mother will never have a realtionship, especially after the e-mails. Her last words were...you'll never hear from me again. Now how's that for a mother saying she cares? It's not the first time we have gotten into it though. She just doesn't like to hear the truth. Thank you for sharing that site! I printed off some of the info and may just have to buy some of the insoles. Thinking that is/has been my problem. And yes, $45.00 is so much better than $500!

GINNY...I guess we are fortunate to have decent insurance. They have paid for just about everything after we pay our deductible which I think is $250 per person. I know when DS-Josh hurt his ankle bad...I took him to the emergency room and 2 hours later came out with a $600 bill! YIKES! All they did was look at it, give him a brace to wear and take x-rays. What cracks me up is then he got a $200 bill for the doc who looked at him, and then another $176 bill for the x-rays. It is ridiculous! Of course the job he worked at did not provide insurance and while he was working, it happened when he was leaving and because his boss was a friend, sort of...he didn't want to pursue workers comp. Anyway...glad you had a nice time with DS and children.

KATHY...we could stay home while the people look at the house but I would feel uncomfortable. Well, that and our little dog would bark the whole time and annoy everyone! He doesn't like people so it's easier for us to leave. BUT...we won't be worrying about that any longer. DH told our realtor we wanted out of the contract because it was/is driving us mad. He was going to talk to his broker to see what can be done so we don't lose our money on the other house. If we have to, we will just keep it listed and just not show it. Haven't heard anything yet about it.

ELLEN...I love the rug! So pretty! I say if you have a touch of red in your decor, it should work. Too bad about the other, I REALLY liked the blue & yellow!

Hi to everyone else!

Well, went to IF this morning and got that out of the way. I was draggin' for some reason but got it done. Working on the water, just have one bottle to get the four but I am going to try for five. That's about all that's going on with me. Went there and then ran to the grocery store to pick up a couple of things I forgot at Wal-Mart Wednesday. Straightened the house a little and did a load of laundry...very interesting and fun-filled day! Yeah, right So spending some time on the ole 'puter. It's a rainy day today and supposed to be the whole weekend. So will be getting a lot of reading in I hope. Haven't been doing much reading lately. I will chat with you ladies later.

Take care and have a great day!
Old 04-28-2006, 04:10 PM   #47  
kitty Momo

Hi Cristi.
The 600 calorie sandwish had the cucumbers. The one I had today (the 290)was on whole grain bread and had turkey & red peppers. It was somewhat tastey. I missed the cucumber one though.
I just talked with Rach and she was sobbing. She was apologizing up and down. Promised to be better if she could come home. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO dang hard to listen to that but ......I tried to calm her down and tell her we would see her on Wednesday and the program would be more relaxed for the weekend, so relax, calm down. I think she tried but she was still crying......argh.
I said her dad would call later in the day.
anywho. I had clam chowder for lunch and an orange......

chat later.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:26 PM   #48  
Closed

YEP ITS FRIDAY LET THE FUN BEGIN

HI SUSAN....
Same brain yep I can see that one I knew you would never laugh at my downfall When we moved into our last house my daughter was 10 yrs, and this other little girl started coming around , there was something about her that just struck me as odd, after a few years of friendship ,my daughter started acting strange and scared, I asked her if something was wrong ,if she wanted to talk about it ,and I discovered that this other little girl was devil worshipping ,and my daughter didn't know what to do or say to her friend , well I did, and that was the end of that friendship, 13 yrs old, I almost died, I was so naive I didn't even know such things happened with children that young .It was scary for her as well as myself I say keep your daughter away from that kind of destructive influence, its hard enough as it is for young kids ,and to many temptations. Maybe her own mother should consider taking her to church or at least teach her some values to help her through her life. I can hardly wait till you go to camp can I come to can I, can I , immature no never not us
doesn't that bite you when you think you are doing something good for yourself and then discover its full of calories, OK Susan this is getting scary because the exact same thing happened to me just yesterday. I love those Wendy's mandarin chicken salads, I had trouble reading the back of the dressing packet the first time I had one so I tossed it my sons way and asked is this OK for me to eat, he looked at and said yes its fine so I have happily been indulging in them every chance I get and he comes yesterday and picks up the dressing packet and says you shouldn't be eating that its got 12 grams of fat I said but you said it was OK, not exactly in those words no I LOVE MY SON but geez Louise. True story, story of my life
so are you excited about Monday's weigh in, after the frosty I'm kinda scared, it wasn't even my frosty for goodness sakes, they can't leave those kinds of temptations in my freezer , its just not fair So are you having a fun day

HI CRISTI...
We all must have been typing away at the exact same time today there is a lot of red in the sofa's , the background is yellow and the flowers are pinks reds little blue ones so there is a lot of red to pull from it. I just wasn't sure if I wanted to keep the kitchen more in the yellow and white pallette but honestly now looking at it I'm thinking a splash of colour might be a good thing, I was going to do the curtains in a yellow and white stripe but I am now leaning more towards ordering one of the fabrics in the sofa with all the floral colours to make them with, I think I am needing more colour, Its all so confusing why can't it just be simple but who knows if they find me the yellow and blue rug I might change my mind again, its a fickle thing my brain Did you and hubby make any decision on what you are going to do about the house situation ? Sorry I had to ask didn't I Hope you are having a wonderful day
HI TO EVERYONE ELSE HOPE YOUR HAVING A GREAT DAY, THE WEEKEND STARTS SOON. yayYEP STILL FUNNY

Last edited by Tea Rose; 04-28-2006 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:26 PM   #49  
One day at a time

Hiya Ms. Susan...

You know, kids do know how to play ya. I know Rachel is most likely upset because she is somewhere she needs to be but doesn't want to be. They will always promise to be good to get their way. It is heartwrenching though to hear your child crying for you. (((HUGS))) to her and you. You just want to let her come home but you can't. She has to know that this is the best thing for her in the long run. She'll go through the crying phase and when she realizes she has to stay there, then there will be the anger phase. She'll be mad at you for putting her there and then I think she will finally figure out it was for her own good and hopefully thank you for it in the end. You guys just have to stand your ground.

The turkey sandwich sounds delicious! As does the clam chowder. I had never had clam chowder but always saw it and thought it looked so gross, ICK! Then one day someone talked me into trying it and now I am a fan, so gooood! Especially on a cold day. I had a cup of vegetable beef soup from Subway a few days ago...was so cold for some reason and could not warm up. Boy was it tasty, and it warmed me insides up.

I probably should get going. Didn't realize it was almost 3:30!
Old 04-28-2006, 04:35 PM   #50  
One day at a time

Hiya Ms. Ellen!

Yeppers, we were all typing at the same time!

I think with all the colors the red rug would be perfect! It really is pretty! And yes....we did make a decision about the house. We are not going to sell! Yippeee.... I can get on with my boring life as I knew it before. Our realtor was going to talk with his broker to see what he needs to do to see about getting our money back on the other house and if we can't get it back then we will just leave the house listed and let the contract run it's course. But not accept any appointments for showings. I honestly can't take anymore of this. I thought for sure we would have this sold in less than a month with the way things are being sold around here. But..all we have gotten is it's too small. Well, duh! 1283 sq. ft. is small! Or as I like to say, cozy. It's actually 2500+ sq. ft counting the basement so not understanding how it can be small. The main floor though, yes and there's no separate dining room that a lot of people want. The rooms themselves I guess are small to them. To me it's not, it's perfect. Oh well...now you've got me wanting to do some redecorating! I'll tell V it's all your fault that he has to paint the whole house again!
Old 04-28-2006, 04:38 PM   #51  
One day at a time

ELLEN...your picture reminded me of a postcard I sent to a friend while living in Dallas. It was of a bus with out of towners on it and a guy flashed them...it said "I thought they said everything was bigger in Texas!"
Old 04-28-2006, 04:48 PM   #52  
kitty Momo

STOP POSTING CRISTI!!!! No one is going to read it, and you will be totally responsible for making us crash!!! lol JUMP over to #184 thread.
Closed Thread