Old 06-10-2006, 07:35 AM   #61  

Good Morning,
Sorry I haven't posted this week. We are having an almost childless weekend here. Hubby took youngest to grandmas til I am through with school. That should be Tuesday. SO, Wednesday night was Margarita night. Ending the last day of school and all. We have had luncheon after luncheon this year. Dang I am almost up to 175. I need to stop eating. Geez, can't wait til this week is over. SO, I can get on with life.
Robyn: SOrry bout your son's arm. Is he ok? I know he is very upset about no baseball. Geez. Poor thing. How were your jello shooters?
Kerry: Good for you for excercising. I plan on making that a priority.
Ginny: Night at a hotel? Oooooh la la......
Mouse: Pools up........Chemicals in. Just waiting for the water to heat up.........
Lots to do...... Be back later
Pam
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:10 AM   #62  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hola chicas! Como esta? How do you say "oh my aching head" in Spanish?! It has been a while since I had one of those alcohol induced head throbs! I've taken some head meds and all is well with the world EXCEPT I slept thru WW this morning! OHHH WELL!

DS had to get up and go with CoachDad to the ballgame. He had to go in full uniform complete with medical blue sling. He is going in full uniform JUST so he can be counted and then sit on the bench and perhaps avoid them having to forfeit. DS was NOT happy about having to put on baseball pants for no good reason. (Oh no. I never looked. I bet he has on some colorful boxers under those white thin pants! OH dear! )

School is 3 days away from being DONE! Phone is ringing....will return to read everyones posts and say a REAL hello to everyone!

...til then..take care,
meee
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:54 PM   #63  
burned out bus driver

An interesting day for me. Wish I could go hide somewhere.....or perhaps bring back that really nice man that I spent a day with up in Sturbridge. I think I left him on Rt 84 somewhere.........he is the same guy I left somewhere on the way home from NC last summer.

Robyn- well, the good news is that it sounds as though nothing in Ds's arm was broken. His arm sounds quite bad though- and I am glad you are not a nurse! This way you just have to maintain his bandages, not be the one to administer the bad news (like no more baseball for the season). How is he handling the injury? How about Dh handling it? Are you ok? Don't sweat the WW meeting......there will be another one next week. we all need a rest from time to time ( I took this week off too).

Pam- hope things return to normal so that you can regain your focus. I have been having hard time with that also (staying focused). Some days/weeks it is easier than others. Put the mental brakes on......I would advise (as they are just starting to mention in weight loss articles) that you WI every day.
For me it is a wake up call......a reminder that the horrors I ate the day before really do show up on the scale and that I had better get my fat fanny in gear immediately.

What a stressful week. Yesterday, I was called at 5:15 am to drive a HS/MS route, then my elementary. I know how short drivers they have been (and the person I "sub"bed for is a Friday call in mallingerer type.... so I agreed to do the route. Then I had to take my annual written test (in NY we must recertify annually both written and road tests for a CDL). Had a few hours at home then off for an afternoon of fun and games. There was a horrible accident just outside of my elementary school, the road was closed for 4hours and many buses had to reroute 5 miles out of the way to get around it.
So I got home very late.....drove for 8 hours yesterday. I feel it today....pooped. I want a big cup of tea, my thumb and my blankie....and a nap.

Nuff from me. Better get something done around here. Hope everyone is ok!
Enjoy your weekend.
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:35 PM   #64  
burned out bus driver

Another busy day. Went to church with both Dd's (Dh and Ds were headed out for a baseball game) then after we all got back I suckered Dh into walking to the farmers market in town. It was a pleasant walk- all of us went. Later took both dd's to the mall/Walmart and a few errands- that went way longer than I wanted to, but the mall is 30 minutes from our house, so an hour was wasted driving. (I hate shopping anyway). Got some really cute clothes for both Dd's and some Father's day shopping done. Then back to make dinner. I used a bunch of recipes from a late winter WW magazine- Dh commented that he thought it was like restaurant cooking. At least all the work was appreciated. Now I am pooped and not looking foward to another week of work. Oh well.........
Hope everyone is ok out there. See ya!
Old 06-12-2006, 05:36 PM   #65  
burned out bus driver

Happy Monday!!!!!
Did I chase everyone away?????
Old 06-12-2006, 08:40 PM   #66  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hello.
I was not chased away....but my post from last night evidently didn't make it up the coast. I PROMISE I posted a message. It wasn't long or great or anything...but it was a message! I EVEN mentioned everyone by name...I think! So. Anywho. Here I am.... yelling at the oldest who is supposed to be studying for his exams. He is resisting my "help". Reisistance is futile...as they said on Star Trek!

I have SOOOOO much to do at school....and we spent today (our last day of the multicultural extravaganza!) "doing" Ancient Mali!

Gonna go...before I need to be bailed out....

Will return...later! Tomorrow is our picnic! Can you say YIPPPPEEE?! Knew that you could!

take care,
meee
Old 06-12-2006, 10:38 PM   #67  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
Can you say Thank God baseball and softball season is over for my stepkids and their dad and I? Yesterday was the last day for ball games for this year. Spend the whole weekend at the ball park. The boys finished 2nd in their league and my sdd finished third in her league. So today was spent delievering my Avon orders, cleaning house and playing with the stepsons' and their dad wiffle ball in the yard. Took my dh to the lake and only got about a mile walk out of him and then we had to go back to the van. I was not happy when I am use to walking 2 miles or more. Then my one sds has weak eye muscles and has to do vision thepary to correct them and strenghten them. We decided to let his mom do it home with him, since I am going to work with him on his reading, spelling and math here at the house during the daytime. Well my dh called to talk to her this evening and she said that their son hadn't done his therapy yet for today because he didn't want to do it. So my dh told her that she was to bring it to our house and we would make sure he did it. If he doesn't do it his eyes wouldn't get better and he will have to repeat 2nd grade. I guess I am just fed up with covering for her fat lazy butt and doing everything for those kids. Then I get crapped on by them for their your not my mom attitude and they give me grief when I want to do something and they don't want to. Like this past weekend who took the kids to their ball games and made sure they were there on time and had something to drink. ME! And who showed up 1 hour to an hour and half late to their games but got all the attention when she would shell out money for candy and junk, that they didn't need. She had them so hyped up that I was seeing red. They would not listen to me or their dad the rest of the day. I fixed it the next day though I carried a paddle with me to the ball park and told them if they misbehave, I was bringing that paddle out and using it on them. They straighten up real quick. So I have decided that one of these evenings before she picks them up I am going to give them a 20 oz. pop, candy bars and ice cream. Then she can deal with them for the rest of the evening. Sorry for ranting and raving, but she has me so pissed off right now.
Robyn are you sad that the Cultural Fair is over with? So how many more days of school do you have left? Hppefully you will survive your picnic tomorrow!
Mouse where are you? We have missed you. Hope all is going well with you.
Pam, so how did you like your almost childless weekend? Has the water warmed up so you can take a dip in your pool? Haven't been able to get much excerise in this weekend with three ball games on Saturday and three on Sunday. But I think I will make it a priority to get some excerise in this week though.
Ginny, hope things have calmed down for you. Glad your dh liked your dinner you cooked last night. I would love to go shopping for some new clothes. I guess that could happen if I drop some more weight.
Well I better go to bed shortly, since I have to be up when the kids get dropped off for their free babysitting service. But God help us all when we ask for a few dollars to help feed the kids when our money supply runs short a week before payday. My dh is going to look for a parttime job for the school year so I don't have to work the afterschool program any more and I can help the kids with their homework, since their mom is too tired and lazy to do it with them after she gets home from work. She just lets them play, feeds them, watches movies galore with them and then puts them to bed. But expects us to do everything else for them. Sorry I am just not very happy with her right now. But she puts on this great front that she has the kids best interest at heart in front of the school officals, the doctors, eye doctor, and our friends. When the only people she really cares about is herself and her new husband.
Thanks for letting me vent. Talk to you all tomorrow. Maybe I will have been able to burn off a few extra calories with all the anger built up inside of me this evening. LOL
Later,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:09 AM   #68  
KAR

Morning,
What a great day this is going to be! I had to get up this morning at 6:40 when my sdd was dropped off by her friend's mom on her way to work. Then listen to my dh talk to her about how disappointed he was in her for lying to him and not telling him that she and her friend were staying at home by themselves well her friend's mom was at work. They are both just 10. But instead of punishing her, he is going to let her go swimming today when he comes home from work. So in the mean time, I have to take her to Curves and come home and start mowing the yard. She was told that she had to help mow the yard some and then he would take her into the pool. Now how fair is that? So I have to get all these stuff done before noon. Then on top of all that crap, I still have to help my one sds do his vision therapy and tutor him in reading, spelling and math. My dh couldn't understand why I was in a foul mood this morning before he left for work. I told him that I didn't schedule a visit to the pool today in my schedule and he said that was fine, he would just take his daughter and drop her off at the pool and come home since two of our friends are lifeguarding today and they will keep an eye on her. I said that wasn't fair to the boys either since they will have to stay home and I for one am not going to listen to them complaining. I might just tell him to take them all and I will just mow the yard myself. He can weed eat it this evening when the kids have left for the day. I like how I am suppose to be the one on vacation here and I get to cater to everyone elses schedules. I hope my visit to Curves blows off some of this steam I have built up. If not, it is not going to be pretty when I blow my top.
Hope everyone else is having a great day!
Kerry
Old 06-13-2006, 05:33 PM   #69  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
Boy what a little pushing mowing of a yard can do to make one feel so much better. I got the yard done. Worked with my stepson for about an hour. Even made it to Curves to workout with my stepdaughter. I am just wondering if the scales will be up a little tonight since I just finished the yard about an hour ago. Came in and took my shower and feel like a human again. I am going to leave here in a few minutes to go to Subway, stop at the dollar store to buy a container for my contest idea and then off to my meeting. Then I think when I get home I might just head off to bed early tonight. My sdd didn't get to go to the pool today after all. So I am happy my dh didn't reward her for lying by letting her go. I think she knew I was mad with her while we worked out. The ladies working at the gym today asked why we were both so quiet. All my sdd could say to them was she was in major trouble with her dad and me. So loud mouth me proceeded to tell them all why. They were not siding with her at all. They said they could see why we were not happy with her. Even her grandma who she has wrapped around her pinky was not too happy with her when she found out. She said that we should definately make sure she is punished some how. So we attempted to have her mow the flat parts of the yard. When she kept make big old patches of grass between her mowed parts I decided after 10 minutes of that she was done. It would take me so much more time cleaning up her mess.
So how is everyone else's day going? I hope you all survived the school day for those still in school.
Well I better go and get my butt in gear to go to my meeting. It starts at 6:30. Lord only knows how many people are going to be in front of me at Subway and the dollar store. Talk to you all later.
Have a wonderful evening.
Kerry
Old 06-13-2006, 08:20 PM   #70  
burned out bus driver

Is it Friday yet?

Kerry- absolutely ok that you vent here. Your Dh's ex obviously is his ex for a good reason- she is a creep. Bless you for what you do for her kids.......hang in there. Someday they will bless you for it too. Mowing is great excercise and therapeutic too. How did the meeting go tonite?

Ran into a WW meeting this evening during Dd's piano.......down 1.4# (great as I skipped last week and was up a wee bit 4 weeks ago). Gonna get to that goal weight someday........I am so tired. BTW, Dd got her report back (the report from h***, as I am sure you all remember) she got a 113 on it (all the extra points, just some points taken off for punctuation and a few minor spelling problems). The teacher today told me that she was happy that Dd wrote hers by hand, as then she was confident that Dd did the report herself, as opposed to others whose parents typed (and of course spell checked etc.) the report. that is why we elected for her to write it by hand- it is a long, long report and would have taken her so much time to type (she is 10). Her script is beautiful- so why not write it out. Glad that is over......I will be driving a lot the next 3 days-I am beat.

Robyn-Ds survive the exams? You survive Ancient Mali?

Gotta go........off to play ziggety with Dd.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:46 PM   #71  
KAR

Evening all,
I lost 1/4 of a pound tonight. I was surprised since I thought I would be a little heavier due to the extra hard workout I gave my muslces today. So that is two weeks in a row for me to lose something now. Let's see if I can make it three weeks in a row next week.
Ginny, congrats on the 1.4 pound loss. I bet your were pleasantly surprised when you were on the scales. Great news about your dd's report too. I bet you are so happy for her grade! Try to sneak in some Ginny time over the next few days. I hope life won't be too hetic for you.
Hello to Mouse, Pam and Robyn. Hope you are doing well.
Off to put my Avon orders that I got tonight online and then I am going to read for a little while before going to bed.
Take care and have a wonderful evening.
Kerry
Old 06-13-2006, 10:08 PM   #72  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

I arrived home after 8:30 tonight. BPJ for dinner. I'm exhausted. Tomorrow is the last day for kids and today / night was the first time that I've actually been able to "work" in / on my room. I'm so exhausted...but I've got junk to do for school tomorrow... placement cards, actually...gotta run...will catch up and be personal SOME day! Don't hate me! I'm so flippin exhausted..... and I've got so much work to do! take care,
meee
Old 06-14-2006, 05:39 AM   #73  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Morning. Our youngest finishes 5th grade today. I will be the mom of a highschool freshman and a 6th grader....no more elementary school mom. Dang, I'm getting OLD! OLD, I tell you!
Old 06-14-2006, 08:59 AM   #74  
KAR

Robyn Don't look at as that you are getting old. Look at as you are just aging like a fine wine would, getting better with age everyday. Congrats on today being the end of your school year for you. I bet you are so happy. So what are your big summer plans for yourself?
Ginny, hope you are enjoying your driving time today? As the end of the school draws to a close to you find that your numbers go down on your bus? Does that make it an easier on you? Congrats again on the great wi you had last night. I got on the scales this morning and I am down about another pound. So my muscles had to have still been contracting last night when I went to my wi. Oh well, gives me a great motivation not to over do it this coming weekend when I am out of town for TOPS on Friday and Saturday. Then on Sunday I am driving home for to visit my family for a few days and will be back on Tuesday in time for my TOPS meeting. So I hope the scales go down again next Tuesday.
Mouse and Pam where are you? We miss chatting with you both. Hope all is well with you both.
Well I need to go and get my workout clothes on. The stepkids will be here any time now and once they get here, I am taking the twins to their dad at work and he can watch them while their sister and I go workout at Curves. Then this afternoon, we are taking them all swimming at the city pool for a couple hours. I guess my sdd kept asking her daddy yesterday when are you going to take me swimming and he told her not today. She could wait a day and let us finish the yard. So I think that was punishment enought for her lying to us.
Well I better get my fat fanny in gear here. Talk to you all later.
Have a great Wednesday!
Kerry
Old 06-14-2006, 07:35 PM   #75  
burned out bus driver

Gee, Kerry thanks for being so optimistic about less kids riding. The only day that will be that way is next Thursday- the last day. Everyone rides in elemenrtary as all after school programs (the in school ones) are over. And they are all wound up. Had to pull over and shut down to get the gang in control. I subbed on a middle school route today.....they were HORRIBLE. We had a riot/food fight in the HS yesterday pm- so all the kids were hyper and aware of the mess in the HS. I hated that part.....not the worst MS kids I ever took home, but they sure were full of themselves. So I am extremely tired, burned out and begging for the xtra strenght tylenol I just took to kick in. Please.

Kerry congrats on the loss........love to hear of the scale going down. Hope your visit with your family this weekend is pleasant and rejuvinating.
Robyn- I so totally agree with Kerry's comment about you being like fine wine or a well aged cheddar. You are getting better and better each day. Love yourself for where you are right now......we love you! And hopefully things will slow down for you soon. Post when you can.

Big Chief Burnout here better sign off.........nite!