Friday Moooooooooooning

• Hi Cowbabies! It's Friday, it's still beastly hot, and I need to move my computer into my air conditioned bedroom. That'll never happen. There's too many things attached to this thing. Maybe I'll just take a book there.

Speaking of books, I've sold 3 of DD's books I put up online. Before you know it, we'll be zillionaires. The one we sold today went for 75c. How long will it take to get rich on that?

I am not happy with the fact that I finished a bag of potato chips last night. I need someone to go shopping for me and prepare me nutritious meals and snacks. Any volunteers? It's too hot to think about food, so I just scrounge around at the last minute and eat everything I find, or get takeout and eat grease. I need help!

Desperately hot and chubby Kiwi
  • IT'S TOO DEPRESSING
    I am so sad about how fat I have become---since coming here I have gained ten pounds.THAT IS SICK.I remember when I was trying to get down to 140 pounds---WHAT A JOKE Now I would be happy to be in the high 150's.tomorrow I have to go to a barbeque featuring my old boyfriend from university.He is tall and slim,I am tall and barn-ish.we all hung out together in first,and second year university,and we are having a "reunion" of sorts---a few of the old gang have remained slim and alluring----I am not one of them.I really hope this sorry bunch of cows is planning to get it together for the fall,or we will have to meet at the dairy farm and offer to help out.----guess what Kiwonk----it's actually HOT in my town---what a shocker for us all!!!!
  • This helped me
    My sister has been making me go shopping every friday night for the last 3 weeks. The 3 way mirrors don't lie. I've been buying myself clothes in spite of the fact that I'm a porker. For some reason this has all helped me to stay on the diet wagon. Try it.

I am definitely serious about losing this summer/fall. This is going to be the year.
  • How about a full length mirror in the shower?
    I just spent an hour making dog food. I don't mind shopping and cooking for the dog's diet, but not for mine

My sympathies, Bagz, think of it as a character building exercise... I've gotten together with an old bf a couple of times since the big ballooning, too. I just try not to think about it. Or concentrate on his receding hairline. That works too.

Yes, ladies, this is the year to do something about it! Right now I'm downing a bottle of water. And I had an actual lunch instead of scrounging for junk: Toasted cheese with tomato and onion. With skim milk. Not too bad.

Later. Gotta go send off the 75c book.

Kiwi
  • High school sweetheart
    I seldom run into old boyfriends because I married one of my first. And he's not what he used to be at 16 either. He used to have hair and weigh about 30 lbs. less than now. But he wasn't nearly as nice as he is now. He's gained alot more than weight over the years (like depth) and so have you, Bagzie, and no amount of poundage can out weigh that. So go and have fun. And if the old boyfriend still has the body of a 20 something then he must spend way too much time at the gym to have developed much between his ears.

Have an absolutely wonderful weekend, Cowsies.
  • Wabbit is wise
    Kiwi is overheated. Lord, it's still hot here. I think our house was built to let the least possible amount of breeze into it.

Here's what I've been doing today (This is fascinating reading, designed to draw in all you folks who've been ignoring us):

I deleted some stuff off the computer

I let dd go canoeing by herself. She came back to tell me that the padlock on the canoe had a grain of sand stuck in the the keyhole and she couldn't open it. She and I and the dog traipsed back down to the water and I dug the sand out and she paddled off.

I took the dog for a walk seeing's how I was hot and sweaty already. She picked up some nasty dead bird remnant and wouldn't let go of it. Pleading, promising treats, yelling, and prying mouth open with a stick did not work (she has some strong jaws on her for an old lady). She trotted back home, right up to the door, where I said "You're not bringing that inside", whereupon she carefully laid it on the step and came in the door. Well, gee whiz.

And how was your Saturday?

Kiwi