Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 11:41 AM   #106  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone, Carol sounds like you really did a lot of hard work this weekend. Yard work makes me tired. I think it's good that you didn't gain. You'd lost a chunk last week so maintaining that is a good thing. The few things you ate that weren't planned didn't add up to too many calories. It's not easy staying very good, is it? Think about the 45 miles this way - that's 45 miles that you wouldn't have moved if you hadn't tried. Good for you on the miles you did make - those 5 missing miles aren't a big deal.

I had a good weekend. Walked a bit. The weather was good. So we went hiking on Saturday, letting the doggies run free. Then DS's GF and I took one of my doggies and DGS on a walk around the 2 mile block. I was pooped. Yesterday, DH and I took all the doggies and DGS on a 2.5 mile walk. It really was a beautiful weekend. I think today, DS's GF and I will take DGS and the doggies around the 2 mile block. It's looking to be gorgeous out.

So my April walking goal was 75 miles - I made it 89.5 miles. Yeah!!! Total since I started my log is 252.9 miles. My bank account is looking good. Over the weekend I ate 1366 cals on Sunday and 1448 cals on Saturday. I'm hoping that the white box is nice tomorrow morning. My water goals are doing good. I've been aiming for 75 oz. per day. Last Wednesday I didn't make it, but since then I have. So I'm on track with all three - water, exercise and food. Maybe pounds will definitely disappear.

Other than the walk, I don't have a lot planned today. I'm going to call about a car in California (I live 5 miles into Oregon on the Cal/OR border). It's at a dealership so I didn't call yesterday. Other than that one and another in CA, I haven't found much. I'll keep looking. One I thought was good had no AC. Bad idea for living in the desert.

Marble, Judy, Freda and everyone else, I hope you all had a great weekend.
Marie
Old 05-01-2006, 12:58 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Hi ladies-
Marie - Sounds like you did an awesome job on your walking and eating I bet you see a nice loss tomorrow. I had a pretty good weekend myself. Saturday I got so caught up in walking I forgot to eat dinner. I walked a carnival and 4 stores.

Sunday I laid low did well on my eating. I don't count miles but I have been counting steps. I think I may design a goal number of steps I want to see every week. Right now I am doing 4,000-5,000 steps a day. That comes out to a little over 2 miles a day. I actually saw 162.8 on the scale tday so I am hoping to get to 161 by Wednesday.

go us !!!

Nikki
Old 05-01-2006, 01:53 PM   #108  
prepare for the BEST time

Hi Everyone:

I had a busy weekend, (not fun but at least I'm making things work in my favor). Those 3 lbs. are gone along with another one...I have TOM from ****....so my moods and wt. are swinging all over the place, but I've not been very hungry, I have to force the food in these days.

congrats to everyone on their progress...I got a good workout on Saturday, but am skipping today too as I have bigtime cramps and my motivation is out the window too.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:56 PM   #109  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, or I guess I should say, afternoon all! Sounds like every one is doing well! And spring it here and the blooms are popping up. My lilac (what's left of it) is starting to bloom and the bleeding heart is dripping in blooms! Love this time of year!

I did ok over the weekend with the eating but still not exercsing much. I believe I have a shin splint! I was hoping just a sore muscle. I will continue my weights but not too much walking for me for awhile looks like!

Niki, Yeah for you! You are really getting in some serious walking! But I have to tell you girl, I have NEVER forgot to eat! I wish I could do that often!

Marie, You really have the walking part down pat! that is so great! and now another weighyt loss!!! Hope you find the car you're looking for soon. I should take your lead and give up the junk food intirely! That is my downfall! So sorry about the baby! Poor little thing myst have been miserable. I'm not an expert on baby care (I work rehab, our adverage pt. is 70) but just from taking care of my grandchildren, we usually give them tylenol. The shots do make them miserable. Good thing grandma was there to love and rock!

Cacsmc, how awsome! A wedding to plan and get ready for! A good incentive for you too. Got to look good in the wedding party. It's not quite time to plant flowers here, but i'm really looking forward to it. I like to play in the dirt too!

Marble, It's hard to stay off the scale. But you can't expect results every day. And add some fiber to your diet, works wonders!

Everyone have a good day, Freda

charlie, Good for you! Sometimes it takes awhile to get motivated/started! Just count the other times as practice because this time you're going to get it right!
Old 05-01-2006, 09:38 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 191/176/143

Hey all
I've had a great start to the week. I've been walking heaps and making great choices in terms of my food, I feel like that I'm finally getting this thing under control.
I've had a loss already so that's good.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:53 AM   #111  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Marie wow on the miles you keep it up girl! That is wonderful. I did walk yesterday but only the one lake. I was pretty sore from gardening so much and didn't feel I should push it. I think I will try to fit in the lakes again today. This is the last free week then the parks will charge. I will most likely look for a new walking place. You deserve a loss. I did well with healthy eating yesterday but ate a little extra than I should of. Good luck with car shopping knowing the car dealers the price went up on the lower gas models. My son is looking for a work vechile he said not much in the used stuff where he is. I wish you all the luck in finding a good one.
Nikki keep it up! Steps are important as well as miles. Anything that gets us moving will work. I know I have lost inches but lbs. would be nice too! I have never counted before and don't have one of those little machines. But it would be interesting to know. I have such a long step it would have to count as 1.5? HAH HAH! So I am reminded by everyone whom walks with me.
Freda shin splints are awful oh I hurt just thinking about it. Not fun!
A friend at work just went to the doctors and they took her off white flours saying her system most likely doesn't use them up right. So all whole wheat etc. Whole wheat does make you fuller longer I have noted that myself. She also was told not to eat anything past 7 p.m. I think I may join her on that one. Well I hope to get that little white box to lower the numbers this week. I have a wedding on the 20th still need a dress or I am wearing an old one. I think I might ck out a consignment shop today. No sense in buying new if I can find a nice one there. I don't mind a bit. With gas prices we are all thinking differently these days. Good luck everyone and lets keep us the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2006, 08:24 AM   #112  

Hi Everyone-

charri good job on your loss...

cacmsc- whole wheat makes a big difference.

I hada good day yesterday for the most part. I walked 6,413 steps which is about 2 1/2 to 3 miles. I ate cheese nips before bed last night which was bad but it is my TOM and I was craving salt. Oh well one cheat in 4 days not bad.

Nikki
Old 05-02-2006, 10:29 AM   #113  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone, I'm still limping around! So i haven't been able to exercise in awhile but I am keeping up with my weights. I'm going to have one of the doctors check this out tomorrow. I don't think there is anything you can do for shin-splints anyway! Makes me angry that I was doing so good and hit a road block. I just drove right into it! Reminds me that i'm not 20 or 40 or even 50 any more!!!!

Charli, good for you! Taking controle feels wonderful, doesn't it! Just keep that in mind when you start to make a bad choice (food or exercise). It's not worth feeling bad about it the next day!

cacsmc, I think I might join you and your friend with the no white flour thing! But does that count with cornbread too? I can't give that up and I think it is a good grain. And the night time eating is my absolute worst habit! I can't stop at 7 but I will go for 8! And definateally, whole wheat is better for you. Just watch the lables. Most are so misleading. Hope you find a dress soon. A CS would be wonderful and you can find some really nice stuff there sometimes. Have you tried the bridal stores? They have discounted items really cheap sometimes.

Niki, We all have those days when we just HAVE to have something! But you didn't let it become a major loss. And you got all your walking in! Good job!

Make it a good day, Freda
Old 05-02-2006, 10:59 AM   #114  
prepare for the BEST time

Today is a better day for me too.....

I did 40 mins. of cardio/wts. and hope to hit the gym in the evening for round 2.

The scale was kind today, showing me down another 1/2 lb.

I logged in 3 hours and 15 mins. last week and hope to do better by hitting 3.5 hours plus. i just hope the scale keeps moving!
Old 05-02-2006, 12:23 PM   #115  

I am glad today is a good day for you. Way to go on the exercise. I can't wait until I can do aerobics again. Today is going pretty well here as well. Hope the scale is nice to me tomorrow.

Nikki
Old 05-02-2006, 05:49 PM   #116  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone, I hope your day is going good. Have I ever mentioned I hate Tuesdays. Just hate them. So I'm a bit cranky. Not much is working right at work and the scale wasn't mean this morning, just not as friendly as I'd hoped. I was down a 1/2 pounds. Way better than nothing or gaining. I just hoped for more. As Freda said, makes me remember I'm not as young as I was when I first lost all my weight and it dropped off. That just isn't so anymore.

I did get up and walk my 3 miles (although cranky with an attitude). Food has been good. I was at 1450 cals yesterday and not about 600 so far for breakfast and lunch.

Good news (this is now 2 hours later) my naughty computer is now sort of working. It's doing things it's supposed to so that's an improvement in my day.

Carol, good luck finding a good place to walk. Too bad you can't get a season pass for the lake or something like that. Keep being good, we're all doing great.

Nikki, here's hoping th scale is nice tomorrow.

Freda, I'm sorry about the shin splints. They are so darn painful!!!!

Marble, go chickie go!!! Between the two of us we lost a WHOLE pound. YEAH!!! The earth is lighter.
Marie
Old 05-03-2006, 06:52 AM   #117  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Nikki did you have the reduced fat chesse nips? I have bought them and I serve them up at a party and no one knows the difference not too bad. If I buy snacks I try to repackage them according to serving size. Just a thought for future snacks without guilt for all of us. At anty rate your doing great and its not good to give up eveything just not realistic. That can get us in trouble down the road. Then we want everything a bit of something is more control than having a real binge.
Marble ahng in there that is me usually a 1/2 lb. hanging in there another 1/2 will add up and then more and more. The good thing is no gain!
Marie hang in there I am sure you were like me with losing inches more than lbs. don't feel alone. I am having a harder time with taking off the actual wt. but its just going to take time. After all we have a 24 days left to keep up the good work. In that course of time we must lose something more. Maybe we won't lose are whole amt. but some is better than none. Keep up your good efforts. I didn't walk yesterday but will today.
I ate good yesterday but at the end of the day slipped in an ice cream sandwich. I looked it up only around 200 cals. so I had 1500 cals yesterday. I will try for 1400 today. I did journal it all down that helps to try and stay on track.
Hang in there everyone. Judy and Juls are you out there???????????? Miss yah!
Freda I didn't get there yesterday but I will one day this week. For my daughters wedding I will go to the bridal shops. But I have two weddings this summer also. Busy! I love corn bread too! I like it with jalopeno's in it. I love spicy stuff. I don't have corn bread to often and I don't think you should give up anything you truly love. Just watch the portions. Let me know what the doc says about your shins cause we have gotten them to. Never know what to do. So I will piggy back with you to the doc's!
Old 05-03-2006, 08:07 AM   #118  

Morning everyone-

Yesterday was another good day. I managed to walk 5,775 steps which is over 2 miles. This is a huge feat for me snce I was not able to walk at the beggining of April. I weighed in and am at 162.8 a loss of 1 pound this week. I wish it were more but I'll take it. I am aiming for 160-159 for next week. I had my TOM this week so hopefully once that ends my body will readjust and I'll lose more.

Way to go on the 1/2 lb Marie it is better then nothing or gaining!

cac- I ate my fathers snack so I doubt they were reduced but they were 130 calories for 26 which is not bad. I think it was the salt that through me off though. I should really start seperating things into baggies again per serving size. I use to do that all the time.

Nikki
Old 05-03-2006, 08:16 AM   #119  
takeitoffandkeepitoff

Hi everyone~

Do you have room for 1 more?
Old 05-03-2006, 08:18 AM   #120  

Hi Lyn-

Nikki
Closed Thread