Old 04-13-2006, 05:22 AM   #61  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Teahoney - I haven't exercised in about two weeks either - I've been busy writing and it seems I can't do both!! I have definitely noticed the weight loss slowing.

Still, I lost 0.6 from yesterday which takes me down to 178.6 which means I met my Easter goal 4 days early!!!

So my next goal is 12 pounds by 31st May whcih is when I'm off on holiday. Well, it's actually a research trip but I'm, also meeting up with an internet friend in London who is going on a Mediterranean cruise for her tenth aniversary. They're stopping over in London for a day and we arranged to meet. So if I can lose 12 lbs by then. I will have lost 46 lbs by then, which would be fab! It's 1.75 lb per week, which is the same as my Easter goal was so it's doable. And I would be comfortably in a size 14 then (US size 12) which would be great.

So I am happy - I wrote almost twice my writing target of my book yesterday and I'm up to 80,000 words now!! Finished the first part and on to the second part.

Happy day!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:05 AM   #62  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Default Help

OK, This morning is terrible. For the past week I have been feeling great. Not skinny but better than normal, not bloated not overfull - just great. I ate my normal breakfast this morning (breakfast burrito with 4 grams of fat) which is way less than I used to eat and all of a sudden I fell terrible. I feel bloated, stuffed, like a pig. My jeans feel tight, when they had been feeling looser. I know that TOM is comming, I think, I am never regular and have a few problems where that is concerned and maybe that is the reason why I feel the way I do. But this is terrible, I feel fatter than ever. I have 2 days till I weigh in and I just know I have gained. Its days like this I wonder why I even try, maybe I am just supposed to be fat.
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:15 AM   #63  
MasterHarper

Babe, it's just water retention. If you had read all the past posts (which of course we wouldn't expect you to ) we all say this at around that time. And it ALWAYS goes away!!!! Promise!!

So long as you keep eating what you know you should - the weight WILL come off. But our bodies play tricks on us around that time. Some ladies on here can put on up to 4 lbs at TOM but it always goes off again afterwards! You are NOT meant to be fat but you mustn't lose heart - you must trust that you are doing ll the right things and your body is just playing silly buggers with you. Be strong!

((((hugs))))

And welcome, BTW, I never welcomed you before but welcome. We need all the girls we can get on here - we've lost quite a few along the way.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:12 AM   #64  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Another nice sunny morning. Although it's supposed to turn rainy later this afternoon and then rain all weekend . . . typical.

Congratulations, Robsia. Even without exercise you beat your own goals . . . wow.

Come on, Robbin, don't be silly or sad. Definitely just water and it will pass soon. Just hang in there, girl

Happy Birthday, Teahoney. Have a great day and then get youself back on track. You know you'll feel better when you do.

Hey, Turtle . . . you been hiding out in your shell somewhere? You've been kind of quiet.

Anyway, gang, have a great day. Here's an extra dose of to help us all be brave in the face of all that chocolate. Just do the best you can.

Last edited by meowee; 04-13-2006 at 10:18 AM.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 12:49 PM   #65  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Thursday!

Lois, we had rain and hail yesterday. But it's a beatiful sunny day again today. Glad you were able to get your excercising in and drink more water. I almost met my requirement yesterday, so close. But boy did it ever send me to the bathroom often. Funny how fast your body can get out something.

Teahoney, hope you had a fabulous birthday! You're right, don't be too hard on yourself if things aren't working out the way you think they ought to. Take it one day at a time and they'll work themselves out. Get back on the wagon girl!

Robsia, congrats on meeting your goal! And doubling your writing target. I'm swinging from your cloud nine!

Robbin, I would dido what the ladies have told you. Don't stress out too soon. Do what you're doing and wait it out a few days. You'll see that it'll go back down. You know that you can't possibly gain eating the foods that your eating. You have been really cautious. Hang on girl, you're about to ride one of the many waves in this journey. LOL!

Linda, hey girl! Hope you're having a great day.

I hope you all have an awesome day!

~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:35 PM   #66  
Mom of 4

You guys are all great and I thank you for the great advice. I have stuck to my eating plan so far today and have a very full evening planed. LOL even if I wanted to "Cheat" I dont think I would have time tonight.

Teahoney Happy Belated Birthday.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:58 PM   #67  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Hey Robsia, could us you give a little taste of your novel? I'm so intrigued. If you don't want to, that's fine. But I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:45 PM   #68  
Lois

Tracey, you are right.... girl, relax and take it one day at a time. it can be frustrating. This time around I refused to be so hard on myself and even though we say 1 year / 100 lb., it may take longer, it may happen sooner, but one thing for sure it won't happen if we pressure ourselves and any slip up makes us feel like we've failed and want to give up. Hang in there with us, you can do it! btw Happy b-day

Robsia, congrats on reaching your goal!

Robbin, what they said ...and don't get yourself down with that negative thinking. Just give it time, it will happen. Hang in there girl!

Linda, hope you're enjoying the day!

Tina, thanks... I am working on it and yep... I've been running to the potty too! hahaha!

It's been another nice day here... it rained yesterday but the sun has been shining bright all day and we're back to the 70's... I just seem to feel so much better this time of year.

Got my workout in and hopefully I'll try another this evening. I'v finally started to feel like I'm getting back on track this week... the two weeks prior was full of inconsistency when it came to exercise... I suppose that's why the scale came to a stand still... it's been fluctuating between 240 and 243 for more than a week now but I'm not going to let it distract me . My last couple of workouts must have been more intense than the ones before because I've felt a little sore the last couple of days.., not like when first starting, but I've noticed it. Anyways... I'll check back later.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day!

ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:50 PM   #69  

hey gals, just a quickie, still havnt done any exercise, but trying to keep on target wiv food.

welcome robbin, we need sum more members we seem to be losing loads at the mo.
happy birthday tracey hope ya had a fab day!
i totally agree wiv whoever said tina was a great motivator!! tina babe you are fab and def help keep me on track!!
AndrewsMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:10 PM   #70  
MasterHarper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLai
Hey Robsia, could us you give a little taste of your novel? I'm so intrigued. If you don't want to, that's fine. But I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Ah - see I'd like to, but it's a totally new idea. No one has ever done anything precisely like this before (well, that I know of) and I'm terrified of someone nicking my idea. Not that I think any of you girls would, but you never know who's lurking on the internet.

So I'm scared of giving out specific details.

But if you PM me your email address I'll send you the first couple of chapters if you like.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:46 AM   #71  
MasterHarper

Good morning ladies

Weight this morning was 177.9 - down 0.7 from yesterday which means I can move my new holiday target ticker down a notch (gotta love those decimal places!). One good thing about the little plateaus you just know that they're gonna break and when they do, you lose several day's of weight in one go!
Old 04-14-2006, 11:06 AM   #72  
Mom of 4

Robsia dont you just love it when things go the way you want. I dont weigh again till Sunday. I can only weigh once a week. I would probably go crazy with everyday.

Thanks everyone for yesterdays encouragement. I played a little basketball with my kido's for exerscise last night and it really picked me up. I feel better today, still bloated but attitude is way better. I can do this.

I found a recipe for seafood lasagna that sounds great. I think I am gonna tweak it over the weekend and see if I can come up with a low fat version. I hope it works, I love discovering new foods I can have while trying to drop pounds.

Hope everyone has a good day
Old 04-14-2006, 01:22 PM   #73  
Lois

Default Good Friday...

TGIF...

Robsia, WTG... I feel that excitement and it's very motivating... you're awesome girl, keep up the good work!

Robbin, sounds like you had fun with the kids and what better than exercise that's fun to do!

Oh my... it is a gorgeous day today.... temps are headed to the upper 70's... I love it!

I did manage to get in that additional exercise last night and have done my workout today I'm feeling pretty good. and what's even better is the numbers on that scale are moving again. : Robsia I hope you're right about breaking plateaus... I sure hope I'm breaking mine. I finally got below that 240 mark but still a fraction away from my mini goal. I hope I'm there by weigh in day (Sun.). So I won't touch my ticker until then.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day... I will check back later.

ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 03:08 PM   #74  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Hi gang . . . it's really dull and raining around here . . . and I'm feeling just about the same way. The nasty weather is supposed to last for a week or more, and the weather station is even predicting snow in the middle of it somewhere. Boy, I hope I cheer up a lot sooner than that. Probably will, since I'm never down for too long.

Was reading through some quilting books earlier today and then decided that I was getting even more depressed because I don't have enough 'fun' time right now to work on older projects let alone starting anything new. Decided it was time to drop in here to get cheered up since this gang is always soooo inspiring. And besides I can't eat and type at the same time.; although I've been feeling more sleepy than hungry.

Have a good day, folks. We'll be seeing you soon. Keep it moving and shaking and heding in the right direction.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 04:34 PM   #75  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Well guys, I'm back. Can ya believe it? I even thought I was gone for good. But, I'm back again and ready (again) to lose. I'll tell you what, turning 32 has done a number on my body! Since my 32nd b-day in July '05, my fat has begun to sag and jiggle like never before! Don't get me wrong, it never was perky! rofl! But it's more jiggly and saggy now. I can't figure it out. But I can tell you that it's grossing me out! I live in Louisiana...for those of you who've never been here on a hot August day, you take 98-101 degrees and add 80-90% humidity to it. You can barely breathe outside. It'll make you literally sick very quick! I'm telling you all of this because since my 32nd birthday (actually just since January '06 when I really started noticing the jiggles and sagging), I haven't wanted anyone to see me in anything shorter than a 3/4 length sleeve. I haven't worn shorts in literally years because of my dimply, gross fat legs. Why am I living like this? I think back to losing weight on Weight Watchers (lost 30 lbs, have gained back about 10 lbs of it in about 2 1/2 yrs). Why'd I ever quit???
Can't kick myself about it though. All I can do is change it! I don't like me. No one can change that except for me. So, I'll just do it!
For all who weren't here when I was last time, I'm Diana. For everyone else, it's great to be back and to see that quite a few familiar "faces" are still here! Congrats on all the losses. Hopefully I'll be joining the ranks with you fine folks in no time! Wish me luck....boy, am I gonna need it!
Later taters!!
Diana
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote