3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Slim for summer-Any takers?

Old 03-29-2006, 09:35 PM   #31

S/C/G: 236/230/140

I had an awesome day. I did more spring cleaning, went walking, the neighbors invited me over for dinner...it was just a great day. Good dinner too. Homemade spaghetti and meatballs, wine, and apple pie. Yummy. Pie isn't good, but I don't ever buy it or make it so it was a treat. Don't think I'll get my reward at the end of this week. But, that's okay. Hope your day was as good as mine.

buckneram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:32 AM   #32
Ready for the journey

S/C/G: 197.5/197.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Hey all

I have to admit I have been fighting a bug. I have managed to keep to my work schedule and diet, but I have failed on the physical demands. Just to catch you up to par and I do not want any sympathy...........Between my husband and I and our three kids, my husband and I hold four jobs. He is a firefighter and works in a plant store. I babysit and work in an exotic store. For the past two days I have battled a fever and managed to work extra hours and I plan to step up my physical attributes tomorrow. However, one of us is always here for the kids...........that is my main objective.

Exhausted and Determined,
Patty

Starting date: 30 June 2012
Goal date: 14 February 2013
Pattykaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:54 AM   #33

S/C/G: 144/132/115

Day 3 was half and have for me. I did good with exersicing and drank lonts of water. However I had a piece of cake, although I took far less than I normaly would have so that's good, but I also had a Wendy's Taco salad for dinner. Even though it's a salad I know that it is loaded with fat. I'll do better today, plus I'll go to the gym again tonight.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:12 PM   #34

Hope you feel better patty. Dragonfly, great job on portion control. Well, I was doing yard work and now I'm sweating to death. I'm guessing that counts as a workout. I may do more later, it all depends. TTYL.

Old 03-30-2006, 02:43 PM   #35

S/C/G: 230/230/133

checkin in on day 4 for me now.. feeling great although havent got around to any sort of exercise, wouldnt mind if my job was a bit more motivated but i stand an cut hair for a living yes ur on ur feet. but ur not moving as such.

The exercise i think will be a goal for next week.

im 6lbs down
emzi_bops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:35 PM   #36
Ready for the journey

S/C/G: 197.5/197.5/140

Height: 5'5"

That's awesome emzi!!!!!! Thanks for the get well Angela. Guess what? I got my first comment on my slimming down today. My sister said I was looking good, and I said can you tell? And she said yes I noticed yesterday in the jeans you were wearing.........Man that made me feel so good. Only 47 pounds to go, I can do it, not by the summer but I can do this.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Starting date: 30 June 2012
Goal date: 14 February 2013
Pattykaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:47 PM   #37
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/166/175

Height: 5'2"

I haven't posted in this thread before but thought I would throw in a thought I have had for emzi bops.

I have decided exercise is a bad word. I hate to exercise. But I love to have fun. I have only been on the "wagon" for a couple of days and have decided that since I hate to exercise I wont. I have 4 kids and plan on having fun with them. Maybe having a dance session where we turn up the radio and act silly for 20 - 30 minutes or go roller blading with them. Anything to get myself moving that I can say is not exercise but fun.

RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:16 PM   #38

S/C/G: 230/230/133

thats a good thought really. not to think of it as exercise. same as i tend not to think this of it as a diet i know once i start thinking that i start to want the things i cant have. I always just think.... do i really wanna be the big one the rest of my life, only eat half of that. u know the usual little boosters u give urself for you to not eat the right of the back of crisps.

Like today i went through the craving of wanting my usual bag a crisps. ( i could eat crisps instead of anything else) little obsessed So yes the crisps. i decided i wouldnt have the packet i normally have with the calories in the go outa the roof. and walked to the shop and got a pack with half the fat. and u know they tasted perfect

ok so enough rambling for today. u see i like to ramble on. talk about my day to day life. silly things thats happened.

[/center]
emzi_bops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:23 PM   #39

robbin...great job. my day was terrible. my bf's car brokedown so he'll probably have to get a new one! Yuck. Not cool when he's saving to buy me a ring. Anyways...the food was good today. controlled myself for the most part. have a good night.

Old 03-30-2006, 09:47 PM   #40
New To the Neighborhood

Default I need to lose weight for Summer

I've been fighting the battle of the bulge. Just seeing women who are size 2's makes me mad because I was once a size 5/6 than I started eating again and gained back the weight but its wierd I was able to control it in High School but around 10th grade my Sophomore year I was very sick and I had a Stomach Virus couldn't keep anything down and I lost so much weight. I was so glad when I got over that virus and could keep things down. So then on my graduaton day I was a size 8 and I was so happy to be small and boom! Freshman year of College I gained weight because we have all these Vending Machines around and its so much temptation! But I gave nto that temptation and gained weight. But I'm trying to keep my weight down now I'm weighing these days 175-178 still on the heavy side I know but I'm working on it and I'm trying to clean up my Den so my Dad could give me some Allowance but I don't have very long to clean up the room and he gave me half of my Allowance last time and I asked him why and he said I didn't keep my room clean its so much with him at times. It blows my mind that he has so much expectations.

Don't let your worst enemy get the best of you. You can do anything you set your heart to do!
~Taneisha~
Shanice Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:53 PM   #41

S/C/G: 144/132/115

Default Day 4

Hi Chicks,

It's check in time for me on day 4. Had a really great day. Ate really well, drank loads of water. Then to top the day off I went to the gym AND took my dog for a walk. Hey me! So at the beginning of the week my exersice goal was to go to the gym 4 times and walk the dog 2 times. I'm pleased to say that after day 4 I have already achieved that goal.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:24 AM   #42
surprising everyone

Just checking in ladies...
Why is it that one day you can drink tons of water and then the next totally forget? Well, I hit the treadmill every morning but one, watched what I ate and tried a new food... Have any of you tried Jicama? Its super high in vitamin c and also Potassium... In fact 4 times what a banana has!
I lost a whopping pound... But I know this was "real" fat and not water weight! Good luck over the weekend... It's that hardest time for me so stay in control!
Blessings~ Jenn
Total loss~ 20 Pounds!

~Wealth is not measured by what you acquire...but rather by how much you give away~
Jenn4Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:47 AM   #43
21 lb to lose

S/C/G: 144/128/107

just a suggestion because this thread is going to get very long if we all make a new post every day... should we all keep modifying the same thread we originally started, at least for a week at a time? each week start a new post? that way things will stay neater.

here is my plan for this week:
Diet: 4 meals a day of approximately 350 kcal each for a total of 1400 kcal a day, don't eat unless i'm hungry!
Exercise: cant this week due to new piercings that need to heal a bit more first
Water: 8 glasses a day
Goal: devote an hour a day to studying (not much but it would be an improvement)
Reward: for weight loss of 2 pounds or more, buy some barbell earrings online

height: 5'3"
goal date: january 1, 2007
perfect107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 12:18 PM   #44

Hey gals, checking in now because i'm going to have a busy day. Taking and picking up bf from work and going to visit family tonight. Good job everyone. We made it through the week.

Old 03-31-2006, 07:10 PM   #45
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Hey ladies!

days 4 & 5 for me went well. Thrusday was a very special day for me. it was my one year post Stem Cell Transplant anniversary so naturally I celebreated with some treats... today has been much better as well and I know I am going out for dinner but I already know what I am getting--I am in the mood for stir-fry!!! with extra broccoli hahaha Excersie was non exsistant today, but will go tomorrow

Glad to hear you are all doing well, or are getting back on track!!! Keep it up!!!!

Be a HERO--donate bone marrow, save a life!!!
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.