Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 05:33 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies (#69)

Hello!!

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Old 03-24-2006, 05:34 PM   #2  

Hmmmm..... I think I'm finally getting this thing down!!

Update: Still haven't had my monthly visitor. Starting to worry. Stopping at Wally World on the way home today to buy an EPT.

Sigh.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:15 PM   #3  
Losing it!

Let us know when you can Cheryl. If you have stress, it can cause you to be late. Does stewart know your late?

Dee, my middle name is DeAnn, after a girl my older brother & sister went to school with who eventually became my cousins wife! Small world!
I am trying to learn this whole Catholic thing...we wanted to marry in the church but couldn't because of my marriage before. So we never could agree upon a church to attend. We are now going to the Catholic church but I am very confused with the rituals. I do not agree with the church 100% which I feel is wrong, but Steve says any church we attend, there will be things we don't agree with. I think I am more spiritial instead of religious. I am a firm believer one doesn't need to attend church to be a believer.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:34 PM   #4  

Gayle makes sense to me, I guess that is where you got your gdeann from. I always wondered about that. I am of the same belief that you are. I feel the same. We don't have a regular church we go to. We go to many. There are a few things that I don't agree with, with the catholic church but I think that there is for every church we go to.

Cheryl thanks for starting a new thread for us. Let us know how your test turns out. I am hoping for the best for you.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:11 AM   #5  

Cheryl-Thanks, you are getting it down wonderfully! Let us know what the result is.

Suzy-Sending prayers your way for your family.

I'm having a Dee day after I run. Well, part of a Dee day. I'm having a pedicure at noon today. I can't wait to get my feet pampered. This is from the gift certificate the girls gave me last year for mother's day. It is about to expire, so I figured I'd better get on the ball.

Please pray for one of my WW cyber running friends. She just found out she has throat cancer. It is very treatable, but will have to be on meds the rest of her life.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:36 AM   #6  

Girls,

I am so relieved!! I took the test last night and it is negative!!!!

Yes, Stewart knew what was going on. I actually think he was disappointed that I'm not pregnant, believe it or not!

Hopefully I'll start one day soon so I can get back on my pills and back to "normal."

Thank you all for caring what goes on with me!

Cheryl
Old 03-25-2006, 01:19 PM   #7  

Cheryl I am sure that you are relieved. I am happy for you. Now you need to work on your relationship with Steward.

Shelley you are too funny. I am glad that you are getting pampered. Of all the people on the board you are the one that needs the pedicure the most. Those feet take a lot of beating with all the running you do. Dez and I are planning on going for pedicures together in a couple of weeks at the school. We were going to the school next week and remembered that it is spring break so they will be closed. It is so cheap to go. Less than $10.00 and they do a really good job. What color are your piggys?

Last night we had a really nice evening with Gail and Dale. I don't know why we don't do it more often. I will have to make an effort to plan evenings once a month with them. My brother is in hockey play offs, so tomorrow we are going to see his game. If they win tomorrow they will take forst place. If they lose they have two more games to play.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:12 PM   #8  
Losing it!

Cheryl``YIPPEE!!! Although....word of caution here...if you do not start in a week or so, you may want to retest. Could be your level isn't up enough yet to test positive.

I would like to have a pedicure, BUT, I am soooooooooo ticklish on my feet. The kids & Steve know the one way to instantly piss me off is to try & tickle my feet. Sounds like it would be a nice way to pamper yourself.

Shelley, prayers sent for your running buddy. Sounds like they caught it early enough. It use to be unhealthy people ended up sick. Now no one is safe. I think cancer is more prominent now because of our lifestyles and environment.

Please say a prayer for a new angel in heaven. A friend of the family passed away this morning after a long illness.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:16 AM   #9  

Gayle-I'm sending prayers your way.

Dee-My pedicure was $50.00, plus a 10.00 tip. It was wonderful. A tropical one. After she scrubbed my shins, calves and feet with an orange scrub, she placed orange slices under each heel and put a heated towel over them. It was a wonderful sensation. Meanwhile, the chair they put you in is a massaging one. It's the best massaging chair I've ever been in. I would love to own one. Back to the real world now. BTW, the color is just a basic red/pink to match everything.

Cheryl-Evidentally, it wasn't meant to be. Now, like Dee says, it is time to work on your relationship.

Has anyone heard from Doni? I am worried about her.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:35 AM   #10  

I am so bloated this morning. I ate everything in sight yesterday. It all started after my 11 miler. What is wrong with me?? I really need to get back down to business.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:42 AM   #11  
Janice

Shelley- You are doing great. Sometimes its good just to have one day to eat all the things you are craving and get it out of your system. You are so thin you don't need to worry about the odd binge. You are strong and will get right back on program. All that running! WOW!!!
I am going to join WW this morning. I just can't seem to do it on my own.
Much of the inflammation is going out of my joints, and I feel better each day. Guess the meds are starting to do there job.
Dee- All our snow is almost gone - how about yours? It is going to 13 here all week with sunshine. It is about time.
Hello to all the rest of your gals.
Suzy - the count down is on, you must be so excited.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:24 AM   #12  

Shelley now that is a "Princess Pedicure". Sounds awesome, mmm, I love citrus scents.
You did a great 11 mile run. Do you know how many calories you burned for that run and that you sped up your metabolism to burn even more calories? Do you think that you ate more calories yesterday than your body needed and that you burned from your run?
My prayers are with your internet friends. Cancer is a scarey disease but fortunately it can be beaten.

Janice I am glad to hear that the meds are helping. You will have so much more energy to help you get through the day.
Our snow is going down pretty quick. We have about a foot left with banks that are still 3-4 feet high. Fortunately like you say the temps are going to be really nice.

Gayle my heart-felt sympathies are sent your way. You have dealt with a lot of sadness lately. How are you holding out?
Are you able to massage and exfoliate your own feet? Focus, Focus, Focus, Hocus Pocus, it is mind over matter..........go for that pedicure....lol

My lonely washing machine is calling me, I got to run.

No word from Doni.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:29 AM   #13  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Thank you all for your sympathy and prayers! We had all of Tim's family over last night for dinner and everyone commented on how nice it was to get together and laugh a bit, so it was worth all the work I put into cooking and cleaning. The funeral is tomorrow, so hopefully things will soon be back to normal around here.

And for some good news...Travis completed his last mission in Iraq over the weekend! They will be staying in tents the next few days and will be leaving Iraq sometime later this week! It will take some time to get back to the US, but word is that they should be arriving between the 3rd and 6th of April!

Cheryl ~ I'm sure you are relieved, but you should probably retest in a week or so if you still haven't started by then, just to make sure.

Janice ~ I'm so happy to hear that the meds are finally starting to work and that you are feeling better! That is wonderful news!

Shelley ~ The pedicure sounds like it was heavenly! What a great way to pamper yourself!

I'll be saying prayers for your friend as she goes through her treatments.

Gayle ~ My deepest sympathies for the loss of your friend.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:34 AM   #14  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Dee ~ I'm so sorry...I didn't intend to leave you out! Sounds like you had a nice evening last night! I think we should all make time to do more fun things with friends and family.
Good luck to your brother and his team tomorrow night! Make sure you let us know how the game went!
Old 03-28-2006, 05:46 AM   #15  

Janice-Did you join WW yesterday? If you need any help, let me know. I may not be doing the best right now, but I have lots of answers, as does Dee and Gayle.

Suzy-I'm sure you are on pins and needles waiting for Travis. I hope the funeral goes as planned and you can get past it.

This is a fly by post. I love you all, just not time for personals right now!
Closed Thread