Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 05:44 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Default Chit Chat & Weight Loss #171

Hello and Welcome to all!!

We're a group of ladies who love to talk about all: Weightloss and Life stories.

Please, come on in and join us, we'd love to get to know you!
Old 03-17-2006, 06:17 PM   #2  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

ok....I'll bite and be the first to post.

the boys seem to be better today. Brandon only has his cough and ocassional runny nose. Logan stil has all of his things, BUT he is in a much better mood today! He is smiling and talking to us today. Yesterday all he did was sleep, eat a little bit, and cry....sometimes all at the same time.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:07 PM   #3  
Closed

Hiya Girls
I have a computer, I am so happy to be able to talk to you all again. Its been a really long time and I am a little rusty,lol , in more ways than one..I am so out of touch with you all so bear with me until I get back in the swing of things.I have to rebuild my picture files all over again, but most importantly ,catch up with all you girls and all your lives and news.Its been really lonely not being able to talk to you , with both my son and daughter moved out, and wouldn't you know it just as I am enjoying the (peace and quiet) and I finally get my computer my darling son decides to move back with me for a while sometime in the late summer, he says he wants to help me out, and although I know its true I really like the (peace and quiet ), hmmm did I already say that, I think it must be true lol. Oh well whats a mother to do. I have so much to say and yet I don't know where to begin.Its been a rough year , still working on that painting , remember that painting I was going to do LOL. But the good news is its yellow, yes I made a decision, can you believe it.I scrapped recovering the loveseats turns out it was more expensive to go that route than to buy new ones so on April 1st I will receive two floral loveseats in shades of yellow and other florally colours, is that a word florally, well if not it is now,LOL its Ellens dictionary .So much to tell, my daughters getting married on Christmas Eve...2006, so chances are you may actually get to see a picture of me at some point. On a sad note I lost another kitty, Kobi, the little guy with epilepsy died a month ago, he became ill and began to lose weight he was diagnosed with diabetes, and before they could stabalize his condition he passed away .It all happened so fast we were in shock.All the other kitties are doing fine though and for that I am thankful. Well girls maybe I have said enough for tonight ,its been a long day today, and as much as I would like to torment you with more of my tales and woes, I will save it for another day, it is so good to be back with you all, hopefully the feeling is mutual LOL. You girls have a great night and I will talk to you tomorrow.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:19 AM   #4  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Ellen I am so happy to have you back! Im sorry about Kobi...
big hugs,
Old 03-18-2006, 07:33 AM   #5  
ugggg.....

Mindee--I hate when the kids are sick--my 18 DD called me last week and said to come get her and bring her home--we knew she was sick then since she is very independent. We ran the vaporizer, got her a OTC inhaler, rubbed Vicks on (which she hates and said the she didn't want it but got anyway!) I also got some of the new vapor-plugins and put in her bathroom. It all seemed to help. She's still not feeling 100%

Tearose--I too have both kids moved out of the house. Now it's just DH & the animals. It was hard to get used to the quiet and not listening for DD to come home by her curfew. DS has been on his own for about 2 1/2 years. He has really come into his own lately. Even others have noticed the change, he will be 21 on April 1. I feel for you with your pets. We had a beautiful puppy that had epilepsy, after unsuccessfully trying many treatments with a wonderful vet we had to put him down at only eight months. It was a very sad time.

Hi to Angie and everyone else.

My husband's pap who is 95 broke his hip two weeks ago and then had some serious complications. He is in the nursing home for rehab before going home with DH's uncle and aunt. Pap is more like a father than DH's parents. He lived with his grandparents from 3-13 and then again from 16-18, so this was really hard for him. His step father is trying a new treatment for his pancreatic cancer and is having good days and bad days.
The Slim-n-Tone (Curves like gym) I go to has started a pilates class once a week. I went last Wednesday and am going to try to continue. Boy have my abs been sore!!! Haven't lost or gained any weight--sigh--. Bought some potting soil to re-pot some of my indoor plants. My tulips and one of the two columbine plants I put in last year are coming back. I have had good luck with hostas too. I have my Michigan bulb and Burpee catalogs trying to decide what I want to put in next. I got a new cd which I am enjoying. It's Cyyndi Lauper doing some of her old hits acousticly. I had watched an interview on VH1 where she talked about playing the dulcimer and other stringed instruments. I have always loved the songs "Time after Time" and "True Colors". The cd sounds like when the artists do MTV's Unplugged. There are a few new ones and I have fell in love with a new one "I'll be your River" which has a bluesy feel to it.
Well I gotta go and get a couple of things done this morning!!
Old 03-18-2006, 08:38 AM   #6  
Ginny

Good morning ladies, hello to Jules and Ellen. Sorry about the kitty, and Jules sorry about your husband's pap.. I too am alone with my husband, all 5 boys having moved out and into the real world, but my doors are always open and they seem to all come back for something or other. My youngest is getting married in Aug. he is in college right now. So after this year he won't be coming back home on breaks etc.,, at least I am hoping not. Have had son #3 move back in with us twice after he left, once with a wife, second time with wife and baby. It was my first granddaughter, so course I loved it. But now hubby and I are getting used to the place by ourselves. Just have one old dog to take care of. Did I mention he, the dog, has doggy dementia. Poor thing, can't remember anything.

Well, just wanted to come in and say hey to everyone, and to say that I am feelilng better, still have all the crap but it's letting up some. I can at least sleep a couple hours at a time now. But the good news is the scale has been good to me. Surprisingly so. Check out my meter at the bottom. Really gives me incentive now to keep it up... going to get back on my bike this afternoon and try to go at least 5 miles.

This morning I am off to town. Have many errands to run, will take me several hours. But it's the only day I get to do it. Been back to work full time since Thursday. Went in Wed. but came home at noon, totally exhausted. Not being able to breathe normally sure tires one out. Mindee, glad to hear the little guys are feeling better. It's so hard to see little ones suffering like this.

Ok, well everyone have a good day. I better get my butt in gear and hit the shower so I can be off and running.

Ginny
Old 03-18-2006, 12:56 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

I've been trying to post, and kept getting the "Busy Server" message.

Marti - so what're you up to this weekend?

Mindee - how are you? Mamas sometimes get overlooked.

Susan - I'm so sorry you have all this stress in your life, and am praying your DD will accept the help you and the doctors are trying to give her.

Ellen - glad to see you! Sorry about Kobi. Wow, you've got lots going on in your life, too. Seems like we all do!

Jules - I'm trying to think just where I'll be placing all the plants and flowers at my new house, after we move them from around this house. It's a big job! Thankfully, we have a professional florist/greenhouse owner in our ranks (Ginny).

Ginny - I was talking about you to Jules, lol. I may need your advice about the plants. Glad you're feeling better, Missy. And a big YAY for your loss!

Cristi - hope you're having a good weekend.

I'm on my way in a little bit to spend the night in Evansville with Mary and Madison. We're taking her on a little trip since she didn't go to WDW. The operative word is Little, lol. It's only for 1 night, and it's only about 45 minutes away from home. But she's got her little Disney Princesses suitcase all packed, and is so excited.

I've been holding my own with the weight loss. Not losing, and not gaining. I need a swift kick in the butt. Any volunteers? Lord knows the target is big enough, lol.

Gotta run... see you tomorrow or Monday.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:08 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

SUSAN...lots of (((((HUGS))))) to you!
Old 03-18-2006, 02:50 PM   #9  
Closed

Good Afternoon Ladies
I to have been trying to post but my computer was not agreeable today at all, I finally got tired of trying so I had some lunch and decided to try one more time and it worked. I have little patience today for tempermental machinery.Its a beautiful day out the sun is shining , but its cold.I guess it won't be long though until I am complaining about the heat to, never satisfied LOL. I should be painting but I am not in the mood at the moment, hopefully I get in the mood soon, the sooner I get to it the sooner I will be finished. I am looking forward to catching up on some reading I haven't picked up a book for almost a year, and I have a lot of books waiting to be read.I bought one of those ott lights to help with night reading to see if that helps my eyes a bit , I haven't really had a chance to try it out yet, hopefully it works. Last night after signed off, I went to call the newest adoptee kitty who I call thor to see if he was around and would like to spend the night in a warm home, he sleeps on a blanket and is very happy and appreciative to have some where safe to lay his head, I called his name and I have a little shelter like a dog house except for kitties outside and he came out he was soaked through to the skin , and he was badly beaten up, he had some nasty cuts on his head and his paw was bleeding and he was limping , I tried to dry him gently but he was to sore , so I put some food next to him and let him be.He didn't look to good this morning either , a little perkier much drier, but still limping. I feel so badly for him , and any other kitties that are homeless,but then I guess you girls know that by now.Anyway enough about me for now.

Hi Jane... where did you move to , did you exchange houses with your son and daughter-in-law or did you buy another house, I have no idea whats going on in your life, how is your family and those beautiful grandchildren.can't wait to catch up with you HUGS

Hi Susan... sweet susie what happened in your life , I am so sorry to hear about your young daughter, I pray that she finds her way back before to much damage is done. I feel so badly for you , so many stresses in one life it seems never ending for you, I hope everthing else is going better, how is my little
Gaby doing ? I hope to catch up with your life and news ,Big Hugs

Hi Marti... Its been a really long time , so glad to be back , I feel a little lost though , I guess much has happened in everyones lives that I am unaware of, I do hope all is well in your life,and your family is doing fine. HUGS

Hi Ginny... I don't think we have met, but I know what you mean about the having the place to yourselves, although with me its just myself and my kitties, I thought I would be so lonely and afraid to be alone , but I have got to say that first day when I woke up , the house was quiet , so quiet, there was this wonderful calm , the kitties were asleep on the bed and there wasn't a sound, no slamming doors , loud music, it was heaven, I say was ,how sad, LOL well I laid down the law I said if you come back , things will be different, I love my peace and quiet I can't stress that enough,and he agreed, hah at least untill he's back in the door right LOL Oh well I can always invest in earplugs...

Hi Jules... Sorry to hear about your husband's paps , I hope he is doing better ,it sounds as though your family is having some difficulties, I hope everyone is feeling better soon. Good for you taking pilates I have one of the pilates machines, I have had it for a few years now. I like it very much when I use it, I just can't get to it right now , its in the room where all the storage is taking place while I paint... another reason to get the painting finished.Keep up the good work, sore abs , sounds good to me.LOL

Hi Mindee.... Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy Logan I was checking out his pictures what a sweet baby, now you have two beautiful boys, I hope that they are feeling better, its hard when the little ones are not feeling well ,I hope that you and Tommy are doing well, how is the new place , do you like it there, hopefully I can catch up with your news soon.HUGS

Hi Angie.... Long time no talk huh , the boys are handsome as ever give them a kiss and hug from Auntie Ellen LOL . I bet they will just love that. Your kitty Milo is doing good , he has grown leaps and bounds, but he's still our baby. He is so sweet and gentle , and a real mommies boy he is never far from
Amelie , I am big mommy and she is little mommy just so there is no confusion LoL. Maddie is also a real sweetie, she is more independant than Milo , she sticks with little mommy to , but she loves big mommy she's my shadow.I hope all is well in your neck of the woods ,I sound like a farmer don't I LOL. Can hardly wait to catch up with you.Come over for coffee , your the closest to me LOL HUGS
Hi Miss Christina... How are you doing . Thankyou for the beautiful cards.It has been a very long time since we talked home decorating, hows your place shaping up. Did you settle on a final shade of taupe, LOL You haven't moved or anything have you, its been so long since we talked ,maybe you have a whole new color scheme now, we should talk LOL. How is your family , how is your Son I really have no clue what has been going on in your life, I hope all is well. It will be so nice to talk to you again. HUGSS

Hi to all you other Ladies, I don't know who is still here, I really hope everyone is doing well and all is well in your lives, I have missed you all so much hopefully we can all catch up soon , HUGS TO ALL

Just to warn you this computer appears to have some bugs that need working out so if I go missing, its not me, I had a heck of a time getting on here today hopefully this is temporary , I have to get my son over here to check things out, he didn't have much time yesterday when they hooked it up , so hopefully he will get here in the next few days... HAVE A GREAT DAY GIRLS TALK SOON
Old 03-18-2006, 03:32 PM   #10  
Ginny

Hi again ladies
Just dropped in for a short spell. Had to email son. He is away at college and his fiance called late Thursday night, my son had hurt his back at school, he is interning to be a special ed teacher. Anyway he managed to get home but after that he couldn't move without excruciating pain. She ended up calling an ambulance, poor boy, it took 2 guys to get him down the stairs from his apartment.. he is not a big guy, he is 6' and weighs about 175, but he hurt so bad he couldn't move. Anyway they gave him valium at the hospital to relax his muscles.. I told him to save me some.. anyway just had to email him, don't want to call till he calls me so not to disturb him if he is resting.

That poor kitty, Ellen. It is so nice of you to take them in like that. I feel sorry for the animals out in the cold. I don't believe we've met before, I used to post on this forum a couple years ago but I think it was a different group of ladies. Anyway, nice to meet you.

The sun is shining here too, but it is still very cold. The wind is really sharp.
I rode my bike for 5 miles today, yeahhhhh!!! it felt good. And since it seems to be helping with my weight loss I shall continue to increase my miles as I go.But even if I only do 5 miles a day for a week, that is still 25-35 miles a week. Sounds good to me... but I know there will be days I won't ride so maybe I should challenge myself to get in that many miles a week. Hey, does anyone else have a bike, we could take a trip together, a virtual trip of course, calulate our miles and see where we end up. Just an idea. What are the rest of you doing for exercise?

Mindee, hope the little guys are doing better today. And Angie? how is Brandon's feet doing? And how are you doing?

Ellen I see you are on line as I write this, to bad there isn't a way we could speak one on one, I see you don't have msn messenger or yahoo or icq or anything.....does anyone else?

Ok, I am procratinating now. I have laundry to finish and sweeping to do before I start supper and hubby will be home. So later chicks....

Ginny
Old 03-18-2006, 03:44 PM   #11  

Height: 5'1"

Good Afternoon Ladies!!!!

Ellen--Welcome back!!! Sure have missed you! So glad that you have a computer again. It won't take long for us all to catch up. I am happy to hear that you're enjoying the quiet. Makes it easier knowing your kids are on their own.

Mindee--Yes....how are YOU? It must be very hard to have both boys sick at the same time. But then I suppose it would be better than to have one sick then the other one right after. Hope you're getting some much needed rest.

Jules--How have you been?? I totally understand about Pap being more of a father than his own father. My grandmother was more of a mother than mine. I spent so much of my childhood w/her. Then I lived w/her for a year while in highschool. She was always there when I needed to talk to someone. Pilates is wonderful don't you think?? I never took a class, but I've done it at home. And have been talking about doing it again real soon. It's amazing on how much of a workout it gives you!!

Ginny--Glad to hear that you're feeling so much better. Make sure you take it easy when you start working out again. Don't want to over do it and let the sickness linger. You're virtual trip idea sounds like fun. I do have a bike, but it needs tuned. Maybe I can hop on my gazelle and clock the miles on that. Would that work? I'm up for anything to get my booty moving more.

Jane--I don't have much on my agenda for the weekend at all. I want to tidy up the house. Seems like everytime I get it where I like it.....it's right back to where it was! Have lots of fun w/Madison. I think that is such a sweet thing to do since she didn't go to WDW. What a great grandma.

Hello to Angie, Susan, Cristina, and everyone else I have missed. Hope you're all having a great day.

I got the best news last night. I arrived to see that one of the ladies from dayshift (a lead) was still lingering around. I thought we were extremely busy and she was still working. She told me that she was waiting for me so she could talk to me. (uh oh...what did I do wrong)
They wanted to see if I wanted to work an earlier shift and learn different things in the Reference department!! I of coarse said yes!!!
They would like me to come in at 1:00 in the afternoon and work until 9:30. OMG! That is exactly what I've been wanting! So I'm really excited about it all. This will happen in a few weeks. We have a new girl starting next week and the gal who was on maternity leave is coming back Monday. They need to get them in the groove of things before I switch my hours.

Isn't that the greatest news???

Now, about exercise:

Last night at work I decided to wear my pedometer to see how much walking I do. By the time 8hrs was up....I've walked 5miles. Can you believe that? Now, I'm not sure how accurate those things are, but I do a lot of walking, just didn't think 5miles worth! Crazy! No wonder the holiday weight gain has gone!!

Ok...my tummy is growling, time to eat some lunch then think of what I need to pick up from the grocery store!

Hugs to all
Old 03-18-2006, 08:48 PM   #12  
Ginny

Hi again

Marti, what is a gazelle? But hey you walked 5 miles, I rode 5 miles, it doesn't matter how we do it, at least we do it....shall we pick a destination and see how many miles it will take us to reach it, then go from there? We should pick a destination between our two states and see where our paths take us..on our virtual trek.

A few of you are having trouble getting into here, I don't know what kind of trouble, but I never log out and I have the latest thread on my favorites list, I just hit that and come right into the thread. Don't know if that would help any of you, just thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth.

Also, I have a greenhouse, we are classifed as growers. I am not a florist nor do I have anything to do with cut flowers, arrangements etc. We grow bedding plants, potted plants all for outdoors. I will be happy to answer any guestions concerning these things if I can. My husband is the plant expert. He makes all the major growing decisions. Even though I also do help with all the planting I am in charge of the business end. I handle the office work, as well as run a retail center.

Marti, congratulations on getting the change in your job that you wanted. Those sound like much better hours.

My son #3 is coming over tomorrow with my 3 grandbabies. Jade is 5, she is into all the Princess things, I have the collection of Princess movies, Barbie Swan lake, Nutcracker etc.. NOw they have come out with Mermaidia... she called me today to see if she could come watch it with me.. it came out on Tuesday and she knew her grandma would get it.. so her and her sister Jasmine who is 1 and a half will come watch it with me. Their brother James is 4, he loves to go for rides in grandpa's van. They go on donut runs.

Well, guess I'll go read for a spell and turn in early. Tomorrow promises to be a busy day.

Ginny
Old 03-18-2006, 10:04 PM   #13  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good evening ladies.
Ellen..hello and welcome back. We missed you!
Jane..Have fun on your overnight. I have never had this site tell me it is busy. Now, my computer, on the other hand, has kicked me off. But not 3fc.
Ginny..I would love to work with plants. I have such a black thumb, and I too am going to need lots of landscaping in the near future. I would just like to learn HOW to grow something. lol
Marti...That is great news about your work shift change. I know you will love that. Boy, do I know what you mean about cleaning and then it is some messed up. That is what happens here, and we can't figure out why with just the 2 of us. And don't even get me started on how 2 people can dirty so much laundry...it is unreal.
Jules- I wish I had a bike, I would love a good journey. I try to walk as much as possible, but really have slacked off lately. I do the WATP video about once a week, but should do that more also. What can I say, I have just been so lazy. Of course, I am not losing weight either.
Angie..Susan..Cristina..Mindee.....all other J.L's ...Hope you are having a great week-end.

I have been busy visiting DD and DGS who are in from CA for her grandpa's funeral. I got to spend most of Thurs. with the little guy, 5, and he is a joy. So smart, of course, as most grannies will tell you about their "grands." I will hate to see them go back home on Mon., but I think they are ready to get back to their new family situation. Both are so happy.
Today all except one of my "grands" were here and it was good to spend time with them.

The trees are down on our lot and it will be cleaned up by Wed. Let the building begin!!! NOW I am getting excited.

Have a good Sun. friends.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:50 AM   #14  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hello all,
Ellen, I am so glad you are back, and to stay! Ive always admired your dedication to those poor lil kitties. You are like their own guardian angel.

Susan, can you send my your email addy, I tried to send you an email and it bounced back. How is Rach doing?

Jane, I bet you had fun with Mary and Madison. Remember you haven't lost anything but the big thing is you havne't GAINED,,,Once you are packing and moving, and planting you will be so busy,,,that in it self it a major workout.

Sue, thats good you got to spend time with your family.

Marti that is fantastic news! You will have a life now. 5 miles? that is alot of walking...

Christina, I don't know how it came about but I have lost your email addy, i think in my confusion I deleted teh wrong email when you changed last. Could you email me again...
nothing new...just hanging out...
Old 03-19-2006, 03:18 AM   #15  
Closed

Hi Ladies
I should be in bed, now I remember the bad part of having a computer, It didn't work for most of the day though, I guess there are some bugs to work out of it still. I was getting worried though and somewhat stressed ,I thought there was something really wrong , but after many hours of waiting it finally worked .Angie my son says I am officially a cat lady now,LOL. I just can't leave them hungry and cold, all day I thought about what if that little guy didn't have a place to go, last night the way he was soaked and hurt, how would he have survived with it being so brutally cold. He is a really good boy to , he doesn't bother any of the other cats , he just goes to his blanket and goes to sleep. Hopefully I don't drive you all crazy with my kitty tales , its just they are such a big part of my life. With my daughter getting married this year chances are good I will be a Grandma sometime in the future, hopefully not to distant future and then I can talk relentlesly about my Grandbaby LOL. My son's band is still going strong they are getting closer to being signed, there is a lot of interest now,they are working hard recording a new cd.His landscape design company is doing well this year ,although its very early he won a bid on a government contract to do a roof garden for the MTO building which he has already worked a week on. So he's off to a very good early start this year. Well you know its 3 am in the morning and I need to shut this down or I won't be very productive when I get up. so i will say goodnight not that I expect anyone is up anyways depending on where you all are and what time it is,but in this neck of the woods its time to say goodnight even if its officially morning. So Goodnight and Goodmorning and I will talk to you all later in the day much later
Closed Thread